eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization

+5
ThomasRED
Jonathan Clay
Olv007
Gerbdeblee
DonMatteo
9 posters

Go down

[Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization Empty [Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization

Post by DonMatteo 2012-03-12, 20:19

Belgian Army Reorganization

First of all, I would like to apologize you - My grammar is not always very good Wink

Dear Belgians!
If you are open-minded and have got open eyes, you can see that our National Army is not well-organized. The only activity is Ministry of Defence’s orders and Military Unit Daily Order. What about organized fighting? I have got an idea which can we enter in our country’s National Army.

What have we got now?
Belgian National Army contains three Military Units:
1. Belgian Armed Forces - National Army, 53 members.
Requirements: daily IRC activity, daily forum activity, daily ingame activity trough working and minimum 1000 strength
Everyday’s work: fighting. You receive 10 guns a day in first two months, then you receive 20 guns.

2. Belgian Civillian Army - 324 members, Military Unit under MoD orders. No requirements, you can fight and receive Energy Bar and Bazooka each day as a reward of defeating 25 opponents from Military Unit Daily Order

3. Belgian Training Academy[/url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/450] - 85 members, Military Unit especially for young, new people. Captains also explain how eRepublik works. Members can receive food for fighting to make their progress faster.

4. Belgian Peoples Army - 80 members. People’s kind of BCA.

5. Belgian Foreign Legion - 38 members. Military Unit for people who want to bite a Mercenary Medal. If Belgium needs help, they fight for us.

What is my opinion and new idea?
We can divide Belgian Military Units on two groups: National and Private. Let me take care of National:

We have got 3 National Military Units: Belgian Armed Forces, Belgian Civillian Army and Belgian Training Academy. We can reorganize them in this way:

1. Belgian Armed Forces - Official National Army of eBelgium. They fight under Ministry of Defence orders, but
a) They have got Military Unit Daily Order
b) They fight on special time, not everytime they want.
c) Minimum hit: 1000 influence with Q5 weapon (1200 influence with Q6)

I understand, that it could be a bit difficult, I understand, that real life is more important than eRepublik. But it may be very useful. BAF will fight at the end of minibattle. The most important time in minibattle is between 1:00 and the end of minibattle in which our influence is needed.

2. Belgian Civilian Army - without changes: Army under MoD orders, fighting for Energy Bars and Bazookas.

3. Belgian Training Academy - National Army for young soldiers and soldiers without high strength.
a) Military Unit Daily Order
b) They can fight on special time.
c) Maximum hit: 1000 influence with Q5 (1200 with Q6)
d) daily Soldier Pack

What is special time?
Special time is usually at the end of the battle (More than 1:00). BAF and BTA soldiers can set a Google Calendar SMS and Google will send a SMS on time. One of the Captains or Commanders will set a reminder on Google Calendar and all people who set Google Calendar SMS will know when to fight

How will we fight?
First of all, we will meet on IRC channel. Then, we will make screens of our profile’s (need to see number of Experience points, rank points and influence per hit (eRepublik Advanced script, not nessesary, but welcomed)). Then, we fight after order (Order looks like: Link to the battle - number of kills). After fighting, we make a screen of made influence (best screen is from Battle Stats, because it includes number of kills) and screen of our profile. These 3 screen we put in a form and send the form. That’s all.
So: SMS → IRC → Screen 1 → fighting → screen 2 and 3 → filling the form - FINISH

What about payments?
Assume that we can divide 50 000 BEF every day for soldiers. We need to divide this money between BAF and BTA.
Every day about 35 people from Belgium take Citizen Packs. Each one pack (10 food Q6 and 2 guns Q6) costs about 100 BEF, so 35 packs costs 3500 BEF - approximately 5000 BEF (we need to save some money).
After that we have got 45 000 BEF.
Belgian Training Academy’s soldier receive every day food supply. Assume that each one soldier receive 30 food Q5. It costs about 100 BEF again. BTA has got 86 members, so it costs about 8600 BEF. Approximately 10 000 BEF.
Now we have got 35 000 BEF.
We will fight in organized fight. It means that we will know who bite how much influence. We can divide this 35 000 BEF between active (present on meeting) soldiers apart from influence their bite.

For example:
If all soldiers bite 17 500 000 influence, we can pay 2 BEF for 1 000 influence. So if one bite 100 000 influence, he/she will receive 200 BEF.

Advantages:
1. We don’t waste tanks and food (how do we know where people are fighting?)
2. We can cumulate our influence in one time

We can also set more or less money for payments. It is a thing to discuss.

It is a project. Please, tell me what do you think about it. If it is all OK, I will publish a project of new Law Act on forum.

Best regards,
DonMatteo
DonMatteo
DonMatteo
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

[Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization Empty Re: [Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization

Post by Gerbdeblee 2012-03-12, 20:51

I will not discuss about money.

But apart it,

your idea about screens, according my experience of general and soldier, it's already difficult to don't forget for a soldier to make his form, so take 10 minutes more to make screen and send it: impossible to do it.

Who will command it ? Because you say good things, but the greatest problem is to keep soldiers active and find battle, make supplies! and you don't need only a leader, you need an all High Command to keep the army at a good level of activity and strength. Because an only one man can't manage recruitment, do IRC raids, manage the Spreadsheets, ...

Maybe we have to go back to the basis, with a little team and then grow up more and more to come back to the past activity.

Last edited by Gerbdeblee on 2012-03-12, 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Gerbdeblee
Gerbdeblee
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

[Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization Empty Re: [Citizen's preposition] Belgian Army reorganization

Post by Olv007 2012-03-12, 20:58

DonMatteo, I really like your ideas. BAF really need a complete turnover to be more fun, active and important again.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by DonMatteo 2012-03-12, 21:05

@Gerbdeblee,
I know that I can't manage Belgian forces on my own. We need to have at least 5 people.
Apart from screens versus supplies, just count:
If we supply somebody, we waiste more money than giving him money for influence. Doing screen is about 3 minutes more. At the beginning and at the end of fighting. Trust me, I am new in Belgium, but I met these organization and I lived between it much time.
DonMatteo
DonMatteo
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Clay 2012-03-12, 21:07

We could do a combination of the old an the new BAF system. Someone stores the weapons soldiers produce so they can be distributed at the moment they are needed to the soldiers who are available at that time to fight. In exchange the soldiers who work to produce the guns could get a wage paid by a budget from the state funds. Excess funds could be used to buy additional weapons.

This way BAF can supply more soldiers and be more effective in battles.
Jonathan Clay
Jonathan Clay
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-12, 21:10

Interesting ideas indeed, just a first remark about the screens, with soldiers using Pulse, we can get live datas about how many dmg they done, in which battles, and at what time... Collecting forms or screens is indeed more work, not only for the soldiers but also for the leaders who have to analyze them. With Pulse, stats are made automatically.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Clay 2012-03-12, 21:14

Yes Pulse is probably the easiest way to track stats
Jonathan Clay
Jonathan Clay
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerbdeblee 2012-03-12, 21:17

Good if Pulse is always working, Wink
Gerbdeblee
Gerbdeblee
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-12, 21:19

Belgian army should be Belgian Armed Forces and Belgian Training Academy.

Belgian Civilian Army was founded as a is a non military MU when I was MoD. The agreement was that the Minister of Defense. (or a person appointed by Minister of Defense. ) would lead the Belgian Civilian Army. BCA isn't really a militairy but a oppertunity for civilians to be in a MU and earn their daily bazooka and energy bar nothing more nothing less. No command structure, no command, no supplies or anything, a MU for people who don't like a strict military unit.

Belgian Peoples Army & Belgian Foreign Legion are both private MU's. Although they can't be placed under the military command of BAF general they should listen to some extent to the Minister of Defense.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-12, 21:19

Gerbdeblee wrote:Good if Pulse is always working, Wink
Last version released few weeks ago... 1.1.23
http://egov4you.info/Pulse/
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerbdeblee 2012-03-12, 21:32

The budget is true, are we able to give 50 000 BEF per day to Army ?
Gerbdeblee
Gerbdeblee
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DonMatteo 2012-03-12, 22:17

Pulse is OK, but how do you know in which battle have they fought? Smile
DonMatteo
DonMatteo
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-12, 22:18

I really think it's a bad idea if we go back to the old situation where we spend 90% of our daily income on the army. It's completely no necessary and and imho a waste of money. I rather see us use the money on social projects like we do now. Soldiers need to work in the commune and produce food and weapons that the soldiers can use. I don't know what the best (most weapons/food) or cheapest is but I am sure somebody has a sheet and can figure it out.

Last edited by Fhaemita Malodorous on 2012-03-12, 22:20; edited 1 time in total
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-12, 22:20

DonMatteo wrote:Pulse is OK, but how do you know in which battle have they fought? Smile
http://egov4you.info/group/campaign/43 (general stats)
http://egov4you.info/supply/view/1163 (stats per battle)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Clay 2012-03-12, 23:04

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:I really think it's a bad idea if we go back to the old situation where we spend 90% of our daily income on the army. It's completely no necessary and and imho a waste of money. I rather see us use the money on social projects like we do now. Soldiers need to work in the commune and produce food and weapons that the soldiers can use. I don't know what the best (most weapons/food) or cheapest is but I am sure somebody has a sheet and can figure it out.

Yes I agree we shouldn't spend all our money on the army but I think there could be a monthly income to supply extra soldiers because the current 10 or so isn't enough to make a real difference.

e.g 50 000 BEF a month would be enough to buy more then 1000 Q6 weapons if you add the 10*20*30 (Q5 weapons BAF soldiers produce in Tecuvo and xironns factory you got a nice amount of weapons
Jonathan Clay
Jonathan Clay
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by DonMatteo 2012-03-12, 23:36

What about Pulse update? Is it daily or after each battle?
DonMatteo
DonMatteo
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-03-13, 01:24

ok newsflash:

Our income is now 3 million per month (100k a day) or we can make it 3 million per month with minimal efforts by MoF and a few citizens willing to help out. In that essence, spending a recurrent 500k a month on military is not a crime in my eyes. The military could even use this to fund more communes.

Today I've done a test and asked tecuvo to buy some tanks in the eUS and sell them on the eBe market. This single action helped to boost our income. The best part is, tecuvo bought 500 Q5 tanks in eUS at 32.50 BEF, selling them in eBe for 41.91 BEF (total profit for tecuvo 250 BEF, total profit for the state: 4.455 BEF). You'll need to search some but in most top countries it's possible to buy goods under botprice (Q1-Q5 weapons, Q1-Q5 food) without taxes which you can immediatly put on eBe market.
Nohjis
Nohjis
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by BrunoCND 2012-03-13, 18:19

+1 Nohijs

Very good idea DonMatteo Wink
BrunoCND
BrunoCND
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-03-14, 01:27

DonMatteo wrote:What about Pulse update? Is it daily or after each battle?
pulse record all your hits and sends it during/after each battle to the site, where they can be seen.
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down