eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble suggestion to the opposition

+7
cooke4444
goopypants
tommot
Stijn Puttemans
Fhaemita Malodorous
MaryamQ
Yannis
11 posters

Go down

A humble suggestion to the opposition Empty A humble suggestion to the opposition

Post by Yannis 2012-10-16, 12:53

Dear opposition,

I respect your opinions and points of view and acknowledge you that me and the other forum members are aware of your willing to change our country leadership. Also I will not express my opinion about this subject, as I don't believe it will contribute to the well being of the eBelgian community to do so.

This being said, why don't you post all your complaints about admins being dictatorial, AWOL politicians, might-usurping CPs and incapable governments in one thread? There are people repeating over and over again in a big amount of topics their disagreements and theories about corruption, seizures of power and conspiracy. This leads to citizens not acting towards the country's objectives or even against them, cutting deep in our efficiency, prosperity, safety and eWorld influence. So what's the use of it? Just post it once on one topic. It will be easy to get a global overview of all opposition members and their thoughts and you can think about overthrowing the current CP if enough citizens support your ideas.

In the meanwhile, I would kindly ask you to have some respect to the current leadership, as the CP reached the function because a majority of voters chose to support him (and in my humble opinion the fact that some citizens might be "voting sheep" doesn't make their votes worth less than others). Smile

Don't get me wrong, you totally have the right to express your thoughts and disagreements, but please mind the consequences on the forum and the community. Your voices are heard and you will be able to try putting new people in the Government that are more appropriate (according to you) to rule the country, that is the main purpose of elections. Until then, I would be pleased if you trust the majority and put apart your grief to help them stay strong in the eWorld.

eBelgium is small and times are tough, we really can miss a community division right now. To me the security and well being of the country and its citizen is more important than personal beliefs of how the country should be ruled.

Love,

Yannis

Ps1: Also, I encourage the actual opposition towards constructive criticism, it will be strongly appreciated by the majority.
Ps2: Sorry for the possible language mistakes.

Last edited by Yannis on 2012-10-16, 13:44; edited 2 times in total
Yannis
Yannis
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

A humble suggestion to the opposition Empty Re: A humble suggestion to the opposition

Post by MaryamQ 2012-10-16, 13:14

I love you What a refreshingly constructive post! I hope both sides will take note of how a newcomer views things here. I agree, it isn't who is in power but how people treat one another that can make this eCountry rise or fall.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

A humble suggestion to the opposition Empty Re: A humble suggestion to the opposition

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-10-16, 13:18

+1
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stijn Puttemans 2012-10-16, 14:42

+ 2
Stijn Puttemans
Stijn Puttemans
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommot 2012-10-16, 15:01

+3

This is something i look forward to read(and i did).
Unlike the many posts from the past few weeks.
tommot
tommot
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

http://tomren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-10-16, 16:14

As far as I am aware, there isn't any opposition. None of the LCC greek folks are registered on the forums.

goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by cooke4444 2012-10-16, 16:23

MaryamQ wrote: I love you What a refreshingly constructive post!

Booooo, constructive ideas Wink

If I have time again:
LET THE TROLL IN "THE FUN SIDE" BEGIN! Razz

(Also: people who know my eLife career, know that I'm only serious when I have to)

cooke4444
cooke4444
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-10-16, 17:34

goopypants wrote:As far as I am aware, there isn't any opposition. None of the LCC greek folks are registered on the forums.

By opposition i meant every individual opposed to the ideas of the current CP and government, his way of getting things done, their decisions, ... (like you are, isn't it? )

But please don't be a nitpicker focussing at every little detail, I hope you understood the general content, the thought process and the message behind it, because that's the reason why I wrote this.
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylero 2012-10-16, 18:55

I'll be the first to congratulate the CP when he does something well and constructive. But good god man! Where is it? Im tired of this holding pattern. We need some fun and purpose. And finding ways to silence dissent on the forum does not a leader make.
Kylero
Kylero

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-10-16, 20:22

I understand your disappointment. Neutral If you want my opinion, it is mainly because of the economical crisis, as i think the government spends a lot of time in restricting budgets to keep our economy from crashing and aren't able to make new ones, which restricts their opportunities to innovate in our actual situation. But I don't think he is inactive, because like Nohjis said:

Quite frankly no idea what NLSP has been doing personally but I see Citizen Packs are running, BYS is running, Army receives funds, MoD did a strike, MoF proposed some financial changes. There have been a few informative articles in game. I see immigration policy is being executed. I see talks happened in CoT for the MoFA department. I see the Moldova MPP got renewed.

In short I see the executive branch doing its job. Can't say the same about congress even when they're kindly being asked to do something but last I checked the executive and the legislative branch are two different things.

True, there seems to be some troubles in the Congress and the CP maybe lacks some active planning in that area (I can't confirm because I'm not a Congress member), but there is also a quite big probability that the motivation of the Congress members to help eBe evolve has dropped when reading the forum, as some comments and threads almost made me sad myself.

But I have a good advice for you, why don't you ENCOURAGE the CP towards those changes? Very Happy
Because honestly, if I was CP and some people bragged about my incompetence, my lack of activity, the fact that they would be a much better CP than me and posted a lot of those destructive comments, I wouldn't be inclined to listen to them. But if you ask politely and stay positive I'm sure he would take the time to read what you have to say. I can't promise he will do just as you ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a personal answer from his side. I love you

You have to understand that the CP is human too and maybe is tired of all those destructive comments. Being tired of a situation is human, but acting tired is almost never the best choice. Wink
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by boer jan 2012-10-16, 21:07

jeeses, I am falling in love Embarassed

as a new eBe citizen you see things that some of us do not notice anymore, lot of players do not read some topics just because they see someone his name as poster.
I delete often my answers before posting, afraid I will harm even more. Trouble is that all those negative vibes mostly attract more negative reactions.
Strange to see citizens who agreed some months ago on most of the things, now bitching on each other, turning every word to see if it hide nothing else
boer jan
boer jan
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yannis 2012-10-17, 01:01

Hahah, thank you Smile Well, I guess it was time for some fresh meat in our ranks! Very Happy
Yannis
Yannis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Jayne Summers 2012-10-17, 01:14

In fairness, I see quite a few coherent and good remarks Yannis. Which I fully agree with it. However, even if you make the perfect suggestion, you'll always have one or two people criticise a spelling mistake or something that's not even linked to what you're trying to say.

So please do not let that stop you from making lovely suggestions like this!

And welcome here, there is some lovely people here ^_^ cat

*kiss kiss*
~Lily.
Lily Jayne Summers
Lily Jayne Summers
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2012-10-17, 02:51

You seem to be confusing criticism of NLSP with criticism of "the government".
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2012-10-17, 07:01

Yannis what well spoken it is nice to see this kind of words keep up this great posts.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down