eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration

+7
Medrolke
Mike Wooldridge
Thore Thoreson
Eniotna
Xgentis Lempereur
Fhaemita Malodorous
counterstriker
11 posters

Go down

eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration Empty eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 12:21

we all know eBelgium is a very small player in the eRepublic world.
But it seems are community is getting bigger and more active each day Very Happy.

we should really support this more, and try to get foreigners to move to eBelgium,
the question i have is; what makes eBelgium intresting nowadays regarding a possible move to eBelgium?
and how could we support the immigration more?

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration Empty Re: eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-05-18, 12:33

one of the best ways to get people to come to belgium is money.
Good paying jobs.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration Empty Re: eBelgium International Reputation - Immigration

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2010-05-18, 13:20

For that we need a better economy.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eniotna 2010-05-18, 13:22

counterstriker wrote:we all know eBelgium is a very small player in the eRepublic world.
But it seems are community is getting bigger and more active each day Very Happy.

we should really support this more, and try to get foreigners to move to eBelgium,
the question i have is; what makes eBelgium intresting nowadays regarding a possible move to eBelgium?
and how could we support the immigration more?

Quite frankly, eBelgium is far from being a pleasant country to live in.

The only thing I see that could attract people is the fact that eBelgium needs active people in goverment. So, people who want to be more active in politics (i.e. : take a job as minister, SS or ambassador. Getting elected in Congress or start a new political party is another thing) could be interested. That being said, there are plenty of other countries that are in the same situation.

The best way to have more population is to have a babyboom. You won't attract hundreds of foreigner this way. And if you do, it would probably be suspicious...

Eniotna
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 14:40

[quote=Eniotna]The best way to have more population is to have a babyboom. You won't attract hundreds of foreigner this way. And if you do, it would probably be suspicious...[/quote]

And why would immigrants be suspicious? What is suspicious is what they do AFTER they get here, but an Immigrant that comes here, gets involved, lives, works and participates in Belgium is far from being suspicious.

We just want to keep out those that come here just to vote for one power blok or another. This is why I sponsored, and recently was passed an Immigrantion Control Commission. So all can agree on who should be granted citizenship and who should not.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Eniotna 2010-05-18, 15:08

Thore Thoreson wrote:
Eniotna wrote:The best way to have more population is to have a babyboom. You won't attract hundreds of foreigner this way. And if you do, it would probably be suspicious...

And why would immigrants be suspicious? What is suspicious is what they do AFTER they get here, but an Immigrant that comes here, gets involved, lives, works and participates in Belgium is far from being suspicious.

We just want to keep out those that come here just to vote for one power blok or another. This is why I sponsored, and recently was passed an Immigrantion Control Commission. So all can agree on who should be granted citizenship and who should not.

I meant "You won't attract hundreds of foreigner at once this way". Sorry.

Although I guess that with an Immigrantion Control Commission, there wouldn't be a problem. I didn't know about it though, as I don't have access to the Congres forum.

Eniotna
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-05-18, 15:09

I believe , if immigrants come from EDEN or Phoenix countries they should be treated with suspicion.
And it is nothing against them , but we don't want huge groups of people coming into the country , which will troll threads saying Hail EDEN or Hail Phoenix , threatening our nations neutrality because of their loyalties still to their "former" countries.
I will use DanieCox as an example.
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 17:21

Mike Wooldridge wrote:I will use DanieCox as an example.
Daniecox isn't even a Belgian Citizen, he is UK.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 17:37

i agree about the trolls lads, but we really need more (ACTIVE) people in this country, so what options do we have
- baby boom
- immigration
- get the newest eBelgian citizens more involved

this should be 3 society key elements if we want to have a bigger player base, also a bigger player base will have a positive inpact on our economy.

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-05-18, 18:11

Thore Thoreson wrote:
Mike Wooldridge wrote:I will use DanieCox as an example.
Daniecox isn't even a Belgian Citizen, he is UK.

When the hell did that happen , must be my old age..........still though he does troll us.

*Edit: I've changed my mind i think i'll use Draganw as my example
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 18:42

counterstriker wrote:i agree about the trolls lads, but we really need more (ACTIVE) people in this country, so what options do we have
- baby boom
- immigration

this should be 3 society key elements if we want to have a bigger player base, also a bigger player base will have a positive inpact on our economy.
I couldn't agree more. Problem is, HOW? got any ideas?
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2010-05-18, 18:52

Hence every military announcement is based on the forums. Hopefully they'll read some stuff when they check their orders.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 20:33

Is it possible for the goverment to organise a roll call for all all belgian citizens?
this roll call could be organized on the forums, and the roll call could stress the importancy of it

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Apotygma 2010-05-18, 22:56

counterstriker wrote:Is it possible for the goverment to organise a roll call for all all belgian citizens?
this roll call could be organized on the forums, and the roll call could stress the importancy of it

what do you mean by this?
Apotygma
Apotygma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-05-18, 23:00

I guess a roll call like the one for the military we have now.

unfortunatly, the ones who need to call on the military roll call have something to loose when they don't call (their soldier status) while the civilian population has not ...
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-05-18, 23:04

exactly, you can't make a 2-clicker do what they don't want to..
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by counterstriker 2010-05-18, 23:09

Sammy Tanghe wrote:I guess a roll call like the one for the military we have now.

unfortunatly, the ones who need to call on the military roll call have something to loose when they don't call (their soldier status) while the civilian population has not ...

never thought about that, hmm your right though, its hard to track who wants to be involved and who doesn't that's why i proposed the roll call idea, but as you said the civilian population have nothing to lose (unfortunatly).
maybe a reward system in exchange for people who are active on the eBelgium forum in exchange for a small amount of BEF or more state support, i don't know if its realistic because i have no idea about the amount of money it would cost, but if something like that is possible then i am pritty sure the eBelgian society will benifit from it.
maybe the goverment could have higher taxes to fund this and the most active people would gain benefit over those who don't want to contribute to the eBelgium future?

counterstriker
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2010-05-18, 23:13

S**T! I just realized I forgot to do a roll-call at the weekend Shocked

Thanks for reminding me Smile

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2010-05-18, 23:33

Medrolke wrote:S**T! I just realized I forgot to do a roll-call at the weekend Shocked

LMAO!
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2010-05-18, 23:52

Those who want to get active, already do... You can't force anyone to become active if he's not interested. We can either make it interesting (a one time reward won't do the trick, I'm afraid) and keep lowering the barrier to become more involved (although it is pretty lowalready - unlike many nations, this country isn't in the hands of a closed beta-giant elite).
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2010-05-19, 11:58

Mike Wooldridge wrote:
Medrolke wrote:S**T! I just realized I forgot to do a roll-call at the weekend Shocked

LMAO!

tss, failure of our MoD! Razz let's fire him (kidding ofc)

time to roll
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2010-05-19, 12:02

Sammy Tanghe wrote:
tss, failure of our MoD! Razz let's fire him (kidding ofc)

time to roll

Time to (t)roll Very Happy
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-05-20, 20:51

Lolz :p Poor MoD!
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down