Change the colors of the masking system

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change the colors of the masking system

Post by El1teBE on 2012-02-28, 12:04

@Admins

Can you please change the colors of some of the masks here, in the forum?

The color of "Honorary Citizen" group is too similar with "FoB" and "Foreign Ambassadors", and it's difficult to follow this colors that easily. I'm proposing "Honorary Citizen" group to be colored pink, "FoB" - violet (now when there is no "BTA members" list), and "Foreign Ambassadors" to stay in the same color.

"FoC", "Administrators" and "National Ambassadors" are also too similar, but as there are no citizens masked as National Ambassadors, that isn't big deal! Anyway, you can make changes on that too, for ex. - "Administrators" to become red and "National Ambassadors" - yellow (there are no citizens in it, anyway)

So, the legend will look like this:

{Administrators} {Head Ministers} {Congress Members} {Moderators} {Justices} {Citizens} {Honorary Citizen} {Friends of Congress} {Friends of eBelgium} {National Ambassadors} {Foreign Ambassadors}
avatar
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1271
Points : 1176
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 33
Location : In the middle of a road to Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous on 2012-02-28, 12:23


I like \o/

____________________________________

Forum Moderator (7th term)

Former
Democratically Elected Dictator (2 Terms)
President of eBelgium (7 Terms)
Vice President of eBelgium (7 terms)
Chairman of Congress (4 Terms)
Supreme Court Justice (3rd term)
eBelgian Congressman (8 terms)
Former Belgian National Army Commander
Party President Democratic Socialist Party (12 Terms)




(Former) Positions
[/i]
avatar
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 6730
Points : 7450
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 37
Location : Netherlands @ RL, eDK @ Erep

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by cooke4444 on 2012-02-28, 12:26

That yellow is hurting my eyes Crying or Very sad

... could be the school computer though...
avatar
cooke4444
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1769
Points : 1481
Join date : 2011-10-25
Age : 25
Location : The universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by El1teBE on 2012-02-28, 12:29

cooke4444 wrote:That yellow is hurting my eyes Crying or Very sad

... could be the school computer though...
lol, I know - that's why I colored the group with no citizens in it, with it! Wink
avatar
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1271
Points : 1176
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 33
Location : In the middle of a road to Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Pieter557 on 2012-02-28, 19:33


{Administrators}
{Head Ministers}
{Congress Members}
{Moderators}
{Justices}
{Citizens}
{Honorary Citizen}
{Friends of Congress}
{Friends of eBelgium}
{National Ambassadors}
{Foreign Ambassadors}



what about this?
avatar
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1326
Points : 1566
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 29
Location : Gent

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by cooke4444 on 2012-02-28, 19:38

Nope, at home still hurting my eyes Razz No yellow plz
avatar
cooke4444
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1769
Points : 1481
Join date : 2011-10-25
Age : 25
Location : The universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Pieter557 on 2012-02-28, 20:23

cooke4444 wrote:Nope, at home still hurting my eyes Razz No yellow plz

what yellow?
avatar
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1326
Points : 1566
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 29
Location : Gent

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous on 2012-02-28, 20:28

Pieter557 wrote:
cooke4444 wrote:Nope, at home still hurting my eyes Razz No yellow plz

what yellow?

I was wondering the same thing

____________________________________

Forum Moderator (7th term)

Former
Democratically Elected Dictator (2 Terms)
President of eBelgium (7 Terms)
Vice President of eBelgium (7 terms)
Chairman of Congress (4 Terms)
Supreme Court Justice (3rd term)
eBelgian Congressman (8 terms)
Former Belgian National Army Commander
Party President Democratic Socialist Party (12 Terms)




(Former) Positions
[/i]
avatar
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 6730
Points : 7450
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 37
Location : Netherlands @ RL, eDK @ Erep

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by cooke4444 on 2012-02-28, 20:28

The yellow from el, yours is better to me Wink
avatar
cooke4444
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1769
Points : 1481
Join date : 2011-10-25
Age : 25
Location : The universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Pieter557 on 2012-02-28, 21:37

cooke4444 wrote:The yellow from el, yours is better to me Wink

what?
avatar
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1326
Points : 1566
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 29
Location : Gent

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Backwards on 2012-02-28, 21:39

Too many green contrasts, I think. It is possible to keep them separated when you see the above list, but once in topics, I don't think it will be any easier Smile
avatar
Backwards
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Posts : 780
Points : 906
Join date : 2010-05-31
Age : 80
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Johny English A on 2012-02-28, 23:06

I agree with Backwards; to many green contrasts; the yellow is a bit flash, but we could still use it for a grouo that's (almost) void - like the National Ambassadors
avatar
Johny English A
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 335
Points : 308
Join date : 2011-11-15
Age : 37
Location : Brussels

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by El1teBE on 2012-02-28, 23:34

Pieter557 wrote:
{Administrators}
{Head Ministers}
{Congress Members}
{Moderators}
{Justices}
{Citizens}
{Honorary Citizen}
{Friends of Congress}
{Friends of eBelgium}
{National Ambassadors}
{Foreign Ambassadors}



what about this?
Looks better, but you can use pink instead of one of the green colors!
avatar
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1271
Points : 1176
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 33
Location : In the middle of a road to Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Procuste on 2012-02-28, 23:39

If we have blind color members, using other colors would be helpful too I guess. Surprised

Procuste
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1742
Points : 1805
Join date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Mudduck95 on 2012-02-29, 00:58

I like the second list by Pieter and I agree with El use pink. To much green.
avatar
Mudduck95
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

Posts : 2532
Points : 2242
Join date : 2010-02-20
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by El1teBE on 2012-03-05, 00:54

What happened with this? Too much work to do? If so, just forget it - but please tell us that!
avatar
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1271
Points : 1176
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 33
Location : In the middle of a road to Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by ThomasRED on 2012-03-05, 01:05

If we should changes things each time that a member request it, it will make this forum a real mess... You can make an "open letter" signed by 10% of our 700 members and then we will see if it worth considering the idea or not.

Spoiler:
Joking, Pieter is on it, he made some tests and some colours were not good... If we changes colors everyday, forum members will be lost, so let's make it smartly... ;-)

____________________________________
Spoiler:
broken  What a Face




avatar
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4778
Points : 5985
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 40
Location : Belgium, Wallonia

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Lily Jayne Summers on 2012-06-10, 13:58

ThomasRED wrote:If we should changes things each time that a member request it, it will make this forum a real mess... You can make an "open letter" signed by 10% of our 700 members and then we will see if it worth considering the idea or not.

Spoiler:
Joking, Pieter is on it, he made some tests and some colours were not good... If we changes colors everyday, forum members will be lost, so let's make it smartly... ;-)

Any update on this? Sad

The current colour system is rather hard to follow, and too similar.

If you use the colours Pieter has suggested or something along those lines, you'll 100% know the difference between the different status of people (Admin, congress, etc) without having taken 2 minutes of deciding which 10 colours of yellow there is in accordance to each member.
avatar
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1379
Points : 1426
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Viridi on 2012-06-10, 16:45

Yeah.

avatar
Viridi
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1477
Points : 1750
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Lily Jayne Summers on 2012-06-10, 21:38

Really does need to be updated.

Otherwise we will be here thinking here forevermore with no progress with sight.
avatar
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1379
Points : 1426
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by theophyledepatryarkes on 2012-06-11, 00:46

Indeed!
Change the colours... Please!
avatar
theophyledepatryarkes
Forum God
Forum God

Posts : 915
Points : 718
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by tommot on 2012-06-11, 14:18

i know this, the colors where changed in what you see now.
Realy, i dont see the need to yet another change.
Don't forget that for every color that changes people will have to get used to that change.
Now that it finally settles you want make it different again
there are enough differences between the present colors to keep them appart from one and another.

____________________________________
Spoiler:

15 times Congress member
1° time Country President
Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party (1X) and the All TOgethers party (5X)
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012 & day 2813 - 3 August 2015
Immigration Officer - day 1806 - 30 October 2012 Until day 1849 - 12 December 2012
Minister of Foreign Affairs - day 1874 - 06 January 2013 Until day 1905 - 06 February 2013
Secretary of Media & FUN - day 1994 - 6 May 2013 until day 2055 - 6 July 2013
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until ...
For more, look at my wiki profile: click here

updated on - 31/10/2015
avatar
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 8155
Points : 5831
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 36
Location : Antwerpen, Schelle

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by bri2048 on 2012-06-11, 14:29

tommot wrote:there are enough differences between the present colors to keep them appart from one and another.

Be carefully about making a statement like that. Some of us will disagree. To me, the following pairs are too close in color (and yes, I am partially color blind)

Congress Members -- Citizens
FoC -- National Ambassadors
HC -- Foreign Ambassadors
avatar
bri2048
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Posts : 537
Points : 647
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 77
Location : Everywhere and Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by tommot on 2012-06-11, 15:02

[Congress Member] is in bright green (in my oppinion very different from the other green).
[Citizens] is bright orange and also very diffferent from all other colors.
[ Friends of Congress ] and [ National Ambassadors ] are the 2 colors the most simular to each other and if it could be a problem i would not mind changing one of the two(like plane Black).
[ Honorary Citizen ] and [ Foreign Ambassadors ]are indee also very much alike. Change one of the two in bright purple.
i admid there are a few colors that look to much like each other. so i might have spoken to soon.
I do hope that after the new changes have gone through it would stay like that for a long time.

____________________________________
Spoiler:

15 times Congress member
1° time Country President
Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party (1X) and the All TOgethers party (5X)
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012 & day 2813 - 3 August 2015
Immigration Officer - day 1806 - 30 October 2012 Until day 1849 - 12 December 2012
Minister of Foreign Affairs - day 1874 - 06 January 2013 Until day 1905 - 06 February 2013
Secretary of Media & FUN - day 1994 - 6 May 2013 until day 2055 - 6 July 2013
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until ...
For more, look at my wiki profile: click here

updated on - 31/10/2015
avatar
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 8155
Points : 5831
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 36
Location : Antwerpen, Schelle

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by bri2048 on 2012-06-11, 15:09

That is interesting because I see [Congress Member] and [Citizen] as being the closes in colors. Smile

I do agree that after the change, I would like the colors to not change for a very long time.


Disclaimer: I am partially color blind so I will accept whatever colors the majority agrees upon.
avatar
bri2048
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Posts : 537
Points : 647
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 77
Location : Everywhere and Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Lily Jayne Summers on 2012-06-11, 16:31

tommot wrote:i know this, the colors where changed in what you see now.
Realy, i dont see the need to yet another change.
Don't forget that for every color that changes people will have to get used to that change.
Now that it finally settles you want make it different again
there are enough differences between the present colors to keep them appart from one and another.

I disagree.

I have no colour blindness issues, and I have to look careful to find the difference. All the colours are either light green, yellow or brown. Really really similar colours.

You need some dark colours, that will actually show the difference. i.e. Pink, Red, even Black and Purple.

The colours are boring, uninteresting, and too similar. Needs changing quite quickly.
avatar
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1379
Points : 1426
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by tommot on 2012-06-11, 18:43

I suggest that you read this one
after that post written this post.
tommot wrote:[Congress Member] is in bright green (in my oppinion very different from the other green).
[Citizens] is bright orange and also very diffferent from all other colors.
[ Friends of Congress ] and [ National Ambassadors ] are the 2 colors the most simular to each other and if it could be a problem i would not mind changing one of the two(like plane Black).
[ Honorary Citizen ] and [ Foreign Ambassadors ]are indee also very much alike. Change one of the two in bright purple.
i admid there are a few colors that look to much like each other. so i might have spoken to soon.
I do hope that after the new changes have gone through it would stay like that for a long time.

____________________________________
Spoiler:

15 times Congress member
1° time Country President
Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party (1X) and the All TOgethers party (5X)
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012 & day 2813 - 3 August 2015
Immigration Officer - day 1806 - 30 October 2012 Until day 1849 - 12 December 2012
Minister of Foreign Affairs - day 1874 - 06 January 2013 Until day 1905 - 06 February 2013
Secretary of Media & FUN - day 1994 - 6 May 2013 until day 2055 - 6 July 2013
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until ...
For more, look at my wiki profile: click here

updated on - 31/10/2015
avatar
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 8155
Points : 5831
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 36
Location : Antwerpen, Schelle

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Lily Jayne Summers on 2012-06-12, 16:55

tommot wrote:I suggest that you read this one
after that post written this post.
tommot wrote:[Congress Member] is in bright green (in my oppinion very different from the other green).
[Citizens] is bright orange and also very diffferent from all other colors.
[ Friends of Congress ] and [ National Ambassadors ] are the 2 colors the most simular to each other and if it could be a problem i would not mind changing one of the two(like plane Black).
[ Honorary Citizen ] and [ Foreign Ambassadors ]are indee also very much alike. Change one of the two in bright purple.
i admid there are a few colors that look to much like each other. so i might have spoken to soon.
I do hope that after the new changes have gone through it would stay like that for a long time.

I already did.
avatar
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1379
Points : 1426
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by NLSP on 2012-06-12, 17:10

I mentioned it again in the mod&admin section Smile
avatar
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Posts : 10387
Points : 10153
Join date : 2010-11-17

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Lily Jayne Summers on 2012-06-12, 17:21

NLSP wrote:I mentioned it again in the mod&admin section Smile

o7
avatar
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1379
Points : 1426
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Pieter557 on 2012-06-12, 18:02

Status now: updating!
avatar
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1326
Points : 1566
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 29
Location : Gent

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Pieter557 on 2012-06-12, 18:10

So euhm, updated...

Before:

After:


PS. Those aren't in bold why usernames on the forum are Wink
avatar
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1326
Points : 1566
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 29
Location : Gent

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by M.Leviathin on 2012-06-12, 18:57

For some reason I thought you quit being an admin, Pieter. :p
avatar
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1614
Points : 1843
Join date : 2010-02-08
Age : 24
Location : Far in the desert.

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by tommot on 2012-06-12, 19:04

[Secretaries] and [Congress advisors] are both black in this revission. Sad

____________________________________
Spoiler:

15 times Congress member
1° time Country President
Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party (1X) and the All TOgethers party (5X)
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012 & day 2813 - 3 August 2015
Immigration Officer - day 1806 - 30 October 2012 Until day 1849 - 12 December 2012
Minister of Foreign Affairs - day 1874 - 06 January 2013 Until day 1905 - 06 February 2013
Secretary of Media & FUN - day 1994 - 6 May 2013 until day 2055 - 6 July 2013
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until ...
For more, look at my wiki profile: click here

updated on - 31/10/2015
avatar
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 8155
Points : 5831
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 36
Location : Antwerpen, Schelle

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Pieter557 on 2012-06-12, 19:09

tommot wrote:[Secretaries] and [Congress advisors] are both black in this revission. Sad

Because they don't have any colors :p


M.Leviathin wrote:For some reason I thought you quit being an admin, Pieter. :p
Oh? Why is that?

I still do stuff.... occasionally...
avatar
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1326
Points : 1566
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 29
Location : Gent

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by M.Leviathin on 2012-06-12, 19:19

Your color tricked me. :p
avatar
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1614
Points : 1843
Join date : 2010-02-08
Age : 24
Location : Far in the desert.

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by tommot on 2012-06-12, 19:26

Pieter557 wrote:
tommot wrote:[Secretaries] and [Congress advisors] are both black in this revission. Sad

Because they don't have any colors :p
Ah, oh,... then lets worry about them on a later date.

____________________________________
Spoiler:

15 times Congress member
1° time Country President
Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party (1X) and the All TOgethers party (5X)
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012 & day 2813 - 3 August 2015
Immigration Officer - day 1806 - 30 October 2012 Until day 1849 - 12 December 2012
Minister of Foreign Affairs - day 1874 - 06 January 2013 Until day 1905 - 06 February 2013
Secretary of Media & FUN - day 1994 - 6 May 2013 until day 2055 - 6 July 2013
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until ...
For more, look at my wiki profile: click here

updated on - 31/10/2015
avatar
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Posts : 8155
Points : 5831
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 36
Location : Antwerpen, Schelle

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Mudduck95 on 2012-06-12, 19:30

I do not know if I like them! I liked the bright colors. But whatever!
avatar
Mudduck95
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

Posts : 2532
Points : 2242
Join date : 2010-02-20
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Lily Jayne Summers on 2012-06-15, 22:03

Good to hear.

Thank you to the admins for listening and taking on board comments.
avatar
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Posts : 1379
Points : 1426
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by theophyledepatryarkes on 2012-06-16, 00:06

Thanks! HatOff
I also. Think the new colors are better! cheers
avatar
theophyledepatryarkes
Forum God
Forum God

Posts : 915
Points : 718
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the colors of the masking system

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum