eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make It Feel I

+5
Mudduck95
Coprolyth
Jofroi
shadowukcs
Yannis
9 posters

Go down

Make It Feel I Empty Make It Feel I

Post by Yannis 2013-03-05, 16:24

Hello everybody!

I had some interesting talks on IRC where I learnt that people liked my presence in the community but someone reproached me of being volatile and having no stable place in the community. So I decided to show what I always was, an idea-box. You will sometimes see me starting concept and projects, when I have the time. Some of them will fail, but I don't mind because all I want is trying new things.

That impulsive idea just saw the light when I was thinking about boer jan having no MoFUN in his cabinet yet (I was wondering if we need it, because it should be fun for the community by the community). I explained the concept to my best friend and my brother and because they were bored, they chose to lend me a hand. It is called:

Make It Feel!

Make It Feel I 410472_alchemy_laboratory_3
(If you have any complaints about the name, send a ticket to NLSP and tell him he should come back here because I'm bringing chaos geek )

So this is a competition where all of you will become alchemists
and the aim is to create a feeling, an emotion.

Make It Feel I Dream_alchemy_laboratory_by_mynorthshadow

But Yannis, how the hell are we supposed to do that??

How do people share feelings nowadays you silly? No, not by sharing p0rn. Music, exactly!

Narrator with deep voice wrote:You are modern alchemists, searching for the ultimate feeling, the One. We don't know exactly what the One exactly is, some say it is just the Emotion in its purest form and that every other emotion is a derived/diluted form of it. Some say it is the definition of life itself, its origin and its purpose. Some even think it is the divinity. But what everyone agrees on is that the brave and fearless man that finds it gets the ultimate feeling that makes everything golden in his eyes, the feeling that he has done what he was made for in this world, a feeling of infinite joy. Or at least, if discovering its receipt is possible...

Some believe in it, some don't. Those who do created the Guild of Alchemists, brave researchers using the five senses or even searching for a sixth and seventh one, putting enormous efforts and dedicating their life to it, in a feverish run to get a glimpse of the ultimate One. Mikhail Aeternov was one of them, perhaps the most audacious of the whole lot.

He began a long time ago, as a very talentful apprentice. He created his Philosopher Stone after only 27 years and was the one that, with the help of his co-Apprentice Jehas Meroviun, revolutionised alchemistry by introducing the senses as a way to get to the One, showed the alternatives to the overly known and overused sector of potions and dividing the Guild in 7 parts: the Eyes, the Ears, the Skinnies, the Tongues, the Noses, the Masters and the Sixths. His master Nicholaus Flamel, known to be the one that finally discovered the receipt of the Midas Potion, was very proud of him. So proud in fact that he shunned his other pupil Jehas’ education to have more time to spend with Mikhail.

After 40 years instead of the usual 120, Mikhail is granted the title of Master and as soon as he gets his amulet he decides to travel around the world in search of more ways to help in his struggle to unfold the Secret. He was never seen again for the next 669 years.

During this time, the situation changed a lot in the Guild. Jehas, finally getting some attention, achieves to finish his 120 years and becomes a Master, not as talentful as his mate Mikhail but being disciplined and ambitious, he climbs up and finally managed to be the thirteenth of the Honourables, the most experienced alchemists and leaders of the Guild, along with his master. Only a few decennia later, an old manuscript was found telling that there could only be one person in the world possessing the One. This pulls up heavy debates and quarrels amidst the Masters, and it is in this nervous timeframe that Mikhail chose to reappear. He was physically unrecognisable but in a certain way unchanged, always the same fierce peacock bragging around about his achievements. This time he boasted to have discovered the Receipt and directly locked himself in the Guild’s biggest laboratory. Again, nobody saw him for the next 40 years. But after one day of new moon something strange happened.

Toxic smoke varying in colours came out of the hermetic doors and some horrible sounds could be heard from the nearest rooms from the vents, like a sadistic Boerjanic laugh followed by something that sounded like the scream of a giant insect. Jehas gathered the Honourables and asked the role of leader for the next decennium to face the unknown threat, which he got granted. He immediately ordered to take down the doors and take Mikhail out of the laboratory. This took several months and some even perished of diarrheic spasms caused by the smoke.

When the doors finally gave up, they saw Mikhail running at him, full of blisters, with green spots and a skeletal stature, followed by a horde of monstruosities. Many masters died that day, most of them only by the fear caused by the sight of those demons from another world. The remaining masters and apprentices sealed the whole dungeon and put Mikhail to trial. In spite of the exemplary defence of Nicholaus to save his beloved pupil and Mikhail promises of him being at the fingertips of finishing the One, the dead masters (and maybe the remembrance of the old manuscript) made the Honourables choose for Jehas’ side, the exile to the Dark Forest, one of the worst but guaranteed death sentences the Guild knew of for un-aging alchemists. Some say they saw Nicholaus sneaking a backpack under Mikhail’s robe before he left.

The last event to be noted is that 3 years after Mikhail’s exile, a large but silent and harmless ‘explosion’ of light covered the whole planet like a tsunami. The Master charged of investigating curiously located the source somewhere in the depths of the Dark Wood. But even stranger is the fact that the old Nicholaus vanished that same night. Whether he parted before or after the explosion is unknown.

That is a synopsis of the Guild’s history, your new house, Apprentices. You are freshly chosen amongst the best and placed as pupils of the Ear. The expectations are high, because you embody the future of our organisation. The most important question now is: will you survive it?

Or perhaps…

will you be the One?

Make It Feel I ClockworkWatch

Rules

If you want to participate, tell me. The first challenge will be split into two parts.

Participants will have to make their first ‘feeling’ To do so, they will have to communicate in whatever easily accessible way (a simple list, a spotify playlist, a powerpoint, whatever) a playlist with the length of 10-12 standard songs (you will not be judged on that) with as name the name of the feeling you created. Creating a playlist is the only requirement, but you can do whatever additional effort you want and it will advantage you in the contest. (eg a powerpoint showing pictures matching your feeling while playing the playlist).

The first part of the contest is the Master’s Judgement

3 judges that have a large musical knowledge and can make abstraction of their personal preferences in what concerns music. They will also be asked to be impartial towards the participants whether you like them or not outside this game. If you are motivated and you think you meet the requirements, please tell me Smile

Those judges will evaluate your feeling on basis of 3 standards. Each standard goes with an evaluation point going from 1 to 10.

Depth: How elaborated your emotion is. This will be judged on the variety of your tunes (just placing your 12 favourite RnB tunes won’t make it).

Cohesion: The name of your feeling and its cohesion with the actual playlist, the choice of placement will also be evaluated because the judges will listen to your playlist in the order you present them. And obviously, how well the songs connect with one another will also be looked upon. (Making a mix out of it could improve your marks on this one if you have the time and knowledge of how to make such modifications)

Originality: Or just simply how much efforts you put in the making of it. Your mark will be based on the originality of the songs (not only classics) and all the additional efforts you eventually made.

The 3 judges will pronounce a rating for each of this standards and the average will be calculated for every standard and for all the marks together. The one with the highest general average mark will win 3 gold from my own (if you want to sponsor the pricepool, send me a PM or reply)

Make It Feel I Untitled-1

The second part: voting

As simple as that, the feelings will be cast into a vote where every registred user can participate according to their own preferences and tastes. The feeling with the most votes wins (price is also 3g).

Make It Feel I Tomorrowworld-290x160
-------------------------------------------------

Hope it will work out and that everyone will have fun playing. I don’t know yet if it’s a single-go, something I would do again or just a part of a bigger adventure, we’ll see in the future if the community is motivated enough. (And yes this could also have a political purpose, helping our minister of internal relations if you know what I mean Razz )

EDITZONE

So the next step is:

- Appointing judges

- Gather motivated candidates

It will go further if enough candidates apply

Take care,

Yannis

PS: And please excuse me for my poor English
Yannis
Yannis
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Make It Feel I Empty Re: Make It Feel I

Post by shadowukcs 2013-03-05, 17:04

Whatever you do, DO NOT send a PM to NLSP to come back or I will hunt you down IRL and kill you
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2013-03-05, 17:08

*send this topic to NLSP*
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coprolyth 2013-03-05, 17:14

Bravo.

Jazz will win.
Coprolyth
Coprolyth
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 2013-03-06, 04:36

Smart Idea. I like it!

shadowukcs wrote:Whatever you do, DO NOT send a PM to NLSP to come back or I will hunt you down IRL and kill you

Be careful he will most likely do it.
Mudduck95
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2013-03-06, 18:20

We need candidates and judges, if you are brave and take the challenge, say it here. It will begin if/when there are enough candidates and judges
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2013-07-11, 18:55

Yannis wrote:If you have any complaints about the name, send a ticket to NLSP and tell him he should come back here because I'm bringing chaos geek
so you are the reason I kept receiving all these pm's ...
Jofroi wrote:*send this topic to NLSP*
after all the time, I finally have read it ^^
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by ChewChewShoe 2013-09-24, 08:42

Chewie wants in

Chewie also confirmed for massive forum necroer
ChewChewShoe
ChewChewShoe
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgiumGeneral 2015-02-19, 20:16

Yannis wrote:I had some interesting talks on IRC where I learnt that people liked my presence in the community

scratch U sure?

Razz
BelgiumGeneral
BelgiumGeneral
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2015-02-19, 21:22

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgiumGeneral 2015-02-19, 21:48

/me hugs Yannis

Haha Very Happy I'm your 6th biggest fan Yannis!
BelgiumGeneral
BelgiumGeneral
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2015-02-19, 22:15

Only 6th? Step up your game! :O
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgiumGeneral 2015-02-20, 18:03

Well your parents are probably number 1, grandparents number 2, other family members 3, a good friend 4, other RL friends 5 and then me Very Happy
BelgiumGeneral
BelgiumGeneral
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2015-02-20, 18:07

Current standings are

1. My dog (as my cat couldn't care less)
2. My brother (unadmittedly, however)
3. My sister (which is contesting the place of loudest fan with the dog)
4. A friend (a shady one)
5. GW Junior (he even wants naked pictures of me, the perv)
6. You
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgiumGeneral 2015-02-20, 18:09

Junior above me Shocked

blasphemy!
BelgiumGeneral
BelgiumGeneral
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2015-02-20, 18:16

Yeah, how could you let that happen? Question Neutral
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgiumGeneral 2015-02-20, 18:17

Yannis wrote:Yeah, how could you let that happen? Question Neutral

I failed you! I brought dishonor on myself, my family and my cow
BelgiumGeneral
BelgiumGeneral
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2015-02-20, 20:39

You didn't even spare the cow, you monster!
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat 2015-02-21, 12:31

Are we talking about the game or just random BS Razz
MCKitkat
MCKitkat