eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition

+13
Chris Stanwick
temujin94
Fhaemita Malodorous
jamster737
Kylero
Elynea
Bert_en_Ernie
Xgentis Lempereur
Pieter557
Glenn Wauters
Jofroi
Manong Z
shadowukcs
17 posters

Go down

Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition Empty Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-16, 13:38

ThomasRed

As you have seen by now, there is a enormous discontent about your presidency so far. You do not listen to the public and every election again, you use zombies/sheepvoters/2clickers to get your victory. By now, you have also seen the large amount of active players who are involved in the opposition.

We do not want the country to burn, we want dialogue. In the past you laughed with us, I hope now you will take us serious.

Our primary demand is the following:

We want pre-elections as explained in manong's post in Congress and in my article. Every month, right after the PP elections, each of the top 5 parties holds a internal party vote. In this vote they decide if they want to run a candidate and who this will be. Then these Candidates get 1 week to organize a campaign for the elections. After this 1 week each top5 party must chose 1 candidate they want to back up. They must do this by a vote in their private party forums. This candidate CANNOT be from their own party. Each party has 1 vote it can cast. In case of a tie, a second round is held. The winner of this round will be put forward as candidate and will be supported by all 5 parties.

If one of the Party presidents refuses to do this or fails to cooperate, we will see them as a PTO’er and a enemy of eBelgium and our democracy. The other parties can PTO that party and can outlaw their candidate. This will make him enemy of eBelgium and remove his government forum access.

TR, for too long there has been a cancer named sheepvoters in eBE. WE WANT THIS END!

All party presidents, except BfB, can find themselves in the idea of pre-elections. It's a mean to ensure that the most active, best suited person wins. I say it's time that BfB holds a discussion to review this.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition Empty Re: Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition

Post by Manong Z 2011-03-16, 13:42

I no longer wish to work with you and your party after your PTO attempts with BfB. There is not excuse for going after your own kind. We are a small community, trust is a very important matter.
Manong Z
Manong Z
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition Empty Re: Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition

Post by Jofroi 2011-03-16, 13:56

I'm against either. For the same reason that I've always been. I don't want the NL system to work here.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-16, 14:16

Im totally against it, every party one vote? So for example the two active members of Groen! have the same to say as the 12 active members of BfB or RB?
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieter557 2011-03-16, 14:21

Glenn Wauters wrote:Im totally against it, every party one vote? So for example the two active members of Groen! have the same to say as the 12 active members of BfB or RB?
Same reason I don't like it...
and anonymous voting would be non existing too.
Pieter557
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-03-16, 14:37

Manong Rizal wrote:I no longer wish to work with you and your party after your PTO attempts with BfB. There is not excuse for going after your own kind. We are a small community, trust is a very important matter.
It seems the feeling is mutual BfB never wanted to really work with us anyway.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-16, 14:43

Glenn Wauters wrote:Im totally against it, every party one vote? So for example the two active members of Groen! have the same to say as the 12 active members of BfB or RB?

it can be brought down to the top3 or top 4 if it becomes apparent that 1 or 2 parties are completely abandoned or PTO'd.

Besides, this is only 1 proposal to tackle sheepvoters. If anyone has a better proposal, feel free to propose it, but we don't stop until a solution is found to put sheepvoters out of the game. Simple.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-03-16, 15:13

Like I said in my comments on the newspaper: These 2-clickers are also a part of the eBelgium community and have a right to cast a vote. I don't see why only active people should have the right to vote. This is not how democracy works in my opinion.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-16, 15:14

shadowukcs wrote:

it can be brought down to the top3 or top 4 if it becomes apparent that 1 or 2 parties are completely abandoned or PTO'd.

Besides, this is only 1 proposal to tackle sheepvoters. If anyone has a better proposal, feel free to propose it, but we don't stop until a solution is found to put sheepvoters out of the game. Simple.

One better solution to this would be to simply hold a vote on the forum where everyone (with Belgian Citizenship) can vote
But I still dont like it, anyway, Im off, Im getting myself to the neutral zone

Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5nFCElAHo8OKoNPhI5SLsccSorMeMXiWm2YbjeGbT4eizMxUu&t=1
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-16, 15:25

Glenn Wauters wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:

One better solution to this would be to simply hold a vote on the forum where everyone (with Belgian Citizenship) can vote
But I still dont like it, anyway, Im off, Im getting myself to the neutral zone

Discussion with TR - Demands of the opposition Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5nFCElAHo8OKoNPhI5SLsccSorMeMXiWm2YbjeGbT4eizMxUu&t=1

I can find myself in such a thing as well. Problem is organising it. The party idea is easier to work out. Nevertheless I don't mind giving this a try for the next election
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-16, 15:59

The forum is not the game, i speak with 3 persons who are belgians and they don't want come here. I understand why.

Against. If bfb did your action in the past, you should be angry, and they had the possibility to make that. Respect before all.

i agree Manong.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2011-03-16, 17:03

Ah, don't worry about the Groen Party, its been PTO'd because of all this...thanks guys!
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2011-03-16, 17:14

Manong Rizal wrote:I no longer wish to work with you and your party after your PTO attempts with BfB. There is not excuse for going after your own kind. We are a small community, trust is a very important matter.
i 100% agree with this comment trying a PTO is not a way to open talks what if Critically won would we have had a say to this in the first place ? i think not
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-03-16, 17:19

Elynea wrote:The forum is not the game, i speak with 3 persons who are belgians and they don't want come here. I understand why.

You talk to your multies? Razz
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-03-16, 17:31

>Attempted PTO
>Kill party politics
>Destroy traditional democracy and allow 2 people the same say as 20

No thanks
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-16, 17:55

temujin94 wrote:
>Destroy traditional democracy and allow 2 people the same say as 20

No thanks

that's a perfect description of what BfB and TR are doing today
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-16, 17:58

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:
Elynea wrote:The forum is not the game, i speak with 3 persons who are belgians and they don't want come here. I understand why.

You talk to your multies? Razz

yeah maybe... you can contact columbo to know Wink
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Stanwick 2011-03-17, 01:54

I have come to hate these threads - I really do have better things to be doing than replying to them. Mad

Two-clickers, no matter what you may call them, are a part of the Belgian community, they simply do not actively participate in the social aspect of it. However, they do still vote, and preventing them from voting in the CP election is impossible due to game mechanics. You can keep them from selecting the CP candidates, but that was never in the hands of anyone but the active citizens anyway. The parties will, as always, select as CP candidates whoever they so choose. If they can convince the most two-clickers to vote for their candidate over the others, then there is no way around it. We must always consider the game mechanics.
Chris Stanwick
Chris Stanwick
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2011-03-17, 17:47

As I commented in an article (which might be a couple of days old, I haven't really been following the media for a couple of days until this issue was brought to my attention), there must be other, better ways to tackle the BfB hegemony if it bothers you so much, but attempting a PTO looks a little disturbed ( and disturbing) to me. Gather the underground opposition in one party and give it a patriotic/nationalistic name, and when you become numero uno, hope for the sheep voting effect during the next elections. Now it just looks like some personal feuds or feelings of antipathy are being blown up to a national scale, and I can't see how this will benefit the community as a whole.
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2011-03-17, 17:52

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:As I commented in an article (which might be a couple of days old, I haven't really been following the media for a couple of days until this issue was brought to my attention), there must be other, better ways to tackle the BfB hegemony if it bothers you so much, but attempting a PTO looks a little disturbed ( and disturbing) to me. Gather the underground opposition in one party and give it a patriotic/nationalistic name, and when you become numero uno, hope for the sheep voting effect during the next elections. Now it just looks like some personal feuds or feelings of antipathy are being blown up to a national scale, and I can't see how this will benefit the community as a whole.

+1

Although I totally understand the frustration that lead to this action.
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacob van Artevelde 2011-03-17, 19:57

We can argue about the way it all happened, but it has happened and we have to live with it and get on.
The more important question is why ?
and then we return to:

someone said:
We perfectly know the reason of the why, but we disagree with that reason. The current problem is that your opinion and ours about the people that should be on the election list is kinda different. And I think that'll be pretty hard to change the point of view from any of the sides.

and similarities to RL Belgium ...
Jacob van Artevelde
Jacob van Artevelde
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-17, 20:12

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:As I commented in an article (which might be a couple of days old, I haven't really been following the media for a couple of days until this issue was brought to my attention), there must be other, better ways to tackle the BfB hegemony if it bothers you so much, but attempting a PTO looks a little disturbed ( and disturbing) to me. Gather the underground opposition in one party and give it a patriotic/nationalistic name, and when you become numero uno, hope for the sheep voting effect during the next elections. Now it just looks like some personal feuds or feelings of antipathy are being blown up to a national scale, and I can't see how this will benefit the community as a whole.

we've been trying other ways for months now. At a certain point, you have to face the facts and conclude that it's the only possible way that remains.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-03-17, 20:35

I disagree, shadow, and I do not feel that it is assumed you are speaking for me. I will be publishing an article explaining what I think is the better way to do this.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down