eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India want Katana back

3 posters

Go down

India want Katana back Empty India want Katana back

Post by shadowukcs 2010-05-30, 12:00

Since I'm back, I've decided to keep the belgium public a bit up to date again on what's happening in the world stage

my first post in here is about India and Karnataka

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-presidential-iron-fist1-1385056/1/20

As You all know, USA have been very good and a very honorable friend of India. It helped us to get freedom from Indonesia and Iran and for such a great friendship, we gifted Karnataka to USA and in return they giving us gold. But the major problem of that time was the PTO situation which we thought will stop when we rented out our high Iron, but it got even worse. Also USA frequently tells us that the Karnataka iron is causing problems to its other raw material sectors and we completely understand their point of view.
So we now feel that we should take Karnataka and keep it open for us to try and administer as a free trade zone. let me tell you we do not wish to be anti EDEN or anti Phoenix. We are neutral and will remain Neutral. We wish to give all nations an equal opportunity to be our trade partners
and would like to build relations with our neighbor Iran too.
For long we have been accused of being puppets but we have a fierce identity of our own
and we were indebted to USA for the help they gave us and which we believe has been repaid in good faith since the last few months.

We would now like to try and earn and build up our gold reserves and try and play around with the free trade concept.
If as an experiment it does not succeed, we shall invite other nations and rent the region out to them
but we deserve this chance and we hope we get support from nations around the world.

The final decision will be taken of course after discuss this matter with Indian active population. A msg to the USA President has been sent already and I am awaiting his reply.

PS: If you want to peep into the contract between India and USA, See Here

Thanks Ashwamedh and Shail for supporting me in the decision.
Please vote this article in India also here

Regards,
Abhi347
Country President
eIndia

Now why is this such important and shocking news? A small history lesson.

Several months back, the whole of india was taken over by the mighty Indonesian empire. India hadn't been free for nearly a half year when they called in the help of EDEN and the USA. After a pretty turbulent history (see the japan incident) USA managed to free the whole of India and return it to the Indians. India also possessed a high Iron region and as we all know, those are THE most important region in this game. High Iron means wealth and can turn any country into a economic superpower... given that they have the military means to keep the region in their possession that is. And this is something India wasn't capable of. It had (still has) a relatively small population (so it's open to serbian PTO's who have been trying for several months to PTO the country) and a small army. USA on the other hand has no high Iron and had a economy that was in dire need of it. So they decided to rent it. USA paid a monthly fee of 900G/month to India and in return they could keep the region. Assuming the Indians wouldn't want it back for at least a year, the USA started to build it's economy in that region and mass moving most of it's citizens there (in order to fortify it and make it impenetrable to attacks).

Now however India has decided they wanted it back and this is causing quite a stirrup in the US since they just put so much costs in the region and where finally starting to see the fruits of their labour, not to mention that a huge chunk of their economy is located in that region (which would then be swapped back to india in case the region would be returned)

Tensions are rising since eUSA is faced with a dilemma: will they return the region as promised, resulting in gigantic ecnomical and financial losses (with the possibility that next month Serbia PTO's India and they lose a HI region to Phoenix), will a solution be found or will the US show India the big middle finger?

Certainly a solution worth following since it might lead to some interesting events foreign affairs stage of in E-rep

more info:

http://eusforum.com/index.php/topic,24318.0.html (discussion on the US forum)
http://eusforum.com/index.php/topic,24396.0.html (discussion on the US forum - indian perspective)
http://forum.erepublikindia.com/phpBB3/ (indian forum)
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

India want Katana back Empty Re: India want Katana back

Post by palodigon 2010-05-30, 12:31

Well the agreement says the eUSA can hire the region for at least a year. Has it been a year already?
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-05-30, 12:35

palodigon wrote:Well the agreement says the eUSA can hire the region for at least a year. Has it been a year already?

no I don't thinks so.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by palodigon 2010-05-30, 12:36

Well then India should keep its word and stfu Very Happy
palodigon
palodigon
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-30, 12:40

Not if it was a malicious agreement Very Happy
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-05-30, 12:47

Reaussou wrote:Not if it was a malicious agreement Very Happy

it wasn't really. They had a contract and USA paid them 900G/month which is ridiculous if you ask me since they could have just taken it if they wanted to.

meh, shows again that being a nice guy = being an idiot in this game.

houraaah for the Machiavelli way of thinking!
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-30, 12:59

shadowukcs wrote:

I'm quoting from my studymaterial from last year:
Confidence, lie and deceit must be applied and potential violence is a must. A strong army is a condition sine qua non for those who want to have or gain power. A people's army, an armed force who is willing to fight if it has something to defend. That's why the ruler does need to make attempts to make himself loved, to rule through consensus.

You are referring to "The goal justifies the means." which is in fact "populistic machiavellisme."

A ruled needs to be cruel but just. Taking another country's high region is not just.

(Just wanted to point that out since 90% of the people who use Machiavelli use it in a wrong way.)
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-05-30, 13:04

Reaussou wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:

I'm quoting from my studymaterial from last year:
Confidence, lie and deceit must be applied and potential violence is a must. A strong army is a condition sine qua non for those who want to have or gain power. A people's army, an armed force who is willing to fight if it has something to defend. That's why the ruler does need to make attempts to make himself loved, to rule through consensus.

You are referring to "The goal justifies the means." which is in fact "populistic machiavellisme."

A ruled needs to be cruel but just. Taking another country's high region is not just.

I am referring to (and I'm not quoting it, I just read 'Il principe' once. I'm no expert on it) the part where it said that if you can't be loved, you should be feared.

also if you just spend thousands of gold on freeing a country, completely without them having to pay you one dime for your costs (bare in mind they had to build a bridge from the US to India), that saying "you have your entire country back for free, but we keep 1 region" is pretty just to me.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-05-30, 13:48

some more numbers:

The iron revenue per week varies (for US), but it is anywhere from 800 to 1300.

Rent fee is 900g, both sides of the MPP (+200G/month), and ATO assistance to India (ea large cost of moving tickets for ATO squads. Figure unknown, but my personal estimation is that it can go well over 1k).

a bit over 100 US companies are located in this region

it is the second most important region in erep

HR(US president) quoted when asked if US was going to keep the region: "I am not presently looking to retain Karnataka by force"
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaussou 2010-05-30, 14:24

After all it does not only LOOK like you know a lot. You actually DO know a lot.

= Sorry for my picky behavior.
Reaussou
Reaussou
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2010-05-30, 14:28

Reaussou wrote:After all it does not only LOOK like you know a lot. You actually DO know a lot.

= Sorry for my picky behavior.

lol np

I have good contacts in most places and I used to have one of the better spy networks in this game.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down