eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials

+13
Elynea
Beaver
Yannis
shadowukcs
Stratigos Autokrator
p0lluxx
Fhaemita Malodorous
SX80
boer jan
Jofroi
Cotarius
Kylero
Jeff Sweaters
17 posters

Go down

Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials Empty Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials

Post by Jeff Sweaters 2012-12-18, 03:52

Hey all,

Thanks ahead of time to anyone willing to offer some assistance.

1) I can't seem to upload any profile picture to my profile. Each time I try, a message comes up saying "The pin code must have four characters" I made sure the picture is a square, less than 512 kB, and .jpg format. Any ideas?

2) Here is my situation: I am level 20, out of energy, have already worked, trained, and fought today. Is there anything else I can do without browsing around aimlessly?

3) I am working for $15 per day, but spending much more than that on traveling to fight, food, and weapons. I know I can get some food and weapons from Citizens Packages for a little while more, but after that, how can I find a job that pays enough to keep up with all this?!?

Thanks again!
JS
Jeff Sweaters
Jeff Sweaters
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials Empty Re: Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials

Post by Kylero 2012-12-18, 05:06

1) Not sure, it might be asking you to make a pin to change your profile pic...I'm an oldfag so...its been a while.

2) That's pretty much it. You can get on the IRC and chat with people, or just learn more about the game and our nation here on the forums.

3) Well you can get citizen packs until level 30, which will take you quite a while. You can apply for BNA/BTA and get more supplies. The job market/local economy is pretty weak. The state does a good job at funding its military so if you become a career soldier, you should be set Smile
Kylero
Kylero
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials Empty Re: Some Newb's Questions NOT Covered in Tutorials

Post by Cotarius 2012-12-18, 07:14

Stay as much possible on the same place and try to fight from there.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-12-18, 07:22

1) Sometimes the image updating is not working well and it might only appears after a few hours Wink.

About the ping code, it is likely that you have settled one and therefore when you want to change your profile you have to write it.

2) Most of the eRep activity actually lies on the forum (hum) and on IRC, that's the best place to be active Wink.

3)Economy in eRepublik is screwed so you can hardly expect more than 30-35 BEf, wherever you will work.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sweaters 2012-12-18, 13:43

Aha! Google Chrome was auto-filling the "Enter Security Code" with my email address. Issue has been resolved. Thank you for the help!

JS

Last edited by Jeff Sweaters on 2012-12-18, 13:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Issue Resolved)
Jeff Sweaters
Jeff Sweaters
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by boer jan 2012-12-18, 15:40

Jeff Sweaters wrote:
3) I am working for $15 per day, but spending much more than that on traveling to fight, food, and weapons. I know I can get some food and weapons from Citizens Packages for a little while more, but after that, how can I find a job that pays enough to keep up with all this?!?
most of the time no need to travel, as beginner, do not buy weapons, later on you can, but for the moment it is better to use those for free.
sometimes you can find a well paid job HERE, but do not let you fool by some offers that seems to good to be true, mostly they are a lure.
and do not forget that you have to travel to apply, so calculate if it is really a gain.
boer jan
boer jan
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sweaters 2012-12-20, 02:31

Thanks for all of the answers! Just a few more questions I have come across:

1) Newspapers: Other than self-promotion and advertisement, WHY? Also, how do you search for newspapers or start your own? I can't find a link to newspapers, I only see the stream of recent news at the bottom of my hope page.

2) Gold: Now that I have slowed down leveling up (that was confusing), I am not getting as much gold. I just upgraded my training grounds, and now have zero gold, but one of my missions is to have a weapons factory. Do I really have to wait that whole time to get a new mission? I DO NOT want to pay for gold.

3) What job position for countries serves as the communicator / ambassador to other countries? As you may notice from my posts, I am very detailed, respectful, and clear (though I do not translate well). I think I could do a good job of getting eBelgium "on the map" with other countries so they know about us, what we stand for, and where we are trying to go. That would make us not seem like such a small, weak country, and would help diplomacy. Sign me up!
Jeff Sweaters
Jeff Sweaters
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by SX80 2012-12-20, 11:15

1) self-promotion, congress or cp election programs, advertisements, and most importantly activity and fun.

2) yes, waiting for gold can take a while in the beginning. Train and work daily, or ask other citizens for a loan. Only upgrade during upgrade offers at reduced costs, they come around every so often, and will allow you to upgrade for almost half the gold needed. During those offers you can also ask eBe state for a gold loan (see http://www.erepbelgium.com/t6356-gold-loans-for-special-offers-how-to-must-read).

If you can fight, aim for the first few True Patriot medals when there are fights for eBe, even if you don't reach them now, the damage you do contributes to obtaining it in the future, so always take eBe battles with a priority if you have to choose. Also occassionally additional missions come along that help you get some gold.

3) check with the MoFA, currently MCKitKat
SX80
SX80
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-12-21, 17:58

The main ways to earn gold on long term are the medals:

Hard Worker medals (5 gold every 30 days)
Super Soldiers (depends of your buildings)
Congress Medals (depends if you are elected)
Mercenary medals (but you have to fight a lot)
True Patriot

Other medals are currently out of scope for you and unless you want to play with the monetary market or sell your own products there are no way to make gold.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sweaters 2012-12-23, 18:32

I'll just keep this thread going since I keep coming across questions...

I didn't get a solid answer on my last post regarding the ambassadors, so I'll copy and paste it here again in case there is any more insight:

What job position for countries serves as the communicator / ambassador to other countries? As you may notice from my posts, I am very detailed, respectful, and clear (though I do not translate well). I think I could do a good job of getting eBelgium "on the map" with other countries so they know about us, what we stand for, and where we are trying to go. That would make us not seem like such a small, weak country, and would help diplomacy. Sign me up!

ALSO,

I have temporarily moved to Poland because I am making 29.00 BEF per day working. I noticed that France has jobs at 31.00 BEF per day, but I can't seem to find France on the map. Was it taken over? If so, how are there jobs in France?

Thanks!
JS
Jeff Sweaters
Jeff Sweaters
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-12-23, 21:15

Jeff Sweaters wrote:I have temporarily moved to Poland because I am making 29.00 BEF per day working. I noticed that France has jobs at 31.00 BEF per day, but I can't seem to find France on the map. Was it taken over? If so, how are there jobs in France?

You can't take a job in a country that isn't on the map.
You need to be located in the country to take a job in that country.

Edit
and LOL @ wages in eBE.
Who would want to work for 7 BEF
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SX80 2012-12-23, 21:30

Jeff Sweaters wrote:What job position for countries serves as the communicator / ambassador to other countries? As you may notice from my posts, I am very detailed, respectful, and clear (though I do not translate well). I think I could do a good job of getting eBelgium "on the map" with other countries so they know about us, what we stand for, and where we are trying to go. That would make us not seem like such a small, weak country, and would help diplomacy. Sign me up!

The solid answer is to talk to MCKitKat who is the MoFA (Minister of Foreign Affairs), who can explain you on being an ambassador to other countries. There is no such role in game as far as I know.
SX80
SX80
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by p0lluxx 2012-12-24, 16:41

For the 3rd question : Move in Bulgaria. It's the best place if we are not in fight. You can fight for all their ally (and anyway, all ours)
p0lluxx
p0lluxx
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratigos Autokrator 2012-12-26, 20:05

Jeff Sweaters you should request a mentor from the e-Belgium community...
Someone that will teach you the basics and supply you with weapons/food in a daily basis for some time till you are able to manage. (reach a certain level)

Regarding your ambition of getting e-Belgium on the map..
e-Belgium, just like many other countries is just a satellite that orbits stronger countries.
Stratigos Autokrator
Stratigos Autokrator
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-12-27, 11:27

That's a fancy way of saying "it's utter and complete s***, a country most people don't know even exists and holds no international power or credibility whatsoever"
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-12-27, 12:20

I'm very busy at the moment but I'm normally leading the Belgian Education Academy, so you can also always ask me if you have some questions Wink

1) You are permitted to write what you want in your newspaper as long as it doesn't offend people. So you can use it to advertise yourself in politics, to express your opinion, to make fun, ... it has many purposes, but some people limit themselves to one and become famous in the writing quality about their speciality. For instance, tommot is famous for his objective summaries of elections, Tony Clifford for his CoT (our alliance) reviews, Beaver Juice about experiences and problems a new player encounters (= his own experience), ...

To stay updated about a newspaper, you can always subscribe (there is a button on the top right corner of any article). That way its new articles will appear in your newsfeed at the tab "subscriptions" (the last one). If you want people to see an article you just red because it's interesting, you can vote it up (top left corner) and the most voted actual articles will appear on the first tab of the newsfeed for all to see. The other tabs allow you to search by categories of articles (the category is chosen by the editor). Finally if you want to create our own newspaper: somewhere at the bottom right of a profile you will see his newspaper, if you don't have one go to your profile and at that same place they will offer you to create one (cost: 2 golds if I recall it well)

2) Like others said, the best way to earn gold is through medals. Don't feel obliged to accomplish a mission as fast as possible, they will wait for you. At the moment, the medals you should focus on are the super soldiers, battle heroes and true patriots.

To gain true patriot you just have to perform a certain amount of damage for your country. The first medals are quite easy to get, but the required amount of damage raises for every medal you gain, so don't rely on it in the long run.

To gain battle hero medals you have to do your DO daily in order to store up some bazooka's. (knowing that every bazooka is equal to 30 000 damage for 30 energy) When you see you can easily outperform the best fighter in a battle without to much risks of being outperformed yourself (that's why you better to this at the end of a battle), assemble your bazooka's in your storage and unleash your power. You will gain only 2 gold out of them but BH-medals are easy to get in division 1 (will be a lot harder once you enter in division 2 at level 25). A last point to remember is to only build your bazooka's when you need it as Erep forces you to fight with a weapon if you have one, so if you only have bazooka's in your storage and you want to make your DO's you will waste them for future BH medal's.

The gold you gain should firstly be put into training grounds as Super soldiers becomes your only reliable source of gold later on. You can also put them in your businesses but in the current crisis I would want to warn you to only spend it there if you really know what you're doing after you analyzed the market. You can also ask for a loan of gold to an experienced player you know well, it will boost your strength growth a lot, giving you more gold to pay back and earn later on and making the damaging with conventional weapons easier for future BH/CH medals.

3) Being an ambassador is not an in-game role, but they are needed to stabilize our relations with other countries. If you want to be an ambassador, contact our Minister of Foreign Affairs (currently MCKitKat) and he will probably place you where he needs one. You will just have to enter the forum of the new country, ask for permission to enter like you did here and check regularly to answer all questions they may have, discuss matters about your country and so on.
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaver 2012-12-27, 12:29

Thanks for this Yannis, I learn some things too :p
Beaver
Beaver
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-12-27, 16:58

2) Like others said, the best way to earn gold is through medals. Don't feel obliged to accomplish a mission as fast as possible, they will wait for you. At the moment, the medals you should focus on are the super soldiers, battle heroes and true patriots.

=> Take care, some missions are only available for a short period of time (it is mentionned in the description)
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2012-12-27, 18:09

1) no need the code Pin, you remove it and put your password with your email and you can change your picture (for example)

The code Pin was given at the first connection.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2012-12-29, 23:11

Thank you Yannis and Elynea even I learn things from those questions.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sweaters 2012-12-30, 19:42

Thank you all for your input and help with these somewhat random question. If you can believe it, I have come across another pretty basic question:

If you are trying to get a BH medal, and there is a current battle with relatively low damage so far, how can you know if you should attempt to get the medal? How long do battles last?

Thanks again!
JS
Jeff Sweaters
Jeff Sweaters
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-12-30, 21:28

Battle ends as soon as a country reach 1800 points. The time required is 1h30 if the final score is 1800-0 and around 2h for a score of 1800-1770. The country that has currently more than 50% influence earns points every minutes (I'll not go into further details but that's the main idea).

The methodology to earn a battle hero depends of the division you are fighting for. As I'm not familiar with D1-3 divisions, I'll let other people answers that Wink.

Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaver 2012-12-31, 11:07

You've to verify that the temporary BH player is offline or if he's online, be sure that is not a gold buyer (level 23, 20 BH, 15 uses of rockets = gold buyer...).

You've to do weinig damages during the battle and keep all the bazookas, rockets, etc. for the end. You've to estimate your power and send all in the two or the last minut(s).
Beaver
Beaver
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-12-31, 14:07

Jofroi wrote:Battle ends as soon as a country reach 1800 points. The time required is 1h30 if the final score is 1800-0 and around 2h for a score of 1800-1770. The country that has currently more than 50% influence earns points every minutes (I'll not go into further details but that's the main idea).

The methodology to earn a battle hero depends of the division you are fighting for. As I'm not familiar with D1-3 divisions, I'll let other people answers that Wink.

Basically, everything is said.

Battles are divided in continual ticks every 1 mins, the country having the superiority then gains points according to the length of the battle:

0-30 minutes into the battle, 10 points at every minute;
31-60 minutes into the battle, 20 points at every minute;
61-90 minutes into the battle; 30 points at every minute;
91-120 minutes into the battle, 60 points at every minute.

So yes, Battles minimum length is 90 mins and max 120 mins.

I would advise you to follow Beaver's instructions, he made of BH-medals gathering his speciality Smile

Oh, and for the medals, I forgot that you also gain gold by your workermedal (every month if you work every day). There is also the Congress medal but we prefer you to run for Congress if you're ready to do politics seriously rather than for gold Wink

Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by Taranis Honorius 2013-03-21, 21:42

As a new player. Should you start a company and if so, how do you decide which one?

Taranis Honorius
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miszi 2013-03-21, 21:51

Taranis Honorius wrote:As a new player. Should you start a company and if so, how do you decide which one?
At that time it don't have sense. The only one companies that are profitable are Q6 and Q7. If you really wanna something choose RAW places not factories there are way more profitable than factories, but by first weeks of game better try to save some money.
Miszi
Miszi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2013-03-21, 21:55

Miszi wrote:
Taranis Honorius wrote:As a new player. Should you start a company and if so, how do you decide which one?
At that time it don't have sense. The only one companies that are profitable are Q6 and Q7. If you really wanna something choose RAW places not factories there are way more profitable than factories, but by first weeks of game better try to save some money.

What he means is, if you really want to build companies build those producing food raw material / weapon raw material instead of the ones transforming them in food/weapons.

I really advise you to put your gold into your training grounds though, more strength/day means more SuperSoldiers medals means more gold, way more profitable.
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat 2013-03-21, 22:03

Yannis wrote:
Miszi wrote:

What he means is, if you really want to build companies build those producing food raw material / weapon raw material instead of the ones transforming them in food/weapons.

I really advise you to put your gold into your training grounds though, more strength/day means more SuperSoldiers medals means more gold, way more profitable.

But you shoudln't forget that before thinking of making profit you should self sustain yourself, that means produce enough food and weapons for your personal use. Then you can expand and sell. Like that you have not to pay for food and weapons. You won't see many profits though because of the current economic model.
MCKitkat
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2013-03-21, 22:24

MCKitkat wrote:
But you shoudln't forget that before thinking of making profit you should self sustain yourself, that means produce enough food and weapons for your personal use. Then you can expand and sell. Like that you have not to pay for food and weapons. You won't see many profits though because of the current economic model.

I have another opinion about this: being self-sustainable is something you can be way faster by upgrading Training Grounds and convert some of the gold into BEF via the Monetary Market. This because the economical crisis brought at least one advantage: cheap prices for low-quality food/weapons.
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by NicknameFromRonny 2013-03-22, 08:38

For starters: ask for your Citizen Pack. http://www.erepbelgium.com/t8691-citizen-packs-day-1948#174865

Free food and weaps!
NicknameFromRonny
NicknameFromRonny
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2013-03-22, 22:32

Yannis wrote:
I have another opinion about this: being self-sustainable is something you can be way faster by upgrading Training Grounds and convert some of the gold into BEF via the Monetary Market. This because the economical crisis brought at least one advantage: cheap prices for low-quality food/weapons.

I agree with Yannis on this. It might be more complicated to do it than to work for yourself, but it is much more profitable (at least you won't lose money while working in your company :p)
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down