eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate on communes

5 posters

Go down

Debate on communes Empty Debate on communes

Post by Theneka 2011-01-04, 19:17

Let's continue the debate here, shall we. I find it very interesting.
Theneka
Theneka
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Debate on communes Empty Re: Debate on communes

Post by Medrolke 2011-01-04, 19:30

Huh? Which debate?

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biblost 2011-01-04, 19:49

I'm not such a big fan of state-funded communes in eBelgium. They are usefull in a country where there are too many workers, not in a country where there are too few.

Medrolke wrote:Huh? Which debate?

The debate question: Do you believe communes are a good thing in Belgium?

Last edited by Biblost on 2011-01-04, 19:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical mistake! :O)

Biblost
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3777861

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-04, 19:52

Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-04, 20:28

If the object of capitalist enterprise is the generation of profit, then what is the object of a commune? At a basic level, all communes have as their object an end to the exploitation inherent to capitalist production and an incorporation of the principles of democracy into the workplace. But there are different styles of communes that have been tried and the differences all hinge on a secondary objective. For some communes that objective may be cornering markets in order to drive capitalists out and bring more workers into communal production. Some communes may be purposed for creating the munitions needed to supply a military unit. The principle of the eBelgian model commune is self-sufficiency.

Self-sufficiency in the context of communes comes down to three things:

-The commune should only rely on the free market as an outlet for surplus goods; the commune should never rely on the market for raw materials or manufactured goods.

-Commune workers should be able to live and even thrive on the produce of the commune. Commune workers should (eventually) be able to get everything they need from the commune and not have to purchase items from the market.

-The commune should be able to expand as necessary without donations from its workers or any other external source.

One reason that communes are so effective is that they minimize the amount of taxes that workers and companies pay to the government. One of the ways they do that is by paying the national minimum wage to their workers every day instead of the going market wage. The lower the wages, the lower the income tax being paid. In addition to the minimum wage that every worker receives, they will also get a share of the products that the commune produces. Since each product is different, there may be different methods for how they are given out.

Food: We only have a food commune (and a grain commune) Since food is required every day for wellness, the commune gives every worker one food per day. Extra Rations vary due to war and stock building.

An important aspect of communes that makes them fundamentally different from capitalist enterprises is democratic worker control over the conditions of work and compensation. Ultimately, it should be up to the workers to set their wages and determine how products are distributed. The only real rule for wages is that they be the same for everyone, including the director.

For this, we use our party forum. Though this not necessaraly means that non-BCP members are not allowed in. We encourage evryone to give it a try and see if they like it or not.
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Boklevski 2011-01-04, 21:19

Biblost wrote:I'm not such a big fan of state-funded communes in eBelgium. They are usefull in a country where there are too many workers, not in a country where there are too few.
It's most definitely not state funded, but privately funded and operated by a group of eBelgium citizens. Basically it's a company with employees who don't work for wages, but for products. If they would not do that, they'd offer higher wages and still have the same amount of job offers open, so their impact on the job market isn't bigger than that of any other company.

Theneka wrote:
One reason that communes are so effective is that they minimize the amount of taxes that workers and companies pay to the government.
I am proud to announce that I work for BeNeLux Iron at a market conform wage and that both I and business owner Glenn Wauters truthfully pay our taxes (respectively income tax and VAT) to the state of eBelgium, and thus work for the benefit and the best of our country and for all its citizens.

Now where exactly did your little commune help out all citizens, instead of just the communists working there?

[DISCLAIMER: I have nothing for or against the communes. I merely like to take an opposite stance in discussions ^.^ ]
Boklevski
Boklevski

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1709452

Back to top Go down

Post by Medrolke 2011-01-04, 21:22

The only communes I've been in got me several gold of supplies a day and were a requirement of the US military. I honnestly don't like working in communes. I prefer to make my own wage and have the freedom to buy whatever I want (I do work in my own company but that's another matter).

I don't mind communes in principe though. I think that if people want to do that, they should be allowed, but you have to realize that in dSokre's last "Welthiest Economies of the eWord" survey, we were recorded as having a total tax profit of only 18 BEF a day. In such a small country, I think you should really think twice before trying to take away from that.

Medrolke
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Medrolke

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-04, 21:24

We don't need the state, the state needs us.
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-04, 21:39

Medrolke wrote:
I don't mind communes in principe though. I think that if people want to do that, they should be allowed, but you have to realize that in dSokre's last "Welthiest Economies of the eWord" survey, we were recorded as having a total tax profit of only 18 BEF a day. In such a small country, I think you should really think twice before trying to take away from that.

Where can I find this?
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Biblost 2011-01-04, 22:48

Theneka wrote:We don't need the state, the state needs us.

Lol I thought you were state-funded. In that case, nevermind, me loves communes ;-)

Biblost
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3777861

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down