Forum Admins

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forum Admins

Post by cliffie on 2013-02-28, 01:04

boer jan wrote:
about the admins, the best we had is chased away, he knew every line every law better than anyone else but he was not good enough for some people.
Crying or Very sad

For the rest: bounce bounce every two months the same story. boring.

(the two balls are my testicles bouncing)
cliffie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-02-28, 03:47

cliffie wrote:
boer jan wrote:
about the admins, the best we had is chased away, he knew every line every law better than anyone else but he was not good enough for some people.
Crying or Very sad

For the rest: bounce bounce every two months the same story. boring.

(the two balls are my testicles bouncing)

Agreed he was the best (That is NLSP). AMAZING!
Mudduck95
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ on 2013-02-28, 05:06

I appreciate Mudduck's calling my attention to this topic. For what it's worth, I have had ops for quite a while in eBrussels, mostly because I do not abuse that privilege. Anyone who has been paying attention knows I rarely take any action and have unbanned far more people than I have banned, and it has nothing to do with personal friendship, Also, although my name does appear there pretty nearly 24/7, I am not actually present and paying attention all that time.

With regard to Konrad, yes, he is a close friend of mine, although we do not always agree about the way he plays the political game. However, anything that involves PHOENIX is way way before your time, somewhat even before mine, and I first moved to eBelgium nearly 3 years ago. He is one of the oldest players around and is respected by quite a few people.

btw, while I won't claim to be any great hero, I also have been CP twice (TR actually has been more than twice) and CM 13 times in eBe and served in many cabinets. Kylero was here before I was. I agree we can't rest on our laurels, but do give us some credit for knowing something about how the game in general and the country in particular work.
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-02-28, 05:16

MaryamQ wrote:I appreciate Mudduck's calling my attention to this topic. For what it's worth, I have had ops for quite a while in eBrussels, mostly because I do not abuse that privilege. Anyone who has been paying attention knows I rarely take any action and have unbanned far more people than I have banned, and it has nothing to do with personal friendship, Also, although my name does appear there pretty nearly 24/7, I am not actually present and paying attention all that time.

With regard to Konrad, yes, he is a close friend of mine, although we do not always agree about the way he plays the political game. However, anything that involves PHOENIX is way way before your time, somewhat even before mine, and I first moved to eBelgium nearly 3 years ago. He is one of the oldest players around and is respected by quite a few people.

btw, while I won't claim to be any great hero, I also have been CP twice (TR actually has been more than twice) and CM 13 times in eBe and served in many cabinets. Kylero was here before I was. I agree we can't rest on our laurels, but do give us some credit for knowing something about how the game in general and the country in particular work.

Your welcome MaryamQ!

But as she even said. Things that happen a while ago many people do not know but they still deserve their credit to make this country what it is now.
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 13:34

It's a good thing we're not asking to kick any admin.
We just want to add fresh, non biased admins voted by the majority.

We can even launch a vote to see if the majority want to add new admins and then another vote to chose one or two new admins.

MaryamQ, I respect your work in the past, yet, this shoudnt grant you an exclusive/eternal admin right. While right now, you don't rly care about eBelgium.

I have screen where you and Konrad said eBelgium is a country full of noob and you're better in eGermany. Oh well, I guess it's better to have eGerman admin that hate eBelgium then actual admin elected by eBelgium itself.
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi on 2013-02-28, 13:58

Coprolyth wrote:
It's a good thing we're not asking to kick any admin.
We just want to add fresh, non biased admins voted by the majority.

No single chance it will ever happens, trust me^^

Full details: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 14:01

If you refuse to start a vote, obviously.

Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyantse on 2013-02-28, 15:12

when will congress picking new admins you can propose new candidate, until electrion ....

10x Congress member in eBelgium
1x Congress member in eSouth Africa
1x congress member in eSlovenia
1x congress member in eSwitzerland
President of Belgium July "15
Chairman of Congress August "16 and September "16
Several times Minister of Education
Director of Embassies of Switzerland

Member of Angry Angels, Olympus Belgicae and Easy Company.

eBelgian
eMalaysian
eSouth African
eSpanish
eAmerican
eMexican
eBritish
eSwiss
eSlovenian
eLithuanian
ePolish

M. Kučan wrote:"Today, dreams are allowed; tomorrow is a new day."

J. Stalin wrote:It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Gyantse
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-02-28, 17:33

Coprolyth wrote:If you refuse to start a vote, obviously.

It will never happen, they already tried it once and they failed. The admins will never be elected democratically. I can tell you that. And it's quite shamefull to say that MaryamQ doesn't care about eBelgium after all what she did to help our country after all the money she spent to help eBelgium ....
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 17:59

It will never happen, they already tried it once and they failed. The admins will never be elected democratically. I can tell you that.

So why is this forum still called eBelgium ?

The content of this forum is build by the eBelgian community and they owe us more then we owe them. Admins should be elected by the community.

It's just a fact that they have no legitimate right to own eBelgium, apparently they are scared of a vote ? Why ?

We didnt ask to fire them but even if it was the case, if the Majority of the community feels like there is something wrong, maybe there is.

The problem is simple : they do not want to share the power with the community. And without the community, they have no power.

And it's quite shamefull to say that MaryamQ doesn't care about eBelgium after all what she did to help our country after all the money she spent to help eBelgium ....

Word coming from her mouth. Im not responsable for that.
Everything I wrote here till now, I have screen to prove it... (even if what I wrote is sometime different from what you read)

Poeple publicly insult us (not talking about MaryamQ here) and after that, you manage to blame us when we report such thing ? Crazy world.
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyantse on 2013-02-28, 18:05

If you want to be admin, you have to need experiance, ask current admins they probaly will tell you.

Imagine if we gave admin to someone with no experiances admin job, that can mean only that he can destroy our forum. I didnt saw that admins would ban or deleting posts cause they hate people who posts them. Admins are not payed, they are working for free in their free time. If they arent much active we cant blame then, cause still making good working for Belgian community.

eBelgian
eMalaysian
eSouth African
eSpanish
eAmerican
eMexican
eBritish
eSwiss
eSlovenian
eLithuanian
ePolish

J. Stalin wrote:It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Gyantse
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-02-28, 18:10

Coprolyth wrote:

It will never happen, they already tried it once and they failed. The admins will never be elected democratically. I can tell you that.

So why is this forum still called eBelgium ?

The content of this forum is build by the eBelgian community and they owe us more then we owe them. Admins should be elected by the community.

It's just a fact that they have no legitimate right to own eBelgium, apparently they are scared of a vote ? Why ?

We didnt ask to fire them but even if it was the case, if the Majority of the community feels like there is something wrong, maybe there is.

The problem is simple : they do not want to share the power with the community. And without the community, they have no power.

And it's quite shamefull to say that MaryamQ doesn't care about eBelgium after all what she did to help our country after all the money she spent to help eBelgium ....

Word coming from her mouth. Im not responsable for that.
Everything I wrote here till now, I have screen to prove it... (even if what I wrote is sometime different from what you read)

Poeple publicly insult us (not talking about MaryamQ here) and after that, you manage to blame us when we report such thing ? Crazy world.

1. We can also call it Awsomnessia (all credits to cooke4444)
2. Look at the constitution.
3. They aren't ruling eBelgium, or are you seing Pieter and co as CP of eBelgium?
4. Same as point 2.
5. What power, if people aren't happy with the admins they can leave. I'm pretty sure the admins don't give a f***, it would just give them more freetime because then they have not to work on this forum which they do for free.
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 18:12

MCKitkat wrote:
5. What power, if people aren't happy with the admins they can leave. I'm pretty sure the admins don't give a f***, it would just give them more freetime because then they have not to work on this forum which they do for free.

Im pretty sure the admin don't give a f*** too, this is why Im requesting a vote to add new one that care.
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-02-28, 18:15

Coprolyth wrote:
MCKitkat wrote:

Im pretty sure the admin don't give a f*** too, this is why Im requesting a vote to add new one that care.

Did you read the constitution ?
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 18:18

No ?
I don't think a lot of poeple did since nobody advertise it.
Anyhow, my argument arent less valid because of that.

Oh and by the way, it's funny how you make stupid statement such as "If you're not happy, you can leave !"

Well... That's a constructive way to destroy the community, good job.
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-02-28, 18:20

Coprolyth wrote:No ?
I don't think a lot of poeple did since nobody advertise it.
Anyhow, my argument arent less valid because of that.

Oh and by the way, it's funny how you make stupid statement such as "If you're not happy, you can leave !"

Well... That's a constructive way to destroy the community, good job.

They are, read it and then you can continue your debate. You are missing very important information.

It isn't nice either that you blame people who gave everything for eBelgium that they do silly things.
I'm not going to continue with this PTO things because I don't want to hurt people.
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 18:25

Or you could just quote the part of the constitution that's relevant to the conversation.

And I don't need your approval to continue the debate, thanks ^.^
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-02-28, 18:31

http://www.erepbelgium.com/t6140-constitution-of-ebelgium

The link to the Constitution.

Title IV. The Administration and Global Moderators

Art. IV-1 Administrators
a - Only 4 Administrators will be allowed
b – Administrators will be responsible for maintaining forum etiquette, masking citizens, ambassadors, congress members, etc.
c – Administrators will have full authority and responsibility in the national forums.
d – Administrators can appoint and remove both Administrators and Moderators
e - If there are no Administrators, people with access to the account 'Admin' can appoint a new Administrator.
f - All Administrators will have at least Full OP in the official IRC.

Art. IV-2 Moderators
a - There is no limit on the number of active Moderators.
b - Moderators are to assist Administrators in maintaining forum etiquette.
c - Administrators are responsible for the behavior of Moderators.
d - All Moderators will have at least Half OP in the official IRC.

Art. IV-3 Limitations of the Administrators and Mods
a - Administrators cannot lock voting threads unless time for voting has ended.
b – Administrators and Moderators can be voted out at any time, for any reason, by Congress.
c – Administrators and Moderators are to be held to the same standards of etiquette and basic law that all other members are.
d – Administration/Moderation are required to follow Article III-2e.

Congress can't appoint admins...
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 18:37

Well... nothing new here, this is why we're debating here.
Els the vote would have been launched already.

Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyantse on 2013-02-28, 18:42

Do you want some noob for admin who wont have no experiances and will run for it just cause it would look nice or stopped playing erep and forgete forum or even wont gave s**t to forum and everything will crashed down and wont be any community which you are for.

eBelgian
eMalaysian
eSouth African
eSpanish
eAmerican
eMexican
eBritish
eSwiss
eSlovenian
eLithuanian
ePolish

Gyantse
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-02-28, 18:43

To vote you have to create a topic in the debate are and follow the laws there. This here started as a simple question and thus was moved here I don't see any point why move it again to the debate area. I can if needed split the topic and move the debate part to the debate are.
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieter557 on 2013-02-28, 18:53

Coprolyth,

Feel free to to start up a debate, search for candidates and hold a vote.
Do know that your vote has no 'power'. Your final candidate will still have to be approved by the admins. ( And he will need a good reason / knowledge of forums to get voted an admin by me and ThomasRed. ) And I can't promise you a final approval.
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-02-28, 19:49

Why do you screen shoot other peoples convo. There is some thing wrong about that for sure.

You will not win just give up now.

MaryamQ loves Belgium, Belgium is full of noobs. Like yourself. Many of the old people have left. It is what happens.

Constitution is the constitution. And like Pieter said no power.

And people do not talk about the constitution because we all know it pretty well. It has been around longer than you.

I know I am forget things but I am sure that we will get back to them soon.

Oh ya, we have done this soo many times. (Main reason everyone left.)
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 19:52

Mudduck95 wrote:Why do you screen shoot other peoples convo. There is some thing wrong about that for sure.

Because when I started this game, Kylero, old member of the gouvernement tried to scam me.
I reported it and the poeple asked me screen to prove it.

Let's say I learned from the past.

Well :

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:I just have to laugh about some n00b who's been playing for like a month and thinks he knows everything and can bitch about people who have been serving this country for years.

MCKitkat wrote:
if people aren't happy with the admins they can leave.

Between the attitude of some members and your rules that are fundamentally wrong, no wonder some poeple left.

Im trying to held a courteous debate, and somone from the gouvernement ask me to leave the forum, am I missing something ?
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-02-28, 20:06

Coprolyth wrote:
Mudduck95 wrote:Why do you screen shoot other peoples convo. There is some thing wrong about that for sure.

Because when I started this game, Kylero, old member of the gouvernement tried to scam me.
I reported it and poeple asked me screen to prove it.

I learned from the past.

Well :

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:I just have to laugh about some n00b who's been playing for like a month and thinks he knows everything and can bitch about people who have been serving this country for years.

MCKitkat wrote:
if people aren't happy with the admins they can leave.

Between the attitude of some members and your rules that are fundamentally wrong, no wonder some poeple left.

We talk about something, and somone from the gouvernement ask me to leave the forum, am I missing something ?

I understand what you are saying but like most people you have to feel them out and know 100% what you are talking about before you jump into some and say you opinion about people in that community or ones that have been in the community for a longgg time.

I would love for you to stay and learn from this rather than leave. But we are telling you will not win. It is how things are and how things have been for a long time and they will not change. And everything is fine atleast when people do not try and change this.
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 20:07

It's not about winning or losing, I'll stay but I'll do anything to improve eBelgium.
And I don't believe that closing the dialogue is helping eBelgium.
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically on 2013-02-28, 20:29

As I said, eBe has it's habbits and traditions. One of those is that the eBe forum is totally independent from Congress/Government/Supreme court. It's an institution itself to maintain the forum and to do the upkeep without political influence.

Back then, when the Civil War was at its peek, I wouldn't know what would have happened if Shadowukcs or Ward De Bever was an admin, even when chosen by congress, you could not "impeach" them as the odds were about 50-50.

To be honest, I've been fighting for an "democratic" forum too but I see that it is wasted energy and bad for eBelgium and its community. Sometimes it's better to have a little "Dictatorship" than to be in full Democracy. And I'm pretty sure now it's the case.

Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 20:42

You can't call it a dictatorship either, a dictator need the support from the army or the poeple.

The way you handle the forum/irc is more looking like a religion to be honest.

As for pieter; Ill quote you on that in the futur.
Because like I said, I don't rly care if you stay in charge of eBelgium, but I do want some proper moderation on IRC.

And less delay on the forum as well.

Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically on 2013-02-28, 20:45

Coprolyth wrote:You can't call it a dictatorship either, a dictator need the support from the army or the poeple.

Because like I said, I don't rly care if you stay in charge of eBelgium, but I do want some proper moderation on IRC.

Your will, my hands Wink

If you want to change something, you just have to ask the admins, they'll do their best to make it happen.

Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieter557 on 2013-02-28, 21:01

Coprolyth wrote:You can't call it a dictatorship either, a dictator need the support from the army or the poeple.

Hey,
As far as I known, I haven't signed any SLAs. And i can find back several occurences where I've helped you in less then an hour. Seems good enough for me...
The job still gets done. Maybe not in the 5min after you ask, but it gets done.
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically on 2013-02-28, 21:03

Pieter557 wrote:

Hey,
As far as I known, I haven't signed any SLAs. And i can find back several occurences where I've helped you in less then an hour. Seems good enough for me...
The job still gets done. Maybe not in the 5min after you ask, but it gets done.

It's fun to see people are thankful for what we do :p

Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs on 2013-02-28, 21:07

Coprolyth wrote:

Im trying to held a courteous debate, and somone from the gouvernement ask me to leave the forum, am I missing something ?

^that is exactly why so many HOPE members refuse to visit this forum.
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth on 2013-02-28, 21:11

I do not agree pieter, we both know we had many issue in the past.

Forum delay : 2 weeks to get a CM even after sending a PM to the 3 admins.
You didnt sign a SLA, I understand that. Yet, for the good of both you and eBelgium, why don't you chose a new active and great admin to help you.

Tommot for example, I do not know if he want the job, it's just the guy I had in mind, eBelgium have some rly commited and actives citizen, I don't see any arm in sharing the power with them.

Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy beer eBe on 2013-02-28, 22:13

Can admins give a moderator the ablility to give citizen mask without having the powers of admin ?
Teddy beer eBe
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-02-28, 23:12

Critically wrote:

Your will, my hands Wink

If you want to change something, you just have to ask the admins, they'll do their best to make it happen.

You can always ask. I know I have many times asked them to do some thing for me. And even if doesn't happen when I would it, it gets done.

To me what you are getting at is that you want better Mods not admins. Admins give mask, keep the forum clean and neat, as well as answer complaints. But mods do everything else. Now that I think about it. To me you are talking about both. But off the top of my head I do not know who the Mods are but I think we can change them (as congressmembers).

That might help and possible end this topic.
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous on 2013-02-28, 23:20

Tvvince wrote:Can admins give a moderator the ablility to give citizen mask without having the powers of admin ?

A normal phpbb forum yes, but these free forumotion.net forums you can't actually

Forum Moderator (7th term)

Former
Democratically Elected Dictator (2 Terms)
President of eBelgium (7 Terms)
Vice President of eBelgium (7 terms)
Chairman of Congress (4 Terms)
Supreme Court Justice (3rd term)
eBelgian Congressman (8 terms)
Former Belgian National Army Commander
Party President Democratic Socialist Party (12 Terms)

(Former) Positions
[/i]
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stijn Puttemans on 2013-02-28, 23:36

The admins has to check daily for giving mask, thats the only obligation. I believe its frustrating if you ask for access and you have to wait more than 24h.

For the rest I think they do a good job. If you need something from the admins, you just ask them. I asked Critically a bunch of stuff true PM and he always responded.
Stijn Puttemans
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-02-28, 23:47

Stijn Puttemans wrote:The admins has to check daily for giving mask, thats the only obligation. I believe its frustrating if you ask for access and you have to wait more than 24h.

For the rest I think they do a good job. If you need something from the admins, you just ask them. I asked Critically a bunch of stuff true PM and he always responded.

Thank you! A great case right here.
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieter557 on 2013-03-01, 06:32

Coprolyth wrote:I do not agree pieter, we both know we had many issue in the past.

Forum delay : 2 weeks to get a CM even after sending a PM to the 3 admins.
You didnt sign a SLA, I understand that. Yet, for the good of both you and eBelgium, why don't you chose a new active and great admin to help you.

Tommot for example, I do not know if he want the job, it's just the guy I had in mind, eBelgium have some rly commited and actives citizen, I don't see any arm in sharing the power with them.

There's a signin thread to get your CM mask. Responsibility for those mask lays with CoC now.
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants on 2013-03-01, 07:35

This fight (or something remarkably similar) happens on a regular basis. Used to be much more acrimonious and justified when some of the admins were very active in politics. Like an admin being a mod, a PP, CM, and occasional CP. That kind of thing.

Since moderation duties moved to elected moderators, the admins more clearly defined their duties, and a lot of the more vocal antagonists on both sides moved on, doesn't really seem to be a point in demanding more change.

and anyone who complains about pieter, and to a lesser extent crit, needs to get a life. or a time machine and go back a bit to the way things used to be. freakin' horrible, they were.

edit: tho i will say the forum owners / admins have been slacking on opening up the forum areas like congress voted to happen.
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi on 2013-03-01, 10:46

I think that the main complains of Coprolyth is not the forum itself but the lack of moderation in the #eBrussels channel.

Full details: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stijn Puttemans on 2013-03-01, 11:05

Jofroi wrote:I think that the main complains of Coprolyth is not the forum itself but the lack of moderation in the #eBrussels channel.

I was on the #eBrussels channel last night with him, Boer Jan, Director9 and Kornad. He his really upset with the way Konrad is talking about him and the rest of Babyboom.
Stijn Puttemans
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis on 2013-03-01, 13:55

Stijn Puttemans wrote:
Jofroi wrote:I think that the main complains of Coprolyth is not the forum itself but the lack of moderation in the #eBrussels channel.

I was on the #eBrussels channel last night with him, Boer Jan, Director9 and Kornad. He his really upset with the way Konrad is talking about him and the rest of Babyboom.

I said it to both already, their opinions are different and so be it, the trashtalk and disrespect is the problem. Their hate relationship doesn't go anywhere and it's deteriorating every time, a vicious circle.
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat on 2013-03-01, 16:20

Well I don't have Half Op there :p
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 on 2013-03-01, 19:51

Yannis wrote:
Stijn Puttemans wrote:

I said it to both already, their opinions are different and so be it, the trashtalk and disrespect is the problem. Their hate relationship doesn't go anywhere and it's deteriorating every time, a vicious circle.

That may be true! And if that is it. Then it is a simple fix verses this topic which as gone on and on with the same things said.
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top