eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GD]open letter to the ebelgium government

+9
Antiko
oXyTeC
Rod Damon
shadowukcs
Olv007
Baab
patar333
Apotygma
palodigon
13 posters

Go down

[GD]open letter to the ebelgium government Empty [GD]open letter to the ebelgium government

Post by palodigon 2010-02-12, 00:09

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/open-letter-to-the-ebelgium-government-1196953/1/20
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

[GD]open letter to the ebelgium government Empty Re: [GD]open letter to the ebelgium government

Post by Apotygma 2010-02-12, 00:20

Easier to say than to do something.

For the moment we have no funds, this not only because congressmen didn't want to transfer it (needed a contract) but they then waited more than a week to raise objections. This slowed the proces down.

Secondly, it is hard to set up a country from scatch. You have nothing to start from, nothing at all. With this, everybody disagreas with what the other sais (or mostly) which doesn't help the debate to go further.

Thirdy, some topcis are reponed again and again (like your tax proposal it was discussed 2 weeks before or in another topic) which doesn't help because you need to repeat yourself each time.

Forth, we can't do anything without funds. I can't set up companies, Defense (mainly ThomasRED) have been working on a structur, recrtuiement froms but they can't go further as they have no funds either. Baab is working right now on a way to contact and inform young citizens, the only one that didn't do much from what I know is MofA (but it seems we don't have one). So please don't say we do nothing, we are working, but we are currently blocked due to the lack of funds.

And, a lot of topcis where already discussed, we planned to keep taxes like they were or change it a little (but not RAWS). So, tell us what you want us to do because I don't see it. You say we did nothing but we are working !

Ho yeah, about the funds, we are working on that and tomorrow their will normally be some imporvments.

So, basicly : find us money and we will be able to start working.

Ho yeah about the vote : we were discussing the rules to set up. If we imposed them it would be a mess also.
Apotygma
Apotygma
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

[GD]open letter to the ebelgium government Empty Re: [GD]open letter to the ebelgium government

Post by patar333 2010-02-12, 00:23

i can put some funds in this as i said in the other topic section. I will support yo in any way.
patar333
patar333
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baab 2010-02-12, 11:19

Let me tell you something, here it is not eUNL... We do not landed in a country as beautiful and stable.

Here, we start from scratch! Reviving the economy and attract all belgian in a good and interesting country is no small matter. It will take time and if you done everything for us do not succeed, the eBelgium disappear as quickly as it reappeared.
Baab
Baab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2010-02-12, 13:50

Thanks patar33, all funds are welcome.

Palodigon, I want things to move on. So I will need to take some decissions to achieve that.

No talks anymore but acting. that's what this country need.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by palodigon 2010-02-12, 14:05

Me and creveroeland had to form a country from scratch too last time belgium was independant. We had nothing but we did great. We did things.
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2010-02-12, 14:20

Yes, and you did a good job.

Now we are between some alliances and people try to block us. VERY difficult to achieve things in those conditions.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by palodigon 2010-02-12, 14:23

We had the same conditions.

there's no need for selfcompation. Let's just make the best out of this crappy situation
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2010-02-12, 14:30

Ok, no time for selfcompation. Let's move on and let's do it today.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-02-12, 14:32

Palodigon in right. What has happened in the past 2 (3 weeks?) that you've been power? Nothing. Me and wektras have proposed a military strucutre ages ago, when is it going to be chosen? What about the taxes policies Jason and apotygma have been debating? When are we going to conclude on that?

And how long does it take to make up one single contract for the BNB?? Is it really that much to ask that the president or MoF asks around or sends a PM to the Admins?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2010-02-12, 14:35

shadowukcs wrote:Palodigon in right. What has happened in the past 2 (3 weeks?) that you've been power? Nothing. Me and wektras have proposed a military strucutre ages ago, when is it going to be chosen? What about the taxes policies Jason and apotygma have been debating? When are we going to conclude on that?

And how long does it take to make up one single contract for the BNB?? Is it really that much to ask that the president or MoF asks around or sends a PM to the Admins?

Read the forum first. Oh, and here a quote from what I have posted today ingame:

@Shadowukcs:

"Havn't we helped out in the past? Haven't we helped out with getting the previous Romanian president impeached so you could get power?"
=> Some did, but 4 people voted against the impeachment. But hey, if you want to hear it: THANK YOU!

"Hasn't jason been constructive with taxes debates?"
Yes, he is as even constructive as a doggy that drinks milk and run after mousses. Do you want me to post some of his 'constructive' comments from the forum here?

"Haven't I been helpful with setting up a political and military structure?
=> Yes, I told you I liked the structure and I planned to talk about it with the MoD. Oh wait... there is no MoD anymore because you people voted him out of the government. Now I have to find another one and that cannot be done in one day.

"Wasn't is us that made negotiations about returning Walonia?"
=> I REALLY don't know who did those negotiations. I contacted the Spanish CP but received no answer. And a few days later suddenly Wallonia was there. I though it was my Birthday present.

"Fact is, what have you done so far? What changed have you brought so far? Other then make a government where half the ppl in it are filled with idiots?"
=> Whoa... almost nothing. Just gave some of my personal money to buy the hospital, started a land training company for the people who had no jobs anymore after some EDEN people fired them, reopening 2 other training companies in manufacturing so those people can also have work, donate some of my personal money to create the national bank, creating the contract for the national bank that you people still 'think' it's not good because every congress member need to sign it and therefore blocking us the possibility to have a training war one day, proposing a new welcome message for new citizens,... yes, I did nothing until now. I really should be impeached...
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Damon 2010-02-12, 16:03

Olv007,

1) That people chose to vote differently then you would want is a sign of a democracy. Since the game has a secret vote and no need for public declaration we never know for 100% certainty who voted and how they voted. The vote DID pass, and you know as well as anyone else that it did so with the backing of at least the majority of the congressmen you seem to rile about.
2) That there are voices that dissent or question opinion in government is a sign of a healthy democracy. Wanting everyone to do as they are told and follow orders is not a democracy. That someone is taking the time to express their views and questions should be applauded, especially since many do not take the time to do so, which you have also expressed your dissatisfaction with, at least in terms regarding to your perceived "opposition".
3) The MoD matter may in your view be the fault of Congress, but please try to keep in mind that it was your choice of the same individual for two key roles that started the issue, especially when the individual has such strong obvious leanings that do not serve the cause of long term Belgian Independence and viability.
4) No, I don't think it was a birthday present, nor do I think it was done on the behalf of any Phoenix supporters. We will just have to leave that to you to figure out who might be left.
5) Yes, you did temporarily loan the money, which was then paid back (albeit after a little confusion) and as others have done, you have created some companies to help develop the economy. If I had not expressed it previously, thank you for those acts.

I think the thrust of Shadowukcs words were concerning what you have done as President, not as an individual. Proposing things is the first step, it is in terms of accomplishments, that is where I believe, he finds your performance in office lacking.
Rod Damon
Rod Damon
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-02-12, 16:06

Rod Damon wrote:Olv007,

1) That people chose to vote differently then you would want is a sign of a democracy. Since the game has a secret vote and no need for public declaration we never know for 100% certainty who voted and how they voted. The vote DID pass, and you know as well as anyone else that it did so with the backing of at least the majority of the congressmen you seem to rile about.
2) That there are voices that dissent or question opinion in government is a sign of a healthy democracy. Wanting everyone to do as they are told and follow orders is not a democracy. That someone is taking the time to express their views and questions should be applauded, especially since many do not take the time to do so, which you have also expressed your dissatisfaction with, at least in terms regarding to your perceived "opposition".
3) The MoD matter may in your view be the fault of Congress, but please try to keep in mind that it was your choice of the same individual for two key roles that started the issue, especially when the individual has such strong obvious leanings that do not serve the cause of long term Belgian Independence and viability.
4) No, I don't think it was a birthday present, nor do I think it was done on the behalf of any Phoenix supporters. We will just have to leave that to you to figure out who might be left.
5) Yes, you did temporarily loan the money, which was then paid back (albeit after a little confusion) and as others have done, you have created some companies to help develop the economy. If I had not expressed it previously, thank you for those acts.

I think the thrust of Shadowukcs words were concerning what you have done as President, not as an individual. Proposing things is the first step, it is in terms of accomplishments, that is where I believe, he finds your performance in office lacking.

deleted my message coz this is much much better put.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by oXyTeC 2010-02-12, 16:09

Rome was built in a day :-p

so Belgium cant be that hard

ow wait it wasn't
things need time to develop, constant questioning and critique isn't going to speed it up, infact it will most likely slow it down further

tho perhaps a more organized way might help Wink
oXyTeC
oXyTeC
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2010-02-12, 16:48

We try oXyTec...
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by palodigon 2010-02-12, 17:56

oXyTeC wrote:Rome was built in a day :-p

ow wait it wasn't
things need time to develop, constant questioning and critique isn't going to speed it up, infact it will most likely slow it down further

Rome wasn't build in a day, true dat

But Rome wasn't build by people sitting in a chair all day japping about something almost irrelevant.

And are you actually saying that one shouldn't criticise on his government? Are you really saying that it is useless and shouldn't be done?

Please tell me you were joking.
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-02-12, 18:01

Rome was build by twins with a fetish for wolfboobs...

Do we have anyone like that?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by oXyTeC 2010-02-12, 18:16

palodigon wrote:
oXyTeC wrote:Rome was built in a day :-p

ow wait it wasn't

Rome wasn't build in a day, true dat

But Rome wasn't build by people sitting in a chair all day japping about something almost irrelevant.

And are you actually saying that one shouldn't criticise on his government? Are you really saying that it is useless and shouldn't be done?

Please tell me you were joking.

Most of the time on this forum it is
same as in real life
much talk little to show for it
which is also true for the opposition

the current government needs some clear rules and enforce/stand by em

shadowukcs wrote:
Rome was build by twins with a fetish for wolfboobs...

Do we have anyone like that?

Some might come close Wink
oXyTeC
oXyTeC
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiko 2010-02-13, 01:55

yea so eden forces asked there eden friends to give back wallonia we now owe them something????
with the freedom of wallonia we got some extra american guys joining every day.
i dont say that american guys cant have a heart for belgium,
but the ammount off americans joining these days is a bit much to believe they all have the best for the country (last 24 hours we got 3 americans joining forum).
Antiko
Antiko
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish45 2010-02-13, 03:32

I want the best for belgium Smile
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarastlad 2010-02-13, 03:35

Gibberish45 wrote:I want the best for belgium Smile

Jarastlad likes that
Jarastlad
Jarastlad
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-02-13, 09:49

honderdjaar wrote:but the ammount off americans joining these days is a bit much to believe they all have the best for the country (last 24 hours we got 3 americans joining forum).

Wow, you mean the full 3 amount on a forum that just gotten started and in which I posted the link to on their forums????

Wow man!! quickly run for shelter before this place will become so crowded they'll set up Mc'Donalds and replace soccer with Am. Football

Seriously tho, 3 ppl??? Once your forum starts to become a bit more known, you have a average of 20 ppl joining (like eUK forums)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Shenken 2010-02-13, 11:08

We don't need to compare ourselves with the eUK. It's like comparing the supporters of Roeselare with Anderlecht (two Belgian soccer teams and I have nothing against Roeselare). A better example for comparison would probably be the eUNL.
Shenken
Shenken
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-02-13, 11:24

Shenken wrote:We don't need to compare ourselves with the eUK. It's like comparing the supporters of Roeselare with Anderlecht (two Belgian soccer teams and I have nothing against Roeselare). A better example for comparison would probably be the eUNL.

no indeed, but the point I'm making is that when you are setting up a forum in e-republik, it's normal that ppl join it on a daily basis. And it's even more normal ppl join when your forum has just been set up. They will all want to check this out.

Does it matter who joins up on this forum? I don't think so. Everyone is welcome here, right?

Also, 3 ppl joining up per day in this new stage of our country is actually very low. We should get that number up drastically (by at least 10 to 20 ppl)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish45 2010-02-13, 14:34

[GD]open letter to the ebelgium government 61

Too late! Twisted Evil
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-02-13, 17:45

hmmmm, it seems like those Americans are taking over

commence operation Scare them away:

Dear Americans

Before settling here we must notify you of a few matters.

-We do not have a president, we have a king. He's very old, a little senile and likes wasting tax payers money on porches, Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. His oldest son (the crownprince) is a little retard who, when asked about the sex of his newly born daughter replies with: "it's a female" (not 'its a girl" or something like that... no, just like you would describe a animal with "its a female")

-you cannot just carry around with a gun in belgium and you have half a zillion regulations and administrative paperwork to complete before you can own one (and only for sports purposes, so no AK's, M-16 and bazooka's... although I hear you can buy AK's in Brussels for a fairly cheap price)

-Restaurants with a "all you can eat" policy are very very rare in Belgium.

-Our only fastfood restaurants are McDonalds and Quick. We have no Taco Bells, Macy's,.... in our country

-In our McDonaldses, the thing we call Big size, is the same as medium size in the US

-We are a country with the same amount of inhabitants as New York, yet we have 8 different governments (and god know how many ministers) to govern this. It takes years before one finally starts understanding how our governments work and even ppl in our government seems to have problems with it.

-you will soon find out that we bicker just about everything. If they build a traffic light in Flanders, then Walonia wants one too.

-Football is football, we invented it football before you guys so don't call it soccer Razz

-What you call beer, is what we refer to as "water we use to brush our teeth" Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

-We have minister of budget who openly states that 35 + 72 = 117 (vid in dutch, but the reaction in the guy his face is pretty funny)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2010-02-13, 18:04

U forgot that our former Prime Minister confused our national hymn with the french one :p.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shenken 2010-02-13, 21:01

Jofroi wrote:U forgot that our former Prime Minister confused our national hymn with the french one :p.

Now I know the French anthem better than my own anthem: "Aux enfants de la patrie, le jour de gloire est arrivé" Smile
Shenken
Shenken
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish45 2010-02-14, 01:31

shadowukcs wrote:

-What you call beer, is what we refer to as "water we use to brush our teeth" Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Count me in! cheers
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarastlad 2010-02-14, 15:33

We are the beer country. Do not refer to Germany when speaking about beers. We are beers !
Jarastlad
Jarastlad
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by palodigon 2010-02-14, 23:24

Many countries find themselves beer countries.

But one thing's for sure, germans aren't the greatest drinkers. Irish are great dirnkers too I think.

and watch this thread go off topic.
I don't mind.
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down