eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So since ENTENTE is totally awesome

+18
ThomasRED
Rod Damon
Sammy Tanghe
Frerk
Orango
RayCaptain
Innos28
Val3rian
oXyTeC
JHemelhof
shadowukcs
Fhaemita Malodorous
Apotygma
Zarsky
Aldous Zamiatin
Manong Z
Xgentis Lempereur
Reaussou
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So since ENTENTE is totally awesome Empty So since ENTENTE is totally awesome

Post by Reaussou 2010-06-04, 01:05

How about we post some international articles about us joining ENTENTE?

If you want to say 'Hi' in there media and bump their articles:

Venezuela: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-entente-bienvenida-b-lgica-nuevo-staff-nuevos-planes-y-la-guerra-mex-ven1-1400065/1/20
France: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-entente-nouvelle-quipe-nouveaux-plans-et-guerre-mexique-v-n-zuela-1400051/1/20
Ukraine: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-1-1400042/1/20
Italy: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-entente-benvenuto-belgio-nuovo-staff-nuovi-piani-e-guerra-mex-ven-1400037/1/20
Mexico: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-entente-bienvenida-b-lgica-nuevo-staff-nuevos-planes-y-la-guerra-mex-ven1-1400068/1/20
Paraguay: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-entente-bienvenida-b-lgica-nuevo-staff-nuevos-planes-y-la-guerra-mex-ven-1400062/1/20

Go go go!
Don't hesitate to celebrate our entrance by posting all the articles you find. (Also the negative ones)

So since ENTENTE is totally awesome Batman
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

So since ENTENTE is totally awesome Empty Re: So since ENTENTE is totally awesome

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 02:43

Some ukrainians weren't really nice...
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

So since ENTENTE is totally awesome Empty Re: So since ENTENTE is totally awesome

Post by Manong Z 2010-06-04, 03:31

I hate Entente and Ukraine. I loathed eUkraine ever since I started this game.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-06-04, 04:17

Why so, Manong? Because of the constant PTO pressure there?

Xgentis, what do you mean? Most people who commented on your last article were eUkrainians, and their reactions were positive.
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarsky 2010-06-04, 05:07

He means that many of the eUkrainians on the "official" article said things such as "Another loser country joining a loser alliance" and "More losers". They weren't very optimistic on that article.
Zarsky
Zarsky
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2010-06-04, 06:00

eUkraine's been quite cocky ever since. And I never really liked Entente. And I only like France for Elynea is a very good friend of mine (and she likes France).
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-04, 07:24

Zarsky wrote:He means that many of the eUkrainians on the "official" article said things such as "Another loser country joining a loser alliance" and "More losers". They weren't very optimistic on that article.

To us to show that they are wrong =P
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-06-04, 07:57

Congratz btw Belgium with joining Entente Smile
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-06-04, 08:27

Zarsky wrote:He means that many of the eUkrainians on the "official" article said things such as "Another loser country joining a loser alliance" and "More losers". They weren't very optimistic on that article.
Right.
But you shouldn't forget that Ukraine is a difficult to unify country (both ingame as in real life), so we shouldn't judge on a whole eNation based on the comments of some strong opponents of ENTENTE from that nation. And it is indeed partially up to us to give the alliance a new life and to convince the pessimists that they were wrong Wink
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarsky 2010-06-04, 16:54

I agree with you, those pessimists are probably only a small handful of Ukrainians who wanted to show their anger with their current alliance, while the majority supports the ENTENTE.

Manong, how is Ukraine cocky?
Zarsky
Zarsky
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 19:46

Isn't France thinking of leaving the Entente for Phoenix?
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-rf-entente-ou-phoenix-nous-voulons-votre-avis-1-1399280/1/20
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 20:06

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Isn't France thinking of leaving the Entente for Phoenix?
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-rf-entente-ou-phoenix-nous-voulons-votre-avis-1-1399280/1/20

only shows how fragile Entente is. France is very divided on leaving, and if they leave then there is chance in hell Italy will say either. Ukraine also wants to leave Entente, but can't since it's under Russian control. Mexico doesn't exist. Paraguay I wouldn't even count as a country. What's left then?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by JHemelhof 2010-06-04, 20:09

shadowukcs wrote:only shows how fragile Entente is. France is very divided on leaving, and if they leave then there is chance in hell Italy will say either. Ukraine also wants to leave Entente, but can't since it's under Russian control. Mexico doesn't exist. Paraguay I wouldn't even count as a country. What's left then?

Belgium cheers No, serious: I don't think they will leave Entente, they just want to find out what the citizens think on this topic. I think that they like Entente and they don't want to go to an 'offensive alliance' like Phoenix, but that's what I think Wink
JHemelhof
JHemelhof
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 20:17

shadowukcs wrote:
Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Isn't France thinking of leaving the Entente for Phoenix?

only shows how fragile Entente is. France is very divided on leaving, and if they leave then there is chance in hell Italy will say either. Ukraine also wants to leave Entente, but can't since it's under Russian control. Mexico doesn't exist. Paraguay I wouldn't even count as a country. What's left then?

I agree the entente is collapsing it's like we are embarking a sinking boat.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-06-04, 20:19

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:

Nothing wrong with changing your opinion again... and again... and again.
You're so easily convinced Razz.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oXyTeC 2010-06-04, 20:21

well if they leave belgium could take control and start its conquest for global domination Twisted Evil
oXyTeC
oXyTeC
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 20:22

JHemelhof wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:only shows how fragile Entente is. France is very divided on leaving, and if they leave then there is chance in hell Italy will say either. Ukraine also wants to leave Entente, but can't since it's under Russian control. Mexico doesn't exist. Paraguay I wouldn't even count as a country. What's left then?

Belgium cheers No, serious: I don't think they will leave Entente, they just want to find out what the citizens think on this topic. I think that they like Entente and they don't want to go to an 'offensive alliance' like Phoenix, but that's what I think Wink

I'm not saying we're a sinking ship, I'm just saying that the entire alliance hangs or falls with France. Something they realise too. And I just have had bad experience in the past with alliances that became to reliable to one country.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 20:26

Reaussou wrote:
Xgentis Lempereur wrote:

Nothing wrong with changing your opinion again... and again... and again.
You're so easily convinced Razz.

Is it wrong to change my opinions?
And I never say that I don't support our entrance in the entente I am just worried that it might be for nothing.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Val3rian 2010-06-04, 22:07

No it's not wrong but changing again and again makes from you a person that has no real opinion.

Val3rian
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://www.erepublik.com/fr/citizen/profile/3174192

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 22:17

Val3rian wrote:No it's not wrong but changing again and again makes from you a person that has no real opinion.

or someone that is still learning about all this

lets face it, not many ppl know much about alliances. On this forum there's only me, Rod and Thomas. I think the fact that he's changing opinion often only shows that he's learning new things about this every day. which is good if you ask me
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarsky 2010-06-04, 22:53

He might be learning quite a bit, but he doesn't try and see other ways that his opinion could also be right. Instead it seems like he just falls into the other person's argument without judgement.
Zarsky
Zarsky
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 23:03

Should I fell insulted?
I hope really I do that the Entente will not collapse it's just that I find strange that at the moment we join the alliance that eFrance and eUkraine talk about leaving it. If interogating myself is fobiden might as well quit the game?

Edited forgot a word lol Embarassed

Last edited by Xgentis Lempereur on 2010-06-04, 23:13; edited 1 time in total
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-04, 23:09

Should I fell insulted?
I hope really I do that the Entente will not collapse it's just that I find strange that at the moment we join the alliance that eFrance and eUkraine about leaving it. If interogating myself is fobiden might as well quit the game?

In fact you should see in this also a kind of propaganda from Shadowukcs. He never liked us joining ENTENTE and will make me pay for it everyday. In life there are always two sides of the story with often two different points of view and switching just because you heard one could be considered as not smart. As a lot of people say : "there is more than what meets the eye".

And as already said : eFrance and eUkraine are NOT leaving ENTENTE. Some people are not happy with it as is our dear Shadow, but it is not because that they are screaming the loudest that everyone thinks it and that it will happen.
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 23:17

Apotygma wrote:
Should I fell insulted?
I hope really I do that the Entente will not collapse it's just that I find strange that at the moment we join the alliance that eFrance and eUkraine about leaving it. If interogating myself is fobiden might as well quit the game?

In fact you should see in this also a kind of propaganda from Shadowukcs. He never liked us joining ENTENTE and will make me pay for it everyday. In life there are always two sides of the story with often two different points of view and switching just because you heard one could be considered as not smart. As a lot of people say : "there is more than what meets the eye".

And as already said : eFrance and eUkraine are NOT leaving ENTENTE. Some people are not happy with it as is our dear Shadow, but it is not because that they are screaming the loudest that everyone thinks it and that it will happen.

tbh, I won't admit I rather saw us join Brolliance, EDEN or Phoenix, that's true. but I have also accepted the fact that we are in ENTENTE now and since it's not likely going to change soon, I think it's better of for everyone if we focus on doing a good job in ENTENTE.

My comment was more intended as a remark, rather then a criticism (like I said, it's too late to turn back now so we might better accept it).

It is I think very true that Entente stands or falls with eFrance tho. IF (notice the "if) eFrance leaves for Phoenix, then ENTENTE will cease to exist imo.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 23:19

I know they are not leaving but they are discussing the possibility of leaving it.
They even organise a referendum on the question. We just have to hope their chauvinism will kept them in the alliance. lol
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-04, 23:20

It is I think very true that Entente stands or falls with eFrance tho. IF (notice the "if) eFrance leaves for Phoenix, then ENTENTE will cease to exist imo.

I can't deny that you are true, France is the leading force behind ENTENTE at the moment with Italy. I believe that a lot of French would remain active as they put a lot of time in it, but you never know.
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by Innos28 2010-06-04, 23:21

Don't know where to put this, but

What's the URL of the Entente forum?
Innos28
Innos28
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 23:23

http://entente.erepfrance.com/
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 23:27

Not really active it seems then again I don't know how an alliance forum should be.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 23:29

Apotygma wrote:

I can't deny that you are true, France is the leading force behind ENTENTE at the moment with Italy. I believe that a lot of French would remain active as they put a lot of time in it, but you never know.

even so, if France is out their support will be gone and if they are out, Italy will certainly be out as well.

the impact this would have on Belgium would be a catastrophe since every alliance we'd go to from there on will give the imaginary middle finger along with the words "sorry, but we don't want to be your second choice alliance".

I hope you see now why I, even tho I didn't agree with Belgium joining in the first place, think it's important that A) we stay in and B)that we make an effort in keeping that alliance complete. Us leaving or the alliance falling apart would benefit noone.

sending some ambassadors to France to reason with these guys (I have learned that in Foreign affairs, sometimes having a outsider giving your citizens advise, does wonders) wouldn't be a bad idea.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 23:31

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Not really active it seems then again I don't know how an alliance forum should be.

maybe they do most via IRC

In comparison, in the 4 months that I was SG (on the second ATLANTIS forum, the first ATLANTIS forum was a hidden section of the eUK forum), I had a postcount of +600, but then again I hated irc in those days and made sure most of the debates went via the forum.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-04, 23:41

All we have to do is to wait for the result of their referendum.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-04, 23:49

referendums are lol

whatever side wins, the other always claims the vote isn't vallid because only a active part of the population was taken in account and the 2-clickers didn't vote.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarsky 2010-06-06, 17:37

If you haven't seen the referendum results yet here they are:

1-Stay in Entente 124 52.99 %
2-Entrer Phoenix 93 39.74 %
3-Other 17 7.26 %
Total : 234
Zarsky
Zarsky
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-06, 21:03

Strange number 124 52.99 % Is there something I did not understand?
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarsky 2010-06-06, 21:10

124 votes, which makes 52.99% of the total.
Zarsky
Zarsky
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-06, 21:14

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Strange number 124 52.99 % Is there something I did not understand?

it means 124 votes or 52,99% of the total votes

not 12 452% as I assume you where thinking Laughing Laughing

either way, this only shows how close this is.

one good propaganda campaign for either side can shift everything.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-06, 21:17

Yes fragile alliance.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2010-06-06, 22:14

Well I support Belgium being in a smaller alliance since we are a smaller country. I will enjoy watching to see how this whole thing goes. I mean ENTENTE doesn't shake up eR too often but you can't underestimate them lol...
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Orango 2010-06-07, 01:18

eFrench ambassador talking:
We're not leaving the Entente, it was only to see the people's opinion on the topic. Notice that the participation rate was a little above 2%. Useless referendum. Wink
Orango
Orango
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-07, 01:23

But I know you want France to leave Entente to join Phoenix or at least that france become asociate member of the Entente and join phoeanix as a full member.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Orango 2010-06-07, 01:34

My personal opinion, it don't represent my country and has no business here, when I act as ambassador.
Orango
Orango
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2010-06-07, 02:14

Well I highly doubt (that after the PEACE incident, ya I called it an incident) that eFrance will be going back to Hungary, Russia, and Servia any time soon.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-08, 15:25

well, If I browse trough their public forum and you read this from a Staff member(!!!!!!), it isn't really motivating

Moua Mim wrote:YEA RIGHT............... the entente is quasi-dead, france high ressource regions are occupied, we have no mobile force, no communication, Of courseeeee LETS CHANGE THE LOGO.... that should be our priority...

Give me a second to laugh, i'm coming back... (or not)

when you then see that nearly half of france (and going trough most comments I can't help noticing that most who want to stay are chauvinists or noobs who's sole reason to stay in Entente is because that way they remain in charge in contrary to PHX where they are just a member, whereas the more known players and those with real international experience rather see France leaving... at least that's (maybe I'm wrong) the impression I'm getting.) wants to leave Entente, Mexico is pretty non-existent and Ukrainians keep trying to push a EDEN membership trough a Russian dominated congress for months now (which eventually is bound to work).

as for setting up a mobile army, that's the funniest of all. In order for a mobile army to be efficient you need +30strenghers, 30 strength is the minimum. otherwise it's complete a waste of money. We in Belgium here have exactly 2 ppl who meet that criteria: Palodigon (but he's congressman so he can't move) and ThomaRed (congressmember as well). Please explain me, how on earth we are going to participate in their mobile army ?(if it even gets created) We don't have the soldiers for it.

The last thing I want to see is us becoming some sort of private French army, use our gold to gain back Alps and Aquitaine for them, and then them leaving Entente for PHX. Coz that's what I would do if I where French president.

so my questions are:
-how are we going to deal with the mobile army when it's set up and they start realising that only France and Italy can supply a small amount of soldiers (bare in mind that for a mobile army to become efficient in "T-3min"-attacks you need +- 50 highly active IRC-obsessed soldiers)
-is the staff member correct when he says that there is no communication and that some representatives haven't even made a account?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Frerk 2010-06-08, 15:41

Come on bro, that's now how you run an alliance.

Frerk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-06-08, 16:38

shadowukcs wrote:well, If I browse trough their public forum and you read this from a Staff member(!!!!!!), it isn't real....blablabla

I think that's the reason why we're in a smaller alliance. We don't have very much to add to a large alliance like PHX or EDEN, so we joined ENTENTE.
Quit nagging and be constructive, give some ideas then. What would YOU do?! And I expect a just as long text as the one you just posted about how bad we are.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-06-08, 17:06

Quit nagging and be constructive, give some ideas then. What would YOU do?! And I expect a just as long text as the one you just posted about how bad we are.

hoho I wanted to ask exactly the same thing !
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-08, 17:20

Reaussou wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:well, If I browse trough their public forum and you read this from a Staff member(!!!!!!), it isn't real....blablabla

I think that's the reason why we're in a smaller alliance. We don't have very much to add to a large alliance like PHX or EDEN, so we joined ENTENTE.

abandon sinking ship.

As for bad communication because it's a smaller alliance I completely disagree. Atlantis, 4 countries more then Entente has atm (before greece, germany and israel joined) and nearly all representatives had a minimum of 100 posts a month (most where well above that).

I have actually thought about what we could do for entente a few nights ago and honestly, I don't really see much we can do except like I said above, leave the sinking ship.

The thing that bothers me the most is that ENTENTE is handling their alliance completely wrong. Their entire structure and way of doing things exists of 100% trying to copy-cat EDEN/PHOENIX (just look at the EMC, the emertius system,....) But they fail miserably at that because they have no way near the numbers nor the strength of EDEN/PHX nations. The ironic thing about Entente is that they took every bad thing about EDEN/PEACE/PHX/ATLANTIS, enlarged that, while forgetting about the good things (joined intel services, timed last minute strikes, good ATO-PTO organisation, good PR,...)

Entente will never succeed by doing what other alliances have done in the past or are doing. They are simply too weak for it. The whole world sees it, the whole world knows it, but they just can't seem to realise it.

a mobile army for example is useless, entente's military is the weakest in e-world and since nearly every country is in an alliance nowadays it has no use to make pathetic attempts of setting up a mobile army. Why focus on something like that then? We know we will never have the military strength to deal with anyone, why not focus on PTO/ATO's in stead? You don't need high strengtheners for that and with 300ppl you already do quite some decent PTO's. Not to mention they are allot more effective then actual wars.

dealing with inactives: 7 days after the elections still no representative or countries who send representatives who are barely online= 1 public warning, second time: kick out of the alliance. Same for countries refusing to offer help. as simple as that. That's how I did it in ATLANTIS.

ofcourse, such things take balls, and I doubt Entente management has the guts for it.

tl;dr

1)first suggestion: destroy the sinking ship
2)in case 1 doesn't work:

A)stop the whole mobile army thing
B)start focussing on being the leading alliance when it comes to PTO's/ATO's
C)stop stupid copying attempts
D)take a SG with better PR skills
E)kick everone and everything that isn't active or not cooperative.
F)kick all weak elements (but I guess then 90% of the alliance should be kicked so maybe better not)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-06-08, 18:22

Entering the Entente was the safest choice. If we joined Brolliance some of our beloved neighbours would have taken it badly. What I propose to do is nothing if the Entente sink that's to bad.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-06-08, 18:27

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Entering the Entente was the safest choice. If we joined Brolliance some of our beloved neighbours would have taken it badly. What I propose to do is nothing if the Entente sink that's to bad.

I think best choice would have been Phoenix

second best would have been brolliance or EDEN. Our neighbours wouldn't have done jackshit, coz noone of them is a match for the MPP's we would have just look at ireland and eUK pathetic cowering responds to their mpp's), not to mention that every of our neighbours can be initiative blocked by a Brolliance/EDEN country.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next