eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GoopyPants for CP

+7
ThomasRED
Jofroi
Boklevski
djony
BrunoCND
Fhaemita Malodorous
goopypants
11 posters

Go down

GoopyPants for CP Empty GoopyPants for CP

Post by goopypants 2012-04-05, 08:37

With such a great list of candidates running and the 2-clicker election results of last month, not entirely expecting to get more than a couple votes.

Anyway, my platform consists of moving eBelgium from neutrality to picking a side.

Being neutral has worked in the past when there were more interesting and better positioned countries around us to pick fights with. But as last month showed, if one of our neighbors decides to come marching our way, being neutral isn't a defense.

We may have been pushed firmly into the pro-One camp by the war with the eNL... will take more than a little bit of political maneuvering to try and get balanced MPPs. But are we truly neutral? No, not really, having had a special relationship with Poland, UK, and several other countries for quite some time. All it took was eNL asking to have us blacklisted from TEDEN MPPs and the illusion of neutrality was gone.

Even if we want to be neutral... if everyone else considers us having picked sides... then we aren't neutral.

I'm therefor proposing that we work towards joining one of the alliances, or at least being formally recognized as associated with an alliance. Whether it is one, teden, or some new or resurrected alliance I'm ambivalent. I'd prefer to strengthen the existing relationships we have, but if the will of the people is in another direction I'm willing to go that route.

eNL fought us at half speed... if they decide to come back can we rely on neutrality? Or if France, Germany, or another nation decides that eBelgium is worth conquering, can we rely on diplomacy to both prevent and win such a war and remain neutral?

So vote for me if you want eBelgium to take a more active place in global politics rather than sitting on the sidelines waiting to get picked on by another bully.
goopypants
goopypants
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

GoopyPants for CP Empty Re: GoopyPants for CP

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-04-05, 08:45

Goopy \o/
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BrunoCND 2012-04-05, 08:53

Do you think if we join an alliance, we will be a priority for them in case of war?
BrunoCND
BrunoCND
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by djony 2012-04-05, 09:04

Good luck Goopy
djony
djony
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-04-05, 09:19

BrunoCND wrote:Do you think if we join an alliance, we will be a priority for them in case of war?

We might not always be a priority, it also depends the other battles if there are other important battles.

Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BrunoCND 2012-04-05, 09:30

Then we can also be wiped being in an alliance.
BrunoCND
BrunoCND
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-04-05, 09:40

BrunoCND wrote:Then we can also be wiped being in an alliance.

Being in a alliance isn't a security against being wiped, almost all country in eworld have been wiped in the at one time or the other in the past. Poland, Serbia, USA and the list goes on. Another example in the past was eUK who was a member of ONE but didn't get a congress for 3 months in a row. Being in an alliance will get us more support when we are attacked.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2012-04-05, 10:30

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:Being in an alliance will get us more support when we are attacked.
Does it? I feel we had more [foreign] people fighting for us in the eNL war than eUK has had the last 3 months... Wink
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by BrunoCND 2012-04-05, 15:15

I agree with Boklevski
BrunoCND
BrunoCND
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-05, 17:04

Only because we were paying them
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-27, 16:38

With the new true patriot medal, continual lowering of bot prices, and the general shambles that is the erepublik economy, it makes less and less sense to remain "neutral" and let the rest of the e-world pass us by.

My campaign goal for the CP election of May remains the same, picking an alliance to either become officially affiliated with, or a full fledged member.

Along with that (or alternatively) would be to try and get into a semi-permanent training war with eNL or fight for whichever alliance against one of our neighbors.

At least short term, over the course of a month, farming TP medals for our citizens seems to be a very good idea. They work on both NE battles and RW wars, so even foolishly attacking a much bigger neighbor gets us more TP medals.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-04-27, 16:41

TP medals is a one shot. Once u've got 4-5 of them, the others will never come.

For instance, I'd have 15 medals if I have only hit in eBelgium since the beggining of eRep.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-04-27, 16:50

goopypants wrote:My campaign goal for the CP election of May remains the same, picking an alliance to either become officially affiliated with, or a full fledged member.

I don't think it would be a bad thing for Belgium finally picking a side even if it is ONE side.
Good luck Goopy
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-27, 16:50

Right, thats why "short term" is in there for the warmongering. After a month, may be a good idea to stop the fighting.

A TW with eNL would be the central part of the government plan for May.

The alliance aspect would be addressed during May, but wouldn't necessarily become finalized even in the medium term. The alliance aspect is something eBelgium needs to address soon, since the current neutrality stance isn't, and is neither a shield from our enemies nor viewed well by our allies. But no need to rush into it, as long as a decision is made by the people of eBel.

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-04-27, 16:55

goopypants wrote:My campaign goal for the CP election of May remains the same, picking an alliance to either become officially affiliated with, or a full fledged member.

Along with that (or alternatively) would be to try and get into a semi-permanent training war with eNL or fight for whichever alliance against one of our neighbors.
Your two main goals are contradictory and excuding themselves from each other... It's either one, or the other. And to be honest, i don't really what eBE could get more than we could get already without being in an alliance. I wouldn't consider joining an alliance before eBE is ready for it, which means having more than 40 active citizens or we won't be able to assume it. If you want to join an alliance, work first on a babyboom. :-/

For the TW, look at my post here : http://www.erepbelgium.com/t6066p50-next-mpp-s#124204
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-04-27, 17:00

goopypants wrote:My campaign goal for the CP election of May
you do realise, that if you are a CP candidate, there is a chance you get elected?
And that eBe needs someone who is like a little bit active and we can miss the disaster that was your first (and hopefully last) term as CP?
wouldn't it be better if you would support better candidates?
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2012-04-27, 21:14

NLSP... let me rephrase Goopy's words:

"I want to join ONE and help ePoland conquer the Dutch provinces that rightfully belong to them."

See? I know you two could agree and work together...
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-04-27, 21:39

Boklevski wrote:NLSP... let me rephrase Goopy's words:

"I want to join ONE and help ePoland conquer the Dutch provinces that rightfully belong to them."

See? I know you two could agree and work together...
only if it is phrased like: "I want to join ONE and help ePoland conquer the Dutch provinces that rightfully belong to them, and shall do that by supporting and advising the CP of eBelgium, a function that I will not seek."
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Viridi 2012-04-28, 00:44

I want to join ONE, or remain neutral.

Otherwise I'll move to the eUK or something.
Viridi
Viridi
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-28, 01:25

ThomasRED wrote:
Your two main goals are contradictory and excuding themselves from each other... It's either one, or the other. And to be honest, i don't really what eBE could get more than we could get already without being in an alliance. I wouldn't consider joining an alliance before eBE is ready for it, which means having more than 40 active citizens or we won't be able to assume it. If you want to join an alliance, work first on a babyboom. :-/

For the TW, look at my post here : http://www.erepbelgium.com/t6066p50-next-mpp-s#124204

So you agree with one and disagree with the other, so they are contradictory?

If we decide to remain neutral, then signing a minimum of MPPs is one option. It is neither the only option nor necessarily the best option, but I do agree it would strengthen our neutrality.

Can I at least get you to agree our current path is untenable: Self proclaimed neutrality viewed as pro-one by the rest of the world, signing multiple one MPPs and being blocked from signing any TEDEN MPPS and calling it neutral?

edit:
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/auggustus-for-president-third-times-the-charm--2021327/1/20

so yeah, Auggy for eNL CP. When he decides to go south again, I doubt it will be as friendly this time.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-04-28, 11:42

goopypants wrote:Can I at least get you to agree our current path is untenable: Self proclaimed neutrality viewed as pro-one by the rest of the world, signing multiple one MPPs and being blocked from signing any TEDEN MPPS and calling it neutral?

When did i said i didn't agree with that ? And let me remind that it was the case only because we were attacked. Our law plan only 4 mpp per month, and yes we can call it neutral. The way EDEN/ONE see us doesn't change a lot the life of the 40 active citizens of eBE. As long as we have some wars, and some help when we need (which we always got since ever while being neutral, even "false neutral" if you prefer), we don't need anything more. Being affiliated is not only to be put in a category, it's a new status to assume and to represent (in alliances, foreign affairs, irc communications, offensives, etc...), and i don't think we have enough active citizens in eBE to be an "active" country in foreign affairs on the long term.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-28, 11:55

So we should all just join you in china?

You're "only four mpps" argument makes little to no sense, and other than proposing some mythic baby boom that has been promised for as long as I have been playing, you have no plan, no guidance, and nothing other than complaints.

"We" do need more than a paper shield of neutrality... "We" aren't in a high bonus country with continual fights.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-04-28, 12:16

goopypants wrote:So we should all just join you in china?

You're "only four mpps" argument makes little to no sense, and other than proposing some mythic baby boom that has been promised for as long as I have been playing, you have no plan, no guidance, and nothing other than complaints.

"We" do need more than a paper shield of neutrality... "We" aren't in a high bonus country with continual fights.
This is not about me, but about us. As NLSP remind you, you have not been very active as CP. Do you know what it means for a CP and it government to be active in an alliance ? It's more work, more presence on irc, more meetings, more activity. That's why i say in the long term eBE is not active enough to be ready to get more involved. The mythic babyboom ? Indeed, but why ? Did you worked on it with help of others people, or you wait the others to do it and to see if it works or to call it a fail ? My plan is clear : make the life of the active citizens for eBE the better one as possible. I have no guidance or no plan ? While i'm chinese, as you remind it, i'm part of the ones (to not say more) who pushed for citizens packs, for boost your strength, for gold loans, for town center, for Q4raws, for pulse, for changing taxes to get more profit for the bot, etc... but it's okay i don't do it to be called "God of eBE" like Critically like to name me, but because i do have a plan for eBE. I don't know why you need to attack me while i only commented your program, and i felt like it was a constructive remark. About the next month, i don't think the best for us is to get unlimited mpp, because with the true patriot medal, what could be the better for our citizens ? To join an alliance or to have daily fights to get their first 7,8 TP medals ? Few mpps, max 4, a neutrality (or false neutrality if you want), and a RW TW with the eNL, that would be very positive... Last part, to show that i don't only do "complaints", what do you think of this : http://checkthis.com/y6hw ? It's not perfect yet, and there still a lot to work on, but if we don't try we will never succeed... I don't fear to fail 3 times if it work the 4th time...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-28, 18:19

The "you have not been very active as CP" refers to the first week after the impeachment, when the plan was for e1tkmd to act as president (since consensus was for him to act as president since he couldn't run because of PP inactivity). He didn't step up, so I did. Once it became clear that he didn't have enough time, I took over and began publishing and IRC.

If eBelgium wants to be neutral, fine, we agree, it should act neutral. But that is just one option to discuss. Just signing 4 MPPs and running a TW would be idea, but if Auggy is elected eNL CP and wants a "war of the beers" round 2 with no rules and no treaty, four MPPs probably will save us some BEF but we won't have a congress.

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Neumann 2012-04-30, 05:38

With all due respect, Goopy is not fit for CP. He really lack the understanding of what it takes to be CP. It seems he is still talking about Auggy invading again showing obvious signals that he is not up to date with current events. Not dealing with activity levels when he was CP; but only his ability to govern, it is something not to be proud of. He lacks understanding in war and governance. He lets his emotion controls him and he acted erratically. When the eBE counter-attack, he made silly demands and used overly moralistic language, making the war far from healthy. From a policy standpoint, the demands was a bit nooby since he really believe he was winning the war.

Overall, Goopy does not life for politics but he lives off it it. He wants the medal and the prestige of having such a medal. He wants to use it as a symbol of legitimacy. He ran for CP but did not want to govern. He states that he did not want to govern anymore but then reran for CP. He failed to secure reelection and now he is trying again. For a person that cannot and does not want to govern, it is strange that he is running for CP so many times. He really wants the medal and nothing more...
Konrad Neumann
Konrad Neumann
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-04-30, 07:29

Konrad complaining? Must be doing something right.

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-04-30, 14:46

goopypants wrote:Konrad complaining? Must be doing something right.

For once, +1 Very Happy
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Neumann 2012-04-30, 15:02

goopypants wrote:Konrad complaining? Must be doing something right.

What a great CP candidate, cannot take any criticisms. If you cannot take legit criticisms and call it complaining, you are surely unfit for power. In the end, you have no interest in being CP but you want the medal and nothing more.

Konrad Neumann
Konrad Neumann
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwards 2012-04-30, 15:06

He didn't say and it wasn't implied that he can't take criticism. He just acknowledged you were complaining.

I agree with PoopyPants
Backwards
Backwards
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Neumann 2012-04-30, 20:18

I think you should let the election talk. It is not likely that Goppy will in the coming elections. He will face an uphill battle which he would almost 100 percent will not make it. The reason is argued by TR, NLSP, and myself. If you call criticism as complaining, then that is your perspective and prerogative.

Konrad Neumann
Konrad Neumann
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-04-30, 20:27

I'm sad to say it, but I partially agree with konrad.
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down