eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MU can now change leader and name

+9
Pieter557
kabouter_wesley
ThomasRED
Chris Stanwick
Fhaemita Malodorous
Elynea
Critically
Glenn Wauters
shadowukcs
13 posters

Go down

MU can now change leader and name Empty MU can now change leader and name

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 16:04

Cost to change name: 2G
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/military-unit-changes-1783830/1/20#comments
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

MU can now change leader and name Empty Re: MU can now change leader and name

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-27, 17:07

MUs are still kinda worthless, they have no real benefits
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-05-27, 17:12

Glenn Wauters wrote:MUs are still kinda worthless, they have no real benefits

+1

Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 17:27

yup. You basically pay 40 for something that only offers statistics.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-27, 19:39

shadowukcs wrote:

shadow really? I spended 40 golds since one month for the mu, do you give something? no
i recieved 3 donates from 3 persons, now i must study the amount for the MU from the government. I gave gold for the project.

Now, say something who is not stupid please. Stop to see only money, you like when we give money for the country, but when the country must give some money, then we can see shadow.

I'm proud of the new players, and the pleasure to talk with them has no prize, don't forget that !

No regret, really.

Last edited by Elynea on 2011-05-27, 19:42; edited 1 time in total
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 19:41

Elynea wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:

shadow really? I spended 40 golds since one month for the mu, do you give something? no
i recieved 3 donates from 3 persons, now i must study the amount for the MU. I gave gold for the project.

Now, say something who is not stupid please. Stop to see only money, you like when we give money for the country, but when the country must give some money, then we can see shadow.

I'm proud of the new players, and the pleasure to talk with them has no prize, don't forget that !

elynea... with all due respect... I don't have clue what you are saying.

I'm saying the same thing that I've been saying for months now: MU's are useless. And they still are.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-27, 19:44

Say that to the news who are here now, who are in the congress too.
you have no respect for the progress of the country, maybe it's difficult for you to admit that.
Do you really realize your lack of respect to its new which are here with us?
How much votes more then 2 months, you have your answer.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-05-27, 19:47

Elynea wrote:Say that to the news who are here now, who are in the congress too.
you have no respect for the progress of the country, maybe it's difficult for you to admit that.
Do you really realize your lack of respect to its new which are here with us?
How much votes more then 2 months, you have your answer.

He makes a general comment about MU being useless.
Don't take that personal because it isn't.
It is just his personal opinion (shared by many including me) about MU's
MU's are still mostly useless, they are not worth the 40 gold.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-27, 19:49

The Mu is not useless, it's the first real contact with eBelgium.
No programm to see the fights, no chanel... no communication. But i don't see why you put critics.
The golds were donates no? What's your problem then?
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Stanwick 2011-05-27, 19:49

Perhaps if they only cost what an organization used to cost, then they would be worth their cost, but they still have so many limitations. I can definitely see their value for the military, militias, and education of newbies, but that is a high price to pay for such a limited function. I hope admin gives them more abilities.
Chris Stanwick
Chris Stanwick
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-27, 19:52

Chris Stanwick wrote:Perhaps if they only cost what an organization used to cost, then they would be worth their cost, but they still have so many limitations. I can definitely see their value for the military, militias, and education of newbies, but that is a high price to pay for such a limited function. I hope admin gives them more abilities.

Chris : if the Mu was a problem for eBelgium, because the country gave a lot, you don't have the same reaction from me.

I see new players every day, several didn't want to go on irc, need time to go here, but they exist.

The cost, for who? Seriously, for nobody. If some persons believed to this project, it's their problem.
An army it's the power of the country, when you understand that, you will progress a lot.

Last edited by Elynea on 2011-05-27, 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 19:53

Elynea, I'm glad you are having a blast with the new players. I really am

And yes, I am saying that MU are shit. So does 99% of all the players in erep. They are a gigantic waste of gold and a moneydrain for the admin.

In the end, the only thing they give are damage statistics and a private shout. So yea, they are stupid. Glenn and critically have the same opinion and you only attack me? That brings me manly tears, elynea.

MU can now change leader and name ManlyTearsHaveBeenShed

Oh and I do respect new players. It's not because I, and 10 000 other players with me, think that MU's are utter useless, that I don't respect new players.

That makes like no sense at all.

This has nothing to do with respect. This is about thinking rationally.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 19:54

Chris Stanwick wrote:Perhaps if they only cost what an organization used to cost, then they would be worth their cost, but they still have so many limitations. I can definitely see their value for the military, militias, and education of newbies, but that is a high price to pay for such a limited function. I hope admin gives them more abilities.

see? chris thinks they're overpriced and shitty too. (tho he won't use the word shitty coz only disrespectuful pricks like myself use it)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-27, 19:55

when i say you, it's for all politics who didn't see the work on the game of others persons.

You have some powers in a country : the politic and the army.

If you remove an army, your country is nothing and it's the same for the politic.

Last edited by Elynea on 2011-05-27, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Stanwick 2011-05-27, 19:55

Elynea wrote:

Chris : if the Mu was a problem for eBelgium, because the country gave a lot, you don't have the same reaction from me.

I see new players every day, several didn't want to go on irc, need time to go here, but they exist.

The cost, for who? Seriously, for nobody. If some persons believed to this project, it's their problem.

I meant the cost in general, not specifically to Belgium. Organizations used to cost...5 gold...10 gold? I don't remember which. With orgs, you could have an additional newspaper, a place to store funds, a holding centre for companies, and a mobile shopping centre that could travel the world to get the best deals. Military Units are rather more limited in what they offer as tools. I don't discount their usefulness, just the general price tab that admin has set.
Chris Stanwick
Chris Stanwick
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-27, 19:57

Sure, admins see profits every where, but the player can't do nothing about that.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 20:04

Elynea wrote:when i say you, it's for all politics who didn't see the work on the game of others persons.

You have some powers in a country : the politic and the army.

If you remove an army, your country is nothing and it's the same for the politic.

I don't wanna remove the army. But BAF has nothing to do with this. this is about MU's. If you wanna joint the BAF trollfest, check congress section

Elynea wrote:Sure, admins see profits every where, but the player can't do nothing about that.

Elynea. I have an honest question: Do you have any RL experience with economics?

Here's how I look at MU's: Imagine you're shopping in Brussels. And you see a marvellous dress. Absolutely a beautiful dress. BUT the dress costs 1200 Euro's. Will you buy it? No.... Why? Because you compare the price with it's usefulness and see that the price is way too high.

That's the same with this. If MU's would cost 5G, I'd still think they would be expensive, but 5G isn't that much so OK. If a MU costs 40G, I simply don't think it's worth the gold since essentially they ARE useless.

it's simply comparing price to need.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-05-27, 20:14

Shadow, Elynea is right when she said that the MU is the first contact for eBE.
All new players (~90%) are asking to enter it directly after their registration on eRep, on their first day.

She is now the leader of the MU for education since one month, and she is the best one to see if it's usefull or not.

She said that thanks to this MU, there is already 2 new players elected in the Congress, with many votes, that our newbies are much more informed than ever before, that they accomplished missions, that a spirit of friendship have born between them, that they learn game mechanics way faster, that they ask lots of questions etc...

Does it worth 40g ? Yes in my opinion ! They are our future... they are eBelgium ! So please respect the job done by Elynea, and also recognize that it couldn't have been possible without this MU.

(especially when we also know she give a lot for this MU, in time but also in ressources)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-27, 20:29

Ok, serious?
Elynea, you are hacking in on Shadow because he says MUs arent worth the price?
I said exactly the same

This has absolutely nothing to do with BAF or the newbies project, this is about the price of MUs in general
I love french fries, but if they cost 100 euros I dont want them

MUs are currently overpriced, they dont offer anything special
What you say about the newbies is true, yes, it is their first contact with Belgium, but that was not the intention of the admins when they created them believe me
It is a positive side effect they didnt noticed when they were working on it
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by kabouter_wesley 2011-05-27, 20:30

I agree. Respect for Elynea and all the work done. It seems to be effective and only because of the time invested by some.
kabouter_wesley
kabouter_wesley
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-05-27, 20:52

Glenn Wauters wrote:

They do offer something special, a link between players ingame that we didn't have before.
If you can take benefit of this link, you can do awesome things with new players for example.
And it's what Elynea is currently showing us with the results of the Belgian Training Academy.

I know your opinion Glenn : admins are s***, erep sucks, it doesn't worth to invest gold, i don't want to invite my friends to play this game, etc... but at the end we are still all playing eRepublik ! And one of the goals of this game is to create a strong community ! Some don't want to invest gold, to play eRep (but continue to "play" eRep), it's their choice, but don't criticize the others when they really play to eRepublik !
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 21:00

ThomasRED wrote:
I know your opinion Glenn : admins are s***, erep sucks, it doesn't worth to invest gold, i don't want to invite my friends to play this game, etc... but at the end we are still all playing eRepublik ! And one of the goals of this game is to create a strong community ! Some don't want to invest gold, to play eRep (but continue to "play" eRep), it's their choice, but don't criticize the others when they really play to eRepublik !

exactly. admins are s***, erep does suck and it isn't worth to invest gold in this.

And I'd rather get raped by a horse and a by syphilis infected midget with 7 penaii (just try to image in it) than than to tell my friends about this game.

The only reason I (and many other players) continue to play erep is the communities over eworld and just chilling and trolling a bit.

Also->claiming that those ppl became active exactly because of the MU is rather poor imo. There is no proof that they wouldn't have stayed without that MU.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-05-27, 21:15

shadowukcs wrote:
exactly. admins are s***, erep does suck and it isn't worth to invest gold in this.

And I'd rather get raped by a horse and a by syphilis infected midget with 7 penaii (just try to image in it) than than to tell my friends about this game.

The only reason I (and many other players) continue to play erep is the communities over eworld and just chilling and trolling a bit.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/tickets
--> Submit a Ticket
--> Game Support
--> Delete My account

And stay around on irc and forum for the community if you want it.
But let us play this game !
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieter557 2011-05-27, 21:16

ThomasRED wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:

--> Submit a Ticket
--> Game Support
--> Delete My account

Hey, I did that for about 4 months ^^ ( except for actually deleting my account :p )
Pieter557
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-05-27, 21:49

Well, you all know that I was against the MU at beggining.

I joined the BAT as uMoHA a couple of days ago.

And I can tell you that this MU is VERY usefull for newcomers. It is an open chat (with the use of shouts) where newcomers talk a lot and discuss. There are plenty of guys that I have never seen on IRC nor on the forum that interact there and let comments.

Indeed this is not a perfect tool, but this is an awesome informative and interactive tool for people that don't use this forum nor come on IRC.

For instance, we lent a lot of Q5 weapons for the missions to help them. This would have been far harder to do without the MU.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-27, 21:49

ThomasRED wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:

--> Submit a Ticket
--> Game Support
--> Delete My account

why? Who are you to deny me the right to complain? If I want to complain, it's my god-given right.

If I want to say that admins are s***, who are you to forbid me to say that?

so really TR, f*** off. I do whatever the f*** I want. And if that includes bitching on admins then that's my problem. Not yours

That's the universal declaration of human rights, article 1 I'm talking about here. Who are you do tell me what to do?

Last edited by shadowukcs on 2011-05-27, 21:51; edited 1 time in total
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-27, 21:50

ThomasRED wrote:
Glenn Wauters wrote:

They do offer something special, a link between players ingame that we didn't have before.
If you can take benefit of this link, you can do awesome things with new players for example.
And it's what Elynea is currently showing us with the results of the Belgian Training Academy.

You seriously arent reading my post do you?
Else you would now I appreciate the efforts of Elynea
I'm just saying that the newbies MU to keep them in the game is a positive side-effect, wich was not intentional by the admins
Im just saying that if MUs would cost 10-20 gold, it would have been a more reasonable price
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-05-27, 22:51

So we all agree that Elynea do a great job and that the MU (who was financed on a freely base by some citizens) is a good tool for the new players.

We all agree that the price for a MU is too expensive.

Case closed now?
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-05-27, 23:24

Where are you do tell me what to do?
MU can now change leader and name 3673076304_6fed371593
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 2011-05-28, 00:44

Thank you Olv. The new MU for new players is a little like the old citizen.info. It is a way for us to talk to the new players. Like Chris said they should be more things that the MU should be able to do. And I personally think that the MU should be getting a fund from the government (if not already, if so make it bigger). But if you were in it you would see that it helps young ones. The only thing is they need more money for food and weapons.
Mudduck95
Mudduck95
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tecuvo 2011-05-28, 09:23

Jofroi wrote:

And I can tell you that this MU is VERY usefull for newcomers. It is an open chat (with the use of shouts) where newcomers talk a lot and discuss. There are plenty of guys that I have never seen on IRC nor on the forum that interact there and let comments.

Indeed this is not a perfect tool, but this is an awesome informative and interactive tool for people that don't use this forum nor come on IRC.

For instance, we lent a lot of Q5 weapons for the missions to help them. This would have been far harder to do without the MU.

I fully agree with this!
this forum and especially irc is , for some reasons, a big step.
the BTA creates a strong community for new players.
I really believe that without the bta, much more players would have left the game early.
now they stay, and personnaly, I send them pm's to offer them help and to get them on this forum.
i think the bta creates many active players, who won't quit after a month.
Is the bta worth the investment of 40 gold? i think it is.
Is a regular MU, for experienced players, worth 40 gold? nope
tecuvo
tecuvo
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-28, 09:24

Olv007 wrote:So we all agree that Elynea do a great job and that the MU (who was financed on a freely base by some citizens) is a good tool for the new players.

Case closed now?

I can find myself in the statement above (which is btw exactly what I've been saying al along, but elynea can't seem to interpret)

ThomasRED wrote:
Where are you do tell me what to do?
MU can now change leader and name 3673076304_6fed371593

Not anymore you aint.

I rigged the thing with explosives first thing in the morning

MU can now change leader and name 3898171349_54737f0321
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-28, 09:54

Olv007 wrote:So we all agree that Elynea do a great job and that the MU (who was financed on a freely base by some citizens) is a good tool for the new players.

Case closed now?

Same what shadow said, thats what I also try to say all the time
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-05-28, 11:18

shadowukcs wrote:yup. You basically pay 40 for something that only offers statistics.
That was you're two first reactions.
tecuvo wrote:I fully agree with this!
this forum and especially irc is , for some reasons, a big step.
the BTA creates a strong community for new players.
I really believe that without the bta, much more players would have left the game early.
now they stay, and personnaly, I send them pm's to offer them help and to get them on this forum.
i think the bta creates many active players, who won't quit after a month.
We can see here that MU can have real benefits, and offer something more than statistics.
Case closed now?
Olv007 offered us an exit's door for this debate, you took it and so do I.
Case closed for me. :-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-05-28, 12:18

The BAF MU leader should be one of the Generals or the President !

(no offence TR Wink )

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-28, 12:23

the president does indeed seem the most rational choice
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-28, 15:19

- The MU : nobody can't see the use if he isn't inside the MU

Some persons are against the military and it's the problem.
Always the same answer,it's useless and expansive.

To answer to your question shadow : Do you have any RL experience with economics?

Economics and secretarial department.

Now your problem shadow, you are selfish. You don't like the army, you don't like orders, you don't like the community (just a group on a forum).
What do you do in the game? Seriously think about the progress.

You are not the president, you are not god, you are a player like me or others who wants the best for ebelgium. No?

For information, i put on the g.doc the donate from citizens today, then it will be clear about the money and the donate.
The Mu is a fantastic tool : communication, information, help... If 5 persons in the futur will be active citizens here, on politic or other things... it's already a good reward.

Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-28, 15:36

Elynea, YOU STILL DONT GET IT
Serious, I am not going to explain it another time

MU can now change leader and name Talk_to_da_hand

MU can now change leader and name Permanent-facepalm-facepalm-fail-pigeon-demotivational-poster-1260284257
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-05-28, 16:53

This game is based on the community if you do not understand it, then you will never accept anything.

I understand you wiew about the system expensive from admins, but it's the game, they made it, we can't change all.

The discussion is finish for me.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-05-28, 17:15

glenn, I don't think she'll ever understand

FYI elynea: I have been in a MU, I do like the army (I'm even thinking of joining it IRL), I do take orders (I'm in ultramarines remember?) and the community IS a forum group (which I do like)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-05-28, 17:36

shadowukcs wrote:glenn, I don't think she'll ever understand

+1
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**