eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Spy's story

+5
shadowukcs
Apotygma
Manong Z
Velitia
Gibberish45
9 posters

Go down

A Spy's story Empty A Spy's story

Post by Gibberish45 2010-06-04, 00:22

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/a-spy-s-story-1400119/1/20

Very interesting article, Belgium get's name dropped as well. Super secret espionage FTW!
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

A Spy's story Empty Re: A Spy's story

Post by Velitia 2010-06-04, 03:22

We should start an intelligence program, send a few people overseas and eventually have them become CPs and ally with us or steal the national treasury for eBelgium.. idk...
Velitia
Velitia
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2010-06-04, 03:25

We do have an intelligence program. Smile It was headed by me when I was still alive.

We had a secret forum and a cool name and motto too. Razz

"In Silence We Preserve Freedom." (which were totally copied from somewhere)

http://ebeparty.forumotion.com/forum.htm
(it's a belgian party forum in the surface)

Who wants to take over? Contact me.
Manong Z
Manong Z
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-04, 07:22

Velitia wrote:We should start an intelligence program, send a few people overseas and eventually have them become CPs and ally with us or steal the national treasury for eBelgium.. idk...

lol
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 18:31

Velitia wrote:We should start an intelligence program, send a few people overseas and eventually have them become CPs and ally with us or steal the national treasury for eBelgium.. idk...

you clearly have no clue of how intelligence services word in erep....
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Velitia 2010-06-05, 23:54

Intelligence in eRepublik is mainly for military reasons as people go undercover to get tactical information about where they are going to strike next or whatever. A good spy will join Congress, Get Ministery positions, obtain chairman of an Alliance, become a CP, or even become the Head of an Alliance like the British Spy and Eden.
Velitia
Velitia
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2010-06-06, 01:02

Velitia wrote:

Intelligence in eRepublik is mainly for military reasons as people go undercover to get tactical information about where they are going to strike next or whatever. A good spy will join Congress, Get Ministery positions, obtain chairman of an Alliance, become a CP, or even become the Head of an Alliance like the British Spy and Eden.

Shadow was the head of British Intel and was an EDEN spy. Lol.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Velitia 2010-06-06, 05:58

We should get a Belgian as head of eNL. Have them give them their national treasury to us and have the president retreat all regions in a war before impeachment. It would be fun until they kicked our arses later for it.
Velitia
Velitia
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-06, 10:27

Velitia wrote:

erep spying is more then just going undercover. E-rep is one big town and everyone knows everyone, they pick you right out and the chances of winning a CP election, becoming a MoD or Mofa or becoming head of a alliance when you used to fight for the other side are extremely small. (unless your name is dish or something)

Congress is easier to get in, but congress is filled with BS anyway. I always left congress spy's to the "amateur" intel directors.

you have to start a new account and work your way up from 0, but that's something that takes months to achieve, takes lots of time and cunning, with extremely minimal chances of success,...

but then there are of course other ways to gain access to aliance/country forums.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-06-06, 13:50

Manong Rizal wrote:We do have an intelligence program. Smile It was headed by me when I was still alive.

I'm actually considering contacting you Manong.
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-06, 16:13

Mike Wooldridge wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:We do have an intelligence program. Smile It was headed by me when I was still alive.

it's useless and unwise to organise something like this in a country like eBelgium and I don't see the need of it either.

A) we have what? 20 active ppl on this forum? that aint gonna cut it. Most haven't been here for more then a year. That isn't spymaterial.
B) Not meaning to offend you, but I doubt you even know how to start. If you don't have the experience, it's very hard to get into that little world. No matter how cool your motto is, if you don't know the tricks, it's all useless.
C) allot of info you get trough foreign contacts. It's all about the "I throw you a bone, you give me something"-show. If you don't have good contacts with all the leaders of the different alliances, you aint going to get far.
D) if you do somehow manage to overcome points A,B and C and you set up a somewhat decent Intel agency, you'll get hacked for sure.

The reason why I think it's unwise for a country like eBelgium to have an Int Serv is because when you get caught spying on another country, and you yourself are a small country like eBelgium, you WILL get reaction on it. Make no mistake, confirmed spies in your congress is not something citizens easily forget. That might not be in the form of a attack, but the next time you'll need help for something or want to join one of their alliances, they will remember that you are the country that spied on them.

I also don't really see the need of this. explain me, why at the moment is a treat to us? France? they aren't going to attack. eNL? I think we have enough ppl there who would tell us if they plan on doing something. UK? Don't really see it happening either, plus there isn't much we could do against them. Not to mention that I would know if eUK would make a move.

don't mean to burst your bubble or to offend you, I just think that we could use our time and manpower on more useful matters
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2010-06-06, 16:16

shadowukcs wrote:
Mike Wooldridge wrote:

it's useless and unwise to organise something like this in a country like eBelgium and I don't see the need of it either.

A) we have what? 20 active ppl on this forum? that aint gonna cut it. Most haven't been here for more then a year. That isn't spymaterial.
B) Not meaning to offend you, but I doubt you even know how to start. If you don't have the experience, it's very hard to get into that little world. No matter how cool your motto is, if you don't know the tricks, it's all useless.
C) allot of info you get trough foreign contacts. It's all about the "I throw you a bone, you give me something"-show. If you don't have good contacts with all the leaders of the different alliances, you aint going to get far.
D) if you do somehow manage to overcome points A,B and C and you set up a somewhat decent Intel agency, you'll get hacked for sure.

The reason why I think it's unwise for a country like eBelgium to have an Int Serv is because when you get caught spying on another country, and you yourself are a small country like eBelgium, you WILL get reaction on it. Make no mistake, confirmed spies in your congress is not something citizens easily forget. That might not be in the form of a attack, but the next time you'll need help for something or want to join one of their alliances, they will remember that you are the country that spied on them.

I also don't really see the need of this. explain me, why at the moment is a treat to us? France? they aren't going to attack. eNL? I think we have enough ppl there who would tell us if they plan on doing something. UK? Don't really see it happening either, plus there isn't much we could do against them. Not to mention that I would know if eUK would make a move.

don't mean to burst your bubble or to offend you, I just think that we could use our time and manpower on more useful matters

Indeed! Been there... LOL
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2010-06-06, 16:22

Good luck Gibberish45 ... :-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin