eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To buy something from another country

+2
Habraka Abrivianius
Biblost
6 posters

Go down

To buy something from another country Empty To buy something from another country

Post by Biblost 2010-09-04, 10:02

Hello everyone,

I have seen quite some interesting offers in foreign markets. So interesting even, that I would like to buy them.

Now what exactly do I have to do to be able to do so, asside from having the foreign currency? Do I need to move to any random region of the country or to the capital? Do I need their citizenship? And will I be able to vote in Belgian elections when I'm in a foreign country?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Biblost

Biblost
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3777861

Back to top Go down

To buy something from another country Empty Re: To buy something from another country

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-04, 10:33

You can move to a random region if you want to buy stuff in another country, what region does not matter. You do not need their citizenship, and if you keep your Belgian citizenship, you can still vote in Belgian elections, even if you are currently in another country.

Also, keep in mind that you always need to think in Gold when comparing market orders. 100 BEF does not equal 100 HUF or 100 USD, cause of the peg. Always calculate the price in Gold of a product you are comparing, because something might seem cheaper, it not always is.
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

To buy something from another country Empty Re: To buy something from another country

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-09-04, 11:44

You can also stay in Belgium, get an organization and move your organization around and buy those things via your organization (10 gold for one, but gives you 20 extra storage slots aswel...)
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernest Bogdansson 2010-09-04, 11:52

Citizen Robespierre wrote:You can also stay in Belgium, get an organization and move your organization around and buy those things via your organization (10 gold for one, but gives you 20 extra storage slots aswel...)
Organization cost 5 gold, not 10.

This can be useful: http://erepublik-market.cz.cc/
Ernest Bogdansson
Ernest Bogdansson
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-09-04, 16:41

Biblost wrote:And will I be able to vote in Belgian elections when I'm in a foreign country?

Yes, when you are in a foreign country and have Belgium citizenship you can still vote
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Biblost 2010-09-04, 19:24

Well, since the price for moving tickets is the same for organisations, I don't think I'll start an organisation untill I want to start a company.

Biblost
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2010-09-04, 22:16

Orginizations are very usefull. Not only are they cheaper to move (because you don't have to worry about wellness/happiness) but they give you extra storage space and you can move them while keeping your citizen in the country (which will be useful if you ever run for congress).

Also, if you get a house, but decide you don't need the wellness/happiness for a few days, you can put it in an org and the durability won't decreace.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biblost 2010-09-05, 21:44

Medrolke wrote:Also, if you get a house, but decide you don't need the wellness/happiness for a few days, you can put it in an org and the durability won't decreace.

Thank you for the tip, I didn't know.

Biblost
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down