eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Belgians Paras - Report 2

5 posters

Go down

The Belgians Paras - Report 2 Empty The Belgians Paras - Report 2

Post by ThomasRED 2012-05-11, 00:34

Hey, you can find out our new report here :
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-ebe-the-belgians-paras-report-2--2031669/1/20

If you want to help advertise it, you can shout this :
[eBE] The Belgians Paras - Report 2 : http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-ebe-the-belgians-paras-report-2--2031669/1/20 Vote/Comment/Shout/Sub ! o/

Feedbacks are welcomed, as usual... o/

Tables :
The Belgians Paras - Report 2 481ed19076964e7aa4788b1
The Belgians Paras - Report 2 0a62294e58ce4ed387c0171
The Belgians Paras - Report 2 6e8a47bc16a74344b1735d3
The Belgians Paras - Report 2 8npPS
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Belgians Paras - Report 2 Empty Re: The Belgians Paras - Report 2

Post by goopypants 2012-05-11, 04:45

I do want to point out that this data is for 10 days, and the increased funding for the new 3 paras is only 5 days old.

So what does that tell us?

If we look at the maximum strength gain (693) by TR vs. Nohjis (693), for 5 of those days Nohjis wasn't funded by the state and still did the same training. Similar story for Cotarious vs. Jofroi.

The advantage of the program is to free up the paras so they don't have to work and instead can fight, so the daily rank increase for those three should increase, but again, if you compare Nohjis and Cotarious to NLSP and Backwards, there isn't that much of an increase in fights/day pre-paras vs. post paras.

Sure, I'm cherry-picking data out of the charts, and the next 10 days may show significantly improved numbers across the board, but not sure I'm seeing 270 gold worth of eBe funds spent wisely.

Bottom line, I still feel the paras program is over funded, and while important and necessary, isn't tenable at current funding levels.

edit: if you want to extract my comments and move them to the debate area, that's fine, if you don't want discussion of these results in "the battlefield" area
goopypants
goopypants
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-05-11, 05:13

The 3 new paras had already shown their interest to join the paras when the unit was formed, and i kept them informed of the high paras' requirements to stimulate them...

For example, when the TG Q3 were released, i pm'ed them to ask them if they were able to upgrade their TG or not in the goal to join the paras in the near future...

Which explain why the strength increase is the same, because although they were not in yet, they invested ~110 gold in their TG to be able to join the paras later if there was a possibility to do so, AND to make the best use of the state fund received, as asked by tecuvo for example (about the TG upgrades).

During these same days, i have also invited them to fight as much as possible, to show us they had their place in the paras... And they did impressed me a lot, which explain why i have asked the Congress to fund 3 new spots for paras.

So the question is not does the gold is miss used or not... You could give us 3000 gold that the str increase will still be 693. The goal of the funding is not to buy str increase to the paras, but to help them being able to train every day without problems, without having the need to work in dozens of companies, or without forcing them to buy gold every week. Because these guys are the strongest soldiers of eBE, and they are the one who will be able to make a difference for eBE in the future (and who already do 80% of the entire eBE's damages). And it is exactly what happens for now ! They are supported, and i thanks the Congress for that... :-)

A small chart about my situation :
The Belgians Paras - Report 2 337f9dd87d984982a5779b8
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-05-11, 08:46

So the question is not does the gold is miss used or not... You could give us 3000 gold that the str increase will still be 693.

or zero, which is kinda what you just said
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-05-11, 10:23

I don't make it a secret I buy gold so sure I could invest that gold into training, this is not the issue, I had been paying for full training myself for about 3 months now (else I wouldn't be at 7k+ strength).

What is becomming a problem is the decreased income from my companies. The same 3 months ago I was receiving an income of +/- 8.000 BEF a day after substracting all my food/weapon costs. Today, without Paras funding, I was under 2.000 BEF a day. You can take that number as you wish but it made me decide to stop working in my 30+ Q4 raws companies because it's not worth it for me anymore. Mind you that during that time I was BTA commander and not in any MU by choice as well, I could have easily stepped into an army program and increased my revenue by +/- 300-500 BEF as well.

So, due to this new situation, I would've been forced in the long run to cut down on training or on EB from buying Gold because let's face it, I'm not going to invest more money into the game because admins lower my natural income in game.

With that said, just like other paras, I am open for discussion on the level of our funding. Just take into account that not all have the same oportunities (two paras don't own a Q6 company).
Nohjis
Nohjis

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tecuvo 2012-05-11, 13:32

What orders do the paras follow?
is there a specific list for countries you fight for or against?
who choses the battles?
is there coordination with government?
tecuvo
tecuvo
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-05-11, 13:47

goopypants wrote:
So the question is not does the gold is miss used or not... You could give us 3000 gold that the str increase will still be 693.
or zero, which is kinda what you just said
Except that if we are able to maintain these high level of activity on the battlefield and on the training grounds, it's mostly due to the support received by the paras funding. As explained by Nohjis, i don't know a single citizen in eBE who is able to spend 7360 bef per day on training grounds/foods/guns without any problems. With the current funding, what we are currently asking to the paras is to spend 3360 bef per day on training grounds/foods/guns and to hit as much as possible (180 hit/day on average). It is still incredibly high at eBelgium's level, it's ~100k bef a month.

tecuvo wrote:What orders do the paras follow?
is there a specific list for countries you fight for or against?
who choses the battles?
is there coordination with government?
The main goal of the paras is to prepare the future defense of eBE in the medium/long term, so we try to pick mpp battles in order to collect energy bars (and bazookas). Except when we received requests to help or from CP. When we have differents mpp battles available, we are trying to not fight in a conflict that involve two of our neighbours and we select the mpp battle in function of the timing of our daily irc strike and of the start of the new round to be able to fight with a refill. I was the one choosing our battles, as commander, it is now the task of Nohjis and Backwards. As stipulated by the law, we "respect MoD orders in case of wars", i guess this is a kind of coordination with the government. We are also in contact with the CP and the MoD on a regular basis on IRC.

For details :
The Belgians Paras - Report 2 F8cb0c016fb24cea8684972
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-05-11, 17:41

My overall point is... would folks participate in the paras program at a funding level of 2 gold/day? Answer is yes (current program)

Would they participate if there were no subsidy? Some would.

Between those two points there is some number of high strength players that would participate in the program and either the number of players could be increased or the overall funding could be decreased.

Yes, the economy is terrible, and yes, folks have either stopped working in companies (Nohjis) or started selling them off (like me) to pay for training, but 18 gold/day for nine players is not necessarily what is best for eBelgium.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-05-11, 17:52

"Only" nine players maybe, but these nine are doing 80% of eBE's damages and are responsible for a good part of our income (without bot money and without taking into account the bot stimulation in which some paras are involved too). Why should we decrease the support we provide to our strongest and most active fighters ?

It seems like you're blocked on the number 2g/para, and that you would like to decrease it at all cost because you have the feeling it would be better, but i think that the arguments presented to defend this funding level are strong. You also say that this funding level is not tenable and that even if you estimate it important and necessary, you would like a decrase... While it have been proven several times that eBE's treasury was big enough to fund this program and this without any influence on the others citizens programs. To decrease this funding only to decrease it would be sad... :-/
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-05-11, 18:07

If all nine paras would stay with a funding level of 1.5 gold/day, with the same funding we could add 3 more players and have 12 in the program.

and wouldn't that be better for eBelgium?

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by theophyledepatryarkes 2012-05-11, 18:24

If I understand this discussion correctly...
Is the idea here to find the minimum amount of gold for which the paras would stay in the program?
I think this better be brought to the congress part of the forum...
But I wonder if it's not been calculated already.
theophyledepatryarkes
theophyledepatryarkes
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2012-05-11, 18:47

goopypants wrote:If all nine paras would stay with a funding level of 1.5 gold/day, with the same funding we could add 3 more players and have 12 in the program.

and wouldn't that be better for eBelgium?
As already said, 9 of the 35 citizens who have a q6 influ superior to 3000 are already paras. On the 26 others, only 4 applied to the paras but almost none can meet all the paras requirements (Q3 TG to use the funding in the most efficient way, average of 160-180 hits, irc activity, being able to spend 1.47g each day on training + guns/foods, etc...).

The tables also show that it is most efficient in term of return on investment to spend gold on high str fighters because the difference they will make will be bigger (in Q6 hit increase/day). But also keep in mind that if you want to lower the funding of paras to 1.5g per day, it will not be 3360 bef that paras will have to be able to spend each day to be part of this group, but 4360 bef, which will make the access to the paras even more difficult as it is now... The solution for the future, to let us welcome 1 or 2 new paras if some of our stronger citizens become more active/healthy, would be to continue to stimulate our daily taxes income, not to cut the existing funding.

That's also why the goal is not to create a second BNA as we said from the start, but to support an elite belgian fighters group with our best fighters... And it seems our strongest fighters in eBE are around 9, not around 20, and it's our reality... :-/
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down