eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military politic and Military Unit

+2
Critically
FranSolo
6 posters

Go down

Military politic and Military Unit Empty Military politic and Military Unit

Post by FranSolo 2012-07-24, 21:32

Hi, i'm quite new here, I'm trying to understand everything but i still get some interrogations. Question

First, I'm actually in the Belgian Training Academy, I'm quite happy about that, I'm following the program for new citizens. I understood the logic of this BTA, and then the Belgian National Army and then maybe the Paras (not in the list?). I get the progress in those three.
But what are the purpose of the others : Belgian civilian army, Belgian armed Forces and Libertarian communist collective ?

Second question, I totally understand the official line of neutrality for eBelgium. But personally I can't stay like that and do nothing. I can't stand seeing Poland ruling the whole Europa, I can't stand seeing Swiss and Austria not existing anymore. We should help those countries. At least The Netherlands. I already fought in some independence wars. I know i'm just a drop in the ocean (lvl 20, force 28) but is it a problem for my military unit that i deliberately don't follow the "today orders" where sometimes I have to help the USA attacking the innocent Canada?

In fact, in a few words : Why don't we help other weak countries?

edit : sorry for my bad english.

FranSolo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Military politic and Military Unit Empty Re: Military politic and Military Unit

Post by Critically 2012-07-24, 22:57

Belgian Civilian Army is an army created by the state for people that doesn't want to join the real army (BNA-BTA-Para's)
Belgian Armed Forces was an army created by the state but it's a stolen MU, so it's not in use anymore, however there are still some people in there, just doing their DO
Libertarian Communist Collective is a MU created by the party with the same name (now known as Belgian Community Party [BCP] ).

The para's have their own regiment in the BNA MU, so that's why they are not listed

Well, you can fight wherever you want, however if there's a specific order from the MoD, or your commander, you should follow it as much as you can.

We sometimes give orders to help the "weak" countries, but mostely we let our soldiers decide where they want to fight, but we want them operational when we really need them. (in case of an invasion for example)

And last thing I want to say, even when you're a drop in the ocean, every drop is an important drop Wink Lot's of drops makes the ocean what it is now Wink

-Critically
Minister of Defence
BNA commander ad intrim

Abbreviations:
MU = Military Unit
DO = Daily Order
BNA = Belgian National Army
BTA = Belgian Training Academy
MoD = Minister of Defence

Last edited by Critically on 2012-07-24, 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-07-24, 22:59

Those are good questions, Fran.

About the MUs, paras are an elite strike team, most of whose members are in a regiment of BNA, but not all. They do not have a separate MU. Belgian Civilian Army is just what it states, a group of civilians who are ready to fight for eBelgium when needed but are not committed to following military protocols. They have an MU primarily for the chance to have DO's and get the rewards from those. BAF is the former state army, which was removed from state control and is now, for all practical purposes, a private MU. LCC is also a privately controlled MU that was created by a political party. Most countries have a variety of private MUs, many of which are ready to follow government orders in an emergency but are not obligated to do so.

For the second question, I fully sympathize with your wish to help the underdogs in battle, and in fact, we do that frequently; however, we do not always have MPP battles available, and so MU commanders will make choices about battle priorities in order to provide members with a chance to complete DOs. These may not always be to our liking, as sometimes there are not that many battles to choose from, and they often involve a significant move to participate.

I hope this helps.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Viridi 2012-07-24, 23:07

Hey FranSolo, nice to see a new player on the forums.

I'll help you out and explain in brief what the purpose of the three Military Units you don't understand is.

Belgian Civilian Army [BCA]; This is a military unit with no strict requirements to join, like the Belgian National Army. Here, you have a chance to complete the daily order on your own terms.

Belgian Armed Forces [BAF]; To my knowledge, this is a military unit that was stolen from the government by a player who refuses to return t. I suggest you just avoid it completely.

Libertarian Communist Collective [LLC]; this is a political military unit. It is run by a group of politicians and is not a place to be if you want to be in the official government.

There are also two more military units in Belgium, which are private militias. I own one and another citizen owns the other. They are not financially supported or endorsed by the government, but are instead citizen-owned and fight for Belgium and her allies.

In regards to the military situation, eBelgium has declared herself to be neutral, and alas we take no sides in the great war currently engulfing the rest of the world. Thus, we have allies in both alliances. Whilst some citizens do not like being neutral, a recent referendum made it obvious that most people do. If you do so wish to fight for any own specific nation, you are entitled to do so.

I hope this helped! Smile

Viridi
Viridi
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FranSolo 2012-07-24, 23:28

Thanks a lot to you all for the time you took to answer, every answer was usefull to me, to see a little bit the differents view!
I now understand more the belgian military politics, most of all the mission of the MU. I didn't see that we coould have a reward each day, i beleived it's was just a one shot. Now i fully see the reason of the choice of today for example (Egypt in Tabuk).

2 more questions : what are the purposes of a private militia if I can do almost whatever i want in the "state's" armies and if they will anyway help eBelgium when it will need it?

And, even if eBelgium stay officially neutral ( and i totally defend it), is there general sympathy for a specific alliance or part of an alliance? I mean, is there, for most of the eBelgian, a common wish ? (i.e. we can't say that "we can't accept an Europe without a France or Germany" but when we'll have the chance to fight Poland without being crushed in 2 day, will we? )

edit : What are the fundamentals differences between the political parties? I mean, you said that the LCC (obviously communist) is related to the Belgian community party where i can read " center/libertarian", ~> not really communist!?

edit² : i just read this article http://www.erepublik.com/fr/article/lackluster-collapsed-communes-lcc--2088716/1/20 and I understand less! Is Konrad Neumann not president of the Belgian community party? Why does he is attacking the communists?

edit³ : my MU's mission today is to fight for Egypt against Chyprus. But when i clik on "join the battle field" on my homepage, i'm directly fighting for Chyprus. I can't accomplish my mission!?

FranSolo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-07-24, 23:52

About private militias, sometimes they are just a way to have fun with a select group of your friends and maybe sometimes to fight for particular objectives (such as only in wars for original regions) which may or may not be the same as objectives of state MUs. Also, although most will, private MUs are not obligated to fight for their country unless they wish to do so. State MUs, of course, will follow the orders of the government in most cases because they are state funded (although there has been some rebellion against state orders in the eUS recently).

Many eBelgians do have preferences about an alliance, but there is no real consensus about this, as we are from varied backgrounds and have varied in-game and RL experiences that influence us.

Most of the political parties do not have big political differences in eBelgium. They are more social than political in reality. You are correct that LCC considers itself to be a communist group; however, they have at this time lost control of their party, and the current PP has decided to change the name and move the party's position more to the center. This is not an uncommon occurrence in the game, where political takeovers (PTOs) are legal, though many of us do not like them. The best advice I can give you about parties is to observe other players, see who seems to agree with you most often, and consider joining the same party.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2012-07-24, 23:56

The purpose of a private militia is to be independent from the state, they don't want to listen to MoD orders, so they go their own way and chose for themselves in what battle they will fight.

Well, we are neutral, however we were pushed into the hands of ONE, but lots of people will deny this, because they want to stay neutral Wink

well, in there are no real differences in the political parties, only LCC against the Belgian Community. The LCC has been ATO'd (Anti Take Over) by Konrad, in order to maintain the peace and the security of our homeland.

And if you want to do your mission, you can always move to a Cyprus or a country that's closer and MPP'd (Mutual Protection Pacts, allies Wink ) with Cyprus Wink

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by FranSolo 2012-07-25, 00:04

The eBelgium's politic seems to be as complicated as the real Belgium !

Thanks again for your help ! I'll read and participate, I imagine it gets easier with time.

last question : our (great) President comes from a autoritarist Party. what does it mean?

FranSolo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-07-25, 07:18

I like to make points, so I will:

1: Do not believe the alignment of the parties, people write stupid stuff (same for presidential goals at elections^^). If we except the LCC/BCP conflict, you can consider that all other parties are the same and that the only difference is the activity of the members and the members themselves. But none of them really have programs (beside the election propaganda).
Actually eBelgium has one of the simplest political system ever Wink.

2: Similarly to newspaper, political parties and companies, anyone can create a military unit (but it cost a lot!) and it was designed as a tool. Therefore it has not to have any particular purpose Wink.

3: For your edit³. The DO links you to the battle, but you can only fight from the country you are in. For example if eBelgium is allied with Turkey and you are in cyprus, you will only be able to fight for Cyprus allies, even if you can see all battles. Therefore the DO will show you the battle Turkey vs Cyprus but you will only be able to fight from Cyprus side.

If you want to switch side, you will have to change country to move to a country that has an alliance with Turkey.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarii 2012-07-25, 08:58

From noob to noob, eBe is just a bunch of trolls having fun Razz.

Except for the LCC, who don't like to play by the game's basic rules and logics, and try to go for 1 borderless nation with a communist leadership (at least thats what I figure from the redbro alliance idea's, correct me if I'm wrong ^^).
Sicarii
Sicarii
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down