eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabinet Plan

+6
Boklevski
shadowukcs
Fhaemita Malodorous
NLSP
Jofroi
Darrel Anderson
10 posters

Go down

Cabinet Plan Empty Cabinet Plan

Post by Darrel Anderson 2012-01-31, 01:50

Hello eBelgium! Its been very nice being a citizen here! I have had a great time meeting all of you and getting to know all of your political systems, economic systems and business systems. Something that a lot of you have told me is the more active you are and the more positive change you can bring the more the people will like you. So I thought I would propose this to both the country, and congress.

From what I can tell the cabinet is really at the Presidents discression, in terms of positions. One month you could have one group of positions and the next month it could differ. Although this may seem pretty cool, it actually is weakening our national security. Im not saying that the President shouldnt be able to appoint whom he or she wants to be in his/her cabinet, im just saying we should have the same cabinet positions from month to month.

So here is my proposal. Please feel free to edit/tweek it in your comments below.

Executive Officers

President
Vice President
Chief of Staff

Minister of Defense
-General of the Army

Minister of Foreign Affairs
-Deputy Minister
-Director of Ambassadorial Affairs
-Deputy Director of Ambassadorial Affairs

Minister of Immigration
-Deputy Minister of Immigration

Minister of Fun
Minister of Education

National Security Council

Supreme Court

Congressional Liaison

Press Secretary

Minister of Political Affairs.
Darrel Anderson
Darrel Anderson
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Cabinet Plan Empty Re: Cabinet Plan

Post by Jofroi 2012-01-31, 06:47

Well, I still prefer that the CP creates his government depending of his needs.

But for your list:

No Minister of Finance.

And Supreme Court is a bad idea^^.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2012-01-31, 07:31

I support the supreme court Smile

about congress liason, almost all gov members are in congress, if they would just inform other congress members now and then when it is needed, totally not necessary

And someone selected to be Minister of Finance (or minister of accountancy if you want) is really necessary
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-01-31, 08:41

NLSP wrote:I support the supreme court Smile

Ofcourse you do seeing you use the Supreme Court as a tool for witchhunt inquisition against your political enemies. Rolling Eyes
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-01-31, 10:14

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:
NLSP wrote:I support the supreme court Smile

Ofcourse you do seeing you use the Supreme Court as a tool for witchhunt inquisition against your political enemies. Rolling Eyes

not to mention his favourite tool to silence political opponents he can't win from with a decent argument (when he's not busy banning them that is)

so yea, the surpreme court is horrible. Many people on this forum don't even recognise it. NLSP turned it into a joke that's more ridiculed than respected.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2012-01-31, 11:09

Why would we need a MoF? Admins have messed this game up so much, we just need some magician who can meditate for a good economy, because economic policy doesn't matter much anymore... Sad

By the way: The SC can never be a part of the government, as it functions as an independent entity.

@ Fheamita: You're comment was classified by my personal forumpost-blocker as redundant. Accusing NSLP of witch-hunting is getting old. Try something new.

@ Shadow: You're really the only one claiming you don't recognize it since I became involved in it. And I've been involved there nearly all the time. (I'm glad though that you do have an healthy interest in any SC cases involving you. I love you )
Boklevski
Boklevski
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-01-31, 11:47

I honestly believe the major spots should remain the same but the focus of one CP versus another may vary in policy-making. Therefor all assisting positions are subject to change.

For instance the Minister of immigration really doesn't need an assistant as we're not a top country with hundreds of CS requests. We usually have less requests then the total number of 30-40 passes. This is also the only position that actually needs to be filled in regards to national security and this for PTO reasons and even then, problems can arise.

I think you should first review what's important for the specific case of eBelgium before copying the cabinet composition of a large country with a broad active playerbase.

For instance in our government you absolutely need:
Immigration (anti TO)
Foreign Affairs (swift diplomatic resolution of conflicts with neighbours / Training Wars)
Defense (mostly organisation of supplies in occasional times of war)
an accountant (We don't have millions of tax income so we need a check on all expenses)

If you have more people available to fill other positions, that's great but in that case you'll quickly end at a political level of national unity such as the current and previous governments.
Nohjis
Nohjis

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tecuvo 2012-01-31, 15:42

well, there is no rule that says we must have a continous government with a lot of the same people every month, but it is already like that.

we have jofroi as vp for ages now
shadow is always part of the mofa team (except when he doesn't like the cp)

and there some more examples like this.

we're a small country, so the cp hasn't much choice to pick his cabinetmembers Smile
tecuvo
tecuvo
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-01-31, 16:41

Boklevski wrote:
By the way: The SC can never be a part of the government, as it functions as an independent entity.

That's what I meant Wink. And I agree that NLSP is in no way responsible of SC problems ^^.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrel Anderson 2012-02-01, 03:05

Again its just a proposal and I honestly think it would benefit the country. Consistency is very important, and if the President needs to create positions to fill his or her needs I would tell him/her to make appoint a Tsar or director of that division.

Also do Belgium have a constitution?
Darrel Anderson
Darrel Anderson
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2012-02-01, 03:46

http://www.erepbelgium.com/f28-law-book
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-02-01, 04:05

Boklevski wrote:Why would we need a MoF?

someone to make sure the budget is followed, manage the accounting spreadsheet, distribute funds, and watch the various country accounts to try and prevent (or at least try and detect) theft.

e.g., ward de bever (a model MoF).
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrel Anderson 2012-02-01, 04:43

I completely agree with you in saying we need a minister of finance. And I will add that to my plan.

Will Congress hear my case in regards to this plan?

Additionally thanks for the link to the law book I will read through it to make sure Im not making any laws by proposing this.

And please feel free to keep adding critiques and changes.

But again Im just suggesting this so we can keep consistency, amongst the country. Yes we may be small, but even small countries need consistency. Very Happy
Darrel Anderson
Darrel Anderson
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-02-01, 07:22

Congress will more then likely listen to your case. Any citizen can propose "changes" in the public debate area of congress.
Nohjis
Nohjis

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-02-01, 07:56

Just a comment, as a former CP who had a relatively large (and inclusive) cabinet, a member of Congress for several terms, a former Supreme Court justice, and someone who has been involved in revising our constitution in the past: While it might be useful to require a few very basic cabinet positions, there are two problems with this proposal as you made it. The first is that it really is designed for a country with more active citizens than we have. It can be difficult at times to fill even basic positions. Second, our CPs have various management styles. Some work better with large and diverse groups of people. Others prefer to be more hands-on and manage large parts of the government themselves. In large countries, this is not possible, but we are small enough so it can actually work, although I personally wouldn't recommend it. The constitution we have allows the flexibility for CPs to decide for themselves how much and what kinds of help they need.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2012-02-01, 11:36

goopypants wrote:
Boklevski wrote:Why would we need a MoF?
(...)
Yeah, that's all that's left. I know... I just can't get over the fact it used to be so much fun when I was MoF multiple months in eUNL and later eBE some time ago. Before the eRep Gods changed everything... Sad

MaryamQ wrote:Others prefer to be more hands-on and manage large parts of the government themselves.

Exactly! That's why we need Kim Jofroi-Il as our Beloved Leader. He can manage, lead and improve all departments in the whole country by himself alone, be loved by all citizens and develop a nucleair bomb, while being awesome at the same time!

... now what shall we do with that nucleair bomb... Twisted Evil
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down