eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME!

+11
RayCaptain
MaryamQ
Michel Bergeron
NicknameFromRonny
temujin94
shadowukcs
Theneka
Sammy Tanghe
Xgentis Lempereur
Glenn Wauters
Mikhail Alexander
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME! Empty NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME!

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-13, 11:07

http://forum.erepublik.com/showthread.php/106898-New-countries-and-new-neighborhoods-in-the-New-World!

I'm helping Egypt with their forums and their IRC, I hope to contribute a bit to their society but I won't leave the country unless everyone in the country, wants to get rid of me, which I hope won't happen Crying or Very sad
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME! Empty Re: NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME!

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-13, 11:09

I want Luxemburg Sad
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME! Empty Re: NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME!

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-01-13, 11:09

Did they even have internet connection in Egypt? Why not add luxemburg so we can finaly invad something.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-13, 11:14

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Did they even have internet connection in Egypt? Why not add luxemburg so we can finaly invad something.
+1

And adding Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia = Rich oil barons
Rich Oil Barons = Want to have everything
Want to have everything = Also want their country to be the best and strongest online
Strongest online = Loads of MasterCard Tanks
Loads of MasterCard Tanks = The e-world is screwed (again)

Lol
Meh, like oil barons care about this game Smile
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2011-01-13, 13:43

source: erep forums from admin

NEW COUNTRIES TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME! Logo-erepublik-forum

Dear citizens of the New World,

Only three months passed since we introduced six new countries in eRepublik and the traffic generated by some other countries “outside” the New World is “yelling” for some more. As a result, we have analyzed the traffic data and we have discovered that three more countries have already a nice number of citizens in eRepublik.
That's why we have decided that it’s time to cover three more current gray areas, for the following countries: Saudi Arabia, Egypt and United Arab Emirates!

If you are, in real life, a citizen of one of these countries, we kindly ask you to send us a message using the Contact Page, submit a ticket to the Game Support Department and choose “New country” as subject. We would like to establish a few technical details together.

One last detail, these new countries will join the New World in about 7 days. Thus you can prepare already if you wish to create baby booms in your future new e-country.

We have also taken a look to the eRepublik Map and along with these new countries, as part of our Geography Project, we wish to implement some neighborhoods update.

First of all, these three new countries will have as neighbors Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel and Iran.
As for the current countries, here are the new neighbors that they will get:
Hamgyong (North Korea) – Tohoku (Japan)
Chimor (Peru) – Queensland (Australia)
Mid Andes (Peru) – Auckland (New Zealand)
Hokkaido (Japan) – Alaska (USA)
Visayas (Philippines) – Hawaii (USA)
Hawaii (USA) – Papua (Indonesia)
Visayas (Philippines) – Pacifica (Colombia)
Charrua (Uruguay) - Western Cape (South Africa)
Montenegrin Coast (Montenegro) – Apulia (Italy)
Apulia (Italy) – South Dalmatia (Croatia)
Kurzeme (Latvia) – Gotland (Sweden)
Black Sea Coast of Turkey (Turkey) – Dobrogea (Romania)
Lithuania Minor (Lithuania) – Scania (Sweden)
Scania (Sweden) - Pomerania (Poland)
Vestlandet (Norway) – Northern Netherlands (Netherlands)
North Caucasus (Russia) – Black Sea Coast of Turkey (Turkey)
Black Sea Coast of Turkey (Turkey) - Taurida (Ukraine)
North Caucasus (Russia) – Burgas (Bulgaria)
Volga (Russia) - Mazandaran and Golistan (Iran)
Varna (Bulgaria) – Taurida (Ukraine)
Newfoundland and Labdrador (Canada) – Azores (Portugal)

Let’s all welcome these three new nations to eRepublik and wish them a pleasant experience together with the current ones!

Kind regards everyone,
Your eRepublik Team

my conclusions:
- the 3 new countries are doomed. Greece, turkey and iran will be among the first to establish colonies there. There are no strong arab or egyptian subgroups present in eRep, so basicly these states are meaned for grabbing. Perhaps that Egypt will survive as a new kind of eNZ, seeing how easily egypt speaks to someone's imagination.
- the new country links mostly connect the pacific, adriatic, baltic and black sea.
- On the pacific, we'll have Peru connected to oceania, which is mostly a meh thing. more central Phillippines will be connected to columbia, which is also a meh thingie. The connection of hawai to Papua, Indonesia? BOOM! With USA and indo sharing a common border, it will create something I'd call ... interesting. the connection of tohoku to alaska is also meh.
- in the adriatic, italy gets connected to croatia and montenegro. Both italy and croatia are currently EDEN nations, this might be interesting in the future, as croatia can now espace his cage in the balkan (croatia is surrounded by slovenia, hungaria and serbia)
- in the baltic sea, sweden, which was previously well protected by it's small amount of neighbours and connections, now gets more unlocked by bordering directly poland, latvia and lithuania. This allows sweden more options for actions nperhaps in the baltic countries, but also leaves it vulnerable for invasion
- the black sea opening is huge. Turkey can now strike directly into romania or ukraine, russia can strike directly at bulgaria and swapping operations between turkey and russia are now possible. this is something intriguing
- some other openings that give quite some options are the connection between russia and iran now, although the effectiveness of this one will be limited as iran will have far more new playing grounds soon with the 3 new countries. another intriguing one is newfoundland-azores: this makes canada capable of fighting somewhere totally else then france or UK, as the azores is one of the most strategic places in all of eRep (connected to both europe, southern america and USA). The link between japan and N korea now also allows japanese intervention into N korea, which could help the not so weak japanese nation, while the link of the netherlands to norway is also a meh link.
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-13, 13:56

Great analysis sammy Smile
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-01-13, 14:07

I don't know for Egypt but the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia have forbiden the access to erepublik to their citizens for some reason.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-13, 14:17

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:I don't know for Egypt but the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia have forbiden the access to erepublik to their citizens for some reason.
What, lol?
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-13, 14:40

Glenn Wauters wrote:
Xgentis Lempereur wrote:I don't know for Egypt but the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia have forbiden the access to erepublik to their citizens for some reason.
What, lol?

If that was true, do you think the admins would add the countries, they said traffic from these countries was high.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-13, 14:49

Admins say a lot :p could be though. To much politics is not good in a non democratic country. That's why it amases me that Iran is even on the map xD
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-01-13, 14:53

Inb4wacky muslims (no offence maryam), siding up together to take down Israel.

Also in b4 me trolling them all in OT.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-13, 15:03

shadowukcs wrote:Inb4wacky muslims (no offence maryam), siding up together to take down Israel.

Also in b4 me trolling them all in OT.

They only add these countries because they have oil and oil means money, which means more gold bought, which means economic downfall.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2011-01-13, 15:57

I doubt though that many people will join the emirates. Most people who go to eRep from their are most likely western people working in abu dhabi.
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-01-13, 16:40

Rowan Quigley wrote:
Glenn Wauters wrote:
What, lol?

If that was true, do you think the admins would add the countries, they said traffic from these countries was high.

North Korea has also put a ban on the erepublik site and the country is there.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-01-13, 17:04

Xgentis Lempereur wrote:
Rowan Quigley wrote:
Glenn Wauters wrote:
What, lol?

North Korea has also put a ban on the erepublik site and the country is there.

NK has a ban on nearly everything. They don't have internet in NK and the few who do have it are all high ranking party officials.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2011-01-13, 17:42

NK was just added to have some flavour and strategic connections, just like many of the south american and southeast asian countries
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-01-13, 18:11

Glenn Wauters wrote:
Xgentis Lempereur wrote:Did they even have internet connection in Egypt? Why not add luxemburg so we can finaly invad something.
+1

And adding Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia = Rich oil barons
Rich Oil Barons = Want to have everything
Want to have everything = Also want their country to be the best and strongest online
Strongest online = Loads of MasterCard Tanks
Loads of MasterCard Tanks = The e-world is screwed (again)

Lol
Meh, like oil barons care about this game Smile

You'll find they would rather just buy a yacht and some hookers
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NicknameFromRonny 2011-01-13, 19:29

temujin94 wrote:You'll find they would rather just buy a yacht and some hookers

Choosing between hookers and eRep.
This game sure puts some difficult dilemmas on the map.
NicknameFromRonny
NicknameFromRonny
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-13, 19:50

NicknameFromRonny wrote:
temujin94 wrote:You'll find they would rather just buy a yacht and some hookers

Choosing between hookers and eRep.
This game sure puts some difficult dilemmas on the map.

Why choosing? they just take all three
The Yacht, the hookers and Erepublik
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-01-13, 20:20

>implying they would waste time on this game
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Michel Bergeron 2011-01-14, 06:28

eRepublik is probably banned in Iran either and this country still exists.

Michel Bergeron
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-01-14, 08:35

I think you would be surprised. I have seen quite a few shouts in Farsi (uses Arabic script). You will find in these new Arab countries a lot of young men with time on their hands who are more than willing to try this out, especially if they can feel powerful doing it.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-14, 09:46

MaryamQ wrote:I think you would be surprised. I have seen quite a few shouts in Farsi (uses Arabic script). You will find in these new Arab countries a lot of young men with time on their hands who are more than willing to try this out, especially if they can feel powerful doing it.

Well since there are cabinets and the President module, I think they will feel very powerful with it.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-14, 10:41

I've now decided and I've actually thought about it. That I will be moving to the UAE with a friend (which I have to contact him). I've found Belgium to be fun at the start but after all the work I've been doing, I've been trying to procrastinate and avoid doing it. Which isn't like me (Joke).

I've resigned from the Party president elections and since I've used my citizenship request and two proposals, I will be resigning when I leave. As my gold I have it useless, I'll keep donating it to the National bank and hope they can find a use for my money.

I will resign from my government position and the army in a few days so I hope Sammy and Thore can find replacements for me and since I'm leaving I'm guessing that my moderator status will be taken. My ambassador position I will also leave and hope my name in the Mentor program can also be removed.

I wish everyone who is still playing eRepublik in Belgium, the best and hope they continue to make this country great. Thank you so much for all positions and stuff you have givin' me to do while I was in Belgium.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-14, 11:17

TO bad Sad Come back soon!
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2011-01-14, 11:20

great a new MoI to find >.<
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-14, 11:21

Good luck sammy!
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-01-14, 11:58

You're moving country?... again?...
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-14, 12:17

shadowukcs wrote:You're moving country?... again?...

Yes, I've now noticed, I can do what I want even if I'm trolled because this is a game and I came here to have fun!
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theneka 2011-01-14, 13:04

If people like to move, why not let them to :p
Theneka
Theneka

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-01-14, 17:39

Well, with the number of citizens in eR, I see no reason to add more countries. Egypt and Saudi Arabia are long overdue...
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer 2011-01-17, 01:37

I would say the addition of these countries will likely lead to the situation we are face with in eNZ. Here the Serbian/Slovenian community come over, PTO's used and we are now living together in an uneasy harmony.

If there people can get their act together and cooperate, they may see off a PTO, if not then they will likely suffer the same situation as we are presently faced in eNZ.

I can only wish them the best and as for our new border with Peru, thus far we are on good ties with Chile and I don't see any issue arising out of Peru.

That is my two cents from the Kiwi land!
Oboacer
Oboacer
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-01-17, 07:18

There's a p big arab community tho.

Like I said earlier, eIsrael is sooo screwed now
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-01-17, 07:29

Well, if America can play Big Brother then Israel can still flex nuts in the face of all the new countries.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-01-17, 08:36

Let's just hope the new country can make it without being PTO'ed
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Michel Bergeron 2011-01-17, 08:41

Or lets hope the ptoers in Belgium will go to the new countries

Michel Bergeron
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manong Z 2011-01-17, 08:57

They should add the "Republic of Vanuatu". I would move there and make it my kingdom. Razz
Manong Z
Manong Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-01-17, 09:08

Manong Rizal wrote:They should add the "Republic of Vanuatu". I would move there and make it my kingdom. Razz

LOL
Vanuta with 10 regions Razz
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer 2011-01-17, 17:32

Vanuta would be graet, you would then be right by us down in eNZ!

As for hoping they won't get PTO,don't count on it. We found that out the hard way with the Serbians and Slovenians.

I hope Israel can hold out, this is a game and it would be nice to see RL issues possibly on the back burner but that is like asking the sky to stay sunny all day.
Oboacer
Oboacer
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2011-01-19, 12:54

Weren't these new Countries meant to be added today?
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-01-19, 13:10

Mike Wooldridge wrote:Weren't these new Countries meant to be added today?

Yes, I spoke to an admin, they have postponed it to next week.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2011-01-19, 14:11

Rowan Quigley wrote:
Mike Wooldridge wrote:Weren't these new Countries meant to be added today?

Yes, I spoke to an admin, they have postponed it to next week.

Oh ok then , was just wondering why there wasn't mass media coverage lol
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-19, 15:04

Saudi Arabia has way too many regions, what do they want? 10 people per region lol

Maybe add Luxemburg with 20 regions, every city is a region Twisted Evil
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer 2011-01-19, 17:02

That is alot of regions for eSaudi Arabia. They are just asking for that nation to be PTO or at least become a warzone. I'm hesitant to say that this country is going to develop properly.

Oboacer
Oboacer
Diligent Poster
Diligent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wooldridge 2011-01-19, 17:21

Glenn Wauters wrote:Saudi Arabia has way too many regions, what do they want? 10 people per region lol

Maybe add Luxemburg with 20 regions, every city is a region Twisted Evil

Shouldn't that be one region? lol
Mike Wooldridge
Mike Wooldridge
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tanghe 2011-01-19, 17:25

indeed these new countries are just doomed.

I noticed they started to appearin the game though and I could make a character they if I'd want to ... also I'd be able to move to there ... so they do exists and you can start the PTO if you want ...

btw, halve of saudi arabia and UAE are zone B4, while egypt and the other halve of saudi arabia is zone B3 (=same zone as the balkan and mediterrean in general). The B4 countries are screwed thus Very Happy
Sammy Tanghe
Sammy Tanghe

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-01-19, 18:42

Lets send our PTO-troops there Twisted Evil
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-01-19, 20:26

This is such a consistent pattern with the game admins: create new countries with the greatest possible number of RL issues and watch the chaos that ensues. Splitting Saudi Arabia into 10 regions and 2 zones does not make a lot of sense to me, but it is certainly going to aggravate chaos in the area, which is clearly just what they want. I would not discount the Arabs who will be playing there, though.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Michel Bergeron 2011-01-20, 06:36

Well Saudi Arabia is kinda big in real life so it has to have more than 2 regions, but 10 is a bit too much. :/

Michel Bergeron
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ 2011-01-20, 07:13

Oh, I agree it should have more than 2, just don't know why they think it should have so many.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next