eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

currency trading sub-forum?

4 posters

Go down

currency trading sub-forum? Empty currency trading sub-forum?

Post by goopypants 2011-08-06, 10:26

Had a thought about the currently broken money market. No idea why the eRepublik admins think the country currency sell half of the market should be in increments of hundredths.

Having watched the BEF market for a while, especially over the last couple weeks, seems to be a real liquidity problem. The jumps on the offer side from 0.01 to 0.02 to 0.03 end up having a bunch of offers listed at each step but no real trading.

Would it be a reasonable idea to have a sub-forum in the economy section here to list bulk currency offers in in-between amounts?

Some rules could be:

Currency would be listed in 1000 BEF lots
Each offer would be in 0.0025 increments, which gives much more resolution of the current system.
Offers are posted and are accepted both here in the forum and by sending the appropriate amount of gold in game, the BEF being sent by donation (do the forum posting first in case there is someone else who wants to buy, that way the seller doesn't have two people donating for the same offer)

Wouldn't be a futures market, or a "oh, i'll pay you over the next couple of days". If the seller can't get the gold because of the donations cap per day, the buy offer is voided and the buyer can go to another seller.
No real way to punish sellers who don't provide the BEF (the gold having already been sent), so would be at buyer's risk, but hey, don't buy BEF from someone you don't trust anyway.

F'rexample.... I've got 12000BEF that I could list to sell at 0.03 on the in-game market, or take a bit less than 0.02 by buying gold, but being able to sell it at 0.025 or 0.0275 might actually put some currency back in circulation rather than having it lounging around on the MM.

Dunno. Good idea?
goopypants
goopypants
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

currency trading sub-forum? Empty Re: currency trading sub-forum?

Post by Jofroi 2011-08-06, 10:30

Probably won't work.

The regular market isn't very liquid, but a forum based market would be even worse in my opinion.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-08-06, 10:31

or you can go to the sell gold page?
problem solved Smile
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by goopypants 2011-08-06, 10:34

Well, especially over the last few days, the market is pretty darn wonky.

For a few hours today there were no offers on the BEF side, and the gold side was still in the 450-475 range.

Yes, I know, when there are only like 2 eBelgium players on, not that big of an issue, but I'm also thinking of the <.002 side.... the jump from getting 1 gold for your 500BEF to getting .5 gold is pretty huge.
goopypants
goopypants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-08-06, 15:50

You can put up money offers/bids already now in the 'Le Marché (Market)' section: http://www.erepbelgium.com/f15-le-marche-market
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down