eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dutch are coming?

+25
Sammy Tanghe
Olv007
Konrad Neumann
Critically
wim vercauteren
Nohjis
Venoms III
Karakoran
Boklevski
Lisa Van Neste
Bert_en_Ernie
MaryamQ
NLSP
jamster737
Jofroi
goopypants
Cotarius
El1teBE
cooke4444
BrunoCND
Johny English A
Oleksandr
Jonathan Clay
Procuste
Fhaemita Malodorous
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Dutch are coming? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dutch are coming?

Post by Nohjis 2012-03-07, 17:43

The same can be said about the position of eNL, they don't have that military power either. The main goal would be to refrain eNL from having massive support during the RW and it'll be an in and out like the last time the French decided to invade.
Nohjis
Nohjis
2,000 Premium Club Member

http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-show/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Neumann 2012-03-07, 17:49

Nohjis wrote:The same can be said about the position of eNL, they don't have that military power either. The main goal would be to refrain eNL from having massive support during the RW and it'll be an in and out like the last time the French decided to invade.

They are more clever than the Belgians. First they are not neutral. Second, a lot of them are active in eUS politics and are in MUs etc. They are politically connected well and have a much better foreign policy than the Belgians. They do not sit here talking about neutrality and wish for the best. They are much more proactive. While their actual power is weak (still better than the Belgians imo) they have more robust plans and since they are a part of the international community and not build a bubble for yourself (Belgium) they are in a coalition that brings prestige and the perception of power.
Konrad Neumann
Konrad Neumann
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Karakoran 2012-03-07, 19:01

No one is going to support an unlawful invasion of eBelgium. Especially when the goal is nothing more than to unlawfully invade eBelgium. Your wrong about the eUS giving much support. While TEDEN might send an MU or two for a few battles, there wont be prolonged aid.

These "political connections" you speak of are next to worthless as TEDEN is far more concerned with fighting Hungary or Poland or Indonesia than pissing around in the Low Countries.

Even after this war, our "bubble" is still by far the greatest thing that we can choose. TEDEN thinks we're pro-ONE because we dare to fight against them when they invade us and ONE is too busy being wiped to side with anyone. We have nothing to gain from taking a side.

Anyway, eBelgium will rise again from the Dutch invasion. If the French couldn't keep us down the Dutch sure as Hell can't.
Karakoran
Karakoran
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-03-07, 19:37

Konrad Neumann wrote:They are more clever than the Belgians. First they are not neutral. Second, a lot of them are active in eUS politics and are in MUs etc. They are politically connected well and have a much better foreign policy than the Belgians. They do not sit here talking about neutrality and wish for the best. They are much more proactive. While their actual power is weak (still better than the Belgians imo) they have more robust plans and since they are a part of the international community and not build a bubble for yourself (Belgium) they are in a coalition that brings prestige and the perception of power.

The only reason the dutch are no longer neutral was the long occupation by Poland, it has left them with no other choice. They are in a position that will cause them to get wiped again as soon as the powerrelations switch. The only real difference is that a bigger nation has a true interest in and when needed, access to, the resources of the Netherlands. The fact that (T)Eden is now on the winning side of the global dispute for resources will not help them occupy Belgium in a permanent manner and I don't believe this is the goal of Auggustus either. While you sit there with eyecaps on, you forget that there are also eBelgians with connections in foreign countries and foreign MUs.

The whole stance of neutrality is based on the fact we're not looking to get in the same position as the UK where they've managed to upset three neighbours enough to have these neighbours feel the UK needs to be "punished" and left without a congress. You've noticed yourself how hard it is to convince the Germans to invade us when they have no actual interest in our regions. While I'm not the biggest fan of neutrality in my ideals, it's the only pragmatic approach to keeping eBe on the map in a permanent manner.

The actual powersize of the Netherlands is indeed bigger then that of Belgium, last I was able to check, it was about double our size in damage output but that's far from being enough to permanently occupy us. I doubt the relations to have changed much judging by average citizen level and number of citizens, they're still a good tad stronger then we are.
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-07, 19:59

Nohjis wrote: While you sit there with eyecaps on, you forget that there are also eBelgians with connections in foreign countries and foreign MUs.

TR has multiple connection, people have connection in eUK army, critically has probably connection in his german MU but that is probably it. eNL people have great contacts in eUS and their MU's and probably a lot of countries and MU's there. Garmr was MoD in eUS for 2 months or something. I do think you underestimate the Dutch connections especially compared to eBelgium connections.
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2012-03-07, 20:36

It's logical that when you are in (T)eden you have connections with the other countries. I think we will be on our own in this one because nobody is really interested what will happen here and everybody is busy with their own more important wars. Perhaps some guys will come over to get their 25 kills for their mercenary medal but that's the only help I think we can expect.

Which doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get some support.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by El1teBE 2012-03-07, 20:37

Fhaemita Malodorous wrote:
Nohjis wrote: While you sit there with eyecaps on, you forget that there are also eBelgians with connections in foreign countries and foreign MUs.

TR has multiple connection, people have connection in eUK army, critically has probably connection in his german MU but that is probably it. eNL people have great contacts in eUS and their MU's and probably a lot of countries and MU's there. Garmr was MoD in eUS for 2 months or something. I do think you underestimate the Dutch connections especially compared to eBelgium connections.
You're forgetting my connections in eMacedonia, Oleksandr's in eUkraine, (probably) Johny English A in eRomania...
El1teBE
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-03-07, 20:43

Karakoran wrote:No one is going to support an unlawful invasion of eBelgium. Especially when the goal is nothing more than to unlawfully invade eBelgium. Your wrong about the eUS giving much support. While TEDEN might send an MU or two for a few battles, there wont be prolonged aid.

History prove this totally wrong^^.

And about being neutral, Dutch has always been involved in different ally as much as possible (Peace/Phoenix...). They have a different optic of the international stage than Belgium.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-07, 20:49

Jofroi wrote:History prove this totally wrong^^.

And about being neutral, Dutch has always been involved in different ally as much as possible (Peace/Phoenix...). They have a different optic of the international stage than Belgium.

Completly offtopic but I love you avatar Jofroi Razz
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by jamster737 2012-03-07, 20:51

Jofroi wrote:History prove this totally wrong^^.

Completly offtopic but I love you avatar Jofroi Razz
+1
jamster737
jamster737

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Neumann 2012-03-07, 22:08

@ Karakoran and Nohjis

All I can say is your views are rather simple and overly optimistic of your own capabilities.

First at Karakoran, I do not think you fully grasp the basic of foreign policy. What has neutrality bring you? Distrust from all sides. eBe is still weak. It is better that you choose your side and it will boost more activity within the community. One of the main reason why eBE have a lot of infighting and an over-developed governmenting system like the SC etc is you guys have too much time on your hands and you guys focus your attention in your bubble.

As to your French speech. Do not kid yourself, if they really really want to crush eBE like they did with eUK, they would of done it. There was no will to crush eBE so do not be complacent.

@Nohjis

History disagree with you as the Dutch was always on a side. They were active in PEACE and Phoenix etc.

As to the eUK thing, eUK jumps around alliance all the time. From ATLANTIS to PEACE to now ONE. Unlike the Dutch, Germans, Irish, Canada and so on, UK jump mainly to the winning side. Citing eUK is an poor example if eBE commits to one Alliance be it TEDEN or ONE, no one will treat you like that of the Brits.

@el1temkd
Alliance and "connections" are not the same and politically in terms of "connections" eNL is way better off.

@Fhaemita:
FSK will not help Belgium. I was the person that got Critically in the FSK in the first place.

@Concerned eBEers

Why? Why even care? The last thing they want is eUNL again and they know this is not a pure and real conquest. This is really to blow off steam etc. You act as if the end is coming while there is no real political will to have an real empire. "As the eGermans would put it, my ePenis is bigger than yours..."

Konrad Neumann
Konrad Neumann
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2012-03-07, 22:26

The eDutch may come. Let's all have some fun and try to do the best we can Wink
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by El1teBE 2012-03-07, 22:41

Olv007 wrote:The eDutch may come. Let's all have some fun and try to do the best we can Wink
Indeed^^

And don't take this war too personal - they are just willing to have some fun! Why don't we have some fun too?

I spoke to their CP, Auggy on IRC today - and we made an agreement:

The Dutch are coming? - Page 2 F9f308b1eb0242b99333353

So, let's make some fun! We can beat their asses!!!

GO eBELGIUM!!! UNITED AGAINST eNL!!!!!
El1teBE
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Venoms III 2012-03-07, 22:46

o7
Like a boss
Venoms III
Venoms III
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nohjis 2012-03-08, 00:28

@Konrad:
I disagree with you that eBe chosing a side will bring less focus on the infighting. To have less focus on infighting you need to have a true enemy. You need frequent wars with a real goal for the country for that focus to change. A prime example was an article by Addy Lawrence a couple of months ago about Canada needing a Natural Enemy to avoid infighting. Due to the weak and bipolar position of eBe it's not an option to have real full scale wars. Indeed, the French would have crushed us if the entire command really wanted to (december eBe attack) and had acted as a united block (november attack of eFr).

In the end, it goes back to the fact that eBe has nothing to offer to someone invading us, all the resources and more are readily available in their own regions except for eNL who really have a sufficient number of citizens that prefer not to occupy eBe due to exactly the love and hugs reasons. I think the fact you're detaching the psychological influences in all their facets (yes even the love and hugs Razz) from the influence of pure power is an overly simplistic view of Foreign policy. Even war is more then just clicking the fight button, it's rallying countries and players to your side and rallying new players in order to be able to shift the powerbalance. In the end, there's more then one view that provides results. I'm not as convinced as you that my vision is the only possible true vision.

Despite the political distrust from both sides, none of the political leaders manage to really convince their populations that occupying a Belgian region is a good idea. While we might not be trusted, we're certainly not an enemy either.

All this might change ofcourse as the effects of generated income due to the new market changes are going to make a big change in the possibilities of small countries and possibly attract players who go shopping for supplies with less focus on their personal economic revenue. Wink

Spoiler:
Nohjis
Nohjis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2012-03-08, 01:10

konrad, you realist diplomat Wink

I do tend to think that our hug and love will help in deterring some people from interfering with this conflict. A lot of dutch people will prolly refuse to fight against our RW's due to our stance and many MU's in foreign countries will perhaps consider other things more important then the greedy dutch being even more greedy (because, rlly, keeping us occupied boosts their food and weapon industry both by 20%, which is interesting). Tbhis all due to perception. It has not deterred the dutch from invading us, but it will stop certain inviduals.

Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Karakoran 2012-03-08, 02:13

Konrad Neumann wrote:All I can say is your views are rather simple and overly optimistic of your own capabilities.
We're not optimistic at all. We're pretty much expecting to be wiped.
First at Karakoran, I do not think you fully grasp the basic of foreign policy. What has neutrality bring you? Distrust from all sides.
It has brought us survival. The tides of TEDEN and ONE are constantly pushing back and forth. One day ONE will overwhelm Western Europe. I sure as Hell don't want to be tied to the sinking ship that will be TEDEN when that happens. Vice-versa, if we had joined ONE when France attacked us we'd currently be occupied by some foreign power.
eBe is still weak.
eBelgium will always have a weak military no matter how many proxy wars we fight in foreign nations.
It is better that you choose your side and it will boost more activity within the community.
Sure for a time. But our community is already active, we don't need to sink huge amounts of time and money into fighting wars to have a slightly more active community.
One of the main reason why eBE have a lot of infighting and an over-developed governmenting system like the SC etc is you guys have too much time on your hands and you guys focus your attention in your bubble.
eBelgium doesn't have infighting. Sure Shadow comes on and tells NLSP to go f*** himself and then they fight for a few posts, but it's not a serious problems.

What is wrong with our government? It is just, effective, and charitable to its people. Our bubble is great.
As to your French speech. Do not kid yourself, if they really really want to crush eBE like they did with eUK, they would of done it. There was no will to crush eBE so do not be complacent.
As oppose to the very ready nation of eNL where they could hardly even get the NE passed?
Karakoran
Karakoran
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Konrad Neumann 2012-03-08, 04:32

Sammy Tanghe wrote:konrad, you realist diplomat Wink

In the game I tend to be realist but I am quite liberal in real life due to interdependency of global fiances. The pen is mightier than the sword? Well not exactly, the credit card is mightier than sword.

@ Karakoran

eBE political structure is oligarchic in nature. While all eCountries are oligarchic in nature, but the eBE is less democratic and more oligarchic than most. I say this because of my past experience here but also the structure of the SC. Congress election is questionable in terms of democracy due to tactical voting. Regardless of this the SC is elected solely by congress. They choose 3 people to be justices. The dominant party will elected SC base on party interest. This unlike many other countries allows the most powerful parties another parliamentary weapon to protect their interest and power while making the opposition another hedge to overcome. While it is called the the Juridical Branch, the practice and the potential abuse is solely a parliamentary function and not juridical. Therefore, passing things in congress is the first step and if something that the dominate party do not like, they will used the SC to kill that bill. The opposition is rendered toothless.

Example of this is MG's senate and congress chairman bill. The establishment did not like the bill and they used the SC to kill the bill on a technicality that there was no 24 hour debate. There was 23 hours and 58 debate but that missing 2 mins was the excuse to kill the bills. The example here also is a mockery of the constitution as meaning and spirit of the law is meaningless. Everything is to the letter to be followed blindly which is a travesty of justice. Part of the difference and anger between the Wardist and the Shadowist is the application of justice. The Wardist like NLSP tends to be an absolutist while Shadowist like myself are relativist. While I am not saying absolutist are bad (me showing my relativist nature) but this division of justice in which both sides thinks that the other side is immoral or unjust problematic. The problem can be trace to the political structure of eBE and how it is being abused.

Konrad Neumann
Konrad Neumann
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2012-03-08, 04:40

Konrad Neumann wrote:
Sammy Tanghe wrote:konrad, you realist diplomat Wink

In the game I tend to be realist but I am quite liberal in real life due to interdependency of global fiances. The pen is mightier than the sword? Well not exactly, the credit card is mightier than sword.

@ Karakoran

eBE political structure is oligarchic in nature. While all eCountries are oligarchic in nature, but the eBE is less democratic and more oligarchic than most. I say this because of my past experience here but also the structure of the SC. Congress election is questionable in terms of democracy due to tactical voting. Regardless of this the SC is elected solely by congress. They choose 3 people to be justices. The dominant party will elected SC base on party interest. This unlike many other countries allows the most powerful parties another parliamentary weapon to protect their interest and power while making the opposition another hedge to overcome. While it is called the the Juridical Branch, the practice and the potential abuse is solely a parliamentary function and not juridical. Therefore, passing things in congress is the first step and if something that the dominate party do not like, they will used the SC to kill that bill. The opposition is rendered toothless.

Example of this is MG's senate and congress chairman bill. The establishment did not like the bill and they used the SC to kill the bill on a technicality that there was no 24 hour debate. There was 23 hours and 58 debate but that missing 2 mins was the excuse to kill the bills. The example here also is a mockery of the constitution as meaning and spirit of the law is meaningless. Everything is to the letter to be followed blindly which is a travesty of justice. Part of the difference and anger between the Wardist and the Shadowist is the application of justice. The Wardist like NLSP tends to be an absolutist while Shadowist like myself are relativist. While I am not saying absolutist are bad (me showing my relativist nature) but this division of justice in which both sides thinks that the other side is immoral or unjust problematic. The problem can be trace to the political structure of eBE and how it is being abused.

I agree to most of your points. This community is indeed tendentious to be oligarchic and Congress also disrupts the balance of power since it has too much power.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-08, 07:03

Manong Rizal wrote:I agree to most of your points. This community is indeed tendentious to be oligarchic and Congress also disrupts the balance of power since it has too much power.

True
In eUSA congress mostly just rubber stamps whatever the president says.
I like their system better Razz
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-03-08, 07:14

Congress actually could be considered to be more representative of the interests of the voters, since we have a broader spectrum of experience and opinion than any single CP can. As far as being too powerful, Congress can't take any more power than game rules and the constitution allow. Rubber stamping what the CP says implies a dictatorship, not a democracy or a government that is in any way representative of the general population.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-08, 15:55

It's war time why are there no suplies like food and weapons for those who are fighting?

Why are idiots of the res belgica party sending me messages, telling meto sell my weapons for more cash?

Im giving away food and weapons of my own... i can't keep doing this.

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2012-03-08, 16:09

oh, and:

DON'T SPEND ANY BAZOOKA'S OR ENERGY BARS ON THE "NORMAL" FIGHTS.

In my opinion, we will have no chance against their 14 MPPs. Rather save the big damage for the RWs, where we meet them face-to-face!
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by El1teBE 2012-03-08, 16:12

wim vercauteren wrote:
Why are idiots of the res belgica party sending me messages, telling meto sell my weapons for more cash?
No insults, please!!!
El1teBE
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-08, 16:33

el1temkd wrote:
wim vercauteren wrote:
It's war time why are there no suplies like food and weapons for those who are fighting?

No insults, please!!!

Don't cut my posts.

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by El1teBE 2012-03-08, 16:52

wim vercauteren wrote:
el1temkd wrote:
wim vercauteren wrote:

No insults, please!!!

Don't cut my posts.
The word "idiot" is insult in almost every context, including this one^^
El1teBE
El1teBE
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-08, 16:59

Seems that is the only thing wim vercauteren is capable of, insulting, provoking and trolling
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Procuste 2012-03-08, 17:02

Wim please ! Neutral

Procuste
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Van Neste 2012-03-08, 21:59

MaryamQ wrote:Congress actually could be considered to be more representative of the interests of the voters, since we have a broader spectrum of experience and opinion than any single CP can. As far as being too powerful, Congress can't take any more power than game rules and the constitution allow. Rubber stamping what the CP says implies a dictatorship, not a democracy or a government that is in any way representative of the general population.

God i love to read your well funded comments everytime.
+ bounce bounce bounce
Lisa Van Neste
Lisa Van Neste
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/5654404

Back to top Go down

Post by Karakoran 2012-03-08, 23:10

We have to get the news out that we're saving for RWs before people waste their zookas and energy bars on regular fighting.
Karakoran
Karakoran
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2012-03-09, 01:32

MaryamQ wrote:Congress actually could be considered to be more representative of the interests of the voters, since we have a broader spectrum of experience and opinion than any single CP can. As far as being too powerful, Congress can't take any more power than game rules and the constitution allow. Rubber stamping what the CP says implies a dictatorship, not a democracy or a government that is in any way representative of the general population.

I have to disagree. The position of the CP encompasses all of his ministries and departments that also contribute to the spectrum of experience. Also, not all Congress members possess the quality of a statesperson. However, a president who is held on a higher pedestal is generally the best qualified statesperson. As far as power, the current Constitution allows Congress to bleed into the other branches of government. We base this community on a tripartite government yet we do not have 3 equal or at least near-equal branches. The Congress, generally run by a few people, rubber stamping their own decisions is not a democracy either, it is an oligarchy. You may say that Congress has been rightfully elected, but so is the President and as I have said, the spectrum of experience is right about the same. The Congress or the Presidency should not get more power than the other. That is the basis of democracy and equality. Unless there is no real balance, there is no democracy.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2012-03-09, 04:35

I'm sorry, Manong, but you seem to be contradicting yourself here. The CP uses his ministries and departments to help him, but they have no real standing in-game and often the bulk of the work is done by one or two people...not always, but you should be aware that we have had occasions when there were only 3-4 people in a cabinet, I think in Theneka's not even always as many as 3, and in those small cabinets, they are often all from a small group of like-minded people. This is not representative.

And do all cabinet members, or even all CP's possess the qualities of a statesperson? What are those qualities, if I might ask? Do you see them in everyone who has ever been a CP in eRepublik?

As for Congress being run by a few, perhaps yes that does happen, but it is the few who step up and say something. It is still more people than one CP and whoever his close advisors might be. And if you think there is a lot of rubber-stamping going on, you clearly have not read many of our debates lately.

We don't, it is true, have 3 coequal branches of government. Again, that is partly because of the structure of the game. Whatever we do on the forum is role-playing and is not binding on anyone in-game. Although many of us do enjoy that role-playing, the powers can never be completely separate or complete equal in a community of this size and nature.

Also, Wim, could you please clarify what you mean about members of Res Belgica telling you what to do with your weapons? Who and how and under what circumstances would be helpful.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2012-03-09, 05:31

MaryamQ wrote:I'm sorry, Manong, but you seem to be contradicting yourself here. The CP uses his ministries and departments to help him, but they have no real standing in-game and often the bulk of the work is done by one or two people...not always, but you should be aware that we have had occasions when there were only 3-4 people in a cabinet, I think in Theneka's not even always as many as 3, and in those small cabinets, they are often all from a small group of like-minded people. This is not representative.

And do all cabinet members, or even all CP's possess the qualities of a statesperson? What are those qualities, if I might ask? Do you see them in everyone who has ever been a CP in eRepublik?

As for Congress being run by a few, perhaps yes that does happen, but it is the few who step up and say something. It is still more people than one CP and whoever his close advisors might be. And if you think there is a lot of rubber-stamping going on, you clearly have not read many of our debates lately.

We don't, it is true, have 3 coequal branches of government. Again, that is partly because of the structure of the game. Whatever we do on the forum is role-playing and is not binding on anyone in-game. Although many of us do enjoy that role-playing, the powers can never be completely separate or complete equal in a community of this size and nature.

Also, Wim, could you please clarify what you mean about members of Res Belgica telling you what to do with your weapons? Who and how and under what circumstances would be helpful.

1. Social programs, the National Bank, and the Army are run by these ministries, are they not? Yes, maybe the work is done by only a few people, but it is the same for Congress. There may be debates but proposals are only presented by a few and the rest usually just follow suit.

I also think that you are not getting the point here. It's not about representation; in fact, I daresay that it is very hard to even claim representation in this game especially in this community since that, as Konrad noted, elections are strategic. And as I have said, not all of the Congress Members are the best-boned statespersons. The point, however, that I was trying to convey is the equality or at least the balance of the branches and not the issue of who has the bigger horse, who has more experience, which one has more brains working, or who is more representative. The balance is the backbone of democracy and once you ignore that balance, then you ignore representation.

2. You may not have noticed (forgive me for implying), but I was generalizing that a president is usually held in a higher pedestal because being the president denotes being the leader and the coordinator of the country. Therefore, the average Joe (as we are not all sophisticated and brilliantly experienced) would find the need of discerning the capabilities and qualities of a presidential candidate more than a Congress candidate because the Presidential elections are not necessarily as strategic as the Congressional ones. To answer your question, the qualities of a statesperson may include but are not limited to the following: effectiveness, good record, and good platform (once again, a generalization). Sometimes, just the illusion of such qualities suffices. And no, I do not see these qualities in every candidate; but as I have stated, my generalization and the perspective of the average joe may have been overlooked.

3. It goes without saying that clearly I have not read many of your debates lately. But once again, just because you believe that there are more diverse minds in Congress does not mean that we should ignore the fact that there should be balance in political branches. For example: Congress elects the SCs, interferes with the forum administration, the President has no vetoing powers, you attribute Congress as the most representative of all branches, Congress has the ability to pass laws that interfere with other branches, Congress has the ability to fire a cabinet member, Congress has the ability to "overturn laws" (whatever that means), and Congress has the ability to impeach an elected officer without trial. Not much power? Hmm. I say otherwise.

4. The powers can be balanced, not necessarily equaled. Although game mechanics do not allow a tripartite system, you have the Executive and the Legislative. I concur that it is quite difficult for a game of this nature, but I think it is possible to balance their powers. As long as there are strong foundations and strong procedural systems, there will be balance. Lastly: even if role-playing is not part of game mechanics, it is part of the nature of the game and therefore it is equally important as anything that is in the limited political module. Sure, ministries may not be part of the modules in-game, but who builds foreign relationships? Who can prevent or incite conflicts? Who can plan a federal budget? Who can establish and implement social programs? Who can organize military efforts? Are they not done by these ministries? So please, let us not undermine the executive branch. We should all recognize that these branches are equal, not necessarily in practical application but philosophically. We can also at least try to balance these branches for the practical application too.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2012-03-09, 13:43

I understand what Wim is saying that the help for fighting is none from the state or the info. So that should be better also the choise of Wim´s words.

Our one CP is the example what is going on he selling a lot of waepons what could help us in the war. I also think we have to wait to give waepons till the rw start but then communicate that to the people.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Van Neste 2012-03-09, 14:13

Seems that is the only thing wim vercauteren is capable of, insulting, provoking and trolling

^^
Lisa Van Neste
Lisa Van Neste
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/5654404

Back to top Go down

Post by bri2048 2012-03-09, 15:21

Cotarius wrote:I understand what Wim is saying that the help for fighting is none from the state or the info. So that should be better also the choise of Wim´s words.

Our one CP is the example what is going on he selling a lot of waepons what could help us in the war. I also think we have to wait to give waepons till the rw start but then communicate that to the people.

Don't you have a bunch of Q6 tanks up for sale? Shouldn't you be holding on to yours as well?
bri2048
bri2048
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2012-03-09, 15:24

If noone is selling their Q6. How will normal citizens like us be able to buy them? Please keep selling them as well.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2012-03-09, 15:25

bri2048 wrote:
Cotarius wrote:I understand what Wim is saying that the help for fighting is none from the state or the info. So that should be better also the choise of Wim´s words.

Don't you have a bunch of Q6 tanks up for sale? Shouldn't you be holding on to yours as well?

I bought these apart from what I produce so I good give 40 to the MoD I also have to sell because i have to pay off my loan. This will be hard since I give away 40 to the MoD.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-09, 15:27

bri2048 wrote:

i have 700 Q6 tanks in stock... im not selling!

The CP is making profit of this war ... this is more then sick. Cotarius was wright on that point!

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-09, 15:28

Some people have long toes... Smile

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by bri2048 2012-03-09, 15:38

wim vercauteren wrote:
bri2048 wrote:

The CP is making profit of this war ... this is more then sick. Cotarius was wright on that point!

But, Cotarius is also profiting from the war, even though he is using the funds earned to pay back a loan. That is MY point. We have a saying here in the States: 'Pot calling the kettle black". Basically, don't say it is wrong for somebody to do something when you are doing the same thing.
bri2048
bri2048
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-09, 15:51

bri2048 wrote:
wim vercauteren wrote:
bri2048 wrote:

But, Cotarius is also profiting from the war, even though he is using the funds earned to pay back a loan. That is MY point. We have a saying here in the States: 'Pot calling the kettle black". Basically, don't say it is wrong for somebody to do something when you are doing the same thing.

You are surching for wrongs to try make this wrong wright... but wrongs don't make wrongs wright! You can't justifie this crappy mess!!! During the war i see big gov guys making a new law to fill their allready overloaded pockts with more Ecash... they wan't to train for free!!?? Lol only ùµ$ù^^:= aprove this!

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-09, 16:00

http://www.erepublik.com/en/military/battlefield/22915

We are making progress!!! This is because a new war with the dutch allies .... fight them!!!

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotarius 2012-03-09, 16:24

That's right Bri2048 and i like you say so because then I can also explain. It's right I do but I bought some gold to become stronger for the battle kept some to train and a little i changed to buy the tanks so i good help the community to give some away the rest I try to sell so I get a little back for what I have given away.

The rest I made I didn't put on the market so I can fight with it when the rw starts.
Why did I say this because I think we need more people to react like you we are not very sceptic about things and when there is a proposal many of us, not all, say yes because it is a proposal.
In my vision the CP has a role model so he should give a example but like me he also can have a good reason and let tell us that, no problem.
Cotarius
Cotarius
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by wim vercauteren 2012-03-09, 19:35

The constant ass kissing on this forum sickens me... cut the crap plzzz.

2 the . plzzzz

Phuuuuck....

Yes problem!

wim vercauteren
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2012-03-09, 19:46

wim vercauteren wrote:The constant ass kissing on this forum sickens me... cut the crap plzzz.

The Dutch are coming? - Page 2 Just-like-jeff-ford-it-doesnt-matter-the-job-as-long-as-i-kiss-ass-at-it
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Procuste 2012-03-09, 20:00

wim vercauteren wrote:The constant ass kissing on this forum sickens me... cut the crap plzzz.

2 the . plzzzz

Phuuuuck....

Yes problem!

Wim, fyi you're either turning people against you or making them ignore you by being so rude.

Being clear and having energy and a huge need for change doesn't mean being in everybody's face all the time. cat

Procuste
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2012-03-09, 21:52

2 the . plzzzz

Phuuuuck....

Yes problem!

Stop the kissing all in all.
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2012-03-09, 22:20

Yeah, since the civil war ended the athmosphere has strongly been deteriorated :p
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olv007 2012-03-09, 22:24

Jofroi wrote:

Yeah, since the civil war ended the athmosphere has strongly been deteriorated :p

+1
Olv007
Olv007
Forum Neenja
Forum Neenja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next