eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITT we talk about BAF

+12
Fhaemita Malodorous
Olv007
ThomasRED
Monsieur Guillotine
shadowukcs
Ward De Bever
RayCaptain
MaryamQ
Kylero
M.Leviathin
goopypants
NLSP
16 posters

Go down

ITT we talk about BAF Empty BAF talk

Post by NLSP 2011-10-29, 16:39

*NLSP Sighs*
"Until the BAF stops being run as private army paid for by all and accountable to no one"
BAF is accountable for their actions. It has always (even when the questions where no questions, but just another silly and non-founded attack on the BAF) answered every question asked (Even if the questions where asked by non-congressmembers)
The way that the BAF operates can be found in the multiple posts that TR and I made about it. The MoD has full access to how the BAF spends it's money.
It is not that cricitism on the BAF is not allowed, but this is just that these not backed-up statements has nothing to add (and are not correct).
How does it come that the BAF is being run as a private army? What actions of the BAF makes it like this?
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

ITT we talk about BAF Empty ITT we talk about BAF

Post by goopypants 2011-10-30, 01:56

NLSP wrote:*NLSP Sighs*
"Until the BAF stops being run as private army paid for by all and accountable to no one"
BAF is accountable for their actions. It has always (even when the questions where no questions, but just another silly and non-founded attack on the BAF) answered every question asked (Even if the questions where asked by non-congressmembers)
The way that the BAF operates can be found in the multiple posts that TR and I made about it. The MoD has full access to how the BAF spends it's money.
It is not that cricitism on the BAF is not allowed, but this is just that these not backed-up statements has nothing to add (and are not correct).
How does it come that the BAF is being run as a private army? What actions of the BAF makes it like this?

The fact that you view the BAF as your and TR's private army is 90% of the problem. Imagine if the head of the BAF was appointed by congress, the CP, rotated between several people, or was someone other than the two of you. Can you?

Who picks where the BAF fights? Congress? The CP? The MoD? Oh wait, its you and TR, mostly hanging out with Venezuela for some reason.

85% of state income goes to the BAF and yet only the MoD has any oversight. No reports have been made to congress in months, but I guess thats ok. Also, the fact that you guys just give BEF rather than actually distributing supplies cements the fact that it is just a wealth redistribution system, paid for the majority for the benefit of a few.

Bottom line, the BAF is run as an independent organization and is firmly controlled by you and TR.

While the BAF most likely isn't doing anything wrong, the perception (rightly or wrongly) is that it run not for the befit of eBelgium, but as a private club that happens to be funded by the state. No oversight, no control, no questions can be asked, just give give give and "trust us".

But, NLSP, the fact that you don't perceive any of the above as a problem, see any need to change how things are run, propose any changes, or (most importantly) would accept any changes just shows that the opposition sometimes has valid points, or at least a valid viewpoint.

Last edited by NLSP on 2011-10-30, 17:18; edited 2 times in total
goopypants
goopypants
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

ITT we talk about BAF Empty Re: ITT we talk about BAF

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-10-30, 02:07

Goopy is just laying the smack down today.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2011-10-30, 02:17

Cotarius wrote:Why are "both sides" doing the same even when somebody is angry you still can be nice and say it with dignity. Most of the time it will be even more powerfull.
^This

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY! Come on!
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-10-30, 02:35

^^
Words of wisdom. Play nice, kiddies.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-10-30, 02:55

ITT we talk about BAF ELE_TEXT
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-10-30, 03:02

Not 85% of the state income goes to the BAF - the BAF budget is (85% of the income minus the mpp's minus the BTA budget), so it's rather a bit more than 50% instead. For me, TR did a great job with the recent articles explaining the operation of the BAF and stressing that it is open for every citizen able and willing to fulfill simple requirements. As for the BEF-for-food, it's a rational way to simplify administration and logistics for all concerned. As a soldier, I suffer an absolutely minimal bureaucratic overhead. As for following diplomacy, there cannot be complaints I think about the BAF not following the government's diplomatic line. If the CP orders to fight somewhere, I don't remember once a failure to comply. But indeed it has a certain degree of autonomy in internal functioning; this is needed for a stable and disciplined fighting force - which it is.
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-10-30, 03:20

goopypants wrote:The fact that you view the BAF as your and TR's private army is 90% of the problem. Imagine if the head of the BAF was appointed by congress, the CP, rotated between several people, or was someone other than the two of you. Can you?

Who picks where the BAF fights? Congress? The CP? The MoD? Oh wait, its you and TR, mostly hanging out with Venezuela for some reason.

85% of state income goes to the BAF and yet only the MoD has any oversight. No reports have been made to congress in months, but I guess thats ok. Also, the fact that you guys just give BEF rather than actually distributing supplies cements the fact that it is just a wealth redistribution system, paid for the majority for the benefit of a few.

Bottom line, the BAF is run as an independent organization and is firmly controlled by you and TR.

While the BAF most likely isn't doing anything wrong, the perception (rightly or wrongly) is that it run not for the befit of eBelgium, but as a private club that happens to be funded by the state. No oversight, no control, no questions can be asked, just give give give and "trust us".

But, NLSP, the fact that you don't perceive any of the above as a problem, see any need to change how things are run, propose any changes, or (most importantly) would accept any changes just shows that the opposition sometimes has valid points, or at least a valid viewpoint.

f***, you are so f*** correct that it's giving me a b****.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsieur Guillotine 2011-10-30, 04:28

ahahhaah goopy is awesome Smile
Monsieur Guillotine
Monsieur Guillotine
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 04:49

The BAF is run by Generals.
NLSP is not a General, i'm not a General neither.
In fact, there is no Generals for now.
Why ? Because no one want to get involved in the long term...
All the last Generals quitted their function...
And who is left to do the work ?
NLSP and me, yes it's true.
And believe me, we are looking for months for people to take the lead on a long term basis to ensure the perenity of the BAF.
But running the BAF is not an easy job, and it require time and activity.
Does it make the BAF "our" military ?
I don't think so...
Also, according to the last BAF survey, 100% of the BAF soldiers are satisfied of the BAF and 96% of them agree to the selection of missions.
At each time we go on missions, we also have a chat with the Minister of Defence, as he is a full member of the BAF High Command.
So at the end, what is your point ? The BAF sucks ? NLSP and me are the reason the BAF sucks and should resign today ?
You're not helping eBelgium guys, and i'm not even sure you're helping yourselves with these kinds of posts...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2011-10-30, 06:12

ThomasRED wrote:
Also, according to the last BAF survey, 100% of the BAF soldiers are satisfied of the BAF and 96% of them agree to the selection of missions.

Sure, because who is going to turn down free stuff... and if they weren't happy then they left to join a different MU and didn't participate in your survey. But what about everyone who isn't in the BAF?

Anyway, my point was not to debate the merits of the BAF, or to force you and NLSP to defend your MU, or to demand that funding be cut, but to show that the opposition, including MG, perceive the BAF in a negative light, rightly or wrongly.

Telling everyone that no one is actually in charge of the BAF doesn't help things, btw. Hold a vote for the HC, start a referendum, or appoint someone other than you and NLSP to run things if it is something you don't want to do.

But I doubt you or NLSP would actually accept any proposal to change the BAF in a meaningful way that would change the oppositions viewpoint, because you are more than happy maintaining control.

Just like the forums.

Which is part of the reason MG left.

Yes, the opposition expresses their anger by throwing feces and drunken shouting, but sometimes they have a point. Ignoring them until they leave won't work, as Konrad's cross border polemics have shown.

Lets play "just pretend" for a bit. Imagine, if you will, that next month a member of the opposition is voted as CP, and a coalition of opposition parties control 70% or so of congress.

Would the BAF change? No. Could the BAF be changed? Again, no.
Would the operation of the forums change? No. Could the operation of the forums be changed? Again, no.

And you wonder why they (the opposition) are angry? Maybe because those that they perceive as "elites" hold non-democratic power and are completely unaccountable for their actions and are unwilling to compromise.

You want real unity? You want a plan that would end 95% of the animosity?

1. Appoint a member of the opposition as a Forum Owner.

2. Form a high command of 3 or so people for the BAF that includes at least one member of the opposition.

As long as the status quo of "we have complete control of the forums and the BAF" is maintained, there will be a perception by the opposition that the "elites" run things solely for their own benefit.

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-10-30, 08:52

^

I'd like to add: add a non-BAF opposition member in the HQ so he can have a neutral and different look.

And try fighting somewhere else in stead of always using BAF to fight for *your* friends. Coz goopy is right, right now, BAF does look like it's Venezuela's Legion Étrangère (except that the LA kicks ass and BAF doesn't)

As for the poll you did, it's a joke really. Ofcourse everyone says that they're in a good MU. 90% of BAF has never seen an alternative. Of those who have, only a very small portion (only you and Jofroi come to think of it) have ever been in a decent MU. The ones that have seen the alternative (Crit, Requiem Domine, Fhae, Me, ...) are all in different MU's.

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-10-30, 10:03

shadowukcs wrote:The ones that have seen the alternative (Crit, Requiem Domine, Fhae, Me, ...) are all in different MU's.

Still trying to find the stupidest excuses again Shad?

Having a look at the latest recruits I see a lot of people joining BAF after being in another MU (or even in BAF) before.

So what did you say again?

Btw, I didn't know that joining a MU should be a competition. Even If I would receive better supplies elsewhere, I still would stay at BAF because it's the MU where I feel the most at e-home. And thats MY choice.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-10-30, 10:07

As for the "add a opposition-member in HQ"-question, I don't see any problem in it. Everybody is welcome in BAF if they meet the minimum requirements. And from time to time people can propose themselves to have a higher position in BAF. It's not BAF's fault if there was never anyone from the "opposition" that proposed himself...
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-10-30, 10:08

Olv007 wrote:Having a look at the latest recruits I see a lot of people joining BAF after being in another MU (or even in BAF) before.

All those new recruits where because TR send a mass message to member of BCA.
BCA isn't really a military unit it's a civilian unit so they can get the daily bonus.
Big difference
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-10-30, 10:28

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:
Olv007 wrote:Having a look at the latest recruits I see a lot of people joining BAF after being in another MU (or even in BAF) before.

BCA isn't really a military unit it's a civilian unit so they can get the daily bonus.
Big difference

You have national and private armies. Does that mean private armies cannot set up daily orders?
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-10-30, 11:04

Big difference

^

Also, most opposition members are smart enough to stay away from BAF, that's why I'd rather see a Non-BAF member in HQ. If only because he wouldn't be dependant on TR for supplies.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-10-30, 11:13

shadowukcs wrote:Also, most opposition members are smart enough to stay away from BAF

Who hare the "opposition members" for you Shad?

Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-10-30, 12:10

goopypants wrote:
The fact that you view the BAF as your and TR's private army is 90% of the problem. Imagine if the head of the BAF was appointed by congress, the CP, rotated between several people, or was someone other than the two of you. Can you?
Well, I do not see it as mine or TR's private army. I can see the head of the BAF be someone else then TR or me without any problem. In fact, that has been the case already multiple times in the past. However I can not understand why it would be supposed to be a political function or it should be rotated, since that will end up in a less efficient structure.
goopypants wrote:
BAF soldiers fight in the daily MU orders to get their bazooka and energybar, besides that there are orders for there resting fights. This is for the moment indeed in Venezuela, cause they need some damages and our nations are rather friendly (or at least our military is) When that decision was taken, MoD and CP where involved and the BAF orders had already multiple times orders for battles requested by a MoD or CP. While choosing orders there are multiple factors that take place: friendly relations, time of the fights, amount of the fights, ...
We had periods where the orders where: fight where you want, but there where multiple comments on that by soldiers.
goopypants wrote:
Like expressed already multiple times, the MoD is the person responsible for controlling us, and therefore it has been his job to give reports to congress. As BAF HC member, I have always answered any questions about the BAF. Recently you inquired some information and that was directly answered.
Yes, we work now with a BEF4FOOD program, where it has been chosen to let the soldiers buy their own food instead of someone more central buying that food and distributing. That was done so, cause it turned out to be after some analysis to be the best solution. It decreases the work needed to be done by the supply department. It doesn't create the necessary storage problems (the cheapest food/wealth is not always the Q5, so if you have a lot of Q2 and Q1 needed for 1 week of supplies for the military, that is some storage...), by letting every soldier buy his own food, there will be a lot of small buys vs. one big buy. This influences less the market. Possible corruption or favouritism with buying foods will be eliminated.
I would want to note that the BAF also distribute "real supplies"
goopypants wrote:
If you mean that the BAF is run independent from the political quarrels: yes that is true
If you mean that the BAF can do anything what it wants, no that isn't true.
TR and I are indeed the 2 persons who keep the BAF running. That doesn't mean that we want to keep this situation like this. We are regularly asking soldiers to become more active, however there are not a lot that want to take a long term responsibility.

An idea was risen to appoint an 'non-BAF member' to the HC to be neutral, well we have the MoD who is in the HC and is a non-BAF member. I am sure that Fhaemita has a fair and neutral view on the BAF.

goopypants wrote:
This is not true. I do not mind questions, in fact I am pleased if someone shows some interest in the BAF. I however don't like the BAF-bashing that is disguised as a question. If you have more questions, feel free to ask about it!!!
goopypants wrote:
Au contraire, when some "anti-BAF" people gives a good idea, has a valid point, that this point will be executed. To be more concrete, it has happened before that shadowukcs criticised the BAF and the we noticed that one of the things he said would be a better change, and we did change it then.
I know that there are things that need to be changed in the BAF, but with the resources that the BAF has (and with that I also mean motivated people willing to take responsibility on the long term and spend a lot of time on the BAF) we are limited.
If there is ANY BAF-member willing to take up more responsibility, then he IS welcome! (if that is the case, please contact me and TR ASAP)
I do however believe that how the BAF is runned now, is the best way that is for now possible. But if you don't think like this: please convince me!
goopypants wrote:Anyway, my point was not to debate the merits of the BAF, or to force you and NLSP to defend your MU, or to demand that funding be cut, but to show that the opposition, including MG, perceive the BAF in a negative light, rightly or wrongly.
I do however agree with that. The BAF is perceived in a negative light by an rather large group in our community. This is one of the reasons that I keep answering to these topics, cause only by providing answers, this could possibly change.
goopypants wrote:Form a high command of 3 or so people for the BAF that includes at least one member of the opposition.

As long as the status quo of "we have complete control of the forums and the BAF" is maintained, there will be a perception by the opposition that the "elites" run things solely for their own benefit.
shadowukcs wrote:Also, most opposition members are smart enough to stay away from BAF, that's why I'd rather see a Non-BAF member in HQ. If only because he wouldn't be dependant on TR for supplies.
However the BAF is just trying to do anything to prevent that these politics enter the BAF. For the moment there is a BAF HC member that is part of 'the opposition' (strange name for people who are in the gov and in control right now) and he is also NOT a member of BAF...
Once again I nor TR have 'complete control of the BAF'. Every BAF-member has gotten the chance already to take up leadership. Unfortunately (and that is there own choice, you can't blame them for it), there are not a lot who feel to do so.

TR send a message to the eBelgian citizens who are not a member of the BAF that fullfilled the requirements to be in the BAF and scored high on the strength or damages/week lists. It was not that all BCA members received this pm, nor was it that only BCA members received that pm.
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-10-30, 12:16

[quote="NLSP"]
Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:TR send a message to the eBelgian citizens who are not a member of the BAF that fullfilled the requirements to be in the BAF and scored high on the strength or damages/week lists. It was not that all BCA members received this pm, nor was it that only BCA members received that pm.

Well at least 95% of the people I am 100% sure of where in BCA and for the rest I am not sure but they probably where all except you NLSP

ThomasRed to Thore Thoreson and Backwards, Kylero, Goran73, Prophexy, Fhaemita Malodorous, MaryamQ, NLSP, Helviro, vdsy, Wolfenn, EFJ.Wolf, TurboPunk, Dendraad, Bert_en_Ernie, xSile, Xgentis Lempereur, wolf-stone, Onomast, myurek, Armchair General, Cotarius | yesterday
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-10-30, 12:23

[quote="Fhaemita Malodorous"]
NLSP wrote:
Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:TR send a message to the eBelgian citizens who are not a member of the BAF that fullfilled the requirements to be in the BAF and scored high on the strength or damages/week lists. It was not that all BCA members received this pm, nor was it that only BCA members received that pm.

Well at least 95% of the people I am 100% sure of where in BCA and for the rest I am not sure but they probably where all except you NLSP

ThomasRed to Thore Thoreson and Backwards, Kylero, Goran73, Prophexy, Fhaemita Malodorous, MaryamQ, NLSP, Helviro, vdsy, Wolfenn, EFJ.Wolf, TurboPunk, Dendraad, Bert_en_Ernie, xSile, Xgentis Lempereur, wolf-stone, Onomast, myurek, Armchair General, Cotarius | yesterday
A lot of them where indeed, but not all (example: Goran73 and Prophexy). I just wanted to point out that these people did not receive a pm cause they where in the BCA Smile
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-10-30, 12:28

Speaking as one who resigned from BCA to join BAF, let me tell you why. It was not an easy decision, because I had to resign my job working for jamster, which I have held for a long time and have really appreciated what a good employer he is. I also liked BCA, where I have many friends I respect a lot. However, even though I do not consider myself really a soldier, I recognized that BAF would give me a chance to increase in rank more quickly, which could ultimately be for the benefit of eBelgium if we should come under attack. I also have worked in a commune before coming to eBelgium, and recognize the benefits. I can generally produce enough food to meet my own needs, even at 25 fights a day, but I do not produce enough weapons for myself. BAF can help fill that gap. Since meeting the requirements really doesn't take any more time or effort than I was spending already, it seemed foolish not to accept the opportunity to grow. It's as simple as that.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 13:16

The message has nothing to do with BCA or not, why would it be ? You quote the guys who received it (i sent it also to Boklevski and Aldous Zamiatin), but you don't quote the first sentence :
Hello all !

If you receive this message, it's because you're among the best belgian soldiers in terms of weekly damages or strenght but that you're not (yet) a member of the Belgian Armed Forces...

Also Gooypants and Shadowuks, about the fact to have someone not from the BAF and from the "opposition" in the High Command, well it's the case since very long time ! Happy face for everyone :-)
Indeed, Fhaemita Malodorous, as MoD, is a full member of the BAF HC, as said previously already.

I have the feeling everything is bad for the ones who don't like the BAF because NLSP and I are member of it. When i was Belgian, the BAF sucks because we had too low supplies, now that i'm Polish, the BAF sucks because i'm polish only to get a grip on the BAF... When the BAF had a low numbers of soldiers, it sucked, now that we have some recruits, it sucked too because we impeach these citizens to join shadowukcs in the Ultramarines to follow US government's orders to get more supplies or to enjoy a awesome supply system (while our supply system have been approved by a very large majority of our soldiers in the last survey).

From all the remarks i seen here, not one is really constructive for the BAF. And not one is really true. But to bash down the BAF have become a national sport in this country ! Except indeed for all the BAF members ! (but who are in the ignorance, i get it... You should give them more respect !) What a Face
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by betafoxtrot 2011-10-30, 13:19

I think it's silly to make someone a command member based on what party they're in, a command should be made of people based on their ability and merit and the military should remain as apolitical as possible. And that's whether you think NLSP and TR are doing a good job or not.
betafoxtrot
betafoxtrot
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2011-10-30, 13:32

I also went from the BCA to the BAF and why not earlier because I worked for OLV007 and had a good job there. Didn't want to leave because he helped me several times and stood next to me when I was hacked with all help he good.
But I live in eBelgium and want to do for eBelgium and not an other nation. Plus that I'm not big enough for other MU's so they don't even answer is that what I'm looking in a MU. Ignore others so then you create a real elite.
So shadow who is the real elite here Wink .
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-10-30, 14:04

There are no minimum requirements for Ultramarines. And I get 12 tanks a day + food worth 600 hp. With 5 minutes searching, you can find several other MU's as well who don't have a minimum req's and offer way more than BAF does.

I'm not the elite. I'm the guy who uses his brains and thinks "hey, why should I stay here in TR/NLSP's priv milita, get poor supplies once a week and level much slower than everyone else, when I can join a decent milita, get supplies within 3 minutes after I ask them AND bybass everyone in eBE without having to beg for supplies in #eMercenary".

Also, by stealing so many workers from the companies, TR has caused problems on our already poor job market.

@maryamQ: if you went from BCA to BAF because you feel you are a soldier and want to rank quicker and thus help eBE better in case of a attack, you're doing it wrong. If that is your motivation, you'd better go to one of the many foreign MU's that offer 4 times the supplies that BAF gives.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-10-30, 14:14

shadow, I said (I think) that I do NOT consider myself a soldier. I do understand your reasoning, but at this time, I think BAF works best for me.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 14:18

Not everyone would like to fight for USA and receive orders from the US government neither.

With being in the BAF, our soldiers are able to strenghten our country and to be part of something bigger than themselves, and to work to improve it. They have a goal, and it's related to eBelgium, their country, the reason why they play the game. They would also be able to follow our MU orders, which will be set to the belgians battles during the next TW with the Netherlands for example.

One one hand you say that our supplies sucks, on the others hand, when we tried to improve them (working with communes, me being sent in Poland for bonuses), you say that it sucks too. And you make it personnal again against me : "tr stole workers"... I think we all get it that you don't appreciate me, but as some already made the remarks previously, you need to take the shades of blind hatred of your eyes... It's really becoming obsessive... :-/

You don't want a Belgian Army, but not everyone share your opinion, and you should respect the others. Not everyone are dumb because they don't share the same opinions as you... This is called respect.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-10-30, 15:45

ThomasRED wrote:Not everyone would like to fight for USA and receive orders from the US government neither.

Most of the BAF orders or at leat the MU orders have been fighting for USA too seeing they are our allies so there isn't that much difference Wink

ThomasRED wrote:With being in the BAF, our soldiers are able to strenghten our country and to be part of something bigger than themselves, and to work to improve it. They have a goal, and it's related to eBelgium, their country, the reason why they play the game. They would also be able to follow our MU orders, which will be set to the belgians battles during the next TW with the Netherlands for example.

To play advocate of the devil, If soldiers are in foreign MU where they get more supplies they grow much stronger much quicker and make our country stronger then by being soldiers in the BAF. Fighting for our alllies through MPP isn't really a goal that is related to our country. They are fighting for another country most likely USA at the moment.

Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 16:13

Indeed, but you're not in the MU with your fellow citizens, the mighty Belgians, you don't have the fun of the team spirit, you're alone among 300 americans, with whom you have nothing to share, and with no common goal to fight for ! For some, joining a foreign MU is a selfish act. And that's why so many people like the Belgian Armed Forces in my opinion...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-10-30, 16:19

Friendship doesn't provide us weapons and/or food to fight with! So yes, it is a selfish act Wink
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-10-30, 16:28

ThomasRED wrote:Indeed, but you're not in the MU with your fellow citizens, the mighty Belgians, you don't have the fun of the team spirit, you're alone among 300 americans, with whom you have nothing to share, and with no common goal to fight for ! For some, joining a foreign MU is a selfish act. And that's why so many people like the Belgian Armed Forces in my opinion...

Sorry Thomas but you your comment really so transparent with lies. You make it sound like when you're in a foreign MU you couldnt have fun, team spirit and have nothing to share or no common goal to fight for. I dont even understand how people could believe such comments, everbody with common sense must see true these kind of lies.

In a foreign MU you make friends, you are a team, you share stuff, i would even say that it is more interesting with foreigners of other cultures and experience you have more to share. As a mu you have common goal whatevet citixenship you have you are a team

Last edited by Fhaemita Malodorous on 2011-10-30, 16:36; edited 1 time in total
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 16:32

It's not lies, it's my feelings, and i think they are shared by many citizens. In a game called eRepublik, when you play for your country, the fun is to developp something with your fellow citizens... To say that many belgians won't have fun to be in a american MU compared to a belgian MU is not a lie... To fight for USA in an american MU won't help eBelgium to grown as country or community, as our country also need to develop itself. I'm sorry if i offended you, it wasn't the goal ! And i do understand that for some it's nice to be in a foreign MU, as i have myself been for 2 months in a Brazilian MU after a CP term, when i needed to take a little break. It was very interesting and i don't deny it... But as said Critically, it can also be seen as a selfish act by some.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsieur Guillotine 2011-10-30, 16:57

this thread is supposed to target me... not the BAF -__-

make a new thread. please.
Monsieur Guillotine
Monsieur Guillotine
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

ITT we talk about BAF Empty ITT we talk about BAF

Post by shadowukcs 2011-10-30, 17:02

ThomasRED wrote:Indeed, but you're not in the MU with your fellow citizens, the mighty Belgians, you don't have the fun of the team spirit, you're alone among 300 americans, with whom you have nothing to share, and with no common goal to fight for ! For some, joining a foreign MU is a selfish act. And that's why so many people like the Belgian Armed Forces in my opinion...

Sorry Thomas but you your comment really so transparent with lies. You make it sound like when you're in a foreign MU you couldnt have fun, team spirit and have nothing to share or no common goal to fight for. I dont even understand how people could believe such comments, everbody with common sense must see true these kind of lies.

In a foreign MU you make friends, you are a team, you share stuff, i would even say that it is more interesting with foreigners of other cultures and experience you have more to share. As a mu you have common goal whatevet citixenship you have you are a team

lol This^

The teamspirit in a UM is much better than in BAF. When I came on the BAF IRC, there where 3 guys in it, at it's most and nearly no talks whatsoever. In the UM chats there are always conversations going on, there is always a friendly chatter and you actually meet ppl in eWorld outside of this shrunken narrowminded country.

In the UM-mu there are former presidents from tons of different countries, IG moderators, alliance leaders, famous e-republicans,... In terms of social interaction, those bigger foreign MU's are lightyears ahead of BAF.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 17:17

shadowukcs wrote:The teamspirit in a UM is much better than in BAF. When I came on the BAF IRC, there where 3 guys in it, at it's most and nearly no talks whatsoever. In the UM chats there are always conversations going on, there is always a friendly chatter and you actually meet ppl in eWorld outside of this shrunken narrowminded country.
IRC activity is not everything. Our recent survey showed that 50% of our soldiers don't like IRC and don't use it. However, the recent activity of our channel have grown, which is nice for the ones who use it. At the end what is the teamspirit of UM ? Guys who decided to join it only because it provided better supplies (it's a caricature, no offence) ? While BAF soldiers join our army not only for supplies, but also for the ideals. Or does your ideals are to fight for the US Government as belgian citizen ?

shadowukcs wrote:In the UM-mu there are former presidents from tons of different countries, IG moderators, alliance leaders, famous e-republicans,... In terms of social interaction, those bigger foreign MU's are lightyears ahead of BAF.
What you need to understand is that it's not a dick competition, the UM have more former presidents than the BAF ? Well, congrats ! What we try to do with the BAF is to help our country and community to grow, in term of strenght, power, activity, friendship between belgians, etc...

You don't have always to bash down people you don't like, or armies you're not part of it : you have different ideas and goals and it's perfect ! It's what makes our world nice, but we need to respect the others, to respect their choices, and they way of life in erepublik. It's not hard to understand that a belgian guy prefer to be in the Belgian Armed Forces than in the UltraMarines, even if there is the atlantis founder in the UM and better supplies...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-10-30, 17:27

Dude, will you please stop referring to the damn survey. The survey is a joke. 99% of BAF's soldiers doesn't have a reference point.

Also, there is lots of teamspirit in UM. precisely because of our huge IRC activity. lots of ppl come in, talk about how their day has been, talk about politics or cultural differences,...

If this was just a "get your guns and shut up MU", I would have left ages ago.

And as far as ideals go, I prefer to fight for my own. Now your ideals of pleasing your Venezuelan friends.

oh and the fact that you only see a small "Belgian" community in stead of a big "erepublik community" proves my point on the narrowmindedness of BAF. The best part of this game, lies in meeting ppl outside of your own surroundings, outside of your own country. In UM, we don't like to see ourselves as a US MU, but as a erep MU, with just as many different nationalities as we have players.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-10-30, 17:37

shadowukcs wrote:Dude, will you please stop referring to the damn survey. The survey is a joke. 99% of BAF's soldiers doesn't have a reference point.
(...)
In UM, we don't like to see ourselves as a US MU, but as a erep MU, with just as many different nationalities as we have players.
The soldiers are happy and you don't find that important???
Further: it is good for you that you enjoy being in an US MU that calls itself an erep MU, but stop blaming people who doesn't follow your stance.

Some people like it in the BAF and we get it, you are not one of them. But that is not a reason to do some BAF bashing!
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-10-30, 17:44

The MUs are national feature. The job done by USA is awesome, as they suceeded to get "an erep mu" with dozen of nationalities fighting for them. At the end, it's the goal of a MU : have fighters and damages for it country and battles.

About Venezuela, it was a temporary mission that was decided and accepted by the High Command. Was it wrong to help them ? Because i like eVenezuela doesn't make Venezuela an ennemy of eBelgium : they have helped us a lot in the past, and we were happy to be there for them too. Since the Entente, and that we like it or not, Venezuela have been one of our best friends. And if i have been able to help these good relations to continue, then i'm happy ! And as a remark, our soldiers have focusing a lot more on MU daily orders and mercenary medals than on helping Venezuela since few weeks as the priority of their battles have decreased.

About the survey, does our soldiers need a reference point to know if they don't like irc and don't use it ? A lot of ingame players appreciate the game a lot but are not ready to spend hours and hours on irc, it's their choices and i totally respect it.

What you had to keep in mind in my previous post was this :
You don't have always to bash down people you don't like, or armies you're not part of it : you have different ideas and goals and it's perfect ! It's what makes our world nice, but we need to respect the others, to respect their choices, and they way of life in erepublik. It's not hard to understand that a belgian guy prefer to be in the Belgian Armed Forces than in the UltraMarines, even if there is the atlantis founder in the UM and better supplies...
I respect your choice to be in the UM, and i can even understand it. I don't ask you to quit it and to join the BAF, as long you are ready to help eBelgium when we will need damages in RWs during the TW for example.

But i also ask you to respect the choice of our soldiers, the choice to be a BAF soldier, to receive less supplies but to fight for a common goal with fellow belgians citizens ingame. We have 34 soldiers currently, and you're basicly insulting them to be idiot because they are not in the UM with you. :-/

You are criticizing the BAF since 9 months, sometimes with reasons i admit, but a lot of things have changed... maybe except that i'm still a BAF member. I hope you will be able to to take the shades of blind hatred of your eyes for the good of eBelgium !
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-10-30, 23:04

shadowukcs wrote:And I get 12 tanks a day + food worth 600 hp.

What are you doing with it? A 4-year old account with such a low strength and ranking point... Are you selling them of what?
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-10-30, 23:14

I forget how people with low strength and rank aren't allowed to have fun while fighting in this game. Rolling Eyes
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-10-30, 23:18

M.Leviathin wrote:I forget how people with low strength and rank aren't allowed to have fun while fighting in this game. Rolling Eyes

It's normal for your age to forget things Razz
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by betafoxtrot 2011-10-30, 23:32

Luckily for people in here the BAF is under new management Razz

Hopefully we'll be able to not use it as an excuse to attack each other and start trying to make BAF better Smile
betafoxtrot
betafoxtrot
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-11-01, 10:23

a rotation with congress would be excellent. I'm also guessing Thomas and NLSP have a friend in Venezuela who gives them free s*** if the BAF is directed there, or something secret is going on. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum