eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system

+5
temujin94
Critically
Fhaemita Malodorous
Bert_en_Ernie
busorik
9 posters

Go down

How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system Empty How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 14:56

I was just wondering how new players can train in the new system. They earn around 5-6 BEF for their job. With this they can buy around 5-6 Q1 food. This is just enough to survive one attack. If I calculate it right. Has this game become impossible for new citizens or am I missing something lately.
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system Empty Re: How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-02-04, 15:10

Jep it is. They can fight 1 battle every 2 days and have no hopes of saving a little bit of money
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system Empty Re: How do new citizens increase wellness in the new war system

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 15:15

I'm glad things were different when I started playing. I don't think wars are nice for new citizens
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-02-04, 15:17

Jep I think it's really hard for new citizens. That's why I think so many quit. But the admins don't seem to be aware of that Crying or Very sad
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 15:19

Yes I agree that this probably is a reason for new citizens to quit. They should really do something about it. Because food price and health lost is really not close to being equal
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-02-04, 15:21

Nope. Most people also leave out of boredom. I remember my first days. You had logged in and in 5 minutes you were finished. It's a game so you would expect you could do something. And then after some time I discovered the forum which made up for it.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 15:25

Yes the most important thing to get new citizens is showing them the way to the forum and guide them through the topics so they are not scared from all those posts.
Before I wass minister of recruitment and tried to make a good scheme, but in the EUnl everybody was just interested in a baby boom instead of trying to keep people
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-02-04, 15:27

I know that when I first came in eBelgium you get the welcome message and the link to the forum is shown but since it is a browser based game I thougth you didn't need the forum. Man was I wrong about that Smile
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 15:42

Yes but it is a government simulation game so interaction in a forum is only logical if you think about it
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-02-04, 15:43

Yeah but I came here true a friend (who already quit the game) and he didn't really explain me what the game was about. Only that I should check it.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-02-04, 16:59

Keeping people active in a myth.
In whatever game you are playing online game of any genre, 90% will quit within two weeks. You can work very hard but it is hardly worth it, people who aren't interested or get bored quickly will go inactive anyway.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-02-04, 17:13

I don't work anymore in eBE, the wages are way too low. (I'm sorry but I have to think on my own! )

I work now in Germany:

If I would work in eBE:

16,10 BEF = 0.246 gold. (according the best offer on the MM)

But I work in Germany:

23,- DEM = 0.339 gold. (according the best offer on the MM)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 17:34

it is true that 90 % will quit very soon. But the problem with this game is that it is even more difficult for new players to really understand how everything works I think. I only played this game because somebody helped me personally when I created an c***. If people don't help you you are just lost in this game I think.
I agree that it is very demotivating to help newbies because chances are big that they will quit anyhow.
Especially with the new 'war' module they have no chance to catch up on fighting experience whatsoever
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-02-04, 18:15

I get paid around 0.7 gold after tax in the UK. I also own a few companies so i make a reasonable amount of money, but for new players they can find it very difficult to fight early on, actually the only thing i consider to have changed is the hospital system, you used to be able to fight 5 times for free. What the new players need to do is save up there money, they will get gold also for medals and then can fight, plus there working skill will go up and they will get better wages
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-04, 18:19

True, but it will be a lot more difficult now. Will take you a lot longer as well. I used to safe the free gold to be able to make companies, newspaper organizations etc. Now they have to use their gold to fight

On a side note 0.7 gold is really a lot how high is your skill ?
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2011-02-05, 01:01

The only thing that will save this game is to 1) bring back hospitals and 2) put a cap on the number of fights per citizen so it is worthwhile for a society to invest resources on new recruits rather than just on their biggest tanks. But of course that would cause the big tanks to put away their credit cards, so it will never happen Sad
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-02-05, 01:15

moved to citizen support.

Please ask help in Citizen Support section next time. Thanks! Smile
Manong Z
Manong Z
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-02-05, 11:18

I also advice higher levels to train with the 0.19 booster, if you have the 20% friends booster then you gain 8.5 strength + 1 bonus = 9.5 but ingame you will see it is 10
So you need 250 strength to get 5 gold (super soldier medal)
250/10 = 25 days

25*0.19g=4.75g spend to level faster and to gain 5 gold

Also, new palyers will now quit 99% sure because this game sucks for new players
The admins still dont get that if they keep doing this eventually the amount of players will decrease untill only mastercardtanks are fighting each other and they will quit because there is no community anymore, nor strategy, nor fun, nor players, just nothing
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-06, 00:46

Manong Rizal wrote:moved to citizen support.

Please ask help in Citizen Support section next time. Thanks! Smile
I posted it in economics becaus I taught it was an economic problem. Next time I will post it in the right section
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2011-02-06, 01:22

Well I tell you, from my Multi-hunting activities, I see between 3-10 new citizens daily. However, they only reach level one and quit. Most don't even get a job. They're not Multis because it appears they join and then just click out (unless they're staying dormant for a while).

Even mass PMing for these new citizens won't work because they more than likely don't even read their mail.

Apparently when citizens join now, they have to confirm their email, which I never had to do when I joined. You can be sure that the email activation thing really just causes people to say "screw this!"
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-02-06, 01:38

busorik wrote:True, but it will be a lot more difficult now. Will take you a lot longer as well. I used to safe the free gold to be able to make companies, newspaper organizations etc. Now they have to use their gold to fight

On a side note 0.7 gold is really a lot how high is your skill ?

Level 10, not that high
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by busorik 2011-02-06, 20:23

Only after two days I found out that I can work for my company and as manager in my own companies. I'm actually really shocked by this. No wonder economy is not functioning.
busorik
busorik
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-02-06, 20:32

busorik wrote:Only after two days I found out that I can work for my company and as manager in my own companies. I'm actually really shocked by this. No wonder economy is not functioning.

It is the reason why our iron market is flooded with a huge lot of offers by one idiot
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down