eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL: Joining a Large Alliance

+6
Citizen Robespierre
Fhaemita Malodorous
Glenn Wauters
Medrolke
M.Leviathin
Stilpo
10 posters

Go down

If belgium were to join a large alliance, which one would be best?

POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Vote_lcap60%POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 9 ]
POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Vote_lcap7%POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Vote_lcap33%POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Empty POLL: Joining a Large Alliance

Post by Stilpo 2010-09-12, 20:25

In response to this recent article, I am curious to see which large alliance Belgian citizens would consider joining IF we were to join a large alliance. Just for the purposes of this poll assume that Belgium must join a large alliance and that we would be accepted as a member.

This poll is NOT binding in any way and was created out of sheer curisoity. As far as I know the current government has no plans to join a large alliance.

The poll will be open for one week, and is open to all Belgian citizens. Voters are encouraged to post the reason for thier choice. Have fun!
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

POLL: Joining a Large Alliance Empty Re: POLL: Joining a Large Alliance

Post by M.Leviathin 2010-09-12, 20:35

As much as it pains me to say it, Phoenix would be a better alliance for us to join. We're surrounded by Phoenix members and would probably just be a burden to EDEN/Brolliance if we joined them. Unlike Romania and Croatia, we do not have the numbers to defer an attack. We would more than likely lose all our territory in less than a week.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2010-09-12, 20:42

I can't decide. With EDEN/Bros I'd be fighting along side you. With Phoenix, I'd be hunting you all down. Both sound like good fun to me Very Happy

Also Stilpo, I just noticed that your sig looks suspiciously like a low budget version of mine Wink

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-09-12, 23:05

I would love to see Belgium in Brolliance, but I know that Phoenix is all around you
However, Why would they attack Belgium, like I said before, Belgium isnt a big walkway for the USA, it costs lots of gold to open a war with you, and then to attack all regions
While Phoenix needs all its money to fight elsewhere

(I havent voted)
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-09-12, 23:05

I life in a Eden/Bro country (South Africa) but Phoenix is the better choice for Belgium.
You are surrounded by Phoenix country, and becoming Eden or Brolliance would be suicide.
The country would be wiped off the map in no time.

Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-09-13, 00:28

I'd choose EDEN or Brolliance. We could provide them (EDEN or Brolliance) a tactical advantage since we are in the middle of a Phoenix spiderweb. But the vital part of the story would be concealing the fact that we'd be joining either one of them from Phoenix as long as we can, so to keep the initiative.
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-09-13, 11:07

Thing is: Phoenix would consider Belgium as a junior member, rubbish, not worth a penny, unimportant because of the fact that Belgium has no important strategic value
For Eden or the Brolliance you would be more important
In eden you would also be junior member i think
Dont know what you would be in Brolliance, but Ireland is right under Canada and the USA, so Belgium would probably also somewhere around that place
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-09-13, 12:34

PHX: we would be just an other country in Europe
EDEN: We'd be of a tactical importance, perhaps, but they'd have a lot of problems with defending us.
Bro: I'm totaly pro this one, coz they rock xD
Theneka
Theneka
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-13, 15:18

Phoenix would simply f :no: us over and make us pay hundreds or thousands of Gold to allow us to join, or to free or regions in case we get conquered.

Brolliance is the only way to go.
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-09-13, 15:29

The thing is, if we were to join either Brolliance or EDEN, we should get in our terms of agreement upon joining, that they will send a contigent of soldiers to our regions before it is even made public that we have joined EDEN/Brolliance, just in case to be prepared, and we would be fine...

To end it with a quote: "A people, which is content with its homeland and which dreads even a shadow of a conflict, lacks the characteristics of a superior race." King Leopold II Smile
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-09-13, 16:20

Lol. Don't quote that f :no:.
And I'd say we would have to sign an MPP with USA before we join, but as we are in ONE now, and I'm putting a lot of work in getting that alliance up and running, this remains purely theoretical speculation.
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2010-09-14, 13:53

Citizen Robespierre wrote:To end it with a quote: "A people, which is content with its homeland and which dreads even a shadow of a conflict, lacks the characteristics of a superior race." King Leopold II Smile

Wasnt Leopold II responsible for the mass-murder in Congo, wich made him in the top 10 of biggest evil persons of all time?
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-14, 14:57

Theneka wrote:Lol. Don't quote that f No.

Glenn Wauters wrote:
Wasnt Leopold II responsible for the mass-murder in Congo, wich made him in the top 10 of biggest evil persons of all time?

Stalin was responsible for an estimated 20 million deaths and Mao for an estimated 50-70 million deaths, but to this day they're still being quoted and idealized by todays urban youth.

History has no place for morals.
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-09-14, 15:55

Habraka Abrivianius wrote:
Theneka wrote:Lol. Don't quote that f No.

Glenn Wauters wrote:

Stalin was responsible for an estimated 20 million deaths and Mao for an estimated 50-70 million deaths, but to this day they're still being quoted and idealized by todays urban youth.

History has no place for morals.

it is better to put things in perspective. Yes, Leopold has been considered responsible for the death of millions, but

wikipedia wrote:It should be noted that, as Hochschild describes in King Leopold's Ghost, many of Leopold's policies were adopted from Dutch practices in the East Indies, and similar methods were employed to some degree by Germany, France, and Portugal where natural rubber occurred in their colonies.

not a single western nation hasn't violated the rights of the native people of Africa and Asia during the colonisation period. It just happens to be that the main country that expressed anger concerning the matter, was the UK, who wouldn't have mind getting a part of this rich country and who himselfs weren't that friendly either (being the inventors of concentration camps during the Boer Wars in 1899-1902). Leopold's regime in the Congo was brutal, but not exceptional.

back on topic: geographic strategy says we'd need to ally with PHOENIX, seeing as we're in the middle of their back yard. Allying with EDEN/Bro's would mean we get a strategic importance in europe, but in order to use that, we'd prolly be asked to attack our neighbours, them being wellstacked with MPP's, which means retaliation attacks are possible and a huge amount of MPP's are needed to garantee our national security. We simple lack the funds for that. If we were to join any alliance, we should just be happy if we get two or three nice MPP's to get some combat sometimes and that's it.
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-09-14, 16:52

lol wut? Smile

Quoting someone and backing someones policy is a total different thing. What I meant to state with the quote is that we cannot keep prolonging the situation that we're in. We all agree to a certain level that wars drive the game and thus the game's economy. So we need to move on and make a choice...

If we'd choose to join Phoenix then we would be dependable on MPP's to get our war. If we'd choose to join the others (EDEN/Brol), war might very well come to us... It's all about the degree of certainty to get a war...
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-14, 19:20

If we'd join EDEN/BRO's and be part in any offensive against Phoenix, we wouldn't have to pay all costs ourselves though... MPP's and the likes, if strategically important, would be paid by the alliance or the bigger countries. Belgium could very well have 10-15 MPP's with EDEN/BRO countries, if strategically required, and afford it too.
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorne Reynders 2010-10-02, 13:37

what about doing such a poll again?
Jorne Reynders
Jorne Reynders
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member