eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary

+7
nogex1
boer jan
Boklevski
Franckie18
Fhaemita Malodorous
Niemand
ThomasRED
11 posters

Go down

eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary Empty eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary

Post by ThomasRED 2014-12-24, 01:21

So as you have seen in your mailbox, we have prepared and sent a newsletter thanks to a tool in the admin panel.

It will not become something regular, it's the first time we used it in 5 years and it will not become a spamming tool. I don't know if we will use it anytime soon, I don't think so.

We tried to make it as good as it could, with a nice design to go along. The message have been sent to all of our 1115 members, the goal was to thank them to being part of our community, and to reach the belgians citizens who died and all the others, to give a boost to our country and to raise activity on the forum. The fact it is today the 5th anniversary of our forum was an excellent occasion to send this mail.

The content is also available here :
http://www.erepbelgium.com/h4-erepbelgium-en
http://www.erepbelgium.com/h3-erepbelgium-nl
http://www.erepbelgium.com/h2-erepbelgium-fr

For those who like statistics, I added a tracking id to the mail so we will be able to see how many people read it, and from which countries ^^...

Sending a mail to 1115 members was a lot of pressure What a Face and I did make a little mistake pirat
I sent it from my account and not from the Admin account, and as my forum is in french, the bottom of the mail you received is in french (Links to the forum, user preferences, etc...)

Well I'm off, merry christmas to all !
santa
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary Empty Re: eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary

Post by Niemand 2014-12-24, 07:11

At least you trapped me Wink

Good to see that you have had a baby boom. I hope it will bring good time.

Congrats eBelgium! Very Happy

Niemand
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary Empty Re: eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2014-12-24, 07:39

Nice Smile
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Franckie18 2014-12-24, 10:10

Good job ThomasRed ! Merry Christmas everybody !
Franckie18
Franckie18
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2014-12-24, 13:28

I also published an article ingame, feel free to vote it and to shout it Wink

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2480804/1/20
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2014-12-24, 15:44

I was positively surprised to find it in my mailbox. Good work!
Boklevski
Boklevski
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by boer jan 2014-12-24, 18:04

I thought it was spam that managed to pass my filter, as the picture did not showed up and it came from a gmail account Very Happy
lucky I saw this post here.
however, good idea of you
boer jan
boer jan
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nogex1 2014-12-24, 21:00

Great idea Smile
nogex1
nogex1
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanoyo 2014-12-25, 10:01

boer jan wrote:I thought it was spam that managed to pass my filter, as the picture did not showed up and it came from a gmail account Very Happy
lucky I saw this post here.
however, good idea of you

Same ahahah xD

Nanoyo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2014-12-25, 13:14

That's why I added "The content of this mail is an image, please allow it to be displayed" but maybe I should have been more explicit... That being said the expeditor name and the mail subject said enough to not categorize it as spam no ? Smile
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boer jan 2014-12-25, 15:27

ThomasRED wrote:That's why I added "The content of this mail is an image, please allow it to be displayed" but maybe I should have been more explicit... That being said the expeditor name and the mail subject said enough to not categorize it as spam no ? Smile
yes but even after authorisation the picture did not display, even on your newspaper page it does not display for me, have to open the link in a new tab to see it.

Do not know how it is in Belgium, but here in France we recieve daily mails who look very real, from banks or official departments so we get suspicious every time we see some broken link Rolling Eyes
boer jan
boer jan
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2014-12-25, 15:54

Mmh, maybe i didn't choose the better hosting service (noelshack) image then, good to know for the future, thanks for your feedbacks ! Wink
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanoyo 2014-12-25, 19:14

Wut ? Noelshack is the little brother of Imageshack. That's weird if you have a blockage on that.

Nanoyo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2014-12-25, 20:51

I use http://www.hostingpics.net/

after inscription, no problem, i'm on this site since few months no adverstising... easy to use... you can download few pictures in the same time and it's free. Smile
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by tommot 2014-12-25, 21:58

I use the service that the forum uses(it is usually compatible with most things) - servimg.com

And for gif or other animated formats i use postimage.org
tommot
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2015-01-03, 21:43

The operation wasn't a big success, the idea was to contact directly our +1100 members, but according to the tracker i added to the mail, only ~100 members received it. This number is quite low, and I still don't know why it is not higher(well I did but I forgot I did What a Face see my next post). It seems that there could have been a problem with the sender (the tool from adminpanel) (or the tracker didn't work perfectly, or both - to be working, the img had to be loaded, so if the member didnt authorize the picture to be displayed, it wouldnt have been count). To have send a forum mp to all members would have maybe been more successfull, even if a large number of people wouldn't have checked it (despite the mail notification). Anyway, here are some stats...

eRepublik Belgium newsletter/mail and Anniversary XD1PnRt

Last edited by ThomasRED on 2015-01-04, 01:28; edited 1 time in total
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2015-01-04, 00:39

so many americans Wink

But I didn't received any message.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2015-01-04, 01:26

Olv007 wrote:so many americans Wink

But I didn't received any message.
I forgot to add the main reason why it didn't worked out so well  Surprised Forum members have to select "yes" at the question "do you want to receive newsletter from the forum" when they register, which is on "no" from default. Which is the case for you for example. It can be changed in user preferences. But we as admins don't know who have selected yes or no unless we check the profile of each and every member... :-/ That's why i said on my previous post, next time it could be better to send not a newsletter but a private message to all members.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down