eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress!

+4
jamster737
Ward De Bever
Jofroi
goopypants
8 posters

Go down

[Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress! Empty [Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress!

Post by goopypants 2011-06-22, 02:53

Almost that time again, and I've decided to run for congress for a third time.

Why vote for me?

I'll pay you!

Wait, what?

eBelgium has a tradition of people elected to congress donating the 5G they get for the medal to the general fund of eBelgium. Seems a reasonable practice, and participation has always been high, but not 100%.

Because of the ruling cabal's stranglehold on the budget, excessive funding of pet projects, and a complete lack of transparency in accounting recently, I've decided to not donate if I happen to get elected. But rather than be a greedy bastich and keep the money, I'll give it away to those who vote for me. Yes, all 5G will be given back to the voters of eBelgium. I'd rather it go towards part of a country wide income-tax break, but only one other congresscritter seemed to think that was a good idea.

So if I get elected, I'll distribute the 5G to players who pledge to vote for me (and do so). If I get more than 5 votes (not counting my own vote) and more than 5 pledges, I'll do five 1G in a random giveaway to 5 of the pledges.

Rules are that you can't be running for congress or a member of the government or the BAF HC. And you actually have to pledge in this thread and then do the actual vote. Screen shots or something similar can act as proof. Or I'll take your word for it, assuming the number of pledges and votes I get actually are in some close relationship.

Sure, that 5G might be better spent on some of the pet projects of the eGovernment, but hey, I'd rather give it back to the people, the players, than have it hoarded or have it spent on shiny toys for some of the players that can afford their own shiny toys.

If the eRage gets excessive in the thread, or if the pledge/vote thing becomes a massive fraud-fest, I reserve the right to donate the 5G to the BTA, since that, in fact, would also help a higher percentage of normal players than 5G to the general fund. A donation to the BTA would either be to Elynea directly to spend how she feels, to the players directly, or some random drawing. Would be determined later.

edit:  see last message explaining why I pledge to donate per the tradition rather than run a contest or do a protest giveaway. And good luck to all the other candidates running!

Last edited by goopypants on 2011-06-24, 08:48; edited 1 time in total
goopypants
goopypants
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

[Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress! Empty Re: [Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress!

Post by Jofroi 2011-06-22, 06:37

You can't make screenshots of who you've voted for Wink
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress! Empty Re: [Public politics]GoopyPants for Congress!

Post by goopypants 2011-06-22, 07:03

You can do a before and after. Or just one showing the after which should be +1 of the previous vote total, with a time stamp

Main thing is the pre vote pledge anyway

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-06-22, 07:36

We used to have some similar ideas.

I would certainly support the idea of using the Congress donation gold for an income tax break, if the BAF weren't generously funded (as it probably will be now). But we can't have our cake and eat it too.

To stop the donation tradition is a bridge too far. Don't throw away our country's biggest source of income! Our country needs this admin money! (and no, I as a Q5 business owner do not receive regular supplies from the BAF and I'll still donate my Congress gold if elected)
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2011-06-22, 07:48

I'm not advocating an end to the tradition, I'm performing a political act that i feel compelled to. everyone else should follow their conscience (or in one past case their greed).

S'why I'm not keeping it, even if no one votes for me and I somehow get wild carded in with one vote.

And cake should be for all, Ward de Antoinette! Very Happy
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-06-22, 08:00

So you basically buy votes with the admin-given Congress gold. Sad, low point.

Who is "de Antoinette"? I don't get your pun. But maybe, in your view, I'm Marie-Antoinette, and you're the Terreur? rabbit I'm more for the ideals of the Enlightenment though: high wages, high social justice, reason must rule.

Don't vote for this man!

Last edited by Ward De Bever on 2011-06-22, 08:24; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : let's keep civics at some standards.)
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-06-22, 08:09

Ward De Bever wrote: high social justice

God bless the idealists Very Happy
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-06-22, 08:11

Jofroi wrote:God bless the idealists Very Happy
If he exists, let him bless us all, we'll need it Wink
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-06-22, 12:05

well i will be the only one to say it good luck Razz
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-06-22, 14:42

good luck !
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-06-22, 15:05

ps. Goopypants: Do you think the Food for New Citizens is a pet project? Do you think the BAF is a pet project? Do you think getting new MPP's is a pet project?

I WANT MORE EXPLENATION !! because I don't agree with you !

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2011-06-22, 16:06

Ward De Bever wrote:But we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Cake for the army while the regular players get nothing -> Ward de Antoinette.

No, doesn't really work, but that was my thought.

The purpose of an eGovernment should be to maximize the amount of fun for the highest number of active players. If a proposal came up giving salaries to CM and the CP, everyone should be rightly indignant (but I bet such a proposal would still pass the congress). I view some of the other acts of the government as little more than similar subsidies to a small subset of players. And the current round-robin MPP plan, while a way to most-of-the-time get fights for players, doesn't seem to advance any national interest and doesn't get fights for players consistently, so why is the money spent?

And if the CM donation is expected and required, how is that voluntary? The 150G each month from donations shouldn't be worked into the accounts and pre-allocated.

Each month eBelgium has less players, a more screwed up economy, and is one campaign away from being conquered. Rather than support the policies of elitism and largess, I say enough.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-06-22, 16:37

goopypants wrote:
Ward De Bever wrote:But we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Cake for the army while the regular players get nothing -> Ward de Antoinette.

No, doesn't really work, but that was my thought.

The purpose of an eGovernment should be to maximize the amount of fun for the highest number of active players. If a proposal came up giving salaries to CM and the CP, everyone should be rightly indignant (but I bet such a proposal would still pass the congress). I view some of the other acts of the government as little more than similar subsidies to a small subset of players. And the current round-robin MPP plan, while a way to most-of-the-time get fights for players, doesn't seem to advance any national interest and doesn't get fights for players consistently, so why is the money spent?

And if the CM donation is expected and required, how is that voluntary? The 150G each month from donations shouldn't be worked into the accounts and pre-allocated.

Each month eBelgium has less players, a more screwed up economy, and is one campaign away from being conquered. Rather than support the policies of elitism and largess, I say enough.

1) CM donation is volutary, if you don't want to do it, it is no problem ! The only thing is that you are not helping eBelgium with itç

2)We are not 1 campaign away from being conquerd since it is a TW, and we are getting our regions back before CM elections. If you read the forums you should have known this!

3) It is because of the changes of the admins that the economy is screwed up.

4) So you don't want to have MPP's ?

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2011-06-24, 08:47

Well, after some navel-gazing and ouiji-boarding, the whole buy-your vote CM donation money thing doesn't seem to have the effect I thought it would.

Rather than starting a debate on the merits of funding, taxes, and whether eBelgium is large enough to have an opposition party that isn't a ridiculous caricature, it just sorta muddled things.

And the goal is to have the strongest eCountry we can. Though there may be disagreements in policy and priorities, the paramount concern should be the security and stability of our beloved eBelgium.

So if elected, I pledge to donate the CM medal funds to the general fund, in accordance with the tradition I've followed twice before. While I may disagree with how that money is used, it is better used in combination with all the other donations of loyal CMs than in some sort of semi-silly contest (which probably would have turned into a giant fiasco anyway).

So vote for me because I care!
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 2011-06-24, 19:20

Good Luck!
Mudduck95
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-06-24, 21:13

good luck
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mittekemuis 2011-06-24, 22:38

Good luck! Wise decision I love you
mittekemuis
mittekemuis
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down