eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
MaryamQ
Fhaemita Malodorous
Gyantse
Stijn Puttemans
tommot
MCKitkat
NLSP
Mabellene
12 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post by Mabellene 2012-10-27, 19:06

Hello everybody,

I`m new here at this forum and at eBelgium. I will try to present myself to you in a few words, I am a real life Belgian citizen and I speak English, Dutch and French (my writing of French is not so perfect, I must admit). I am also a new member of Congress and in this short period of time I have found things that I don`t like here in this community and I`m prepared to do everything what is in my power to change it in a positive way for the benefit of all players. First of all, what is bothering me most is this non-exictence of Natural Enemy (NE) and possibility to earn a True Patriot (TP) medal. As it is one of the main targets and achievements of this game. I can`t understand players who are against it, as I wonder why do they actually play this game, what`s their fun as I don`t have maximum pleasure and fun, not as much I would like to. And even more it costs me "real" money to buy gold and money units, so playing here it`s not for nothing. I agree and I know eBelgium is small community and the eBelgium state is not earning enough money from the taxes. So I have a solution for those problems. We should simply encrease taxes and recruit new players. First measure is not going to be popular by majority, but I don`t see other solution to help our financial situation. My second idea is more realistic as it is more populistic approach, we should work on together to attract new people and to bring them to the game so we our dear eBelgium and we all together can benefit from it. And I was told to ask for a "mask" from NLSP.
Greetings,
Mabellene
Mabellene
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post by NLSP 2012-10-27, 19:25

Hey, welcome to this game Smile

Many people are sharing your wish for an NE and the gov is working on it, I'm glad to see that you want to change things here Smile

For the masks, an admin will give you a citizenmask and then you will have access to the congress section, there is a topic where you can ask for you congress member mask (the CoC will give that to you) and you will get then the ability to vote.

Unfortunately, I'm not an admin for the moment, so I can't give you any mask.

Have fun!
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat 2012-10-27, 19:43

Welcome and have fun New Member 85544
MCKitkat
MCKitkat
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommot 2012-10-27, 20:42

Well hello there and welcome on the forum.

You have interesting ideas that i love to debate in the debate-area.
My second idea is more realistic as it is more populistic approach, we should work on together to attract new people and to bring them to the game so we our dear eBelgium and we all together can benefit from it.
I like to hear you're thoughts on this without getting stuck on possible personal dislikes towards one and another.
First measure is not going to be popular by majority, but I don`t see other solution to help our financial situation.
that's a matter that is a lot harder(as you say), even now we do make small steps towards that.
First of all, what is bothering me most is this non-exictence of Natural Enemy (NE) and possibility to earn a True Patriot (TP) medal. As it is one of the main targets and achievements of this game.
Maybe that is a goal for several players, but it is not necessary the goal of almost every player.
I can`t understand players who are against it, as I wonder why do they actually play this game, what`s their fun as I don`t have maximum pleasure and fun, not as much I would like to.
There are numerous reasons to play the game as it is multie-purpose game platform aimed at the simulation of a republican/democratic virtual world.
These are just a few reasons why people play the game:
* Becoming a media mogul: (not necessarily connected to the medal) enjoying writing stuff...
* Medal hunting: witch mean not exclusively fighting and warfare
* Warfare: leading a MU, becoming a strong fighter(influence, strength...), acquiring mercenary medal or battle hero medal...
* Political ambitions: be a party-member/president/founder, establish your opinion, acquiring the CP position or be a congress-member, shape the nation you are in
* be a leader or hold a position in an alliance

Enough of this, you get the idea, right?
The most important thing is that you enjoy doing it(whatever it is).
tommot
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stijn Puttemans 2012-10-27, 20:55

welcome
Stijn Puttemans
Stijn Puttemans
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyantse 2012-10-27, 22:05

Hello and welcome
Gyantse
Gyantse
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty this game

Post by Mabellene 2012-10-27, 22:16

Hi Tommot and everyone else,

We are here to talk and discuss and not to dislike one another certainly, as we don`t know each other at all. Everyone has a right to say what`s on his mind and has a right to express its opinion.
What I had in my mind when I was talking about promoting the game is following.
We need new people, no question about it and it can be done in a several ways. Through media, internet, networking an so on. Without paying or spending real money.

Financial situation in eBelgium is as it is, but without bonuses and certain risks we can not move forward.

Our alliance in CoT is not worth much, as it stands now. From what I have just seen here, people are not that enthusiastic about it. If you ask me personally, we should be in EDEN alliance.

My personal goal in this game is certainly to achieve as much as possible, not only in a military field, but step by step. This non-existence of TP medal, hurts my pocket. As I have to buy more gold myself and I dont get bonuses against NE. If I have to spend more and to buy more, I am not happy, I am pissed because of it, I can tell you.

Like you say:
"There are numerous reasons to play the game as it is multie-purpose game platform aimed at the simulation of a republican/democratic virtual world."

Its only a game, at the end.
Mabellene
Mabellene
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by MCKitkat 2012-10-27, 22:34

Mabellene wrote:Hi Tommot and everyone else,

We are here to talk and discuss and not to dislike one another certainly, as we don`t know each other at all. Everyone has a right to say what`s on his mind and has a right to express its opinion.
What I had in my mind when I was talking about promoting the game is following.
We need new people, no question about it and it can be done in a several ways. Through media, internet, networking an so on. Without paying or spending real money.

The problem is that eBelgium doesn't offer much possibilities, we are a small nation without many wars.

Financial situation in eBelgium is as it is, but without bonuses and certain risks we can not move forward.

But these risks are most times higher then the bonuses we get.

Our alliance in CoT is not worth much, as it stands now. From what I have just seen here, people are not that enthusiastic about it. If you ask me personally, we should be in EDEN alliance.

EDEN hates us, we are on their blacklist.

My personal goal in this game is certainly to achieve as much as possible, not only in a military field, but step by step. This non-existence of TP medal, hurts my pocket. As I have to buy more gold myself and I dont get bonuses against NE. If I have to spend more and to buy more, I am not happy, I am pissed because of it, I can tell you.

We all are, but we have other possibilities to get gold, doing other missions. TP is not the only mission, be aware of that.

Like you say:
"There are numerous reasons to play the game as it is multie-purpose game platform aimed at the simulation of a republican/democratic virtual world."

Its only a game, at the end.
MCKitkat
MCKitkat

Back to top Go down

Post by tommot 2012-10-27, 22:45

This non-existence of TP medal, hurts my pocket. As I have to buy more gold myself and I dont get bonuses against NE. If I have to spend more and to buy more, I am not happy, I am pissed because of it, I can tell you.
Then why spend gold on it. Use it for other means, like building an economical empire or upgrade anything within reach of you budget(and build up further like that). It is a long term investment.

Let me stress on this also:
a republican/democratic virtual world
war is only a small part of it all.

Let me also say that i'm not trying to tell you what you should do, i'm only sharing my opinion as i see it. Wink
tommot
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-10-27, 23:25

welcome
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-10-28, 02:01

Hello. As the others say, there are many ways to have fun. Enjoy discussing them here.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-10-28, 10:04

Hellow, have fun Smile
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Me o My

Post by Mabellene 2012-10-28, 10:30

"The problem is that eBelgium doesn't offer much possibilities, we are a small nation without many wars."
Rolling Eyes
There are so many possibilities as you like, if you just want to embrace them and give them a try.
We don`t need to be defeatists and loosers, if we are small by numbers.
In real life Belgium is also small, but still we have headquaters of NATO/OTAN and EU situated here.

"But these risks are most times higher then the bonuses we get."
Rolling Eyes
Risks? Those risks are not real life risks, it`s only a game, it`s about fun. Playing games is just little bit like discovering what lies beneath and behind closed doors who wait to be opened by someone.

"EDEN hates us, we are on their blacklist."
Rolling Eyes
Very interesting point, how comes and why does EDEN hates us?
It must be, we have been noty and not doing what we were supposed to do.
And who is responsible for this unfriendly situation? He should be spanked on his/her bottom.

"We all are, but we have other possibilities to get gold, doing other missions. TP is not the only mission, be aware of that."
Crying or Very sad
So you think, I don`t deserve to get what I achieved and fought for and I spent my money on.
Evil or Very Mad
Not all players are wealthy and have money to spend and to invest and can have directly WEP and FOOD Q7 factories, it costs money, again.
Evil or Very Mad

So to finish this topic and writing. I have to say, I have gained very good idea how majority of people here think and I`ll keep that in mind certainly and it is my mission to work on changes.
Mabellene
Mabellene
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-10-28, 13:50

well, I think that while you have the opinion that other people are preventing you from achieving your goals (TP-medals), other people think that you will prevent them from their goals (having more economical successes)

These two main ideas of playing are direct opponents with each other and it is important to find a compromise for this. An regular NE is necessary and we have been lacking this for some time, but on the same time a long occupation is something that needs to be avoided.

The reason why we have been on EDEN's blacklist, is cause we weren't EDEN's little bitches that did whatever they asked. eBe was in a 'neutrality'-phase for a long time and EDEN didn't agree with that, invaded us a few times, etc ...
Being allied to EDEN is for many citizens a total no-go
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by boer jan 2012-10-28, 14:50

welcome, glad to see you have already a good sight on the game.
Just want to tell that if you already buy gold in the stage you are in, than you do not use all the opportunities of the game or.. you want to run to fast (and yes we all wanted that, think it is normal Cool ).
On top of it, it is not the best period economical to buy gold now while the money-market is so bad.
You will see that after a while things will go much easier, and gold can be earned ingame on many occasions for free.
boer jan
boer jan
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2012-10-29, 07:13

Welcoma and have fun, glad to see you want discussions on a positive way.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Pain 2012-10-30, 15:18

Welcome comrad!

Vincent Pain
Vincent Pain
Forum Hero
Forum Hero