eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail

+7
Olv007
Glenn Wauters
shadowukcs
Jofroi
Fhaemita Malodorous
Manong Z
powerown64
11 posters

Go down

[Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail Empty [Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 02:53

Yes, Powerown64 has began his run for Country President, read the first of his articles here
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/powerown64-for-country-president-june-2011-1771194/1/20
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

[Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail Empty Re: [Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail

Post by Manong Z 2011-05-12, 02:56

=_=
Manong Z
Manong Z
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

[Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail Empty Re: [Public politics]Powerown64 Campaign Trail

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 02:59

Manong Rizal wrote:=_=

I take thats how Mice smile.
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-05-12, 03:00

powerown64 wrote:

Suspect
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 03:02

Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-05-12, 03:03

powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you

Pill
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 03:04

Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you

Pill
WhackRabbit
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-05-12, 03:25

powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you

Pill
WhackRabbit

Shocked
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 03:29

Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you

Pill
WhackRabbit

Shocked
Rolling Eyes
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-05-12, 03:31

powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you

Pill
WhackRabbit

Shocked
Rolling Eyes
Sad
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 03:33

Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:
Manong Rizal wrote:
powerown64 wrote:

Suspect

I love you

Pill
WhackRabbit

Shocked
Rolling Eyes
Sad
confused
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-05-12, 08:15

Let me say what probably a lot of people are thinking; You've been in the country for not even a month now and you're running for president? This must be a joke because you can't seriously be running? You have not even been part of government is that month that you have been here how the hell will you be able to be president when you have no clue how government really works behind the scene. What party is going to let you run anyway?
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-05-12, 08:27

ATO will let him if he propose to invade NL (no, I'm just kidding :p)
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-12, 09:15

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:Let me say what probably a lot of people are thinking; You've been in the country for not even a month now and you're running for president? This must be a joke because you can't seriously be running? You have not even been part of government is that month that you have been here how the hell will you be able to be president when you have no clue how government really works behind the scene. What party is going to let you run anyway?

p much this.

When temujin came here, he became PP, congressman and MoD in his first month, the month after that he became VP, the month after that as well (as well as general in the army) He was extremely active on the forum and even then, after 3 months, he still didn't make it.

Imo you should wait a minimum of 3 months and have done several minister posts before you stand a decent chance. Now you'll just take away votes from other candidates.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-12, 11:26

Being a President is extremely hard
thats the reason why I havent been proposing myself as presidentscandidate, because I know, I will have to fully concentrate on erepublik for a full month
Maybe in the future...
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-05-12, 12:00

Glenn Wauters wrote:Being a President is extremely hard
thats the reason why I havent been proposing myself as presidentscandidate, because I know, I will have to fully concentrate on erepublik for a full month
Maybe in the future...

Yep, it is very hard.
I was president in eSouth Africa during a PTO making it even harder and busier.
It really takes a lot of time most of your evenings if you're unlucky.
A lot of people underestimate how much time it really takes being president.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-05-12, 12:13

Have to agree on most statements here. It is indeed to soon for you to present yourself as CP candidate, even if I think you could have a good chance one day to become one. First be more active and involved in eBelgian politics, then try again Wink
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 15:01

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:Let me say what probably a lot of people are thinking; You've been in the country for not even a month now and you're running for president? This must be a joke because you can't seriously be running? You have not even been part of government is that month that you have been here how the hell will you be able to be president when you have no clue how government really works behind the scene. What party is going to let you run anyway?

Allow me to post the rest of my platform before you completely reject my platform alright?

You also assume that I have never been in executive office. No I have never been in eBelgium, however I have plenty of times in eCanada, and the 2 aren't that different.

And for which party is going to let me run, I'm not sure yet, but I'll try my best to sway them my way.

TL;DR, Let me actually give out my ideas before you bash them.
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by powerown64 2011-05-12, 15:09

shadowukcs wrote:

p much this.

When temujin came here, he became PP, congressman and MoD in his first month, the month after that he became VP, the month after that as well (as well as general in the army) He was extremely active on the forum and even then, after 3 months, he still didn't make it.

Imo you should wait a minimum of 3 months and have done several minister posts before you stand a decent chance. Now you'll just take away votes from other candidates.

I have several minister posts, just not in this country, and I dont think Domestic Affairs really changes from one country to the next.

Also, your argument simply says that you elect presidents on how long they've been in the country, not the validity of their platform? Sounds pretty shallow me thinks.
powerown64
powerown64
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2011-05-12, 15:22

powerown64 wrote:
Also, your argument simply says that you elect presidents on how long they've been in the country, not the validity of their platform? Sounds pretty shallow me thinks.

Not really , its just that you haven't been here that long and you have announced that you want to become our CP , it gives the impression that you have moved here just for a medal.
I honestly have no problem with you running for CP , but you should atleast spend time to get to know the community first.
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-05-12, 15:27

What I think everyone is trying to say is that your platform might be OK (looking forward to read it) but that you haven't taken the time to gain everyones trust in the community so that your chances on winning a lot of votes from people of our community are rather small.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-05-12, 15:46

powerown64 wrote:
I have several minister posts, just not in this country, and I dont think Domestic Affairs really changes from one country to the next.

I was minister in eSouth-Africa; 2 terms as Minister of Domestic Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Information and 3 terms as deputy minister in multiple ministries and I've also been vice president for 2 terms and and president of South Africa. Yes Domestic Affairs is basically the same but there are are still differences. In everything there are difference between how things are done here and other countries I have found that out when I became a citizen here.

There is more to being a president then just domestic affairs, there is foreign affairs, defense etc etc. Just because you have experience in Domestic Affairs in an other country doesn't mean you have experience enough be be president in Belgium. As said before you should get some more experience in eBelgiums government. Home Affairs can always use more help, I advised to give you the job when i got fired because i saw in your signature that you had experience. You should offer your experience in domestic affairs and immigration and help our ministry of home affairs.

powerown64 wrote:

I think it's shallow to think that you just come here and in less then a month after your arrival you talk like you have the right to become president. Ofcourse platform is important but more important is experience, loyalty and what you have done for the country. You have not shown loyalty nor have you really done anything for this country. You first have to proof yourself to be a asset for the country and that you will be able to hold the position.

The way you are talking now make it sound that you came here just to get a president medal and you want to get it as quickly as possible. I am not saying that you are, but this is the way it sound. I don't think you did yourself any favors by running for president this quickly after your arrival. If you are seriously want yo be president just take the time to get to know the people, get involved in politics and the army, get yourself a position in government. After couple of months (at least 4/5?) if you did a good job I am sure you will be able to seriously run for president.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-05-12, 22:00

I'd like to point out that in eBelgium, the manifesto is not important, PP support is and it's more about friendship than a real program for the country^^.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-05-12, 22:44

Jofroi wrote:I'd like to point out that in eBelgium, the manifesto is not important, PP support is and it's more about friendship than a real program for the country^^.

Is that the way you hope to become CP one day? Rolling Eyes
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-05-12, 22:52

Already told Jofroi that this vision was a bit reductive in my opinion. I have always producted manifestos and used them as the red lines of my terms. It's an important tool which let know the citizens what are your plans and how you want to realize them...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-05-12, 23:02

Well, just face truth, look at NLSP or LvL manifesto... (and mittekemuis would nhave won even without manifesto^^).

And yeah Olv, I'll pto every belgian party with my multies. One by one. And then. PAF!

I'm not saying that a manifesto is not important. I agree that's important to have projects and so. It just doesn't have any impact on the election. Maybe for close ones... But I'm not even sure.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2011-05-12, 23:18

Jofroi wrote:
And yeah Olv, I'll pto every belgian party with my multies. One by one. And then. PAF!

You should stop thinking out loud Jofroi lol
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-05-13, 00:00

You could write the best platform ever in the history of this game but you won't be accepted because I've only been here for a month and posted 49 times on the forum? I was only here for 3 weeks but I was able to cram in about 800 posts. If you want to run for President wait a while, be active, make lots of good decisions and maybe, maybe, you'll be able to run for President.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-05-13, 00:02

Mike Wooldridge wrote:
Jofroi wrote:

You should stop thinking out loud Jofroi lol

No, its very entertaining and if he starts to do it, we can finish him to it Razz
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down