eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship

4 posters

Go down

apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship Empty apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-26, 17:20

from the eBE constitution (http://www.erepbelgium.com/t6140-constitution-of-ebelgium)

"a – The Constitution is the fundamental charter of eBelgium and it is above any other law except for eRepublik's rules."

and

"a - Congress will be decided upon game mechanics; everyone with in-game rank of Congress Member or Country President is a member of Congress on the forum, as well."

This constitution was publicly debated for many months, it was voted in by a 2/3rd majority of several governments and is therefore one of the few real democratic pieces this eNation has.

Yet the in-doors, non-public, non democratic, decision of 3 judges is enforced above the Constitution.

Why have a constitution at all with silly 2/3rd majority rules when 3 ppl can overrule it.

This is a farce for democracy.

Last I checked, a form of government where a select few ppl have full authoritarian control over a large group is called a dictatorship.

I was elected congressman IG with the second most votes in my region, yet I'm not allowed to be in congress on the forum.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship Empty Re: apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship

Post by tommot 2012-08-26, 17:40

Dude, this is a complaint. Not a regular topic. No
Place it in the right section.
tommot
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship Empty Re: apparently, eBelgium is a dictatorship

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-26, 17:42

tommot wrote:Dude, this is a complaint. Not a regular topic. No
Place it in the right section.

I would, but I don't have access there

It's funny how I'm about to defend myself against accusations when I'm not even allowed to see them properly or see the arguments my accusers brought forward.

Another great show of great and fair justice
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by tommot 2012-08-26, 20:04

I do say that you should not be denied you Congress-mask.
There are no laws or possible related items that could deny you your mask(this does not mean you have the right to a citizen-mask).
This includes the verdict on your justice-case.

I'm sure someone will say otherwise. But not me.
I agree on this fact with you. (not all your words though)
tommot
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-26, 20:10

tommot wrote:I do say that you should not be denied you Congress-mask.
There are no laws or possible related items that could deny you your mask(this does not mean you have the right to a citizen-mask).
This includes the verdict on your justice-case.

I'm sure someone will say otherwise. But not me.
I agree on this fact with you. (not all your words though)

exactly. What's the point of having a constitution and implanting it with a 2/3rd majority of democratically elected people, when 3 or rather 2 (as 2/3 judges is enough) can decide against anything in that constitution by themselves?

Either scratch the constitution then or scratch the SC, but don't be so hypocrite in thinking you're doing fair and just law here when you're measuring with 2 weights here.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-26, 20:45

the constitution gives the rights to the SC to impose whichever punishment they want. Just pay your debts and quit being a dramaqueen.
Nohjis
Nohjis
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-08-26, 21:39

shadowukcs wrote:

exactly. What's the point of having a constitution and implanting it with a 2/3rd majority of democratically elected people, when 3 or rather 2 (as 2/3 judges is enough) can decide against anything in that constitution by themselves?

Constitution also state that the judgment can be revoked by the congress, you just have to convince more than 50% of them that you aren't guilty of stealing or that the punishment is not reasonable.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-27, 16:31

Nohjis wrote:the constitution gives the rights to the SC to impose whichever punishment they want. Just pay your debts and quit being a dramaqueen.

not if that punishement is against the constitution or already existing rules.

That would be like a RL court ruling that someone loses his freedom of speech or punishes a delinquent child with labour in a dangerous factory.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-27, 16:51

shadowukcs wrote:
Nohjis wrote:the constitution gives the rights to the SC to impose whichever punishment they want. Just pay your debts and quit being a dramaqueen.

That would be like a RL court ruling that someone loses his freedom of speech or punishes a delinquent child with labour in a dangerous factory.

That is not true either. Your political and civil "rights" can be taken away by a real life court. The fact that the constitution and other laws do not describe the limits of punishment in eBelgium does not make them against existing rules.

Your freedom of movement is taken away when you're imprisoned, take it as if you were imprisoned, you're not free to move to the citizen sections of the forum as long as you prefer being a liar and a thief. All rights come with obligations, it's just that you conveniently forget you also have obligations.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-08-27, 17:47

Nohjis wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:

That is not true either. Your political and civil "rights" can be taken away by a real life court. The fact that the constitution and other laws do not describe the limits of punishment in eBelgium does not make them against existing rules.

Your freedom of movement is taken away when you're imprisoned, take it as if you were imprisoned, you're not free to move to the citizen sections of the forum as long as you prefer being a liar and a thief. All rights come with obligations, it's just that you conveniently forget you also have obligations.

your civil and political rights, yes. but not your constitutional rights. If you want to talk law, at least know the difference.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-08-27, 23:14

shadowukcs wrote:your civil and political rights, yes. but not your constitutional rights. If you want to talk law, at least know the difference.

Both civil and political rights are often embedded into the constitution.

Your access to be voted into congress is a political right, embedded in most real life constitutions.
Your access to the rest of the forum as a citizen could be compared to a civil right.

If you want to talk law, don't be silly. Constitutional rights can be revoked in any place in real life. (cfr. US 5th Amendment). Perhaps our constitutional description of Justice isn't as perfect as the US constitution, the basics are there.
---

Quit being a dramaqueen and repay your loan. If you can't pay it because you're too dumb to know how to make money in eRep be a man and admit it. The loan you need to repay was taken AFTER you STOPPED as SO so any prior so called "charity" you did for eBe can hardly be taken into account.

All I see here is a criminal trying to chat himself out of paying his debt to society.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down