eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ?

+6
Critically
Fhaemita Malodorous
jamster737
goopypants
Backwards
ThomasRED
10 posters

Go down

What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ? Empty What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ?

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-10, 00:44

If the Congress have an important role to manage the country, debating and voting proposals, the Government is also a key body to manage our country.

What do we expect from the Government ?

From the Minister of Defence :
- Daily citizens orders published in the MoD newspaper (click). The last article published was about the irc civilian raid, and the last daily orders published was from more than 60 (!!!) days ago... The template for citizen orders articles can be found here (edit article, copy/paste, update informations/links).
- To manage the Defence of our country, to be active on irc to distribute supplies, to inform our military units about the plan to follow and to inform our citizens about it.
- To re-organize our military if needed and to inform our citizens about the situation of the eBelgian Military and of our different state owned military units.

From the Minister of Finances :
- An article at the start of his mandate, and an other one at the end of his term. Maybe one more about how to donate to State, and one more if there is things to inform the population about. The last MoF article was published 122 (!!!) days ago... Click here to check the MoF newspaper.
- To take care of the NBB-BNB accounting sheet (click here) and to inform congress about our income, reserves, budget law, etc...

From the Minister of Home Affairs :
- To inform our citizens about the citizen programs voted by the Congress. No articles have been published yet about the Town Center subsidies or the Q4 subsidies for regular players for example. Regular articles should be published too to inform our population about the citizens packs... The only article published about citizens programs by Belgium.Info was an article about the young players subsidies for Q4, nothing more. Link of Belgium.Info newspaper, click here.
- To publish on a regular basis updated tutorials for our young players and to publish articles about last admins changes to explain it to our citizens. The MoHA have it own newspaper for education, called Belgian Encyclopedia (click here to access it).

From the Minister of Foreign Affairs :
- To publish articles about our friendships and about the international situation of eBE and of the eWorld. To publish interviews from our allies to help our citizens know them better.

From the President :
- To publish articles about his government and it goals, to publish articles about the situation of our country and the last changes our citizens have to face. The new government didn't published a single article yet to present themselves, and no articles have been released to inform our citizens about the war situation we are now living... :-/ Link of Belgium.Info newspaper, click here.

Communicating ingame with our players is very important and shouldn't be neglected ! It's not all about the forum, and the ingame part of eRepublik remain the most important one...

It is just few things i was thinking about, the list is not complete of course, but i thought it could have help... ;-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ? Empty Re: What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ?

Post by Backwards 2012-03-10, 01:07

Yeey! \o/ nothing is expected from me! *sits on his lazy butt, complaining about everything the government is not doing right and getting way too much salary for it*

I am a real Belgian, baby king
Backwards
Backwards
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ? Empty Re: What do we expect / What can we expect from our Government ?

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-10, 01:43

Spoiler:
You're listed as member of the MoHA team ^^ but indeed i forgot to add for MoHA Deparmtent :
- Publish regular articles to promote the forum games

study

(ps : and the goal is not to complain but to remind what we are expecting from our gov and to help them)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-03-10, 02:37

Not really appropriate to put this in the public announcements section since it is really just your opinion and not representative of an announcement by the government.

Pleae move this to general.
goopypants
goopypants
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-10, 02:59

"Public Announcements & Discussions of the Government Officials" : I thought it had it place there as it's an discussion about the government, but heh, okay, i can move it to "General Discussions"...

Too bad you only reacted on the form, and not on the content... :-/ I hope you didn't saw this thread as an attack... (even if this is "only my opinion", i do think that it is the minimum we can expect for our government) It's time to activate your team ! :-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-03-10, 03:08

As I said previously, many of the members of this administration are new to their positions and/or serving in the government. One of the first obstacles, passwords and distributing them (to avoid a NL style debacle) took a couple of days. Things should start gaining momentum and more info getting to public and the congress soon now that people can start working on figuring out how to write articles.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-10, 03:10

If you need help to know how to publish an article with your government on Belgium.Info, let me know, i'm available on irc for 30min or so... ;-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwards 2012-03-10, 03:14

With regards to MoFUN, I am still looking for this to organise and sort things out about MoFUN itself. Should get started the first things this weekend.
Backwards
Backwards
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2012-03-10, 10:51

I agree with Goopy we are not all e babies and even if we all where we know what each ministry has to do
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-10, 11:04

jamster737 wrote:I agree with Goopy we are not all e babies and even if we all where we know what each ministry has to do
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2012-03-10, 11:08

I didn't know that someone with ingame China cs should say what our government should do, but okay ...
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2012-03-10, 11:39

Well said. And yes, this is a starting point, the government should do or try to do much more!

Nice job TR!
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-03-10, 11:52

This probably could have been done more diplomatically, but if we are honest, we should admit TR has a point. The government does have certain obligations to the people, and we do not always meet them. This is, of course, a game, and RL comes first, but we should remember it is a social game, and others depend on us to do our part. If we don't, there can be real consequences for other players. Our recent presidential elections should have been a reminder of that. We may not always be able to meet high standards, but that doesn't mean the standards should be lowered, just that we, or perhaps the people who follow us, should reach higher.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-10, 12:06

Critically wrote:I didn't know that someone with ingame China cs should say what our government should do, but okay ...

He is a honorary citizen and has the same rights as somebody with ingame citizenship. That being said the way he did this wasnt the smartest way of doing it. But i do think this is something we should discuss.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tecuvo 2012-03-10, 12:15

the latest MoD article: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/mod-orders-day-1572-1984195/1/20
tecuvo
tecuvo
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2012-03-10, 15:11

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:
Critically wrote:I didn't know that someone with ingame China cs should say what our government should do, but okay ...

He is a honorary citizen and has the same rights as somebody with ingame citizenship. That being said the way he did this wasnt the smartest way of doing it. But i do think this is something we should discuss.

That's true, however, it isn't his job to say what the government should do...

But okay, I believe this was done with the best intentions...
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-10, 22:41

goopypants wrote:As I said previously, many of the members of this administration are new to their positions and/or serving in the government. [...] Things should start gaining momentum and more info getting to public and the congress soon now that people can start working on figuring out how to write articles.
jamster737 wrote:I agree with Goopy we are not all e babies and even if we all where we know what each ministry has to do
In fact, Goopy is telling the contrary of what you understood Jamster, and it's why i made this post, to help the government and it members. It's also good to know what the citizens expect from it government. In no way this thread was negative, it was only too help. That's why for example i proposed Goopy my help to publish the first gov article with presenting his government, something that have not been done yet and which take maximum 5 minutes to do. I'm still availaible if needed to explain how to publish an article to our CP or to the gov members who need it... :-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2012-03-11, 01:36

I was always under the impression that it was up to the President to decide what ministry does what. This is a good suggestion, but it can be totally ignored if the President wants. Smile
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-03-11, 05:51

Under our constitution, you are right, M.Leviathin; however, that doesn't prevent people from forming expectations based on what has happened in the past or what they see being done in other eCountries. We are, in fact, not all eBabies. This is why we should be able to take some initiative and do what people need/expect to see done. If we don't do it, perhaps we should be grateful for the reminder.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2012-03-11, 06:04

Like I said, this is all just a suggestion. I'm certain that any competent administration already knows all this and can decide for itself whether it believes this is the best way to go about its business. This is just for the general population.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-03-11, 06:10

M.Leviathin wrote:Like I said, this is all just a suggestion. I'm certain that any competent administration already knows all this. This is just for the general population.

If they know this already, it's "sad", because at the time we are speaking, only the MoD department have released articles, and no articles have been published on Belgium.Info : nothing about the new government, nothing about the current war (even if MoD newspaper informed us about it), nothing about the last citizen programs, etc... Well, we are not on 1or2 days more but for some informations, it doesn't require 90h to work on it... :-)

To copy/paste the President's Cabinet and to publish an article to present it to our population take 2 min, i think it's not asking too much to have it released at the start of the term, and not on the last day of this administration... ^^

I do believe that communication is one of the more important aspect of this game, and i woud like to see our ingame citizens being informed of what is happening in eBelgium, of what their government is working on, etc... It's also a key for increasing the activity of these citizens ingame !

ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2012-03-11, 06:13

Noted~ I'm sure that goopy respects your right to have questions and/or concerns about his policies. Smile
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down