eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open letter to the New Government

3 posters

Go down

Open letter to the New Government Empty Open letter to the New Government

Post by Misanthropist 2011-01-06, 17:24

You can read the article (please vote it up), or bellow:

Open letter to the new government

Open letter to the New Government ButtonEdgeOpen letter to the New Government Part1scriboOpen letter to the New Government Part2scribo

A new government means a new start.

In general, uniformity of design lacks on all different levels of the government. I’m not talking about the content, but only about the visual aspect. In order to appear as a united, well structured nation, the visual aspect has a big influence.
Open letter to the New Government Uniformity
A strong appearance

First I’ll look to the newspapers. I notice MoD en MoFi have the same banner. The MoFa and Education and Culture share the same newspaper, Belgium.info, with a quite ugly banner. Other problem: There is a huge error in the spelling of the MoD banner. It says “Defentie” instead of “Defensie”. I think it’s unacceptable for official logos that contain such mistakes. As I mentioned in my previous article, I can only repair the spelling error if I have the original file of the banner with all its layers. But the man who made it left eRepublik. Question: Will other ministers get also their own newspapers?

Solution: All newspapers need same kind of banner. I’m willing to make new designs. Look at [url= http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/new-mod-banner-proposal-1625342/1/20]my previous article[/url] to see a prototype.

Secondly I’ll look to the officials. Suggestions circulate to have an identification mark on the avatar if you’re an official (congress, minister, country president). It doesn’t need to be something real fancy. Just a symbol in the corner of the avatar will do. In that way everyone can still use his/her own avatar. Again I’m willing to make some designs which we all can choose from.

Third category is the army. Same story as the officials. Notice, I suggest no different symbol for every rank. Why? It will become too bureaucratic to change it every time. It wouldn’t be efficient. Just a simple symbol will do.

If my ideas are generally accepted, I’ll start to design for each of the categories. I hope there will be more reaction on this article than on my previous (only 8 different people reacted). It’s all for the best of our country.

Open letter to the New Government Uniformity_display

For those about to debate, I welcome!
Yours truly, Misanthropist

Member of
Open letter to the New Government Pge

Misanthropist
Misanthropist
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/4057016

Back to top Go down

Open letter to the New Government Empty Re: Open letter to the New Government

Post by ThomasRED 2011-01-06, 17:29

I'm not in the new government, but i will react if you allow me...

New governmental, congressional, and presidential lay-out have been designed not latter than last month by M.Leviathin, which was the Minister of WebArt.

I find his work a-ma-zing!, and i'm not for changing the officials lay-out each month. It require a certain longetivity.

About the spelling error on the MoD article, i will try to help you with that. But there is no need to change everything for it.

About identification marks for officials, it can't be forced, and it's the player choice to use it or not. So if you like your idea, you can just create some "marks" and propose them on the forum. It don't have to be official...

About the military, why not creating a design contest ingame with a little price to create the new army avatar ?
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-06, 20:02

Misantopist, I know that you are trying to help but me personally, I like the current files used and the spelling mistake can be fixed by the owner of the files, of which I'm sure the government knows who that is. If you really want to help, you gotta make sure you can strive in graphic design, you understand where I'm getting?
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down