eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[gov] problems in belgium

+10
betafoxtrot
Medrolke 2
temujin94
Elynea
Olv007
Jofroi
Procuste
Fhaemita Malodorous
NLSP
jamster737
14 posters

Go down

[gov] problems in belgium Empty [gov] problems in belgium

Post by jamster737 2011-09-13, 19:48

okay guys this is only quick but i might aswell try to help remedy the situation in belgium so its less for MG to do when he comes back.

So please guys write here what you think the problems are in belgium and how you think we can resolve it !

now i dont want 2 childish groups going "its all the shadowists" and "its all the bever lovers" i want to see problems that you think there is eg. the admin system and ways to fix it and also please stay on topic and only post your ideas here dont comment on other peoples ideas we can do that next and i ask the admins to run this topic with an iron fist and to delete any posts that are of topic but please dont give warnings unless needed we are trying to solve the problem here not throw coal on the fire Smile
jamster737
jamster737
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

[gov] problems in belgium Empty Re: [gov] problems in belgium

Post by NLSP 2011-09-13, 19:53

In my opinion there is a lack of respect
Lack of respect for each others
Lack of respect for the admins
Lack of respect for the 'opponents'

What needs to be done imho? People has to stop making posts that could be offensive. Be more to the point and don't try to provocate things.
If things are wrong, they are wrong, independent of the person who first says that they are wrong.
There has to be a cooldown period where recent attempts to undermine this society has to be undone. (example the citizenmessage or the wiki-war)
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-09-13, 19:57

NLSP wrote:In my opinion there is a lack of respect
Lack of respect for each others
Lack of respect for the admins
Lack of respect for the 'opponents'

What needs to be done imho? People has to stop making posts that could be offensive. Be more to the point and don't try to provocate things.
If things are wrong, they are wrong, independent of the person who first says that they are wrong.
There has to be a cooldown period where recent attempts to undermine this society has to be undone. (example the citizenmessage or the wiki-war)

[gov] problems in belgium Facebooklikeddos
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Procuste 2011-09-13, 20:04

NLSP just summed it up. ^^

Procuste
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-09-13, 20:11

Yop ^^
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-09-13, 20:55

Respect is indeed the main word here. I would certainly add that respect for each others opinion is not always present. Most of the time I see someone giving his opinion on a topic and to many times it was followed by insults, provocation or lowering the person down. Mentality change is necessary.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-09-13, 21:01

It is a generation conflict.
A no respect for the work done before.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-13, 21:06

what should we try to do to fix it ?
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-09-13, 21:11

jamster737 wrote:what should we try to do to fix it ?

simply we must stay in the respect that's all. Make things together to have more activities, stop wanting to change quite in one step.

Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-09-13, 21:18

Elynea wrote:It is a generation conflict.
A no respect for the work done before.

Having respect for what the previous generation has done does not mean that we have to agree with it. The "new generation" might want change, want things different, there is nothing wrong with that.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-13, 21:20

okay then lets hope we can all sort it and when other people comment on there views i will ask the admin to create a list of things that concern people and post it on the announcements on the general forum for all to read and lets hope we can refer to that if need be in the future to answer all the concerns to carm belgium down but i think we need a change in admins is my personal imput
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Procuste 2011-09-13, 21:23

I don't understand why so many people want the admins team to leave ? Can please someone explain it to me ? scratch

Procuste
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-13, 21:25

Procuste wrote:I don't understand why so many people want the admins team to leave ? Can please someone explain it to me ? scratch
well imo they have been in power for a very long time and many are inactive and it is allmost like its own little secret society as only admins can promote admins and i think its time for a reform where all active citizens can put there name forward and we all vote for 3-4 people to take over
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Procuste 2011-09-13, 21:35

Ok, thanks. Surprised

I don't care about power and since inactive admins don't hurt anyone I don't really get why they should go, but if players are willing to take those responsabilities, I don't mind. Good luck to the volunteers. ^^

Procuste
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-13, 21:42

i would also like to add even if you are a new member please post anything here because if we can sort all problems now we can prevent another cival war starting again in the future Smile
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-09-13, 22:41

Temujin left
Temujin left
Temujin left

I also love beaver
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-13, 22:52

temujin94 wrote:Temujin left
Temujin left
Temujin left

I also love beaver
serious comments please ^_^ and also if you want it to be in confidence message me and i will post it without your name Smile
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2 2011-09-13, 23:26

Like NLSP said, it's a lack of respect. People don't care about other people's opinions or experience. If they get an idea they will just blindly fight until they get it. They want things to be the way they think is best, and aren't interested in finding out whether it actually is the best way or not.

How to resolve it? Simple. ACTUALLY LISTEN TO EACH OTHER! Use the Debate Area for having debates rather than a clusterf*** of pointless arguments. Realize that (the vast majority of) people here are rational and logical. If they have come to a different conclusion than you, it may well be that one (or both) of you have some knowledge or experience that the other lacks. In which case you should try and bring together your wisdom to try and make a more informed decision, rather than just treat the other as wrong.

And even when it does just come down to a simple difference in opinion, just remember that the other person has just as much of a right to his opinion as you do, and respect that.
Medrolke 2
Medrolke 2
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by betafoxtrot 2011-09-13, 23:28

From what I've been told, there's a definite split between the old and new generations. Though it should be completely irrelevant, if it really is the case, there's nothing you can do to change that, it's something people have to change themselves.

Like NLSP said, the key is respect. The older generation should be supporting the younger players as they will be the people who will run the country. Likewise the younger players should appreciate that help.

^_^
betafoxtrot
betafoxtrot
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-09-13, 23:49

Most reasons for civil war's is one side wants something changed. It seems that the other side can bargain with it, or just do the opposite and fight against them for their control.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Kitano 2011-09-14, 13:43

Everyone shouldn't make such a fuss about the problems that have been mentioned. It seems that a lot of eBelgians have this habit of pointing fingers at someone and calling names when things don't go as expected.
I believe it would be better to have solutions instead of names.

Pointing fingers is the easy part, finding solutions is the hard part.

Don't take the easy way out.
Takeshi Kitano
Takeshi Kitano
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Helviro 2011-09-14, 13:59

Respect is certainly a problem.
For the first time in my elife (almost 2 years or something) I'm actually thinking of moving to another country.
I left once last year, but then the economical module changed, which made it ok for me to stay.

If this permanent boring discussing is the only thing what keeps eBelgium together, then I don't want to be a part of it.

I call out to all shadows and beavers to ease up, lighten up, see the fun in the game and the community and move on!
Helviro
Helviro
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-14, 14:36

okay then we need to build respect and to create proper channels where citizens can as things to be changed and where we can have a debate about them without it happening all over the forum and the goverment is powerless to force respect but i ask all members as a member of the goverment to put there differences aside and to work together for the good of belgium and we can debate in the future in either the great debate sub thread or in congress on anything that any belgium thinks needs changing
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-09-14, 15:50

Most of us want change. Most of us are sick of the TL;DRs everywhere. We need change and I won't point fingers but I just want the damn country back. I came to play this game and this country to have fun, not to argue and carry on about something that technically doesn't exist :/
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-09-14, 18:04

Mikhail Alexander wrote:Most of us want change. Most of us are sick of the TL;DRs everywhere. We need change and I won't point fingers but I just want the damn country back. I came to play this game and this country to have fun, not to argue and carry on about something that technically doesn't exist :/

No actually that is a main problem. Most of us do not want change. I agree that a lot of people do want change. But people that want change and people that don't want are both a lot.

By the way, it's pretty funny to hear talking about "young generation" versus "old generation" while the term "shadowist" was used before Ward even began to play ^^.

Anyway, I agree that we should stop pointing fingers and that we should try to make debates.

I think that a possible problem are long threads. Maybe that at the end of each discussion page (in congress debate), someone could be in charge to make a summary of both arguments which would avoid repetitions of the same arguments over and over and finally lead to big troubles.

Once that the arguments from both sides are defined, and if nothing new can be added, the time has come to close the debate. This is one of the reasons that made the forum heat up: too long threads where everyone was saying the same things again and again and no chance to change their mind.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-09-14, 18:22

jamster737 wrote:okay then we need to build respect and to create proper channels where citizens can as things to be changed and where we can have a debate about them without it happening all over the forum and the goverment is powerless to force respect but i ask all members as a member of the goverment to put there differences aside and to work together for the good of belgium and we can debate in the future in either the great debate sub thread or in congress on anything that any belgium thinks needs changing

And you certainly need to use dots and paragraphs when you write something Razz
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-14, 18:29

Olv007 wrote:
jamster737 wrote:okay then we need to build respect and to create proper channels where citizens can as things to be changed and where we can have a debate about them without it happening all over the forum and the goverment is powerless to force respect but i ask all members as a member of the goverment to put there differences aside and to work together for the good of belgium and we can debate in the future in either the great debate sub thread or in congress on anything that any belgium thinks needs changing

its the internet not a school if i want to use dots and paragraphs i will go back to college Wink
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-09-14, 20:06

Jamster o/
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2011-09-14, 22:39

jamster737 wrote:
Olv007 wrote:

its the internet not a school if i want to use dots and paragraphs i will go back to college Wink

I toughed you wanted us to tell what bothers us? Wink

Seriously, it's not easy to read you.
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-09-14, 22:44

Olv007 wrote:
jamster737 wrote:
Olv007 wrote:

I toughed you wanted us to tell what bothers us? Wink

Seriously, it's not easy to read you.

I will try my best then to be punctual but my spelling is still a fail . Razz
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down