eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea

+8
Elynea
Medrolke
M.Leviathin
Xgentis Lempereur
Manong Z
Fhaemita Malodorous
Jofroi
jamster737
12 posters

Go down

post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea  Empty post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea

Post by jamster737 2011-04-09, 21:23

sorry shadow we couldnt be 1 sided could we Razz
jamster737
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea  Empty Re: post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea

Post by Jofroi 2011-04-09, 21:27

Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea  Empty Re: post here if you think the idea of a merger is a good idea

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-04-09, 21:46

Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-04-09, 21:50

Trical is eNL citizen.

21:07:25: Trical: i'm Belgian
21:07:27: Trical: ok
21:07:34: Trical: but i'm above
21:07:37: Trical: the other belgians:p

21:07:38: Slopes[CDM]: but u want to be
21:07:39: Slopes[CDM]: dutch
21:07:40: Trical: most off them
21:07:40: manong_rizal: Pfft.
21:07:42: Trical: are noobs

Go ahead and merge with them. Razz
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-04-09, 21:56

If they want to be dutch that bad they can move and take their citizenship.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-04-09, 22:01

I don't want to be dutch, I want an union of both communities. Being dutch wouldn't bring anything more.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-04-09, 22:02

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:If they want to be dutch that bad they can move and take their citizenship.
we dont want to be dutch we want to be belgium or we wouldnt be in belgium xD
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-04-09, 22:05

jamster737 wrote:
Xgentis Lempereur wrote:If they want to be dutch that bad they can move and take their citizenship.

Tell that to the eDutch. They won't agree to a merge under the Belgian banner. So "wanting a merge or not wanting a merge" is not the issue, the issue is, Is it possible?

Don't forget other questions:

- Whose banner?
- What will happen to either side's citizens? Political Parties?
- The Military?
- Etc.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-04-09, 22:12

If we merge, we shouldn't have a nationalist Netherlands party like how the UNL had a Belgium Party. In fact, that's probably one of the worst things you can do when you merge. There shouldn't be any sense of a separate national identity when merging. Assimilate or leave.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-04-09, 22:12

And well if it's under the dutch I already pointed out that their capital is isolated we will lose our few economic bonus. I don't know how are you planing to throught poland etheir. And I refuse the idea of being under forign rule.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-04-09, 22:15

Manong Rizal wrote:
jamster737 wrote:

Tell that to the eDutch. They won't agree to a merge under the Belgian banner. So "wanting a merge or not wanting a merge" is not the issue, the issue is, Is it possible?

Don't forget other questions:

- Whose banner?
- What will happen to either side's citizens? Political Parties?
- The Military?
- Etc.
those things will have to be sorted yes if anything does go ahead but they have been done in the past and they can be done again it will take a lot of work but for a bigger gain we would be safer more secure and larger and would have a larger community just to name a few
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2011-04-09, 22:36

Yes there would be advantages to having a union, but there are also advantages for being independant.

- We can have a TW between us
- We won't have to destroy everyone's hard work over the past year
- We won't have the problem of everyone who joins the taken over nation quitting
- We won't have to give all our citizenship passes to those people who do acually stay
- Neither side has to cave and let themselves be taken over
- etc.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-04-09, 22:56

but only if the other side agrees

It will be difficult because we must thinking about our mpp for example, maybe the other country wants to be independant about that...
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-04-09, 23:01

They'll never be whole again. We can be sure about that.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-04-10, 01:37

Under the Black, Yellow, and Red or never ^_^

I am whole-hearted for a merger or even conquest as long as Belgium is on the receiving end of the profit and not being taken over. Last time there was a merger, the Netherlands kinda dropped the ball. It's our turn.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-04-10, 07:44

There are many ways to merge, you shouldn't stick with pure IG mechanisms Wink. Moreover it can be done through a long time and indeed merging on a short term is not possible.

For the TW, we can always find an other small country to do it with (Norway or so on).

The MPP won't be a problem, they're not eternal Wink.

Medrolke, what you called "everyone's hard work" is just work that people made in the "name of Belgium" it's not because we merge that this work will be lost. A merged country will still have the "name of Belgium".

The citizenship problem is just a short term problem. Hopefully we're both smalls country so it shouldn't take more than 2-3 months.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-04-10, 07:55

On the world map, you can see a region from ePoland... Then you can't merge if you don't have an agreement Smile
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2011-04-10, 10:10

The citizenship problem isn't about current players (although that would be a bit annoying aswell). When you join the game in an origional region of a conquored country, you get the citizenship of the conquored country, not the current owner. Not only will this cause even more people to quit on the first day, but those who want to stay will have to get given citizenship of the new country.

There's also the problem of what we do if and when we want to be independant again. To have citizenship of the conquored country when it becomes independant again, you need to keep it throughout the union as there's no more free citizenship and there will be no congress to accept requests. The only people with citizenship (and would therefore controll the country) would be 2-clickers who joined after the union and people who kept their citizenship throughout just so that they would have complete controll of the country if it became independant, which could cause all sorts of problems.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-04-10, 12:14

Although I'm for this merger I must admit that Meldroke makes some good arguments against it. It might cause some problems along the way if we do decide to merger and if we decide to become independent again.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-04-10, 13:01

As I stated, there are other way to merge than pure IG merge Wink.

A federalised union could work also^^, like RL belgium.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2011-04-10, 13:16

Jofroi wrote:A federalised union could work also^^, like RL belgium.

That's something I could possibly support. It would take some work, but it would be less impractical than a full IG merge and would mean we both still have some say over our own country.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-04-10, 13:50

Jofroi wrote:As I stated, there are other way to merge than pure IG merge Wink.
A federalised union could work also^^, like RL belgium.

Yeah that is working great for you guys in RL Rolling Eyes
(sorry couldn't resist Razz)
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-04-10, 14:08

I think a merge would make us more powerfull on Economic fields, Military fields and Social fields.

Economic fields: more regions => more region bonusses
Military fields: more soldiers => more strenght
Social fileds: More citizens => more activity

So I am all in for a merge with NL (or other countries :p )

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-04-10, 14:32

... and more problems
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2011-04-10, 14:33

Economic -> Wow, I'll make an extra half a gun a day Shocked And 5 more pieces of bread!

Military -> We can have some sort of joint military without a full merge.

Social ->Like above we can have a joint forum wihout a merge.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-04-10, 14:55

Medrolke wrote:Economic -> Wow, I'll make an extra half a gun a day Shocked And 5 more pieces of bread!

Military -> We can have some sort of joint military without a full merge.

Social ->Like above we can have a joint forum wihout a merge.

+1

plus, the eNL and the eBE communities are entirely different. eNL has a active IRC community, eBE has, especially due to our many members in different time-zones (maryamQ, Chris, Levi, Manong,...), a forum based community.

Trust me when I say those two don't mix.

On top of that, I don't know if you've noticed but there are many many more dutch than there are eBelgians. Even if we take over their country, internally we would still be New Holland. I for one do not feel much for the fact of seeing the dutch rule with a majority in congress.

And then I'm not even getting started about the constant threat of RW's.

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-04-10, 15:10

shadowukcs wrote:
plus, the eNL and the eBE communities are entirely different. eNL has a active IRC community, eBE has, especially due to our many members in different time-zones (maryamQ, Chris, Levi, Manong,...), a forum based community.
3 of them said they were inactive no ? But ok, get your point, even if it's not a good one. eNL irc is not so more active than ours...

shadowukcs wrote:
On top of that, I don't know if you've noticed but there are many many more dutch than there are eBelgians.
to react again about forum/irc/medias, etc... They are so many many more than us, that our national press is so many many more active than their national press (NL : average of one article published each 2 days :-x)

and :
Belgium : citizens: 388 workers: 181 fighters: 100
Netherlands : citizens: 426 workers: 192 fighters: 99
"so many many many many more"

shadowukcs wrote:
Even if we take over their country, internally we would still be New Holland. I for one do not feel much for the fact of seeing the dutch rule with a majority in congress.
Yeah indeed ! I know you decided to left Belgium when we were united with eNL, but go ask the dutch if it was a "new holland"... :3 Belgians rules UNL for months. (and about dutch majority in congress : currently in eBE there is foreigners from france, canada, usa, serbia, etc... you're not affraid ?)

shadowukcs wrote:
And then I'm not even getting started about the constant threat of RW's.
During 13 months of union last time, i think we had 6 rw's in total... but its indeed a threat, but remember, there is no risk zero...

No need to scare people about a possible union... :-/
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-04-10, 20:49

Well, even if not merged there is an invasion risk: look at NL, there is no RW risk but they're half invaded ^^.

(their IRC is a little bit more active than ours tbh, but their forum is also pretty active and most decisions are made on the same way than we does).
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-04-10, 22:10

Merging is not interesting for various reason.

The first reason ePoland is on the their capitale is isolated that mean no trade road no economic bonus from our ressources if it's under dutch flag.

The second is if it's under belgian flag ePoland is still in the way.

And many peoples from both community just can't stand each others and will troll the hell out of everything.

We will get dealy RW from medal hunter.

and so on and so on...
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-04-11, 00:35

Mk... Enough chit-chat... Just like the Luna discussion, I'd like to see a poll open to the Belgian public so we can see where everyone officially stands.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down