eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish Solidarity

+8
M.Leviathin
Xgentis Lempereur
counterstriker
Mike Wooldridge
Apotygma
Reaussou
Aldous Zamiatin
Stilpo
12 posters

Go down

Irish Solidarity Empty Irish Solidarity

Post by Stilpo 2010-05-18, 05:28

From an article by the President of Ireland http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/some-presidential-updates-1372503/1/20

"Making friends is one of the most important things a country can do in erepublik. This past week Santiago Hortez(MoFA) and I have been talking with the Belgian government to engender good relations between our two countries. The British have recently been making threats about a possible invasion of Belgium and while we know the British no longer have the manhood to press the button we feel it is necessary to join in solidarity with the Belgians. If in the exceedingly rare chance they are attacked Ireland will devote every resource to defeating the redcoat and helping our new friends"
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Irish Solidarity Empty Re: Irish Solidarity

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-05-18, 07:38

This could come in handy and it's really nice to have a friend on the international arena.
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-18, 08:56

Nice to have some friends.
Some congrss members or CP should write an article to tighten relations. Maybe some economic cooperation like running 1 or 2 companies in Ireland?

- It's good to have some friends around. It's better if you can keep them around.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-05-18, 09:07

Reaussou wrote:Nice to have some friends.
Some congrss members or CP should write an article to tighten relations. Maybe some economic cooperation like running 1 or 2 companies in Ireland?

- It's good to have some friends around. It's better if you can keep them around.

We are discussing this with them. An article is not needed ^^

And why companies? We can barely make our own economy run...
Apotygma
Apotygma
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-18, 11:25

As a sign of goodwill? Smile
Or they can run companies in our country Razz.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-05-18, 11:38

This could come in handy , a friendship between us and the eIrish , 2 neutral nations , it could realy come in handy in the future.
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 12:02

wow nice, this is a very nice defensive alliance, also because there country isn't that far away from us Razz

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-18, 13:14

I just hope our CP will not do something stupid again and ruin everything.
Neutrality is good but this is a kind of friendship we cannot refuse.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2010-05-18, 15:10

[quote="Apotygma"]
Reaussou wrote:We are discussing this with them. An article is not needed ^^

Not all diplomacy has to happen behind closed doors. It couldn't hurt to write an article explaining our situation to the Irish public as well (unless thier president has requested us not to).

I would write one myself, but I'm afraid of saying something wrong...

Isn't RayCaptain Ambassador to Ireland now?
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-18, 15:34

Stilpo wrote:
Not all diplomacy has to happen behind closed doors. It couldn't hurt to write an article explaining our situation to the Irish public as well (unless thier president has requested us not to).

I ²nd that.

I just hope our CP will not do something stupid again and ruin everything.

Stupid? Again?
If you refer to the eUK relationship test; It wasn't his fault.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2010-05-18, 15:39

It is nice to know that we have good relations with another country. We won't be completely alone now. Smile

Irish Solidarity Flag-Pins-Ireland-Belgium
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-05-18, 15:40

Stupid? Again?
If you refer to the eUK relationship test; It wasn't his fault.

No he's refering to Stilpo.
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-18, 16:09

Yes I was refering to Stilpo.
I still agree whit Apotygma on the eUK case I won't be a hypocritical jerk.
It's just changing our ambassador so suddenly could have damaged our relationship whit eIreland guess I was wrong tho worry that mutch but I still don't agree whit Stilpo removing their was nothing in is articles against the national interest of eBel.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 17:18

It IS nice not being all alone in this great big eWorld.

Maybe someday we can be a founding member of the Non-alignés Organisation du Monde (NOM) cheers
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 17:28

Thore Thoreson wrote:It IS nice not being all alone in this great big eWorld.

Maybe someday we can be a founding member of the Non-alignés Organisation du Monde (NOM) cheers

yeah why don't we start up a neutral alliance where only neutral small countries can participate in, we could start up a project together with ireland and persuade other small neutral countries to join the alliance, and we could work together on economic level

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-05-18, 17:36

the problem is, that you need a big country to take the lead in such an alliance. They tried it with the entente and it has become more or less a PHOENIX alligned alliance.

And Ireland is part of the Brolliance, the Alliance of USA, canada, japan, ireland and australia. There aren't that many independent neutral countries left.
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 18:20

very true, even SOL, which started out as an independent defensive alliance has migrated towards EDEN/Brolliance. Of course getting invaded by Indo probably didn't help.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-18, 19:37

I hope that whit V2 war will be more difficult to start. I mean all internationnal problem doesn't end up in a war.
Maybe they will even reset the national borders because whit news in the armies and news natural resources it will change the whole eworld.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 20:48

Sammy Tanghe wrote:the problem is, that you need a big country to take the lead in such an alliance. They tried it with the entente and it has become more or less a PHOENIX alligned alliance.

And Ireland is part of the Brolliance, the Alliance of USA, canada, japan, ireland and australia. There aren't that many independent neutral countries left.

i wonder then how we manager to survive? i mean is no country intrested in taking belgium over? if not then it says a lot about us and then we don't have a bright future because of the moment that people will attack us we would have to start over again, i mean currently we are weak and personnaly i think we can't stay like this we need a couple of defensive partners.

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-05-18, 21:04

the point atm is, we cost too much and others gain to few in order to invade us.

For PHOENIX: they currently don't need us for strategic reasons and we're too small to be of use in their alliance.

For EDEN/Brolliance: we're too vulnerable to be used as a base against PHOENIX (low population meaning low walls and entirely surrounded by PHOENIX countries meaning we could be attacked anytime anywhere) and again we're too small to be of use in their alliance.

Again, we can survive because we are neutral. Choose a side and Belgium will be in flames. And when somebody invades us, THEN we should choose sides, according to our countries then strategic point which makes them choose for us. Normally we will have time to react then Razz
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 21:17

Sammy Tanghe wrote:the point atm is, we cost too much and others gain to few in order to invade us.

For PHOENIX: they currently don't need us for strategic reasons and we're too small to be of use in their alliance.

For EDEN/Brolliance: we're too vulnerable to be used as a base against PHOENIX (low population meaning low walls and entirely surrounded by PHOENIX countries meaning we could be attacked anytime anywhere) and again we're too small to be of use in their alliance.

Again, we can survive because we are neutral. Choose a side and Belgium will be in flames. And when somebody invades us, THEN we should choose sides, according to our countries then strategic point which makes them choose for us. Normally we will have time to react then Razz

ah i understand, but that means belgium has no international future what so ever, cause either way we are going to lose eventually.

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 21:19

No, either way we have an opening in either alliance, and a potential to make our country very relevant in a non-military way. We just have to figure out how to leverage that potential.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 21:25

Thore Thoreson wrote:No, either way we have an opening in either alliance, and a potential to make our country very relevant in a non-military way. We just have to figure out how to leverage that potential.

haha, yeah its a hard jon, probably the only possible option that we have is to become an important economical player but because we lack in resources that's going to be hard as hell!

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-05-18, 21:27

Not likaly... It's very hard to work together on an economic base, as imort taxes are made in general, and not for trade partners and stuff...
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-18, 21:53

Does it mean we have to do nothing? Neutrality is good but that doesn't mean we have to be isolationist. It's time for eBel to take a bigger place in the eworld. And if we are invaded I sugest the gouvernment to put some gold somewhere just in case we would need it for a RW. But we have to be more ambitious.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 21:58

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Does it mean we have to do nothing? Neutrality is good but that doesn't mean we have to be isolationist. It's time for eBel to take a bigger place in the eworld. And if we are invaded I sugest the gouvernment to put some gold somewhere just in case we would need it for a RW. But we have to be more ambitious.

i agree completly, i mean what's the point otherwise?

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-18, 22:12

The point otherwise is staying neutral and live in peace. Which is a hard and often boring job.

But he who wants to live in peace has to be prepared for war.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 22:22

Reaussou wrote:The point otherwise is staying neutral and live in peace. Which is a hard and often boring job.

But he who wants to live in peace has to be prepared for war.

but you acomplish nothing with that, so there's no point, alright i support the neutral idea, but eBelgium needs to be ambitious and work on a bright future, not staying neutral forever, if a war helps our economy more then there's no point of neutrality, point is with the current eGlobal situation in mind i can understand why we our neutral, but i ask myselfs where's the ambition to help this eCountry? i mean whe have to start working on a couple of projects to let our economie grow faster (our local economy)

Last edited by counterstriker on 2010-05-18, 22:47; edited 1 time in total

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-18, 22:25

The main idea would be to have a babyboom, which needs some action outside of the game. We can stay neutral, but as you say, we can be defendants of other neutral countries...
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-05-18, 22:42

The point right now is to create a fully functionning, well-oiled country, not only economically but also politically. Don't get me wrong, but on many levels we are still a development country Razz International relations are very important, but internal affairs now have a priority, in my opinion. The only thing we should do now is to bond on a cultural and diplomatical level and try to create a feeling of friendship, interest and respect for our ntion and neutrality in other countries abroad. Having potential defenders is important as well, but having PHOENIX, EDEN and Brolliance interested in keeping us uninvolved would probably help find a defender in case a competing alliances will try to conquer us (remember the Croatian situation and the swift reaction from both eSpain and eHungary? Wink ).

As to war - war is a very important element in the game and most players don't consider it a bad thing (since there aren't any actual casualties and such involved), but rather a form of competition to keep the game exciting. War is actually quite important for player retention (most babybooms occur in times of conflicts between countries who have some issues in real life as well) by taking advantage of the feelings of patriotism. RL Belgium doesn't have such RL "enemies" (we like to make fun of the Dutch, but most of us don't have any negative feelings towards them, and so don't they towards us), and we certainly aren't very patriotic in real life either. Plus the language issues... Without a high region and/or membership in a major alliance we will probably always remain a freak nation in the perifery. But at least we're more or less independent and don't take orders from other nations. Either way, every path has som upsides and some downsides.

My point is that we can be ambitious, but we should always stay realistic.

I think even a short article in eBelgium and in eIreland by our officials would be good to inform the general population about the diplomatic ties we're establishing - it would benefit creating the positive attitude towards us in eIreland, and towards the eIrish here Wink
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-18, 22:52

How can we successfully promote our country? A facebook group maybe spaming other forum asking the help of local tv?
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 22:59

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:The point right now is to create a fully functionning, well-oiled country, not only economically but also politically. Don't get me wrong, but on many levels we are still a development country Razz International relations are very important, but internal affairs now have a priority, in my opinion. The only thing we should do now is to bond on a cultural and diplomatical level and try to create a feeling of friendship, interest and respect for our ntion and neutrality in other countries abroad. Having potential defenders is important as well, but having PHOENIX, EDEN and Brolliance interested in keeping us uninvolved would probably help find a defender in case a competing alliances will try to conquer us (remember the Croatian situation and the swift reaction from both eSpain and eHungary? Wink ).

i agree on most points, but the main problem is that even though most party's have some nice ideas about the eBelgium future but not a lot chances when congressman get elected, point is we need to make possible voters more aware of what's going on, people need to know who's willing to be active and willing to give propositions that will not only support our local economy, but also could inprove our international reputation. To accomplish this we need a stable goverment, wich is willing to debate and listen to the public even if there elected.

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 23:02

@Aldous Zamiatin
+1

@Counterstrike
We have been moving towards this. As the memories of HOW and WHY we became independent fade, the newspapers have been slowly moving towards informative and away from accusative.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2010-05-19, 00:01

Aldous

+2
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kheops 2010-05-24, 15:17

Any updates on the diplomatic status of eBelgium? Smile Because I have the impression that it only remains with speculations ...
Kheops
Kheops
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/118082

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-24, 15:41

We are discussing the possibility of joining one of three alliance.
1:Broalliance
2:ENTENTE
3:SOL

My opinion is we shouldn't join any alliance.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Kheops 2010-05-24, 16:04

Thank you for your answer, Xgentis Lempereur,

I have read this discussion on #eBrussels. If I am allowed to add something to that. Of course, being an eIrish citizen, I speak for Broalliance ... but I will not try to convince you, since that is not my job as an ambassador.

With ENTENTE, you have to take Phoenix into account, which, IMO is an aggressive military alliance, with the eUK as a member. Will this work, considering your eBelgium current relations with the eUK?

With SOL, eBelgium would be the first and only European nation to join ... I don't know if SOL would even consider that with any European or even North-American nation...

However, I can only advice you to do what is best for eBelgium. And...if the eIrish government can be of any assistance in the future, do not hesitate to make contact.

Kind Regards
Kheops
Kheops
Kheops
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-05-24, 16:24

With ENTENTE, you have to take Phoenix into account, which, IMO is an aggressive military alliance, with the eUK as a member. Will this work, considering your eBelgium current relations with the eUK?

In my opinion, joining Broalliance would be more a problem towards the eUK than ENTENTE. Just because Broalliance is eUSA and eIrland, two countries that have an even worse relation with them than us.

With SOL, eBelgium would be the first and only European nation to join ... I don't know if SOL would even consider that with any European or even North-American nation...

They asked if we where interested, so i don't see why not. All 3 did in fact, so that rules out this prolbme.
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kheops 2010-05-24, 16:38

Apotygma wrote:In my opinion, joining Broalliance would be more a problem towards the eUK than ENTENTE. Just because Broalliance is eUSA and eIrland, two countries that have an even worse relation with them than us.

If it remains the intention of eBelgium to be a 'neutral' nation, the option would be to join neither of both alliances. Because you do not want ENTENTE or Broalliance against you, which will happen if you join one of them. It is like having a best friend and a worst enemy.

Apotygma wrote:They asked if we where interested, so i don't see why not. All 3 did in fact, so that rules out this prolbme.

If you are certain that offer could benefit eBelgium in a positive way, that is a possibility.

Kind Regards
Kheops
Kheops
Kheops
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kheops 2010-05-24, 16:50

I would like to add the fact that joining an alliance, any alliance, is of course not something that is done over 1 days work. You certainly must find the support of all members ... or at least a majority. About SOL, eBelgian will have, as an only European member, the big disadvantage of its geographical position. That has always been the main reason and an important fact for eBelgium to remain a neutral nation, with strong international support.

Of course you know all of this ... I just wanted to add this from my part.

Kind Regards
Kheops

Last edited by Kheops on 2010-05-24, 16:59; edited 1 time in total
Kheops
Kheops
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-24, 16:57

I couldn't agree more whit you.