eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic

3 posters

Go down

"Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic Empty "Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-03-05, 03:52

In this topic new citizens can find quite basic and useful advise to help them find their way in eRepublik in an easier and more efficient way during their first crucial days in the game. These are just some standard situation messages I have been PM'ing to new players for the last couple of weeks in my function as commissioner for Health & Social Services for Res Belgica, but they should be seen as drafts, so any feedback from more experienced players would be welcome to make these messages clearer and more complete, corrected if needed, and maybe even translated to Dutch and French, in order to potentially be copy-pasted for MoHA purposes or by mentors for new players. I don't know how far the eBelgian University project stands after Manongs departure, but this could be concidered as the eBelgian pre-school Wink
(This idea was suggested by Gibberish45 after a short but very constructive change of thoughts on our social programs)

Message sent to level 1-2 players wrote:
If you upload your first avatar, you'll receive some extra experience points. Also, training daily will give you 2 experience points a day, so you can reach new levels faster. To see which new possibilities you will have after reaching a new level, please take a look at "Career path" in the "Info" tab on your profile page.

Message sent to low level players with Wellness below 40 wrote:
The best way to heighten your Wellness is to buy high quality food. Gifts will also help your Wellness go up (Q1 gift = 1 Wellness point, Q2 gift = 2 Wellness points,..., with a maximum of 10 Wellness points received from gifts per day - you can't use gifts for yourself; only gifts received from others will help your Wellness), which has the benefit of an instant Wellness boost but for a higher price.

Message sent to level 4< players wrote:
After reaching level 5 you are able to fight, receiving 2 experience points per fight, which will alow you to progress faster in the game. Your Wellness should be over 40 to be able to join the fighting, and you will lose 10 Wellness points per fight. The Hospital, located in Brussels, alows you to heal (get 50 Wellness points) for free, once a day and only after you have fought at least once that day. To use the Hospital you should move to Brussels - if you have problems buying a moving ticket to Brussels, you can request one for free.
eBelgium is involved in a training war at the moment (fighting without any permanent political result, only to let the citizens gain extra experience), and the next battle will start on day x at 12:30 eRepublik time.

All messages ending in a similar manner to this:
Don't hesitate to send us a message in case of any difficulties you might have in eRepublik.
Best regards and good luck,
x
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

"Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic Empty Re: "Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic

Post by Gibberish45 2010-03-07, 04:30

Very good info here. Does anyone have a link to a good article explaing wellness in depth? We could link it in the message as well.

Also I always direct the new players to the belgian forums, in fact I made it a requirement to receive Q3 food form me (learned from Manong)

2 new forum registrants today as a result!
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

"Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic Empty Re: "Your First Week in eBelgium" Advise Topic

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-11, 20:33

is there any guide for what to do after level 5?

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-05-11, 21:40

After level 5 you hit level 6 and get Gold as a reward. You continue to work, train and fight every day, participate in the elections when it's that time again, possibly join a party if you feel like it, follow the national media and get informed about history of eBelgium and the more advanced mechanics of the game, and start making your own decissions Wink
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-11, 22:02

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:After level 5 you hit level 6 and get Gold as a reward. You continue to work, train and fight every day, participate in the elections when it's that time again, possibly join a party if you feel like it, follow the national media and get informed about history of eBelgium and the more advanced mechanics of the game, and start making your own decissions Wink

once i reach level 6 is there a place where i can get informed about what all political party's stand for and what there plans are without actually joining a party so i can make my decission carefully?

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-05-11, 22:34

Try to read the articles of the most prominent members of the parties (including the comments below, which are very informative as well), check out the wiki (I know Bfb and RB have wiki pages), look at the activity of Congressmembers of different parties here on the national forum.
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-12, 01:49

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:Try to read the articles of the most prominent members of the parties (including the comments below, which are very informative as well), check out the wiki (I know Bfb and RB have wiki pages), look at the activity of Congressmembers of different parties here on the national forum.

alright i'll do that thanks for the intel

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-05-12, 02:30

Glad to help Wink
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down