eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The right side of eBelgium

+3
Thore Thoreson
Velitia
Citizen Robespierre
7 posters

Go down

The right side of eBelgium Empty The right side of eBelgium

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-07-27, 00:18

Following the topic “The left side of eBelgium” and after having a look at the orientation of our country’s political parties, I wondered whether or not there would be a base to have a right sided political party in eBelgium.

Allow me to explain my point of view:

According to my experience to the game so far, there are multiple aspects and ways to play eRepublik Rising. One of the biggest aspects seems to be, what I would like to call, “the war mode”.
eBelgium is just a tiny spec k on the world map in eRepublik much similar to the real world. However the world in eRepublik is much more hostile. There is no NATO, no UN for our little eCountry to seek refuge. Although, yes, I am aware that we are a member of Entente. But could Entente really save us from an invasion? In the current situation our eCountry is in? Considering the two major alliances, Phoenix and EDEN? I think not, although I must admit that our eCountry has been spared from any major conflict up to now.

So what would it be, “the right side of eBelgium”?

I am aware of the call from left sided citizens to focus our eGovernment on so called communes. eState companies providing in food and grain. I do not oppose those things. However one can survive without cheap food in this game but one, as a country, cannot survive without a strong and well equipped army. So I would propose a MIC, a Military Industrial Complex. It worked in real live and it still proves to be a working model. (For those who are not familiar with a MIC: an example the USA during world war II)
How would it be brought into practice in the eWorld?

Raw materials: I once advocated for eState companies abroad to supply our eCountry with the much needed raw materials. This is now an idea that, amongst others, A Vegan and other citizens seems to defend in there left sided view. However I must confess that that idea is now null and void. Raw material companies should be the crown jewels of eBelgium. We would lose the ability to secure and protect those companies by locating them abroad. Even so, in the interest of our beloved eBelgium, it would be vital for us, to have at least eState companies in iron, stone and titanium. I would suggest to locate these companies in the Brussels region. And yes, I am aware of the fact that we only have regions with medium resources for those raw materials, but the other fact is that an eState company is not there to make a profit in the first place, but to facilitate life to its eCitizens. Therefore this is not a business plan, this is an ideological theory.

Moving on: The eState should also provide in companies producing rifles, tanks, artillery and air units. Ambitious? Yes, considering the amount of gold it would cost our eGovernment, but vital and necessary to revive our economy. Our eGovernment would be able to create at least 70 jobs (even more if production would surpass the level of efficient labour). 40% of production could be held as supplies for the army, while the rest could be sold to major foreign countries. Having a vertical integrated production process would also mean that our eGovernement would be able to produce cheaper than when we would have to buy the raw materials on the market. It also means that we could set our market prices lower than any other competitor on the market. It would not be about making profits, it would be about making a break even. Again for those who would criticize this point, it is not a business model, it is a state model. A state gets its earnings from elsewhere, namely taxes.

Anything else?

Yes, off course. All these eState companies would be located in the Brussels region. Therefore for maximizing the security of the state, a strong defense system and a hospital would be necessary to. If I am not mistaken a hospital is already in place? However a defense system is still lacking. Therefore one should be bought or build depending on whatever would be the cheapest solution.

Conclusion to the MIC:

1. It would bring employment to our nation.
2. It would give our nation a military advantage.

Let me know whatever you think about my proposal, although try to keep it polite Smile

Citizen Robespierre

Ps. I am sorry to inform you all that I will be less active in the coming weeks due to RL obligations. I will be limited to a “two-click” game style. I already gave my resignation as eBelgian Ambassador to eSweden to Stilpo. However I will still be following any new developments in our eCountry.
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

The right side of eBelgium Empty Re: The right side of eBelgium

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-07-27, 00:27

Some further clarifications:

1. The raw materials produced by the state companies would not be intended for the market in the first place.
2. There would be no eGovernement interference on the market concerning grain, food, housing and moving tickets.
3. The eGoverment would produce at least Q3 or Q4 rifles, tanks, artillery and air units. Again entrepreneurs who sell Q1 or Q2 weapons would not have to compete with the eGovernment. Although I doubt that allot of citizens buy any weapons…

CR -
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Velitia 2010-07-27, 03:58

Okay... do you even know what being on the right side of the spectrum means? Your proposition is military communes which we already have. However this is using BEF on a loss to produce military goods in a faster way.
Velitia
Velitia
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-07-27, 06:36

Velitia wrote:Okay... do you even know what being on the right side of the spectrum means? Your proposition is military communes which we already have. However this is using BEF on a loss to produce military goods in a faster way.

Yes I know what it means to be on the right side of the spectrum... And a Military-Industrial Complex suits perfectly in that spectrum, unless you'd like to call Dwight D. Eisenhower "a lefty" that is... Thank you.

If you'd like to call them "military communes", that's fine by me, and if we allready have them, then where can I find them? I'd like to see some transparency on that matter...
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-07-27, 06:52

http://economy.erepublik.com/en/accounts/1361039
Plus our gift company in the State Companies was converted into an Aircraft company with the launch of V2.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-07-27, 07:01

Ty Thore for the link!

But I would hardly call that a military commune though... 1 rifle company, 1 Air unit company and one raw materials company (iron on foreign soil). That's not quit what I proposed in my opinion.

Besides Velitia, I think you didn't really read my full topic, since you had to start a new one called "the real right side of eBelgium"...

I'm also advocating free market here. There is no where to be found in this topic that the eGovernment would get involved in the market...

It would be a divided branch in the economy, with the sole purpose of building a strong military opperatus. Overstocks, like explained before, would be sold on foreign markets.

To quote Thore on this from the "Company Welfare" topic in the congress debate area:
"Belgians may not buy a lot of weapons, but people in Hungary, Brazil, Serbia, USA, Poland, Spain, etc do. Exports are the ultimate goal."
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-07-28, 04:16

It is the start of a Milkitary commune, not the end result. We don't have a large military and did not have the resources to spend them building these companies, yet.
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by HuCard 2010-07-28, 10:34

Your propositions would consume a lot of GOLD, of which we have too little to spend it this excessively.

Further I believe that you are overestimating the military threat to Belgium. Of our immediate neighbours one is our ally, one helped to free us from the Spanish invasion of a while ago, and with another we once formed a consenting union. And I personally doubt Germany will try to form an empire at our expense soon. If Spain wanted to reach the UK for some reason passing through France would be a much more direct way, and if Hungary wanted to landswap into North America again they would surely rather find a way through the Netherlands since EDEN would try to half their advance by aiding us if they chose a route through Belgium and the resistance could delay their operations.

My point is, investing such a lot of money into an unprofitable complex of military companies would not be worth the trouble. If anything we should support and attract new private companies producing military goods primarily for the world market, and in case of a war we could simply subsidise them if we want our citizens to have access to cheap weaponry.
HuCard
HuCard
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://holyromanempire.blog126.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2010-07-28, 11:18

Germany is commie grounds atm. So lolz, I doubt it.
Theneka
Theneka
2,000 Premium Club Member
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen Robespierre 2010-07-28, 14:57

HuCard wrote:Your propositions would consume a lot of GOLD, of which we have too little to spend it this excessively.

In my view, it is better to spent money (gold) to make money. And what I proposed would not only help our military but also our economy. The eGovernment aswel as the eCitizens would profit from a MIC. But okay, I admit it would cost alot of gold, but to be honest, I think that there is no cheap solution if one would want to raise the level of our economy...

HuCard wrote:My point is, investing such a lot of money into an unprofitable complex of military companies would not be worth the trouble. If anything we should support and attract new private companies producing military goods primarily for the world market, and in case of a war we could simply subsidise them if we want our citizens to have access to cheap weaponry.

It is exactly because the military market is unprofitable, that I believe that the eGovernment should take the leading role here. I'm sorry HuCard, you state that it's unprofitable, but yet you would like to attract private citizens to invest in that market? How you would do that, is unclear to me though. If any, is eBelgium competitive on a global market concerning the production of weapons? (taking into account: min wage, tax, gold value of BEF, price of raws etc.), concerning the production of any goods for that matter?

Anyway thank you for your reaction
Citizen Robespierre
Citizen Robespierre
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Thore Thoreson 2010-07-29, 04:31

We are not profitable on the world stage, but we are slowly getting there. Messing with the economy can have unintended consequences and should be done in small steps, letting the market stabilize before the next step is taken. This allows all to adjust to the new conditions and keeps huge swings from happening (such as we saw when V2 was implemented).
Thore Thoreson
Thore Thoreson
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by JHemelhof 2010-07-29, 08:36

Thore Thoreson wrote:We are not profitable on the world stage, but we are slowly getting there. Messing with the economy can have unintended consequences and should be done in small steps, letting the market stabilize before the next step is taken. This allows all to adjust to the new conditions and keeps huge swings from happening (such as we saw when V2 was implemented).

+1
JHemelhof
JHemelhof
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2010-08-07, 04:13

I like this thread... Yes I do...
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God