eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodbye

+12
djole1122
ThomasRED
Elynea
NLSP
Critically
Theneka
jamster737
Mikhail Alexander
shadowukcs
Fhaemita Malodorous
Ward De Bever
Glenn Wauters
16 posters

Go down

Goodbye Empty Goodbye

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-06-18, 11:10

Dear members of the Erepublik community,

When I started playing this game, I was fully surprised of the great idea that was behind it
When I joined the game just went into V1, and I enjoyed it
The Irish community welcomed me and teached me how to play this game
Why I started in IReland while I'm Belgian?
Belgium was occupied back then, so I decided to join the country where I had a great vacation

Everything went good, V1 was developing and the admins announced the super awesome V2: Erepublik Rising
The admins implemented it, and many players were furious about the fact that they couldnt two-click anymore, so a part left
This was the first dropdown in members, but nothing bad, as mostly two-clickers left

The admins implemented an awesome militairy module, the hexagon battlefield
I remember good times cruising with my tank on the battlefield, capturing tile after tile
I also remember bigger battles, where the module crashed because the amount of players was too big, hilarious, but no problem

Everyone was also raging about happiness, almost nobody managed to keep it up in a decent way, admins could have solved this by giving more happiness in food
But they didnt, and simply removed happiness cause they were too lazy
So food was all the same now

Then there were players complaining about the fact that fighting on the hexagons took too much time, admins removed it and brought the wall from V1 back

These two changes were the real start of the downfall of erepublik
After removing these two things, admins decided to remove job differences, I agree, there were too many different jobs, but removing them all ad replacing them by only one?
Another chance of differentation gone

Then admins changed the strength calculation, and old players were seriously harmed, I myself for example only got 1500 strength, while following the correct formula, it would have been 3000 strength (only counting my hard worker medals, cause i you work, you also train)

This is when I named the version of Erepublik, V1.5, a downgrade from V2

But, admins managed to screw the game around even more, and removed thing after thing, good things and bad things, but those bad things were also needed to keep modules stable
Product differentation got removed, Visatanks suddenly popped up, in the past they were there too, but we didnt noticed them as much as of now
Battlefield became boring, why would anyone fight if Romper, Scymex or Alfagrem joined the battlefield? It was useless unless you had one of those guys on your side
The political module, didnt improve while it needed improvement to stop PTOs
Wars became free due to Natural Enemy, small countries all feared this as they could be overtaken now by every random bigger country that wishes to do so
Multi-accounts didnt get banned, and admins made it even harder after removing the donation log
Work as Manager appeared, one of the worst changes there were, many people will not agree with this, but the economy got pretty much destroyed by this especially companies with workers
So Admins decided to make it up and changed the formula for producing one time, and a second time and a third time and a fourth time and many many more times

Starting from the summer of 2010, the game started downgrading severely, now players left the game after every so called improvement of the game (wich was in fact a downgrade)
And I saw the version numbers go from V1 to V2 to V1.5 to V0.5 to V-1 to V-2 to V-3 to V-4 and right now to V-5 with the utter destruction of the Monetary Market and the Economy

When I started the game I was full of good ideas, I was motivated trying to make this wonderfull game my virtual home
I succeeded in doing so, I became an important company owner in Belgium, I managed to capture BattleHero medals, after hard fighting ofcourse but it was possible to get them
But of june 16th, I started my 3rd year in the game, I looked back and saw that of my many dreams not one was left
The economy is destroyed, so I cannot become a famous company owners like I used to be
WelnessPacks make it impossible for me to capture the BattleHero Medal, I even never tried to think of getting a Campaign hero

so whats left then? The newspaper?
Ofcourse, I liked writing articles, but only to see them removed when the admins felt like it, real censorship, I probably, no, YOU probably will see this article getting removed as the censorship in Erepublik is very hard, Kim-Jong-Il himself is making notes of it
The admins even removed several parts of their own forum, heck, now they even closed the forum cause players were compalining too much about the destruction of the economy the random gifts that were given everywhere and the unfair treatment of players

Is there anything else left? yes, the political module, wich didnt improve at all since I joined erepublik
And becoming president? I could go for it, I would even have a big chance on winning if I ran, but I realise that I would not be able to do it good enough and I would dissappoint my country, so I didnt ran

So the onliest thing left is the community, it kept me in the game for about a year
I just left the Army, to join the Irish Army, but I realised I would have to say the Belgian community goodbye as I cant go on all forum at the same time besides the coincidental hello
I am happy that Belgium decided to start a TW/NE-war with UK, it is the first thing I am gratefull of towards the UK
I realised this is a stupid game, I realised that no matter how hard I train, I will never ever catch up with tanks, heck I was one of the strongest in the militairy and my damages didnt change one bit to the sight of the battlefield

I realised I hate this game, for making me waste hours, days, even weeks of my life dedicating this to a few stupid bits
I realised that staying any lnoger in the game would eventually make my social life crap, and said, now way
I said no way very loud, thinknig of why I wouldnt leave the game, why would it be so hard?

I saw that there are two reasons:
First the community, I really love the Belgian and Irish community, I love to talk with you guys on the forum
secondly, the amount of time I spent on getting my character to where it is today
But I see it all had no use, I cant catch up and the community starts to (sorry guys) bore me somewhat
I have better things to do in my life then playing this game

First I decided to instantly quit the game without letting you guys knowing anything, but that would be somewhat unrespectfull
This is the second last time I log in, in about 8 days I will log in again to put Gerbdeblees company back on sale
It would be dirty to just leave the game and take his company with me in the grave

Summary: this game sucks, and I finally realise there is nothing left for me to do

I could rant about the admins again, but I'm not gonna do that , you all know how I feel, how you feel

Since it seems traditionall to thank all players that helped I will start my pretty long list of thanks, if you're not in the list and you think you should, too bad:

thank you,
Darragh O Faollain, you helped me introdunig me to the community, you quitted a long time ago, but you deserve this mention
Shadowukcs, you teached me how to troll, you know when things go wrong and you know when to punch the military or the gov
ThomasRed, yeah, you lead this country and this citizens many times, and we saw it was good
Appleman, once PP of the Irish Social Democrats, my first party, you were PP back then
Nogin the nog
Xgentis
mittekemuis, I introduced you as ambassador, look where you are today
Chance Harrison
Padraig Pearse, PeePee, we lold a lot about you
Jofroi
Theneka, you deserve this mention, you are one of the triggers that made me leave
Irishbhoy
orangejuicemmm
Pieter
Master Hofkens, you rule my emperor! We'll meet again on NCL
Critically
NLSP, good luck with your N4N project
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Empty Re: Goodbye

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-06-18, 11:21

Thanks for who you are and for what you did, Glenn. Don't delete your character: you may change your mind one day, and you would be welcome.
Good luck with all your undertakings.
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-06-18, 11:24

Good bye and good luck Smile
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-06-18, 11:34

You'll be back. the good ones always do
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-06-18, 11:45

So many Belgians have left. Just two-click at least, or come on the forums occasionally. You can't just leave, I've tried three times and failed every time :3
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-06-18, 12:21

nooo glenn D: you will be missed please stay on the forums and irc the country wont run without you Sad
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-06-18, 12:46

My account is still not deleted though xD

But see you glenn, keep hanging around here!
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-06-18, 13:01

Sad sad, very sad Sad

Maybe you come on IRC once ?

-Critically
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-06-18, 14:01

or multiple times ...
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-06-18, 14:26

good luck Glenn
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-06-18, 14:32

Sad to see you go Glenn but it was in the "air"... :-(
Good luck and have fun :-)
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djole1122 2011-06-18, 15:16

Don't worry, you'll be back, once Wink

Good Luck Wink
djole1122
djole1122
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://djolemarkovic.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish45 2011-06-18, 16:02

donation thread?

Laughing
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-06-18, 19:57

See you soon !
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 2011-06-19, 04:53

We are all sad that are leaving. We will miss you! and good luck
Mudduck95
Mudduck95

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-06-19, 06:27

Yeay, I won a new employee for my collection of oldies :p.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down