eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?

+2
Nohjis
shadowukcs
6 posters

Go down

MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?  Empty MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 11:39

I don't see any indications that we are speculating here, yet it is a nice way of making an extra buck.

It seems the price of gold is going down steadily.

So Imagine we have 75 gold to play speculate with. The rate is 1G=1300 BEF; 1BEF=0.001G

We convert our 75G into BEF, thus receiving 97 500 BEF.

A few days later, gold decreases further, with the markets leaving us with 1G=1200 BEF. We exchange our BEF for gold again, buying it up this time, effectively ending up with 81,25 G. A nice 6,25G profit on 2 days.

ect... ect...

Oh and once gold hits 1:1000, then the fun really starts, because then you can start selling double (both gold and BEF I mean in stead of buying it up)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?  Empty Re: MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-14, 12:13

Speculating also holds risks.

There are currently 4013 different offers at an exchange rate of 1 BEF is 0.001 Gold. Being the 4014th offer doesn't really guarantee you to have frequent buyers. ^^

For the rest, as a concerned citizen you should perhaps bring this to congress and provide a legal frame for speculating with state properties. Oh wait...
Nohjis
Nohjis
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?  Empty Re: MoF, you got a nice chance of making craploads of money here, are you even doing that?

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 12:23

Nohjis wrote:Speculating also holds risks.

There are currently 4013 different offers at an exchange rate of 1 BEF is 0.001 Gold. Being the 4014th offer doesn't really guarantee you to have frequent buyers. ^^

I'm not talking about selling speculation. I'm talking about buying speculation.

Selling speculation is for in times of stagnation. Prices are volatile now.

Nohjis wrote:
For the rest, as a concerned citizen you should perhaps bring this to congress and provide a legal frame for speculating with state properties. Oh wait...

I know rite. Some bobo, took my access.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-14, 12:38

So,... just cross your fingers to have the Goldprice go under 1000 BEF in the near future ? Razz

Tell you what, keep your fingers crossed because those 4013 offers will not be gone so fast, I've been hoping for that event for over a week now.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 15:01

Again, I'm talking about buying speculation. You're talking about selling speculation.

Buying speculation=buying up CC-offers (so not offering anything, like what you are thinking off) =>waiting for gold price to drop=>selling CC at lowest market price (thus guaranteeing it's sold within seconds)

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Jayne Summers 2012-08-14, 15:44

Basically, it's gambling.
Lily Jayne Summers
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-08-14, 16:56

Yop. And gambling give more profit on average.

The question is to know if we want to take the risk or not (personally I'm risk lover, but only if I've a lot of cash in reserve).
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 19:03

Lily Jayne Summers wrote:Basically, it's gambling.

no, its taking calculated risks based on market analyses.

I'm a magician. I never gamble unless I already controlled the best cards to the top/bottom.

That's in a way what this is too.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Viridi 2012-08-14, 19:13

I think he's right.
Viridi
Viridi
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Jayne Summers 2012-08-14, 19:15

shadowukcs wrote:
Lily Jayne Summers wrote:Basically, it's gambling.

no, its taking calculated risks based on market analyses.

I'm a magician. I never gamble unless I already controlled the best cards to the top/bottom.

That's in a way what this is too.

Whether it's calculated or not, it's still gambling.

Gambling with state funds doesn't seem like the ideal thing to do.
Lily Jayne Summers
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Viridi 2012-08-14, 19:18

Yes, of course it's gambling. :p
Viridi
Viridi
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-14, 19:53

[quote="shadowukcs"]Again, I'm talking about buying speculation. You're talking about selling speculation.
[quote]

Admit you have difficulties understanding that you're gambling on a further pricedrop. By buying BEF now with the Goldstack, to buy Gold later (if) when the price drops belows 1k CC / 1 Gold. The MM has been at 1100-1200 for over a week now.

Perhaps you should talk to the guy who made this API filled graph to see how he feels about the short term future of the goldprice: http://www.lokisrevenge.de/pricegetter/index.html

Buying speculation=buying up CC-offers (so not offering anything, like what you are thinking off)

(not what I'm thinking of, go read)

=>waiting for gold price to drop=>selling CC at lowest market price (thus guaranteeing it's sold within seconds)

shadowukcs pretending CC will go over 0.002 Gold / 1 CC any time soon and that there won't be 4013 offers at 0.002 CC... What you are talking about is still selling speculation and it's not realistic in the current market and it will not be any time soon. We'll talk again if Gold ever goes under 500CC. Razz

I would be buying Gold at the lowest market offers 900-950CC / 1 Gold if it already happens, because that is the moment the serb, the american, the hungarian, the polish and other orgs will start buying Gold and BEF from the markets emptying it in the first hours and driving gold price back over 1k BEF / 1 Gold. :p

Thus, as I said, there is millions of BEF being sold on the market at 0.001, in the event Goldprice drops under 1k BEF / 1 Gold I will buy several hundreds of thousands of BEF on the MM and then buy Gold with it. Failproof buying with a profit.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 20:41

Nohjis wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:Again, I'm talking about buying speculation. You're talking about selling speculation.

Admit you have difficulties understanding that you're gambling on a further pricedrop. By buying BEF now with the Goldstack, to buy Gold later (if) when the price drops belows 1k CC / 1 Gold. The MM has been at 1100-1200 for over a week now.

Perhaps you should talk to the guy who made this API filled graph to see how he feels about the short term future of the goldprice: http://www.lokisrevenge.de/pricegetter/index.html

Graph clearly shows decline in the last month. Day to day or even week to week results may not be representative due to promo offers, Airstrike implantation or rocket boosters (that ofc require gold)

Nohjis wrote:

Buying speculation=buying up CC-offers (so not offering anything, like what you are thinking off)

(not what I'm thinking of, go read)

(obviously it is since you're talking about posting up offers when you shouldn't be posting up offers but just plain buying off the market)

Nohjis wrote:

=>waiting for gold price to drop=>selling CC at lowest market price (thus guaranteeing it's sold within seconds)

shadowukcs pretending CC will go over 0.002 Gold / 1 CC any time soon and that there won't be 4013 offers at 0.002 CC... What you are talking about is still selling speculation and it's not realistic in the current market and it will not be any time soon. We'll talk again if Gold ever goes under 500CC. Razz

To use your own graph against you: http://www.lokisrevenge.de/pricegetter/index.html

Gold value dropped with 50% in one month's time. Before that it had been rising for many months. (the last time we where at the point we're on today must have been years ago) There are no real big changes, that tells me that there is some form of admin intervention stimulating this again.

Also, in order to make a nice profit out of buying-speculation it does not need to drop to 500C. It just needs to drop. no matter to what point it drops, as long as it drops, you're making profit. something your graphs clearly show that it seems to be doing.

Nohjis wrote:
I would be buying Gold at the lowest market offers 900-950CC / 1 Gold if it already happens, because that is the moment the serb, the american, the hungarian, the polish and other orgs will start buying Gold and BEF from the markets emptying it in the first hours and driving gold price back over 1k BEF / 1 Gold. :p

Again, it doesn't matter if that happens. It's at 1200 now. Even if it drops back to 1:1000 we would still be making 20% interest if we buy now and sell at 1:1000

But ok, if you don't think it's necessary, you're the MoF, you're in charge. I'm just bringing it up because Misanthropist seems to think I don't care and don't have any plans. He's correct on the first tho
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 20:47

Also:
>Admin comes up with a Nuke factory in an attempt to limit the amount of guns flooding the market
>Admin comes up with Q7 which costs a ridiculous amount of WRM. So big that it becomes unprofitable for many to provide in their own WRM. Clear intentions from the admin here to stimulate trade again. (and thus stimulating the gold prize)
>Admin comes up with Air strikes, which cost obscene amounts of Food and CC. Another clear indication that they want to make another CC and food (which basically is CC pulled of the market) drain.

=>results: gold value drops with 50% in 1 months time

Seems to me like someone has finally come around to fixing the economy/monetary market -module
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-14, 21:20

shadowukcs wrote:Graph clearly shows decline in the last month. Day to day or even week to week results may not be representative due to promo offers, Airstrike implantation or rocket boosters (that ofc require gold)
The graph showed Goldprice going back up slowly until the most recent Gold offer was introduced. Because after all, There's only 200 Gold available under 1200 CC. ^^

(obviously it is since you're talking about posting up offers when you shouldn't be posting up offers but just plain buying off the market)

Okay then why do you say the following ?
Again, it doesn't matter if that happens. It's at 1200 now. Even if it drops back to 1:1000 we would still be making 20% interest if we buy now and sell at 1:1000

By the way you can't buy BEF at 1:1200, need to SELL Gold and POST AN OFFER to do that champ.

To use your own graph against you: http://www.lokisrevenge.de/pricegetter/index.html

Gold value dropped with 50% in one month's time. Before that it had been rising for many months. (the last time we where at the point we're on today must have been years ago) There are no real big changes, that tells me that there is some form of admin intervention stimulating this again.

No, the big changes is what caused pricedrop to ~1100-1200 CC the point where it stopped dropping 10 days ago:

shadowukcs wrote:Also:
>Admin comes up with a Nuke factory in an attempt to limit the amount of guns flooding the market
>Admin comes up with Q7 which costs a ridiculous amount of WRM. So big that it becomes unprofitable for many to provide in their own WRM. Clear intentions from the admin here to stimulate trade again. (and thus stimulating the gold prize)
>Admin comes up with Air strikes, which cost obscene amounts of Food and CC. Another clear indication that they want to make another CC and food (which basically is CC pulled of the market) drain.

=>results: gold value drops with 50% in 1 months time

Seems to me like someone has finally come around to fixing the economy/monetary market -module

And it's a 66% drop in 2 months time.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2012-08-14, 21:24

Shad, I hope you are right. I would love for once hearing from you "told you so" in a couple of weeks.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-14, 23:22

66%, 50% Tomato, Tamato, Potato, Patato...

Who cares? The point is that Belgium gets caught with it's pants down every single f*** time, for several years now.

Should have learned by now that when sudden drops/elevations happen in this game, it's usually because some "divine power" (read: Romanian code monkey who took a HTML101-course in evening school) is messing around and has a goal set to lower the prices.

Anyway, I could be wrong. You are right on that point, there is a certain "gamble" aspect to it. But just like in poker, it helps when you know your opponents.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-15, 12:26

oh look, it seems like someone put up another offer, luring people to drain guns (read: CC)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-18, 20:01

>gold reaches 1:1000

Nohjis,

you'd have made 20% interest in 4 days if you had listened to me.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-20, 13:49

Nohjis wrote:

goldprice drops to 950 CC and all the 0.001 offers are gone

FEELS KINDA STUPID NOW, DOESN'T IT?

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-20, 14:52

Note that this was only possible because a large scale interference on the Monetary Market over a short period of time was organized. Sadly I wasn't awake to witness the operation this time but this isn't the first time some large country pulls it off, last time it was Serbia driving goldprice down from 2.8k CC to 1.8k CC.

You need to realize a total of more then 400.000.000 CC was bought on the market in a timeframe of a few hours. I doubt this has anything to do with real game mechanics or the real value of CC to Gold. There's actually no chance in life that there was 400.000 Gold traded on the counterpart of the MM since 6AM this morning since that kind of money doesn't transit over the market on normal days.

Having observed the MM behaviour for a couple of hours on end during the past days I can easily organize to make a profit with an org in a manipulated market by posting bogus offers with 20-30 different people. Because that's how the prices are being driven down.

But hey, I'm happy you're right, I can now pay for my full training for a longer period of time without needing to buy Gold. Razz
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-20, 15:31

I just want to say that I saw this coming when the price went from 2000 to 1200
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2012-08-20, 19:37

Numbers of the next EuroMillion please?
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-21, 12:07

There was one thing these f*** monkey's had to hold off on for this to work properly: -44% offers

at least for a few more weeks and everything would have been perfect.

ugh. Romanian economics. Let's hope they keep off the company offers
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down