eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks NLSP!

+7
boer jan
RayCaptain
Nohjis
goopypants
Yannis
Stijn Puttemans
Kylero
11 posters

Go down

Thanks NLSP! Empty Thanks NLSP!

Post by Kylero 2012-10-16, 02:58

eBelgium is much more fun than it was when you took office!!!
Kylero
Kylero
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Thanks NLSP! Empty Re: Thanks NLSP!

Post by Kylero 2012-10-16, 06:46

Thanks NLSP! 64570d1337452356-poor-4runner-warning-graphic-content-borat-not-jb
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by Stijn Puttemans 2012-10-16, 14:40

I suggest that with the next country president elections you try to convince more people to vote for you in staid of whining every day about NLSP
Stijn Puttemans
Stijn Puttemans
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-10-16, 16:07

Sorry Kylero, but i just can't understand the purpose of this post Sad
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2012-10-16, 16:23

I just get so frustrated with these charlatans who pronise to make eBe great but instead sit on their hands and maintain the status quo...which isnt that great. We need plans and strategies. Its not like Congress is being obstructionist, sure they're lazy sometimes, but the CP needs to set an agenda and identify ways to reach certain goals and give Congress a means to accomplish that. I don't see any of this going on.
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-10-16, 16:27

NLSP refused to set an agenda. If you go back and read his campaign pledges, he specifically didn't promise to do anything.

Which is what his plan is, to two-click through a CP term.

Real fun times!
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Stijn Puttemans 2012-10-16, 16:31

I suggest that you write an agenda and go for country president.
Stijn Puttemans
Stijn Puttemans
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-10-16, 16:36

Thinkin' about it.

May just throw my support behind Kylero. Or maybe Vincent Pain. Gotta see if Vincent is running on Marxist-Anarchist platform or a Anarchist-Marxist platform.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-10-16, 16:43

I just get so frustrated with these charlatans who do not wish to participate in anything proposed and then go on saying it's all done wrong, for the wrong reasons and say nothing is happening. This while proposing nothing themselves.

Ofcourse... the CP sets goals which are to be realized by those who actively participate. The goals of the past 3 terms have been in Finances, Foreign Affairs and the military.

In the past 3 months CPs have realized moving out of neutrality, reducing spending from over 1.000.000 CC a month to 300.000 CC a month and giving the military a goal to achieve. Next to that they've managed to implement and enforce an immigration policy valid for those on the forum.

You are free to disagree with the direction taken, free to propose alternative ideas and work on realizing them. Saying "nothing" happened aside from maintaining the status quo just goes to show how much you were paying attention or how much you care for the functions of the executive.

If you're lacking fun when not even trying to participate, who's to blame ?
Nohjis
Nohjis

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-10-16, 16:47

I thought you quit politics?

NLSP didn't propose anything. So what is there to participate in?

I'm not complaining that NLSP is doing anything wrong, per se, since he isn't DOING ANYTHING.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-10-16, 17:08

goopypants wrote:I thought you quit politics?

NLSP didn't propose anything. So what is there to participate in?

I'm not complaining that NLSP is doing anything wrong, per se, since he isn't DOING ANYTHING.

I did quit active politics, quitting active politics doesn't mean I stopped having an opinion. Quite frankly no idea what NLSP has been doing personally but I see Citizen Packs are running, BYS is running, Army receives funds, MoD did a strike, MoF proposed some financial changes. There have been a few informative articles in game. I see immigration policy is being executed. I see talks happened in CoT for the MoFA department. I see the Moldova MPP got renewed.

In short I see the executive branch doing its job. Can't say the same about congress even when they're kindly being asked to do something but last I checked the executive and the legislative branch are two different things.

Last edited by Nohjis on 2012-10-16, 17:10; edited 1 time in total
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2012-10-16, 17:09

Hm... Well Goopy ran for President right? What's your plans and maybe we can come to the center of the isle so to speak. I like to think of myself as 'reaching across' to either side usually, but it's not like I have a constitution to prove that or anything... Oh wait...
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-10-16, 17:25

Quite frankly no idea what NLSP has been doing personally

And how do we disagree?

RayCaptain wrote:Hm... Well Goopy ran for President right? What's your plans and maybe we can come to the center of the isle so to speak. I like to think of myself as 'reaching across' to either side usually, but it's not like I have a constitution to prove that or anything... Oh wait...

Dissolve the treasury, burn the constitution, and just use the in-game module.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2012-10-16, 17:35

That response never gets old..."well then YOU propose something". I'm not the CP and I'm not in Congress. He has a mandate and has brought nothing new to the table. Yes hes carrying out the day to day tasks, thats not the issue. We need vision and something to strive for to get us out of this funk.
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by boer jan 2012-10-16, 17:39

NLSP and his ministry are finalizing the projects started by his 2 predecessors.
Maybe with not enough publications filled with naked girls, but at least they do what is to be done, who now at the end there will be some new propositions if they have time for it
Congress is indeed silent, but I have the feeling that all this "word battles" and "court cases" has a negative and distracting effect on their behaviour.
Goopy, do not know what happened to you, but you need to take care of it, al I miss is the famous F-word and I give as diagnose "multiple personality".
boer jan
boer jan
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-10-16, 20:30

Kylero wrote:That response never gets old..."well then YOU propose something". I'm not the CP and I'm not in Congress. He has a mandate and has brought nothing new to the table. Yes hes carrying out the day to day tasks, thats not the issue. We need vision and something to strive for to get us out of this funk.

Out of what funk ? There is no status quo, there is slow but certain evolution. The most important I said was, take part in what is happening before you say nothing happens.

I'm sorry the military finally having a reason to fight somewhere is not fun for you.
I'm sorry that you don't see the point in participating in an alliance.
I'm sorry that you don't see the point in the social programs that exist.
I'm sorry that you didn't see the point in being an active party president during the previous term (actively recruiting people to your cause)
I'm sorry noone seems to be able to find anyone to match Cooke's skills as MoFUN.
I'm sorry noone else seems to step up with a program eBelgians want to vote for.

The current vision, the current something to strive for the majority is apparently to be able to maintain our social and military programs as long as possible and to be able to continue to take part in the alliance a supermajority of congress chose to become a part of. A president doesn't need to bring something new each term, a president needs to make sure a mid-long term vision is executed.

That is not to say there's nothing to improve, more communication about CoT for example would certainly be welcome, especially from the MoD so that people see why CotD and DO are set the way they are so that there is a metagame reason to engage in things. Sadly, due to a certain hostility and an inexplicable apathy of the general populace in the media module, ministers and presidents don't seem motivated to communicate 24/7 about every little step they make.

And it is not to say that another program isn't possible either. LCC are defending their vision and coming up with ideas to improve things according to their egalitarian vision of things.

But just being bland and stating wow everything about this or that person is wrong, launching nothing but personal attacks isn't going to help. And if you're effectively unhappy with policy and don't want to step up yourself, the only right thing to do is to find someone that represents your ideas and support him or her. If no such person exists, whining and complaining about how bad you think things are will just make you unhappier.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-10-16, 20:42

I'm sorry that I don't make articles where I take credit for things, just for the sake of taking credit of things.
The government is working and when something new is achieved or need to be proposed, a statement by the government is made.
The things that were proposed in my running for CP-articles, are being worked on right now. If you want to read again and again that we are doing this, just reread these articles ...
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2012-10-16, 20:55

a lot of ebelgians are going in other countries and work for them. We lost a lot of benefit.

For the neutrality, it's sad, but the game is that too. Admins wanted more wars, they made a lot of things to stop our neutrality.

I don't agree but i respect the decision.

Now, i can't agree, we are doing nothing.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-10-16, 21:56

Ow, well, the end of the neutrality doesn't seem to be so disadvantageous to me. Smile We have wars, which means a better rank progression of citizens and more medals in the long term, along with giving our weapon factories some work (pretty much like real life, sad story). It also gives some entertainment to players. But I must admit I don't really know the advantages of the neutrality.

Also I joined 3 days ago so I only experienced our current situation, but what is it like when "something" is happening? What do you expect to happen?
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffie 2012-10-16, 22:00

Yannis wrote: But I must admit I don't really know the advantages of the neutrality.

I think it was funny when this game was not only a war-gold-buying-game.
Economy, diplomacy...
cliffie
cliffie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-10-16, 22:41

Elynea wrote:we are doing nothing.
This is not true, we have joined CoT, already 1 MoD strike has been executed, another one is planned, after lack of action by congress changes for BNA were proposed, ...
There have not been made an TW, since this is not possible yet, but I would be rather disappointed if that is the only way that 'something can be done'
The projects that were announced in my campaign are being worked on

cliffie wrote:
Yannis wrote: But I must admit I don't really know the advantages of the neutrality.

I think it was funny when this game was not only a war-gold-buying-game.
Economy, diplomacy...
This is totally true, but unfortunately the CP doesn't have influence on the decisions made by the admins on gameplay.
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffie 2012-10-16, 22:43

NLSP wrote:
This is totally true, but unfortunately the CP doesn't have influence on the decisions made by the admins on gameplay.

I know some CPs tried to have more influence... and they were banned!!!
cliffie
cliffie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-10-16, 22:49

well, you can try to have more influence, as long as you don't give critic to the admins, or the game or any kind of game mechanics, and you do not create any kind of bad PR for them Razz
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Jayne Summers 2012-10-17, 01:17

This constant criticism needs to stop. Government is working very effectively so far. Fair enough NLSP hasn't eaten all the kittens and destroyed the constitution and produced radical new policies that no one has ever need comprehended, but he's working on it!

This bitterness helps no one.
Lily Jayne Summers
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down