eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Public politics]Who's running for President?

+26
Mikhail Alexander
Ernest Bogdansson
Innos28
Manong Z
Glenn Wauters
Fhaemita Malodorous
Jorne Reynders
Velitia
Kylero
LeValeureuxLiegeois
Sammy Tanghe
Medrolke
Stilpo
Citizen Robespierre
MaryamQ
Critically
Boklevski
stonix
Helviro
Theneka
Habraka Abrivianius
Ivan Alexashenko
Xgentis Lempereur
temujin94
aVegan
M.Leviathin
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Public politics]Who's running for President? Empty [Public politics]Who's running for President?

Post by M.Leviathin 2010-09-26, 18:44

Just curious. I think Theneka is again, right?
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

[Public politics]Who's running for President? Empty Re: [Public politics]Who's running for President?

Post by aVegan 2010-09-26, 20:29

I would hope Theneka gets a second term.
If anything he deserves it. Not to say he has already done a lot. It would be a pitty if he can't finish his projects.
aVegan
aVegan
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

[Public politics]Who's running for President? Empty Re: [Public politics]Who's running for President?

Post by temujin94 2010-09-26, 20:30

aVegan wrote:I would hope Theneka gets a second term.
If anything he deserves it. Not to say he has already done a lot. It would be a pitty if he can't finish his projects.

this
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-09-26, 21:15

And what is his project? Become the USSR of erepublik?
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Alexashenko 2010-09-26, 21:39

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:And what is his project?

I would like to know too.
Training war must needed,only way to do that is joining to one allience,Belgium position given so the choose obvious,To Phoenix....

Second option is remain neutral but that way going training war or real war not possible unless we want eBelgium destroyed.

Third option to do nothing,that would meand we stay neutral,new military module intruduced,Belgium already low population die.(no xp,no development possibility who will stay?)

Eden out of possibilities....

So really if we see eBelgium interest you know what to do.
Ivan Alexashenko
Ivan Alexashenko
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-26, 21:40

I would think his most important project has and still is a TW.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-26, 22:14

aVegan wrote:I would hope Theneka gets a second term.

What has Theneka done this term?

I, for one, haven't seen a single article from him since he got elected, bar the one asking for citizens to come to Belgium. He has made one proposal in Congress, regarding the TW Belgium still does not have. Congress has authorized 270 Gold to be paid, but yet no updates about when we can actually expect battles to start. I'm not doubting his intentions, but communication is lacking here.

What has he done to deserve a second term?
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-09-26, 23:07

I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to spend as much time as I wanted behind a computer, but I will write an article "what to do" tomorrow, and I hope I can publish it too then. atm my academy year has just started, and I'm in first year, so evrything is new (living on my own and stuff) so I didn't have as much time as I wanted. I hope that my article will be a good start with getting back on track.
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Helviro 2010-09-27, 09:05

I have to agree with Habraka that I'm lacking information. One term is short to change things, that's for sure, but we need info.

Convince us Theneka, Then we'll see
Helviro
Helviro
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stonix 2010-09-27, 12:26

+1 for Helviro and this:
I would think his most important project has and still is a TW.
stonix
stonix
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2010-09-27, 14:29

I could run... \o/

(nah, just trolling Theneka there a bit... he deserves that from time to time Razz)
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2010-09-27, 17:04

Kylero is running for president for the BCP !! I already take an interview with him... (for my newspaper)
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 17:07

Kylero is illegally running for president. Actually if he doesn't not step back and put our real candidate (our current CP) this should be seen as a PTO.

Critically please do not support him by giving an interview.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2010-09-27, 18:50

aVegan wrote:Kylero is illegally running for president. Actually if he doesn't not step back and put our real candidate (our current CP) this should be seen as a PTO.

Critically please do not support him by giving an interview.

How is Kylero's run illegal? I'm not arguing this, just asking for information.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 19:06

Wouldn't you agree that a PP first duty is to the party. To start nobody asked him to run for PP. Critically was.
During my PP is send him multiple messages but never got an answer. Except for the PP and congress elections he has been totally inactive. After he got elected a few of us send him messages. Nobody got an answer.
Before the PP elections it was supposed we would go for our current CP (who has done a great job). To not support a second term just doesn't make sense.

As far as I know nobody of the active party members want him to run for CP. At least nobody got a change to agree or not.

One should NOT run for PP if the only reason is to be able to set oneself as a candidate for the country presidency. The CP candidate should be chosen or/and supported by all party members (or at least a majority)!
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-27, 19:20

aVegan wrote:Wouldn't you agree that a PP first duty is to the party. To start nobody asked him to run for PP. Critically was.
During my PP is send him multiple messages but never got an answer. Except for the PP and congress elections he has been totally inactive. After he got elected a few of us send him messages. Nobody got an answer.
Before the PP elections it was supposed we would go for our current CP (who has done a great job). To not support a second term just doesn't make sense.

As far as I know nobody of the active party members want him to run for CP. At least nobody got a change to agree or not.

One should NOT run for PP if the only reason is to be able to set oneself as a candidate for the country presidency. The CP candidate should be chosen or/and supported by all party members (or at least a majority)!

Game mechanics > roleplay mechanics.

It's all nice and stuff to roleplay a real political party and let your members decide democratically who should be your next Country President candidate, but in the end, roleplay mechanics don't matter if you don't have any control over the game mechanics. The BCP elected Kylero as Party President, and in game, he has all the power. There is nothing you can do about Kylero running for CP in the BCP, seeing as he is PP.

Sucks, but that's reality.

Do you understand now why game mechanics are so damn important? They always come first place.
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 19:39

I actually hope that Kylero will find the roleplay mechanics more important.

And even if in game mechanics give short term victories in the long term roleplay mechanics will win.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-27, 19:55

aVegan wrote:
And even if in game mechanics give short term victories in the long term roleplay mechanics will win.

Sure they will. lol!
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-09-27, 20:11

Remark 4:

In order to avoid possible PTO’s, the eBelgian Constitution could have harden the in-game conditions to run for the country presidency. However it does not. Therefore the Constitution should only allow the current country President and the elected party Presidents to run for office. Party Presidents could elaborate their views on state affairs during the party presidential elections, while the common citizens would get the opportunity to get acquainted with the future candidates.

Don't say I didn't say so Cool

Applying your RP mechanics would be possible if you'd make the stakes for running PP higher (aka win PP then run for CP). (cfr UK in RL, labour party, Miliband). It doesn't even have to be in the constitution for it to work, if it's the general consensus in the party.
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2010-09-27, 20:34

aVegan wrote:Wouldn't you agree that a PP first duty is to the party. To start nobody asked him to run for PP. Critically was.

Well, whether I agree or not is not important. Nothing you say here shows that what Kylero is doing illegal, just that he is clearly not working well with his party, and unfortunately most parties seem to have that problem from time to time. If there had not been so many people running for PP in BCP, perhaps Kylero would not have won. This isn't Kylero's problem, it is a party unity problem.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2010-09-27, 20:46

MaryamQ wrote:Well, whether I agree or not is not important. Nothing you say here shows that what Kylero is doing illegal, just that he is clearly not working well with his party, and unfortunately most parties seem to have that problem from time to time. If there had not been so many people running for PP in BCP, perhaps Kylero would not have won. This isn't Kylero's problem, it is a party unity problem.

+1
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 20:46

The same can be said about SpreXX. He did nothing illegal.

I don't see why it is bad that multiple people run. Actually that is good for democracy. All other candidates where party approved.

And who says if Critically would have gotten 5 votes maybe Kylero would have gotten 5 magically as well. Isn't that how intelligent PTO'ers work?
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2010-09-27, 21:20

aVegan wrote:The same can be said about SpreXX. He did nothing illegal.

I don't see why it is bad that multiple people run. Actually that is good for democracy. All other candidates where party approved.

And who says if Critically would have gotten 5 votes maybe Kylero would have gotten 5 magically as well. Isn't that how intelligent PTO'ers work?
Actually, I think it could be argued that SpreXX did do something illegal. How did he get citizenship? And did you note that of his 11 recorded votes for Congress, 9 were disallowed by the admins? That certainly smacks of something illegal. Also, Kylero has been here for a while, got in legally, and has been active in the past. That does not sound like PTO to me. That is, in fact, an unjust thing to have said about him.

Last edited by MaryamQ on 2010-09-27, 21:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 21:23

PTO = Political Take Over

That Kylero has been active in the past does not matter. Actually if we look at his past we can see he did a PTO before. What makes this one different? He didn't change the party name. That is all.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 21:27

If it is illegal or not doesn't really matter.
Fact is that the current BCP has been taken over by someone.
You would aspect that you would offer help like we did when the BfB was under thread.
Instead you are talking about party unity, etc.

I'll remember this the next time when BfB, Res Belgica or another party has problems.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2010-09-27, 21:33

It's hardly the same tho is it? You've been taken over by a former active member of our comunity. The BfB and FB we're taken over by turkish immigrants.

Also, this discussion is a moot point. Do we acually know if he's running yet? Some PPs put themselves up even if they have no intention of running and then propose someone else later.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 21:35

I hope that will be the case.

And if that is the case I will swallow everything I said and crawl on my knees for forgiveness What a Face
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-09-27, 21:40

Kylero shows no sign of life nor does he reply mails...
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2010-09-27, 21:46

Medrolke wrote:Also, this discussion is a moot point. Do we acually know if he's running yet? Some PPs put themselves up even if they have no intention of running and then propose someone else later.

He wrote somewhere that he was running for sure. I don't remember if it was an article or forum post. Either way it doesn't matter because nobody is going to vote for an inactive candidate.
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-09-27, 21:51

Stilpo wrote:
Medrolke wrote:Also, this discussion is a moot point. Do we acually know if he's running yet? Some PPs put themselves up even if they have no intention of running and then propose someone else later.

He wrote somewhere that he was running for sure. I don't remember if it was an article or forum post. Either way it doesn't matter because nobody is going to vote for an inactive candidate.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/running-for-cp-1523622/1/20
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-27, 22:48

Citizen Robespierre wrote:
Remark 4:

In order to avoid possible PTO’s, the eBelgian Constitution could have harden the in-game conditions to run for the country presidency. However it does not. Therefore the Constitution should only allow the current country President and the elected party Presidents to run for office. Party Presidents could elaborate their views on state affairs during the party presidential elections, while the common citizens would get the opportunity to get acquainted with the future candidates.

Don't say I didn't say so Cool

Applying your RP mechanics would be possible if you'd make the stakes for running PP higher (aka win PP then run for CP). (cfr UK in RL, labour party, Miliband). It doesn't even have to be in the constitution for it to work, if it's the general consensus in the party.

Shouldn't we best use RL Belgium as a reference instead of England or the USA. In Belgium PP are normally not first minister candidates (please correct me if I am wrong). While in England it is the opposite we live in eBelgium.

I agree that by making PP elections about the CP we can counter this.
But in the other hand it would not improve politics. A CP is not always the best PP. If a CP is proposed by a party member that reflects trust. If a CP proposes himself that shows very little.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2010-09-27, 23:13

The trouble is that RL situations don't really apply here. In the USA, a PP is not necessarily a candidate for CP. In fact, I can think of one recent example where a man became PP after being a failed candidate for CP. The fact is, our community in eBelgium is much smaller than RL and governed by game rules/mechanics. A PP is, or should be, usually a trusted member of the party, and would naturally be a possible choice for CP. I'll agree that the 2 offices don't necessarily require the same qualities for success, but that is one of the flaws in any hierarchical system. People tend to rise to their level of incompetence, to quote a book popular when I was younger.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2010-09-28, 00:19

aVegan wrote:PTO = Political Take Over

That Kylero has been active in the past does not matter. Actually if we look at his past we can see he did a PTO before. What makes this one different? He didn't change the party name. That is all.

The same charge could have been leveled at you and Theneka (and in fact I have seen others observe this) when you left RB to "take back" this same party and asked us to help you. What makes him different from you? The truth is, Kylero probably joined BCP for the same reason you joined RB: He was looking for a place that most nearly matched his own views. That he has not been communicating with you certainly is not good, but judging from what I see here, he probably also feels himself to be in a hostile environment.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-28, 00:31

That he currently is in a hostile environment is pretty normal.
When we welcomed him their was certainly no hostility. If you remember I supported him when he ran for CP. I thought he did it to establish his party, now I know he only ran because he wants CP. Don't know what he is thinking. Cause this is clearly not the way to get elected.
But we won't know as he does not communicate at all.

I don't understand why you are bringing party politics in this. The stuff between Harka and me really changed you Suspect
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2010-09-28, 00:48

My bringing party politics into this really has nothing to do with Habraka. And in fact, I don't necessarily think Kylero is right in this. I am just wanting you to be fair in what you are saying. Friends do that.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-09-28, 01:10

anyway, at this moment kylero is running for sure.
I suspect sprexx is also running for sure

are velitia and m.leviathian also running for sure or just holding up appearances?
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2010-09-28, 01:24

Sammy Tanghe wrote:anyway, at this moment kylero is running for sure.
I suspect sprexx is also running for sure

are velitia and m.leviathian also running for sure or just holding up appearances?

I'm making sure the candidates list has some class until a worthy person of class announces his run.
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2010-09-28, 12:14

Not a party thing? Let me summarize:

Kylero (BCP) runs. You say Theneka (BCP) should run. BCP hasn't voted about it yet. So... eemz... how about making it an internal party thing and hold a vote first? Wink

Voting result can be in on September 30. If majority supports Theneka, look for a way to convince Kylero (Sept. 30 en Oct. 1), or look for other opportunities at October 2 (for example: let Theneka run in another party and vote him with the active BCP members).
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by aVegan 2010-09-28, 12:23

Actually I already had thought about these options.
I can only hope other parties will do the same for us as we would do for them.
Anyway all of this will happen behind the screens.
aVegan
aVegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Habraka Abrivianius 2010-09-28, 13:33

Isn't this a purely internal BCP matter?

You are asking the other parties to intervene because you do not like the results of a democratic election in your own party?

You don't mind democracy, as long as you or the people you want get elected. As soon as someone you do not want get democratically elected, you'll try to stage a coup d'etat, expecting the other parties to join you in this anti-democratic internal civil war, so you can reinstall your communist dictatorship.

You're funny. piggy
Habraka Abrivianius
Habraka Abrivianius
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeValeureuxLiegeois 2010-09-28, 17:11

I guess the real candidates will publish their manifesto.
Critically has also done some interviews. Let's see who answered to his requests to know who's really wanting to run.
LeValeureuxLiegeois
LeValeureuxLiegeois
Thread-Eater
Thread-Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2010-09-29, 00:06

aVegan wrote:I actually hope that Kylero will find the roleplay mechanics more important.

Haha, well I guess I'm the talk of the town huh? I think its funny that A Vegan would say this as I have been the one in the past that many said I took roleplay mechanics TOO seriously! I'm the one that wanted the CP to swear an Oath, that we have a justice system, and what did I get? "Oh, its just a game!". Well, here we are, and I'm playing the game. Do these forums even matter anymore? What have we done that has helped this country in here that couldn't be accomplished elsewhere? A Vegan, if you wanted to have control of the CP nominating process, you should have ran for PP.

I'm running for CP, I've submitted my interview to Critically, and if you don't want to vote for me, fine, but I am not a PTO. In fact, the entire time I've been involved in politics in this country I've tried to find new ways to thwart PTOs, and I've been shot down every time as someone that takes the roleplaying too seriously.
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by Velitia 2010-09-29, 04:39

Well I have the possibility of running but for the most part I am just a placeholder candidate right now.
Velitia
Velitia
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2010-09-29, 14:53

The interviews of Kylero and SpreXX are published !!

SpreXX:

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/presidential-elections-sprexx-1529010/1/20

Kylero:
http://www.erepublik.com/en/newspaper/the-belgium-times-241311/1

This all would not be happend if I were the PP of the BCP ... I would give everyone a chance!! But ok ... I am not elected but maybe the next time I will run again ... and maybe the members of the BCP who vote not or who vote Kylero will vote me Smile !!

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorne Reynders 2010-09-29, 15:09

Erm it's twice the same article
Jorne Reynders
Jorne Reynders
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2010-09-29, 15:11

Oh right ...

EDIT :

Kylero : http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/presidential-elections-kylero-1528990/1/20
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorne Reynders 2010-09-29, 15:24

Negative to Kylero look my comment
Jorne Reynders
Jorne Reynders
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2010-09-29, 15:31

yes I see ... I hope there will come an solution to the internal problems of the BCP !!

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-09-29, 15:46

Sorry to say but I am not impressed by either interview.
Both answers are very meager and the answers to most questions are barely two sentences long.
Second problem is that they have plans but they do not explain how they want to achieve those plans.
For example the interview with Kylero "With me at the helm, eBelgium will be the focus of the eWorld!!!"
Very nice promised but I no explaination how is is planning to do this. I doubt he even knows himself.

If I where Belgian I would not vote for either of them. A president must have a clear vision of what he or she wants and also how he will make that happen. From the interview both candidates lack vision, or at least are not showing any vision.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2010-09-29, 15:56

yes indeed, I think that too.... I am not sure for who I will vote ... Probably nobody ...

I say after my interview : "Everything you say will be published"
Maybe they will keep some secrets.... But it's their problem... I just want to help the citizens with their choice... And if the candidates screw up this interview....

-Critically

Last edited by Critically on 2010-09-29, 16:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add something)
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next