eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Market

+10
NicknameFromRonny
tecuvo
Ward De Bever
Bert_en_Ernie
Glenn Wauters
Jofroi
NLSP
ThomasRED
shadowukcs
Gibberish45
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Money Market - Page 2 Empty Re: Money Market

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-06-08, 20:47

Jofroi wrote:They're making us a favor, not the opposite.^^
You see yourself (us) as the State and Congress (they) as something different ???
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NicknameFromRonny 2011-06-08, 20:49

Ward De Bever wrote:It's a strong tradition, and we can use it to the max to establish ourselves as a tax haven in the e-world. This would give us a huge internal market (a bit like RL Luxemburg, Andorra or Monaco), will certainly lead to better citizen retention, and even the 1% tax rates would bring in sizeable amounts of local currency.

I don't know if our p low resource bonusses would support this theory... Our production costs stay higher, either way you turn it.
NicknameFromRonny
NicknameFromRonny
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish45 2011-06-08, 20:52

Ward De Bever wrote:sizeable amounts of local currency.

Good because that's what a Q1 food will cost when our CC hits .001 Razz
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-06-08, 20:58

Ward De Bever wrote:It's a strong tradition, and we can use it to the max to establish ourselves as a tax haven in the e-world. This would give us a huge internal market (a bit like RL Luxemburg, Andorra or Monaco), will certainly lead to better citizen retention, and even the 1% tax rates would bring in sizeable amounts of local currency.

I don't see how congressman giving their gold makes us a tax haven?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-06-08, 21:09

shadowukcs wrote:I don't see how congressman giving their gold makes us a tax haven?
Ward De Bever, in the commentsection of NFRonny's article, wrote:It seems that we have enough gold income and do nothing with it. We could as well ABOLISH ALL TAXES - 75 gold of Congress donations, sold at 950, would earn us 71250 BEF per month at current rates (no need to put it on the market all at once). This is way more than the current BEF income from taxes. The other lower half would end up in the reserves.
For this we get the economic stimulus of a completely free-trade zone and a sizeable boost to the money market.
(sorry for the spam, but it's on request Wink )
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-06-08, 21:45

NicknameFromRonny wrote:

I don't know if our p low resource bonusses would support this theory... Our production costs stay higher, either way you turn it.

I agree. Plus, RL economics =/= erep economics

In RL this would work. in here it doesn't. Most ppl in eworld live in countries that already have 100% production and the cheapest prices in eworld. They won't move. The others who do buy up goods abroad (which aren't many ppl tbf) do so in big countries they are familiar with. Not in eBelgium

Ward, you're a clever guy, but you mistake RL economics waaaay to much with erep economics. They're not the same.

Such free-trade zone's simply won't work in a country like eBelgium and will do far more harm than gain.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish45 2011-06-08, 22:58

Both times I was a CM I donated my gold but I did so out of my own free will. Of course, at the time Belgium needed the funds. If I was elected now seeing as we generally have a surplus I would probably keep it since I'm broke. I'm all for tradition but why give much needed gold when Belgium doesn't have to have it?

IMHO, this was a temporary solution to a financial crisis that didn't end when the crisis ended (sounds like any legislative tax in RL)

Plus 5 gold is a lot more to me than WDB Razz
Gibberish45
Gibberish45
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-06-09, 07:45

Gibberish45 wrote:Both times I was a CM I donated my gold but I did so out of my own free will. Of course, at the time Belgium needed the funds. If I was elected now seeing as we generally have a surplus I would probably keep it since I'm broke. I'm all for tradition but why give much needed gold when Belgium doesn't have to have it?

Currently we're sitting on a huge amount of unused gold.

The state is supposed to use his money for the citizen. If we don't have a real urgent need for it, we can lower the "income". Moreover even with 30 gold it's still around 30K BEF, so far enough for 3 MPP.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-06-09, 09:01

We could CONQUER THE WORLD

Or

We use it to sponsor the N4GW
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Helviro 2011-06-09, 09:08

I still believe in the systematical donation of the congress gold. For one, as written above, there are candidates enough who are willing to be in congress for free.
Besides that, being in congress isn't that though a job that you need to have apporximately 5K for it.

COnsider what we could do with the 5 gold:

We can divide it as follows:

2 gold to the general working of eBelgium (MPP's) and to intervene in the MM.
2 gold for military operations. As it looks like the military part will become more and more important in the near future, Getting a firm military structure (which is politically unbiased) is of the greatest importance.

1 gold for the free food program.

Thus the 5 gold of the CM should be well spent and at the same time be transparent.

One note on the military issue though, the fact that I emphasize the politically unbiasedness, doens't mean state can't intervene in it. The principle the payer decides is important as well. However I want this military unit to have it's own structure that doesn't change every time elections pass.
Helviro
Helviro
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mittekemuis 2011-06-09, 12:15

Helviro wrote:I still believe in the systematical donation of the congress gold. For one, as written above, there are candidates enough who are willing to be in congress for free.
Besides that, being in congress isn't that though a job that you need to have apporximately 5K for it.

COnsider what we could do with the 5 gold:

We can divide it as follows:

2 gold to the general working of eBelgium (MPP's) and to intervene in the MM.
2 gold for military operations. As it looks like the military part will become more and more important in the near future, Getting a firm military structure (which is politically unbiased) is of the greatest importance.

1 gold for the free food program.

Thus the 5 gold of the CM should be well spent and at the same time be transparent.

One note on the military issue though, the fact that I emphasize the politically unbiasedness, doens't mean state can't intervene in it. The principle the payer decides is important as well. However I want this military unit to have it's own structure that doesn't change every time elections pass.

Yes I agree with Helviro on this. We don't need more gold sitting in our bank. We need to put more money/gold in the things that can make eBelgium stronger and bigger.
Seeing we all are willling to donate our congressgold to the country I think we should keep that rule in place. However, I would like to see it used rather then sitting there.
The training program is running on only 2000BEF and donations from generous people + Elynea who cant keep doing it out of her own pocket! Why so I think we need to proceed with this...well it is simple look at the CP election look at the quantity of people who voted. It has been going up since we started with the training unit and since we put effort and resources in those players who don't drop out but become active and strong.

The Belgian Army could do so much more if they had that extra income. Even with GOOD management we are not going to supply our soldiers with enough tanks nor will everybody have enough food to do a complete attack. The army HC could use the gold or NBB could keep the gold and give the same amount on local currency to the army.
I know that with more funds we could also expand the BAF with the strongest members of the training unit. Seeing we are letting Belgian armed forces fight all over the world it can be so much better if the numbers grow and the strength grows bigger.

The other 2 gold goes to NNB and can be used for other things that needs to be done for the community. Like MM and lets hope we don't need it, extra MPPs...

mittekemuis
mittekemuis
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-06-09, 13:56

Last time we got invaded, we spend 200G in 1 day!... 1 day!

That's what those gold reserves are for. But ppl seem to forget that and rather spend it on oversupplying noobs or giving everyone free companies.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Helviro 2011-06-09, 14:00

Agreed Shadowucks that we need a good reserve, which we have at the moment!!!

but oversupplying noobs, i feel is way to hard. Noobs need support. The food we give them, comes with advise as well, otherwise it would be useless to start any form of babyboom!
Helviro
Helviro
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-06-09, 14:04

Helviro wrote:Agreed Shadowucks that we need a good reserve, which we have at the moment!!!

but oversupplying noobs, i feel is way to hard. Noobs need support. The food we give them, comes with advise as well, otherwise it would be useless to start any form of babyboom!

1) we don't need to give them food, they can produce that themselves. Right now, BAF would use this to either give every soldier 6 guns (so they can fight full 300hp at 200%) or give everyone raws companies.

Sorry, but I don't think it's necessary to give new players to much weapons at the cost of players who bust their ass off in congress and who DO invest time in this game and in making it better.

I can tell you this: This month 3 ppl refused to give their donation to NBB because of rumours that their gold would go to BAF. I know at least 4 others who will do the same next month.

Supply to BAF and I guarantee you, in 2 months the system of gold CM donation will be gone.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Helviro 2011-06-09, 14:07

In no sense i have talked about BAF, tell me where in my post i referred to that. I am always talking about a military unit. This can be BAF, but if a lot of people have problems with the way Baf is run, more people should become involved in a BAF-like structure.
If you only can critisize from the sideline without participating, you have no right to speak. If you think a military unit should be run otherwise, tell them what is wrong and get involved!

Last edited by Helviro on 2011-06-09, 14:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong gramatics,...)
Helviro
Helviro
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-06-09, 14:32

Helviro wrote:In no sense i have talked about BAF, tell me where in my post i referred to that. I am always talking about a military unit. This can be BAF, but if a lot of people have problems with the way Baf is run, more people should become involved in a BAF-like structure.
If you only can critisize from the sideline without participating, you have no right to speak. If you think a military unit should be run otherwise, tell them what is wrong and get involved!

"2 gold for military operations" that and the fact that mittekemuis speaks of the "the Belgian army", which is, last I checked, BAF

Also, concerning participating. I'm not allowed as I'm not in BAF. I did however have been giving advice on how to change and run BAF more efficiently for months now. But ppl HQ don't seem want to listen.

I've been yelling that the companies should be moved to ePL for nearly 2 months now. I showed it in 10 different posts how much more efficient it is. I gave data, proof,... Only less than a week ago they finally decided to listen. I told them about stopping with producing food (and going 100% into weapons) well over a month ago. I told them they are actually harming the economy, gave them the numbers, the stats,... but they never listened. Now they seem to finally start realizing it and doing the same thing I've been telling them for months.
Ditto with smarter travel management....

I do get involved, I give better alternatives, I present them with the better solution... but there is a stubbornness in BAF to do the exact opposite of what I propose (no matter what it is) and therefore run an army completely inefficiently.

SO PLEASE, don't tell me "participate". Honestly coz that pisses me off.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-06-09, 14:37

nice story bro... you make me sad about you... Sad
no one listen the best erep player of the world... cyclops
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin