eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik

+10
Medrolke
Francis DeBoyle
Elynea
Jarastlad
tangouille
Mike Wooldridge
shadowukcs
Boklevski
Verstraete.be Dylan
Aldous Zamiatin
14 posters

Go down

Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik Empty Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-03-12, 05:18

In order to attract more players to our e-country (I won't use the word "babyboom" too early Wink ) our MoHA team would like to appeal to our RL Belgian citizens who are also active on other Flemish or Walloon forums to spread some posts there with an introduction of eRepublik and a short history of eBelgium. Even a short mentioning could be enough to get someone to join us here and help build our e-nation.
Any other suggestions concerning the recruitment of new citizens would also be very welcome Wink
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik Empty Re: Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik

Post by Verstraete.be Dylan 2010-03-12, 07:52

I think the MoFA should make the message (introduction+history). Isn't it his job ?
Verstraete.be Dylan
Verstraete.be Dylan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik Empty Re: Attracting new players to eBelgium/eRepublik

Post by Boklevski 2010-03-12, 11:01

I guess there are some forums where there are Flemish/Dutch people together (and same for Wallon/French)? Maybe it's possible to work together with those countries?

[ No, don't mention it's working together with Phoenix or whatever, it's just to gain citizens ]
Boklevski
Boklevski
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-03-12, 20:29

telenet.be would be a good start

Another thing: why can't we recruit from already existing e-countries? I do not mean in therms of PTO but rather in therms of ppl who are bored of being "just a regular citizen" (think poland, brazil, indo, russia,... ) in their country and would like to come here to be part of something and actually be of help
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-03-12, 21:19

Dylan, to me it seems more of a job for MoHA to recruit new players (recruiting RL Belgians, I mean), since it's the department dealing with social stuff like health and education, and demography ("birth control") just seems to be the logical continuation of that line. And I know our previous Minister of Home Affairs was already doing this Wink

Boklevski, joint forums are of course a possibility as well, if they are attended by a sufficient number of RL Belgians - most people prefer to arrive in their native country (and region).

Shadow, good points. People from all over the eWorld should come here as well to find a welcoming, international and cosmopolitic community where their voice still can be heard (unlike in most giant nations in eRep), and where they could make things more fun for us. But this does seem a job for MoFA, or at least for a Committee under MoFA. In RL, it's often the ambassees that are partly responsible for advertizing immigration and touristical attractions of their native country, but I believe we still haven't any ambassadors abroad - maybe something to consider (*winking at our MoFA*)
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-03-12, 21:36

Total and all out advertisement of eBelgium is needed across every website and forum possible.
(Every little counts)
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tangouille 2010-03-27, 01:19

I'll try to do my best! ;D why not starting by encourage people from other countries to come in eBelgium, I think we should have lower taxes, first, I don't think a country really need money to work... Isn't it? Second thing, why get out from our neutrality? I think this is a good reason for the other citizen to move, they need war! Maybe I'm totally wrong, and this country really need money, in this case, I'm sorry.
tangouille
tangouille
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarastlad 2010-03-27, 01:35

I offer a free beer to any Belgian guy from around Liège who starts the game... Maybe that would work !
Jarastlad
Jarastlad
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-03-27, 02:53

I'll come to Liege incognito to get that free beer Razz
Although, paying my fare from Ghent and back won't make it so free after all, so I'll probably stay at home :/

Tangouille, I see the logic in your line of thought, but you should know that to join a war we need a Mutual Protection Pact with a country which is in a war (or we need to attack someone ourselves Razz). Signing an MPP costs 100 Gold (starting a war even more, by the way). Then there's our neutrality - we need it to survive among much stronger neighbours, which could invade us if they considered us a threat. That's why we try to stay friends with everyone and no one, and as a neutral country we teke part in training wars with Maleysia, which is also a service for which we have to pay.
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2010-03-27, 12:38

we need links of website serious, and not for players from mmorp.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis DeBoyle 2010-03-27, 21:36

What about using social bookmarking sites? Is digg popular in Belgium?
Francis DeBoyle
Francis DeBoyle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2010-03-27, 22:39

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:but I believe we still haven't any ambassadors abroad - maybe something to consider

*cough* *looks at his sig* *cough*

Also: https://ebelgium.forumotion.net/embassies-f6/list-of-ebelgian-embassies-t395.htm

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-03-28, 03:59

My original post is more than two weeks old, I'm glad things have changed since then, Medrolke Wink
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Baab 2010-03-28, 10:15

Elynea wrote:we need links of website serious, and not for players from mmorp.

MMORPG players (or just Gamer) have probably more time to devote to eRepublik than other people.
(this is why the biggest Babyboom French came to jeuxvideo.com)
Baab
Baab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2010-03-28, 12:15

Baab wrote:
Elynea wrote:we need links of website serious, and not for players from mmorp.

MMORPG players (or just Gamer) have probably more time to devote to eRepublik than other people.
(this is why the biggest Babyboom French came to jeuxvideo.com)

It was a mistake, because the players from mmorpg don't continue this game. We can have a lot of newcomers, but a lot of deads after.

It will be nice the proposition of Francis DeBoyle.

This game is so different of a mmorpg : i know very well this sector of game.

Now, it's better to have less players but more active.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerbdeblee 2010-03-28, 12:23

I think the players from strategy game is a good sector...
Fansite of civilization, the settlers or other...
Because this players love strategy game like to eRepublik.

And twitter, Facebook and other community site...
Gerbdeblee
Gerbdeblee
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-03-28, 12:44

Gerbdeblee wrote:I think the players from strategy game is a good sector...
Fansite of civilization, the settlers or other...
Because this players love strategy game like to eRepublik.

And twitter, Facebook and other community site...

Good idea , if only i remembered my password to totalspore.com , i could of easily got a load of people to come to eBelgium from there , i created the first , and biggest cult on that fansite.
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ddexter 2010-03-28, 14:51

i think it would be best to find forum of role-playing games etc. those are devoted gamers and long-lasting.

games such as: d&d, gurps, star wars rpg, warhammer (fantasy and 40k)...

also ogame, travian, bite&fight (or what ever it is today), unification wars (if it still exist)...
ddexter
ddexter
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-03-28, 14:52

also ogame, travian, bite&fight (or what ever it is today), unification wars (if it still exist)...

Ogame is done (was by me), in Travian, Bitefight, it is forbiden to make advertisment =P
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by ddexter 2010-03-28, 14:56

huh... well my suggestion is still forums of rpg games and board games... Smile

and i was thinking it would be graet if you make admin of each forum to put banner with refferal link to acc of actual president.

p.s. could i get permision from admin to have access to congress part of forum?
ddexter
ddexter
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis DeBoyle 2010-03-28, 15:01

Going back to my point... Digg in Poland attracted a few hundred players to the game, we should try to do that here too.
Francis DeBoyle
Francis DeBoyle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerbdeblee 2010-03-28, 15:39

I think we need to creat a system like to Babyboom in France.
Because it's good to do pub on site but if they go to eFrance or other countries, it'snt useful for us^^.
Gerbdeblee
Gerbdeblee
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2010-03-28, 15:48

Gerbdeblee wrote:I think we need to creat a system like to Babyboom in France.
Because it's good to do pub on site but if they go to eFrance or other countries, it'snt useful for us^^.

The problem i had in Efrance, i was ministery of Solidarity. We had on jv.com, 8000 newcomers/day. It was very difficult to manage that.

We had a lot of companies Q3 who killed news gamers.
A lot of gamers stopped to play : immediatly, lvl 3, lvl 13. I mad 300 mails/day, we were a lot, but youngs players are quickly bored.

It's just my experience. Erepublik is not a game for players from mmorpg.
We need a little babyboom, a good gestion and sure good websites for this kind of games.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by tangouille 2010-03-28, 18:06

That's right, Aldous... We need to get more people first, and then, we will be able to get out of our neutrality Razz

Elynea, all these unactive people help us to get Gold, what we need is to encourage them to stay, by making a eBelgian websites (who would explain them how to play in their mother tongue), and maybe a Bank to lend money? That would be nice to encourage Investment's, Each "lender" should have a more experimented player who will help him, and make sure to he gives the money back... Why not trying this (in a more complicated way ...) ? If we are neutral, we don't need all the gold and BEF that Belgium has...

That's just a idea!
tangouille
tangouille
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down