eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prejudice

+3
shadowukcs
MaryamQ
mittekemuis
7 posters

Go down

Prejudice  Empty Prejudice

Post by mittekemuis 2011-04-08, 20:12

Once again I see in the approval of citizens a discrimination between people who apply...
I don't understand why people who come from eastern European countries get automatically a label "dangerous" while some one from USA is considered friendly.

Can someone give a valid reason for that?
mittekemuis
mittekemuis
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Prejudice  Empty Re: Prejudice

Post by MaryamQ 2011-04-08, 20:29

I don't know the particular people involved, so can't comment on this particular case. However, eBelgium has had previous PTO attempts from Eastern Europe, and since many of us started in the US, a lot of us have contacts there. That would be an unjust reason for making it a rule to accept or deny on the basis of where people are coming from, but it might explain why certain individuals are accepted or denied. Also, and this is unjust, but RL Americans can be expected to have a better command of English, which is our language of choice here on the forum, and people tend to be more distrustful of others they have difficulty understanding.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-04-08, 20:39

100% agree. This is what I wrote earlier in priv congress

Ppl need to stop labelling everything that's remotely eastern european as a PTO'er. Take draganW for example. How many times haven't I heard "oh he's a PTO'er" or "ooh he's a multiaccounter",... But at the end of the day, when we needed he was there for eBE by tanking lots of G against eUK and trying to convince the politicians in eSerbia to fight with us.

I'm not saying there aren't any bad guys out there, but many eastern europeans (like dragan) are great guys if you have a small chat with them. They don't come here to PTO and they genuinely help. The same applies to many other serbians and croatians.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-04-08, 20:41

Prejudice?
Both the American and East-European where rejected. Both got the same message that they where rejected and that if they wanted to be accepted they should get to know us and come on irc and on the forum and introduce themself. I did not gave him the label dangerous. You can call it Prejudice but east Europeans are more often the source of PTO's . Both Western and eastern European will not be accepted if they do not register on the forum and we do not know them.

If people dislike my policy they should do it themself ro find somebody else to do it. Getting tired of constantly getting crap, I am trying to keep this country safe.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-04-08, 20:43

shadowukcs wrote:
I'm not saying there aren't any bad guys out there, but many eastern europeans (like dragan) are great guys if you have a small chat with them. They don't come here to PTO and they genuinely help. The same applies to many other serbians and croatians.

For both europeans/americans and eastern europeans the same goes:
If we don't know them they will be rejected, they might be a great person but we have to get to know them and they have to let us see how great they are. This goes for everybody!
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-04-08, 20:47

Indeed that seems fair, Fhaemita, although I must say, under those circumstances I would never have been admitted. Wink
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-04-08, 20:53

You can see if they are active in Belgium, later you can accept the same number of requests in one or other side.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-04-08, 20:57

MaryamQ wrote:Indeed that seems fair, Fhaemita, although I must say, under those circumstances I would never have been admitted. Wink

That was the biggest mistake ever admitting you Razz

Anyway, only difference between the two was that if the person was a threat with the east european I said "Possibly?" and with the American "no" besides that there was no difference. Are we seriously going to make such a big fuss about this.

And the last time with eastern-Europeans I declined 3 Russians and on of there friends who is a citizen here since a short time made a problem about it. I did not think it would be wise to accept 3 Russians at the same time. That was a judgment call, but I am not able to do my job if all my decisions get questioned every time.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mittekemuis 2011-04-08, 23:38

fhaemita this is no accusation to you! I'm glad you are doing the job and I'm convinced you do it well. I just want to express a general feeling I get when I see the responses people give...
and I just want to know why that is. Maybe I'm naive..I don't know.
mittekemuis
mittekemuis
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-04-08, 23:49

everyone is entitled to there opinion mittekemuis you are not naive we will just have to make sure that everyone is treated fairly no matter where there point of origion is from now on (and i am not saying that this hasnt been going on allready)
jamster737
jamster737
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-04-08, 23:52

A lot of the community has faced PTO threats ever since eBelgium got its independence. After what seems like a new threat every month and the reputation the Balkans have when it comes to PTOing, we've become cynical when it comes to new immigrants coming over here. I wouldn't go so far as to say it comes out of hate, but instead from skepticism of their motives.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum