eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eUK president impeached

Go down

eUK president impeached Empty eUK president impeached

Post by shadowukcs 2010-08-22, 13:42

http://forums.erepublik.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=55053

Congress of the eUK, I am handing you today my resignation as Country President, effective as of 6:30am 23rd of August (24 hour vote in game until the buttons will be transferred). Unfortunately the only way to resign as President is to be impeached. If there was a resign button I would have gladly pushed it. You will see in game there is an impeachment vote up already. I asked Johnobrow to kindly propose my impeachment and I would like to thank him for it. He has helped me take the first step to reclaiming my sanity. This is an unprecedented move in the eUK I know, but I do not feel I am able to serve out my term at even half my normal ability.

I am personally burnt out and find it a struggle to log into eRep any more. This game no longer holds interest for me. I feel too invested in something which no longer brings me joy. It is supposed to be a game after all. I have had to deal with some pretty trying events during my term. My first day in office saw half of Phoenix Presidents hacked, my money stolen and the feeling that my account could at any time be compromised again. Gold I had built up for an age, lost. The admins have yet to return it and I have yet to receive any kind of apology for their security breach. Dishmcds summed it up best when he said, ‘I’m tired of giving a shit about a game that doesn’t give a shit about itself’. The Community and the things I still wanted to achieve were only things that has kept me going for these past months. The hack was a huge blow to me and made me question why I do bother logging into this game.

The only responsible and fair thing I can do for the eUK now is to resign and give up power so a President who still has drive and interest in this game can take the reigns. I approached a few MPs asking them if they would start the vote, and some said they would rather have an inactive CP than my successor. I would ask you to give him your support for the remainder of this term. The Syrup miners still draw breathe.

I learnt in December when I took a month break from eRepublik that clean breaks don’t always work when I found myself again logging in, working and training. I am not leaving the forums or irc, although I will be letting my account die in game.

This is not a rage quit. I would have gone out with a bang if it were. Lord only knows I’ve had many opportunities to do so this term. This is just me saying, I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired about this game.

To my friends that I have already spoken to, thank you for your counsel. To those I haven’t spoken to yet, <3.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/United-Kingdom/law/43748

Next in line is Jamesw, a huge dick if you ask me, but soit.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down