eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

+17
Mister No Name
Aldous Zamiatin
Xgentis Lempereur
Pieter557
Elynea
shadowukcs
NLSP
ThomasRED
Chris Stanwick
Jacob van Artevelde
temujin94
Stilpo
Jofroi
Bert_en_Ernie
Glenn Wauters
Fhaemita Malodorous
M.Leviathin
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries. Empty We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-03-22, 01:24

Except for the Netherlands, ofc. What do?
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries. Empty Re: We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-03-22, 07:20

Yeah, read that Germany also joined
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries. Empty Re: We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-22, 12:52

Dont join, I dont think we would even want to be in the same alliance as France
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Bert_en_Ernie 2011-03-22, 12:57

totally agree with Glenn. I don't want to be at the same side with the French at the moment.
Bert_en_Ernie
Bert_en_Ernie
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-03-22, 15:52

I propose to join NWO Very Happy
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-22, 16:04

I propose to start up a new alliance

The Awesome Best Belgian Alliance
Or short: ABBA

!!!!
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2011-03-22, 16:27

Join EDEN.

They are friendly with Terra but independent, and it has worked out great for Ireland so far.

Just sayin'...
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-03-22, 17:17

Stilpo wrote:Join EDEN.

They are friendly with Terra but independent, and it has worked out great for Ireland so far.

Just sayin'...

Would they accept us though?
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2011-03-22, 19:11

temujin94 wrote:
Stilpo wrote:Join EDEN.

Just sayin'...

Would they accept us though?

They accepted Ireland, which is about the same size as Belgium. But then again Ireland has been building a strong relationship with them for a long time and proven that they are committed to the brotherhood. So it is definitely not a sure thing but it is something that may be worth pursuing if Belgium is looking to have more fun in this game.
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacob van Artevelde 2011-03-22, 20:17

Who says we're not having fun ? jocolor
Jacob van Artevelde
Jacob van Artevelde
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Stanwick 2011-03-22, 22:49

I agree with Stilpo about joining EDEN and have quietly been making inquiries with them for the last few weeks about the possibility.
Chris Stanwick
Chris Stanwick
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-03-22, 23:36

Stilpo wrote:But then again Ireland has been building a strong relationship with them for a long time and proven that they are committed to the brotherhood.

Indeed...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-03-22, 23:53

Neutral!
that is my say
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

http://www.egov4you.info/citizen/overview/2361081

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-03-22, 23:57

NLSP wrote:Neutral!
that is my say

What is the fun in that?

And if you say to avoid being wiped then that is not a good reason, the Dutch where wiped recently and i bet they are more active, have a better time and there country is significantly larger and stronger for these reasons.

I absolutely hate EDEN but if it meant that we could join a alliance i would go for it
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-03-22, 23:59

temujin94 wrote:
that is my say

What is the fun in that?

And if you say to avoid being wiped then that is not a good reason, the Dutch where wiped recently and i bet they are more active, have a better time and there country is significantly larger and stronger for these reasons.

I absolutely hate EDEN but if it meant that we could join a alliance i would go for it
I don't go for fun
I go for being our own boss and such things
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-03-23, 00:01

NLSP wrote:
temujin94 wrote:
that is my say

What is the fun in that?

I don't go for fun
I go for being our own boss and such things

How are we our own boss?

Now: We can decide who to Ne with for a training War

In a alliance: Can you send troops to fight in region X
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP 2011-03-23, 00:03

now: we still can send troops to fight in region x
NLSP
NLSP
Threadophile
Threadophile

Back to top Go down

Post by temujin94 2011-03-23, 00:05

NLSP wrote:now: we still can send troops to fight in region x

We can do that in a alliance as well...

Edit: And let's be serious the ability to do this isn't worth being neutral even if we couldn't send troops
temujin94
temujin94
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2011-03-23, 02:41

EDEN is a lot more friendly now that Spain and Poland are gone. TBH I didn't really like the alliance very much before that. But Croatia and Ireland and Canada and some of the others are p cool.

Cool
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-03-23, 02:59

NL havent been more active than us since 7,8 months, in average, ...

About the possibility to send troops : to do what ? We have a training army, not an elite army...
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Leviathin 2011-03-23, 04:01

ThomasRED wrote:NL havent been more active than us since 7,8 months, in average, ...

Are we about equal to them in activity? Little more or a little less?
M.Leviathin
M.Leviathin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-03-23, 04:25

In my opinion, more. But mainly between November and January.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-23, 09:22

EDEN is an alliance that's on the decline imo. Once they start taking in smaller countries they'll end soon.

Mark my words: every alliance in this game has died when it took in smaller countries.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-03-23, 09:25

I say: do an ally with NL :p.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-23, 09:38

The neutrality is not eternal on a game of strategy.
In the future, when the alliances will be established, the one or the other one will want the country for its situation. It will be then too late to ask of the help a country.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-23, 11:41

Elynea wrote:The neutrality is not eternal on a game of strategy.
In the future, when the alliances will be established, the one or the other one will want the country for its situation. It will be then too late to ask of the help a country.

I know countries that remenained Neutral for 2 years and longer and still had a very prosper government, community and game experience.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-23, 11:46

yeah maybe you see that, neutral countries are in the game, but who are talking about them.
Say me some names.Where are they? Their situation? You want to keep neutrality, then just stay in the country, don't participate on battles, or you must allow our fighters can go in battles in others countries, or training war (but it cost golds too).

An army must have battles to progress. Now i was talking about the situation of a country. Imagine, you are near countries from "terra", nwo wants our country to attack our neighbors ... they can take eBelgium, with a war or with a TO and after they have solution to attack easy the other alliance. We must think about that too.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-23, 12:19

Elynea wrote:yeah maybe you see that, neutral countries are in the game, but who are talking about them.
Say me some names.Where are they?

Ireland to give you one example (there are more). s*** only started to hit the fan for them once they decided to get involved.

Elynea wrote:You want to keep neutrality

yes, for the moment. Unless either Terra or NWO comes up with a very decent proposal.

Elynea wrote:then just stay in the country, don't participate on battles,

why? neutral =/= not participating in battles. I think you have not a clue what neutrality means in erep.

Elynea wrote:or you must allow our fighters can go in battles in others countries, or training war (but it cost golds too).

all wars cost gold. The fact that you are in an alliance doesn't change that. And it's perfectly possible to be Neutral in fight in foreign wars.

Elynea wrote:An army must have battles to progress.

I agree, but read my comment. I personally think you don't know that it's very easy to combine neutrality with fighting in wars.

Elynea wrote: Imagine, you are near countries from "terra", nwo wants our country to attack our neighbors ... they can take eBelgium, with a war or with a TO and after they have solution to attack easy the other alliance. We must think about that too.

-.- scaremongering. I expected more from you, tbf.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieter557 2011-03-23, 13:37

I don't see the benefits of joining an alliance. And I don't see how we could benefit an alliance. imo staying neutral is the way to go. We have been neutral for almost over a year now and we're still on the map, we have a TW with eNL.

In the past we had MPPs with other countries that were at war to be able to join the fights but those MPPs weren't tied to a single alliance.

eBelgium is friendly to a lot of countries...

I like how we are doing now, and why change something that's worked out fine before?
Pieter557
Pieter557
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-23, 13:38

@shadow : about Ireland

https://ebelgium.forumotion.net/t2708-ireland-has-joined-eden

you know the game, the strategy is that. If a country has a good situation in eWorld, you can't change that. At the begining of the game, that was possible, but now, you see a lot of countries chose alliances, many countries changed.

Sure we can stay in the way of neutrality, but we must thinking about a protection if we would be attacked.
i'm not for this alliance or other.

@ i hope we can keep the TW with UNL
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-03-23, 13:44

We are to small to go in an alliance and Eden is not in good shape to defend it's members. On the other hand our neutrality allowed us to be friendly to countries in oposite alliance. It was what permited us to not be wiped ou when Poland attacked us to reach France. They kept ther words and RW Wallonia in time unlike our southern neighbours.

Entering and alliance will mean we would get caught in unwanted conflict.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2011-03-23, 15:10

And how about staying neutral, but creating ties with fellow small nations (eSwitzerland, eAustria, eNL ofcourse, and so on) and sending our (elite) troops to fight on their side when they are attacked. Our influence on the final outcome might still be pretty small, but we would be making a nice gesture, making friends in new communities, and have some sort of a mission for our nation. I was toying with the idea of a League of Small Nations ever since I started playing eRepublik, and since an alliance would be irrealistic to achieve, this loose commitment could be a better format.

Just dreaming out loud about the League - if established as something other nations/individuals could sympathize with (protecting the weak is a fine goal after all), donations could be requested to support the goal. You never know what could come from it... *looking in the distance with a dreamy gaze*
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-03-23, 15:15

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:and sending our (elite) troops to fight on their side when they are attacked.

We don't have an elite army but a training army. We don't have neither the budget to send the possibles 2,3 elites abroad. :-/
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister No Name 2011-03-23, 15:55

I suppose there is no need for an alliance now .
Only if they would want to attack us again it would be great for safety.
But we have the wars already.
Mister No Name
Mister No Name
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-23, 16:53

Elynea wrote:@shadow : about Ireland

https://ebelgium.forumotion.net/t2708-ireland-has-joined-eden

you know the game, the strategy is that. If a country has a good situation in eWorld, you can't change that. At the begining of the game, that was possible, but now, you see a lot of countries chose alliances, many countries changed.

Sure we can stay in the way of neutrality, but we must thinking about a protection if we would be attacked.
i'm not for this alliance or other.

@ i hope we can keep the TW with UNL

read my post again. I said 'shit only started to hit the fan for them once they decided to get involved." => meaning: that they used to do good as a neutral nation for a few years, than they decided to join alliances and started having PTO's and invasions every month.

Neutrality is our protection. don't you see that? We are not tied to 1 alliance and always find help in the others if 1 decides to drop us and invade.

Aldous Zamiatin wrote:And how about staying neutral, but creating ties with fellow small nations (eSwitzerland, eAustria, eNL ofcourse, and so on) and sending our (elite) troops to fight on their side when they are attacked. Our influence on the final outcome might still be pretty small, but we would be making a nice gesture, making friends in new communities, and have some sort of a mission for our nation. I was toying with the idea of a League of Small Nations ever since I started playing eRepublik, and since an alliance would be irrealistic to achieve, this loose commitment could be a better format.

nah, that won't work for several reasons.

1) small nations don't do much damage input
2) they can't afford to send troops over to each other as they lack the finance for it.
3) smaller nations can't afford to anger a big player that's invading a fellow small country.
4) small countries often value their neutrality and their congresses are a pain the ass to persuade to send aid to each other.
5) like TR says, we don't have a elite squad. We 2 decent strength ppl and the rest of eBE army is, sorry to say so, a huge joke.
6) the more countries you involve in this "league of small nations" the bigger your alliance becomes (in therms of number of countries). And many members is exactly what kills alliances. (see PEACE, PHX, EDEN,...)

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-23, 17:06

5) like TR says, we don't have a elite squad. We 2 decent strength ppl and the rest of eBE army is, sorry to say so, a huge joke.

Make that 4 and you make me very happy Twisted Evil
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-23, 17:17

Glenn Wauters wrote:5) like TR says, we don't have a elite squad. We 2 decent strength ppl and the rest of eBE army is, sorry to say so, a huge joke.

Make that 4 and you make me very happy Twisted Evil

sorry pal, but the only one with a somewhat decent strenght in eBE in TR. And even his strenght isn't high enough to be counted in in many "elite squads"
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-23, 17:18

+1 for TR

@shadow : it's only an example: if ePoland would have eBelgium to have a strategic situation, should you go on "epoland irc" and say : Stop your attack on eBelgium i'm shadow and i want that? No, they don't care about us, about our neutrality. It's not a protection.

I agree aldous... I hope the respect for this neutrality and for all little countries. I hope see in futur an alliance who could protect every little country.

eBelgium exists because we haven't big ressources, don't forget that.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Jofroi 2011-03-23, 17:23

Just look at what France did 2 months ago, neutrality is not a protection.
Jofroi
Jofroi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xgentis Lempereur 2011-03-23, 17:30

France are backstaber.
Xgentis Lempereur
Xgentis Lempereur

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-23, 17:32

Elynea wrote:+1 for TR

@shadow : it's only an example: if ePoland would have eBelgium to have a strategic situation, should you go on "epoland irc" and say : Stop your attack on eBelgium i'm shadow and i want that? No, they don't care about us, about our neutrality. It's not a protection.

http://forum.erepublik.com/showthread.php/109934-A-new-era-of-strategical-warfare

gonna make it extremely hard to maintain eBE as a path or for resources. Not to mention that precisely due to our neutrality, they don't want to attack us since we aren't worth the DoW cost.

Elynea wrote:I agree aldous... I hope the respect for this neutrality and for all little countries. I hope see in futur an alliance who could protect every little country.

alliances will NEVER protect smaller countries. NEVER. It's what killed nearly every alliance that ever existed in this game.

Jofroi wrote:Just look at what France did 2 months ago, neutrality is not a protection.

Exactly!!! perfect example. If we had been a EDEN/NWO nation, they would have completely conquered us. In stead, due to our neutrality and the leverage we had in PANAM and other countries in eWorld, we managed to get them so far that they fought for us and eventually returned all our regions. Do you think the same would have happened if we had joined a enemy alliance?
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldous Zamiatin 2011-03-23, 17:40

The essence of the league is being looser than an alliance, so little strings attached other than ties of friendship that motivate people to help others in need. As I already acknowledged above, our influence would be insignificant (by "elite" I meant higher ranked and wealthier soldiers in our country), but it's mostly the gesture that counts, a gesture that lets others know that they're not alone and that there are others who would be prepared to help, even if just symbolically. If handled rightly (pr wise), larger countries would know what the league stands for and know that it doesn't form a serious threat to their foreign policies. As to the financial side, I know that on quiet days (especially before our current TW) some people left eBelgium to fight for the extra rank and experience points, and came back the same day, doing this out of personal funds. I still do it some times, but it could give such trips a special dimension if it had a special goal attached to it. Our problem now is mostly the lack of a higher mission, and this could be just it.
Aldous Zamiatin
Aldous Zamiatin
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilpo 2011-03-23, 17:53

Indeed being neutral does have its benefits - there is no question about that. It is a strategy that has kept this country independent and (more or less) safe for over a year now. But it has also kept it weak, boring and relatively unknown around the world. I have been to many different countries and I always get the same response every time I speak of Belgium (e.g. “who?”). This is a GAME, remember, and if the only thing you are concerned about is the technical existence of your country then you are not getting as much out of it as you could be getting.

Take the game of poker for example. If all you do is spend the whole time anteing up but never make any bets, you really aren’t having much fun. Sure, you may stay in the game longer than the guy next to you who makes some adventurous bets and ends up losing it all and having to buy in again (i.e. RW), but even then he STILL had more fun than you.

But hey, this is just one man’s opinion. I know a lot of you are content just acting out your pretend roles as congress members and government officials, and that's fine (I was perfectly happy doing that too for a while). Just remember that not everybody in Belgium is a politician and the average citizen needs some stimulus too (e.g. challenges to face, opponents to unite against) or they will eventually die or move away out of boredom.
Stilpo
Stilpo
Forum Titan
Forum Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasRED 2011-03-23, 18:05

Stilpo wrote:Indeed being neutral does have its benefits - there is no question about that. It is a strategy that has kept this country independent and (more or less) safe for over a year now. But it has also kept it weak, boring and relatively unknown around the world. I have been to many different countries and I always get the same response every time I speak of Belgium (e.g. “who?”). This is a GAME, remember, and if the only thing you are concerned about is the technical existence of your country then you are not getting as much out of it as you could be getting.

Ireland who ? What a Face jocolor eBE will never become ePL, eUSA, eHU, eSR, or even eFR... But i get your point.
ThomasRED
ThomasRED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-23, 21:45

Long-winded political debate... ew. I mean, from what I Gather we have one of two real options.

1: Stay neutral, stay 'safe' (or at least out of everyone's sites), stay poor, stay boring, and stay... Well... Like this.

2: Join an alliance, gain allies, gain enemies, and gamble a bit with the devil himself <_<

Am I wrong?
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Fhaemita Malodorous 2011-03-23, 23:29

If we choose a side/alliance we will most likely be trampled by the other alliances
Fhaemita Malodorous
Fhaemita Malodorous
Forum Bad-ass
Forum Bad-ass

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-24, 00:35

Unless we, yaknow, choose an alliance that has our best interest in mind? I mean, that's why they're in an alliance. They want to back others and have others have their backs. If we're too usesless and unreliable to join an honorable alliance, that's not really anyones fault but our own.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-24, 08:44

RayCaptain wrote:Long-winded political debate... ew. I mean, from what I Gather we have one of two real options.

1: Stay neutral, stay 'safe' (or at least out of everyone's sites), stay poor, stay boring, and stay... Well... Like this.

2: Join an alliance, gain allies, gain enemies, and gamble a bit with the devil himself <_<

Am I wrong?

you're wrong.

you have to add to point 2:
A) we can't join a decent alliance.
B) we can probably join some s*** alliance or a alliance that's near death.

If you chose point B, I can tell you: we've been there 2 times (ONE and Entente) and in neither of those cases we noticed any real difference here in the forums or in the game. Why? Because dead alliances are dead and are just as dull and boring as neutrality.

Look at Ireland. Ireland joined EDEN. Now they are PTO'd by ppl who are not out for the money, medals or the gold in their bank, no, the eUK PTO group there has 1 main goal: Destroy Ireland in such a way that it will take as long as possible to rebuild it.
And it's only a matter of days (if not hours) before eUK will NE Ireland and take them over completely.

If Ireland would have remained the neutral friendly nation, then I'm 100% certain eUSA would have joined them in their fight and never allowed eUK in. Not to mention that I think many ppl in eUK who are now pro-invasion, would have been outspokenly against it.

If you join a alliance, you know what they will make us? A damage divertor. We would be the nation that France or eUK conquers every time some major battle is about to happen in the hopes that EDEN soldiers would fight for us in stead of fighting in the important battle. We'd become the money drain of EDEN.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-24, 21:46

(Keeping it short and simple here)

Then, Shadow, in your infinite knowledge, what is it you suggest?
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-25, 08:04

RayCaptain wrote:(Keeping it short and simple here)

Then, Shadow, in your infinite knowledge, what is it you suggest?

Neutral, with strong ties to both alliances.

You can easily remain neutral and still get involved.

For example:

-You can make a statement out of it that you always support countries defending their own regions. (make sure that all countries know that you do this regardless of alliance or allegiance and that you retreat your army once the original regions aren't in danger anymore)
-You can send your army to Country X to fight there with funds, while MPP'ing with country Y and let your population fight for the opponent while your army fights for the other side.
-You can say that you'll fight for Country X this week and for country Y the other week.
-You chose to support a country individually. For example: eUK NE's Ireland, we pledge to support them. We make it clear, trough extensive Foreign affairs lobby'ing, to all sides that we do not support PANAM (or terra, if you must), nor do we support EDEN, we just had a congressvote to help Ireland.
-only fight against countries that we don't share a border with or are in no immediate threat to us (ea: Indonesia, Russia, US, Australia,...)

There are many other ways to fight daily, without jeopardizing your neutrality or putting the country at risk.

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next