eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State companies

+6
kabouter_wesley
Velitia
Glenn Wauters
Thore Thoreson
Mudduck95
aVegan
10 posters

Go down

State companies Empty State companies

Post by aVegan 2010-07-18, 02:55

If this is covert in another thread please add a link.

What are our state companies? Please add a link to the org profile.

Who are the general managers? A link to their profile would be nice...

Do they work for their own company? Who decides their salary and what is it?
What is the salary of people working for state owned companies? Shouldn't this be available to all citizens?

Where can we find the profits/loses these companies made?

How does someone become a director? How long does one stay director...
Do we have anyone controlling them? How many players have access to the state companies? Who?
Where can we find detailed (and chronological) reports?

As you can see a lot of questions. I do hope I will get a lot of answers. Again if all of this is covert somewhere else please add a link.
Democracy starts with knowledge!
aVegan
aVegan
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

State companies Empty Re: State companies

Post by Mudduck95 2010-07-18, 03:11

Wow Vegan a lot of question. The state companies are under one org named eBe State Companies. I am the general manager along with Hugo Lilly my assistant. Hugo works for one of the companies but I do not. The salary is minimum wage. Thore and I will soon be talking about what we are going to do if we should run it as a real company or just for new players and ones that will work for minimum wage.

When you say "director" do you mean minister? If so then the President choosing them. Sometimes a Minister will stay one for many months and sometimes not.

I, Thore, Hugo, and HuCard are the only ones that I know of at this moment that have access to the state companies.

Does that help at all?
Mudduck95
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-07-18, 03:18

But of course!
http://economy.erepublik.com/en/accounts/2884651
Directors are the MoHA/SC and the MoE/F. They will remain directors until they are no longer Ministers.

Mudduck95 is the Minister of Home Affairs and State Companies. As such he has access to them and is also their director. Hugo Lilly is his assistant. I also have access so I can also help with the raws and as a means of keeping track of things.

For those that were working at the SC before the migration, their wage has remained the same, converted to the new hourly equivilent.

As the SC are supposed to be "Training Companies" getting our babies ready to join the economy as trained workers, the tradition has been to pay minimum wage. We are looking into this to see if it is still a viable model, or if things need to change.

We have also used the SC as a means of trying to keep as many people employed as possible, so a decision was made to try to prevent a hemmorage of funds by keeping salaries as low as possible during the current crisis. As things stabilize, this will change and the SC will transition back to training companies.

P/L statements are being generated, but will most likely be losses, again because of the screwed up economic models of eRep right now.

Does this answer your questions? If not, please let me know and I will be happy to answer any others you have! Very Happy

Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-07-18, 03:44

Thanks for the quick replies.
Could be I have more questions but it is wonderful to get such useful answer in such a fast way.

Please do not confuse my search for knowledge with criticism.

Always great to get to the point answers!
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 2010-07-18, 03:48

Thank you Thore! That sounds a little better then mine. Very Happy Embarassed

Anytime!
Mudduck95
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-07-18, 03:53

I am more than happy to answer any question to the best of my ability. and if I don't know the answer, I will find out. Like you said, democracy only works when the Citizens are well informed.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-08-22, 13:08

I read that wages are minimum wages, wouldnt it be smarter to raise those wages a little, so people can make more money
To make sure you dont kill your own economy you can sell those products you make in a foreign country wich is good for your economy because you bring in money into your country, wich means, more gold in Belgium is more taxes is more money to invest in your companies, wich means higher wages wich means more profit for other private companies wich leads to higher wages (normally), and if prices of Belgian food market or another market get too high, simply start selling of your own stock untill privates adapt their prices to it and then start seling in foreign countries again

Also you can finance private companies with a loan so they can sell products in foreign countries, also trying to get more gold into Belgium, but all those foreign currencies have to be exchanged, so -> revival of Belgian monetary market

If Im wrong correct me please, but I still think Belgium should do more, and also I saw that the gov org only has three companies, shouldnt there be more?

Also, start up raw material companies in foreign countries under the lead of belgians so the money to buy RM wont go to a foreign country and stay in Belgian hands

These are just some suggestions, do with it what you want Wink
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Velitia 2010-08-22, 18:56

Also you can finance private companies with a loan so they can sell products in foreign countries, also trying to get more gold into Belgium, but all those foreign currencies have to be exchanged, so -> revival of Belgian monetary market

If Im wrong correct me please, but I still think Belgium should do more, and also I saw that the gov org only has three companies, shouldnt there be more?

1. There is no such thing as contracts anymore, expect to be scammed.

2. We have a total of 9 state companies including the military, my donations, and the state gov organization.
Velitia
Velitia
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-10-06, 11:57

The "eBe State Companies" have no activity anymore
Wich are the links to the militairy and the state gov orgs?
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-10-09, 22:38

Ok
I am going to start up some companies again so Belgium has at least some Q1 Helicopters
I will start with restarting the helicopter company, the ticket company isnt needed to start up right now, neither is the housing company
Maybe we could start a rifle or tank or artillery company, we have to know what the most frequent used gun is in the Belgian militairy for that
I dont know how you guys think about this but I think the companies should be used to supply our soldiers with (helicopters)
The other two could be started up to gain money, problem housing industry is kinda dead and moving tickets arent needed in Belgium, neither in Slowakia

What do you guys think, or should it just be fully funded by the governement?
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by kabouter_wesley 2010-10-10, 11:58

imo the governement doesn't need to open your company. If you see a business opportunity then make the investment for your own good. Only when there is a harsh need for a company than maybe the governement should intervein. But... then the profits are for that same governement...not for the one directing the company
kabouter_wesley
kabouter_wesley
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kabouter_wesley 2010-10-10, 17:50

Actually we rather could search an already existing company, let the governement pay his exportlicense in return for a fixed amount of grain at a fixed price..
kabouter_wesley
kabouter_wesley
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-10-10, 21:55

the problem is that belgium pays the gold at the start, but has no way of enforcing the owner to keep supplying grain at that price Sad
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2010-10-10, 21:58

+1 Sammy Tanghe.

Speaking as Minister of Finances: The government cannot start financing such private deals, unless Congress sets up guidelines that are set for everybody (but that could cost a lot of gold).

What the government can do is emphasize the stable tax structure and Congress control over it, especially with the current debate going on about lowering the import tax on grain to 1%. Buying an export license to eBelgium sounds like a very solid investment to me - personally.
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by draganw 2010-11-04, 20:27

Can you refresh...?
What are our state companies? Please add a link to the orgs profiles.
draganw
draganw
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-12-22, 17:55

A call to ask the governement to start the moving ticket company up again
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2010-12-22, 18:37

Glenn Wauters wrote:A call to ask the governement to start the moving ticket company up again

http://economy.erepublik.com/en/market/32/2/0/0/0/0/citizen/0/price_asc/1
Offers put on the market.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down