eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy Betrays Mexico

+7
Xgentis Lempereur
ThomasRED
Zarsky
HuCard
Sammy Tanghe
Fhaemita Malodorous
M.Leviathin
11 posters

Go down

Italy Betrays Mexico Empty Italy Betrays Mexico

Post by M.Leviathin 2010-06-24, 10:12

What are our feelings on this action? You know, considering they are both Entente members. I think that Itlay should not have done that, but I don't think there's anything we could have done to stop them. silent
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Italy Betrays Mexico Empty Re: Italy Betrays Mexico

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-06-24, 11:23

what happend anyway?
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-06-24, 13:53

If I look at the map now:
- Spain attacks italy in sardinia and mexico in SE mexico (no entente warnings on this yet? o.O). The goal in Mexico is prolly getting a new high resource (oil) to makr up for the loss of aquitaine and RA. The assault on italy is most likely a drain to have entente/PHX spread their damage.
- Poland invades scotland at last and will try to cross the atlantic. They can rent high resources in canada or the states to feed their workless landpeeps after the loss of RA. That's why their are also numerous side attacks on PHX lands: swe on germany, croatia, romania and china on serbia, a rw in RA and an attack by romania against hungary, canada against france. Curious to the result now: will poland get into Americas? Razz
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HuCard 2010-06-24, 13:56

Italy is a traitor. They signed an MPP with Mexico so that Spain could attack them, activate the MPP, and thus be able to invade Mexico without having to declare a costly war first.
I presume Italy will soon leave the Entente and join EDEN instead. I must say I am deeply disappointed.
HuCard
HuCard
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://holyromanempire.blog126.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-06-24, 14:49

HuCard wrote:Italy is a traitor. They signed an MPP with Mexico so that Spain could attack them, activate the MPP, and thus be able to invade Mexico without having to declare a costly war first.
I presume Italy will soon leave the Entente and join EDEN instead. I must say I am deeply disappointed.

now I get the attack o.O interesting ...

What I expect now to happen:
- Spain will conquer SE Mexico. That Battle is pretty doomed.
- Once they got SE mexico, they will probably turn it in a base asap.
- Venezuela was also in the MPP list with Italy, aka there is an open war between venezuela and spain, no MPP's activated yet. Spain won't attack the homeland of Venezuela, but the MPP's won't trigger if they advance in Mexican held lands ...

This could even get more serious: if poland manages to cross the atlantic (and, at this moment, why not?), it is possible for them to go through canada and the USA straight to the mexican border, saying hello to the spanish who have been there already for a while, swap through till at columbia and try to get themselves to peru for the High iron region there. Poland on the border with brazil ...
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarsky 2010-06-24, 14:50

With Italy's departure (or banishment, whatever's going to happen), Ukraine will probably smarten up and try to get rid of the Russian PTO, and leave the ENTENTE for EDEN as well. That leaves us with Venezuela (not a core member), France and Belgium. (Paraguay too, I guess). France will then find the alliance useless, and will join one of the two super alliances. So Italy decided to break up ENTENTE, or hasten the process at least.
Zarsky
Zarsky
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2010-06-24, 15:12

Zarsky wrote:With Italy's departure (or banishment, whatever's going to happen), Ukraine will probably smarten up and try to get rid of the Russian PTO, and leave the ENTENTE for EDEN as well. That leaves us with Venezuela (not a core member), France and Belgium. (Paraguay too, I guess). France will then find the alliance useless, and will join one of the two super alliances. So Italy decided to break up ENTENTE, or hasten the process at least.

That's not exactly true and what you describe won't happen like this...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-06-24, 15:49

ThomasRED wrote:
That's not exactly true and what you describe won't happen like this...

How do you think it will happen then?
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-24, 16:04

I sence shadowukcs will come and say "I told you so". lol
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-24, 16:14

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:I sence shadowukcs will come and say "I told you so". lol

lol before I read you post I was thinking, I got to write "told ya so" in this tread Laughing Laughing Laughing

but a sad day indeed. Just like I predicted, Entente is doomed and has always been doomed. That's the problem with alliances where you have 1 or 2 strong members + a bunch of week members: The big members can do what they want and the smaller ones are forced to follow. And if the big members want to screw the alliance over, then the small countries can't do shit. (in contrary to big alliances where the strength of others is what prevents the nations from fcking with the alliance, see how former ATLANTIS nations got back (and still get back in the form of trolling) on eUK for their betrayal.)

ThomasRED: what zarsky says is exactly what will happen. We all know it was a matter of time before Ukraine left. This will probably the final blow.

France is now the only strong nation in the alliance (ea the babysit). The must have realised by now that all the projects they had (MM program, mobile army,...) will all be impossible. What good is the alliance for them then? You've seen the referendum. They want to leave, this is only one more push for the "leave"-camp.

also

Told ya so
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2010-06-24, 17:13

Activate your spy network shadowukcs, you will maybe be very surprise...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuCard 2010-06-24, 17:28

Spain just attacked Venezuela as well, having now conquered Southeast Mexico. http://www.erepublik.com/en/battles/show/10931
HuCard
HuCard
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://holyromanempire.blog126.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-06-24, 17:30

you rly run ahead of things now, don't ya, shadow? Razz I haven't seen an official withdrawal from ENTENTE message from the UKr. president or an ukrainian official yet. And the referendum was in favour of entente, it only wasn't representative for the french opinion since too few voters went voting ...

anyway, let's not decide hasty with this and watch the situation first ...
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-24, 18:34

But what if the Entente is disolved what will we do? It still early to say anything but maybe it's time to consider the possibility of the end of the Entente.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-24, 18:52

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:But what if the Entente is disolved what will we do? It still early to say anything but maybe it's time to consider the possibility of the end of the Entente.

Don't worry, we are working on that. Not all ENTENTE countries want to leave
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-24, 19:09

ThomasRED wrote:Activate your spy network shadowukcs, you will maybe be very surprise...

if you'd actually read what I've been writing for months you know I don't have a intel network anymore. I mean it's not like I've said it at least a dozen times since I got back or anything...

and my exams are over, I think any normal student should be more drunk then sober around this time.

Sammy Tanghe wrote:you rly run ahead of things now, don't ya, shadow? Razz I haven't seen an official withdrawal from ENTENTE message from the UKr. president or an ukrainian official yet. And the referendum was in favour of entente, it only wasn't representative for the french opinion since too few voters went voting ...

anyway, let's not decide hasty with this and watch the situation first ...

I'm just giving a prediction. Let's wait and see what happens. It's no secret Ukraine wants out. Speak to any RL Ukraine and they'll tell you they absolutely hate Entente. It's just coz they are kept in line by a few Russians that they stay in.

And the referendum was a jolly bit of amusement, with the majority of French not even knowing it existed till the results where already in.

And even if Entente stays, I mean what does it mean? nothing. It's a completely empty shell. Entente = france with some tiny countries hanging on, not contributing. That's Entente for you. We can't set up a mobile army (since now only France can supply soldiers), a MM project? With what? France + a handfull of active citizens in the other nations? Economic cooperation? lol Protection? from who? We are in a alliance with nations who can't protect their own soil, let alone that of others!!

No, now that Italy is out, what use does Entente still has. I would love to see Thomasred answer me that question.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-24, 19:12

Apotygma wrote:
Xgentis Lempereur wrote:But what if the Entente is disolved what will we do? It still early to say anything but maybe it's time to consider the possibility of the end of the Entente.

Don't worry, we are working on that. Not all ENTENTE countries want to leave

please... please tell me, for the love of dio, spam and eternal trolling, that you have actually learned your lesson and that you aren't really considering making the same mistake by joining a alliance of failed nations again, should Entente fall apart... seriously apo, you must be joking, right?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-24, 19:13

f you'd actually read what I've been writing for months you know I don't have a intel network anymore. I mean it's not like I've said it at least a dozen times since I got back or anything...

and my exams are over, I think any normal student should be more drunk then sober around this time.

Ask around like you always do, that is more what he ment. Also, I bet you still have contact with your old spies. Bet the network is still active and that only another person took everything over.
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2010-06-24, 19:14

If the question is : what use does Entente still has, i dont understand it very well... But maybe i can anwer : not italy ? :-S (even if it's not official yet).

Too bad you can't run for SG this month, Entente could use your experience ?

I know you dont have a intel network working, thats why i said : Activate.

But you will see...
I'm not promising you that Entente will defeat Romania or Hungary and its alliance alone next month, but you should be surprised, and in a good way...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-24, 19:28

Apotygma wrote:
f you'd actually read what I've been writing for months you know I don't have a intel network anymore. I mean it's not like I've said it at least a dozen times since I got back or anything...

Ask around like you always do, that is more what he meant. Also, I bet you still have contact with your old spies. Bet the network is still active and that only another person took everything over.

meh, lots have stopped, others I have barely contact with. And none of my spies knew of each others identity. Plus, like I said, I've just got exams and "fin d'examens" behind (and ahead ) of me, I really don't have the time anymore to hand around on IRC and msn 24/7 like I used to.

ThomasRED wrote:If the question is : what use does Entente still has, i dont understand it very well... But maybe i can anwer : not italy ? :-S (even if it's not official yet).

Too bad you can't run for SG this month, Entente could use your experience ?

I know you dont have a intel network working, thats why i said : Activate.

But you will see...
I'm not promising you that Entente will defeat Romania or Hungary and its alliance alone next month, but you should be surprised, and in a good way...

I'll rephrase my question: what can Entente still mean for Belgium? Now that 50% (france being the other half) of it's military strength and a shitload of ATO'ers has just fallen off?
If you look at Entente, what remains then now that Italy is gone?
What is entente military wise?
What is entente economically?
What is entente socially?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-24, 20:34

And if the Entente die we will be alone again.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2010-06-25, 00:25

Actually, after reading up on the situation, it seems that the title for this thread is misleading. From what I understand, Italy only allowed Spain to go through into Mexico because Mexico is currently under PTO. Seeing how Mexico is not in control of its own country, they don't see it as betraying another alliance member. They also did it to piss off Phoenix for the Rhone Alps thing going on. Surprised
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2010-06-25, 01:11

Oh lawd somebody done gone and messed up... Oh wait that's the person above me ^_^

Anyway, yeah I guess it's a great thing that Italy isn't a backstabber. Meaning that... hang one second... *Takes shadow's "I told you so" and gives it back* ^_^ there ya go buddy!

Anyway, this means ENTENTE is still together and we still have a chance to make something great out of this.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-25, 10:56

meh, tomorrow, next week or the week after, eventually that alliance will fall.

Either way, it would have been nice if the guy actually responsible for informing the public about this... you know the congress representative... the dude we elected for this shit, could have given us a heads up 2 days ago or something.

off-topic: fck, never mix vodka, wine and beer... hungovers are gigantic....
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_Peeters 2010-06-27, 09:51

shadowukcs wrote:

off-topic: fck, never mix vodka, wine and beer... hungovers are gigantic....

We told ya so ^^

Kevin_Peeters
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down