eRepBelgium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

+17
Mister No Name
Aldous Zamiatin
Xgentis Lempereur
Pieter557
Elynea
shadowukcs
NLSP
ThomasRED
Chris Stanwick
Jacob van Artevelde
temujin94
Stilpo
Jofroi
Bert_en_Ernie
Glenn Wauters
Fhaemita Malodorous
M.Leviathin
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries. - Page 2 Empty Re: We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

Post by Elynea 2011-03-25, 08:31

- a declaration is nothing in a game maybe for some persons, that's not enough
- you must have an mpp with a country who don't fight in an big alliance.
Example : at a moment, i hesitated to come fight here because the country was in mpp with hungary (it's NWO).
- to stay in an other country? Smile How do we participate in the economy?

Many things are to be considered. The game evolves and we have to evolve with it, if we want to exist, but i agree, to be neutral is the good way for our country.

Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

We're Surrounded by Terra Countries. - Page 2 Empty Re: We're Surrounded by Terra Countries.

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-25, 09:05

Elynea wrote:- a declaration is nothing in a game maybe for some persons, that's not enough

Elynea, I can say that I have enough experience with this and that for most ppl it isn't a problem. Before you do send troops, you have a chat with both sides, see that no one makes big problems out of this. If they start giving us a hard time later on, we show the IRC logs as proof that they consented with our involvement.

But like I said, in my experience, usually a chat with ppl is enough.

Elynea wrote:- you must have an mpp with a country who don't fight in an big alliance.
Example : at a moment, i hesitated to come fight here because the country was in mpp with hungary (it's NWO).

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.

Elynea wrote:- to stay in an other country? Smile How do we participate in the economy?

errrrr... you do know that if you move to another country without changing citizenship, you continue to work in your company and support the eBelgian economy, right? They've implanted that months ago, you know.

As long as you don't change your citizenship, it doesn't matter in what country you are. You will support our economy just as much as if you where staying here. Only difference maybe is that you'll be forced to buy products in the residing country, but that can easily be fixed if you have an org or ask someone in eBE to buy supplies for you.

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-25, 09:13

I speak about the last month for the mpp.

I respect choices, but that of the mpp is very important.
If we continue to have TW, it's nice in this moment.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-25, 21:28

Yeah, the TW is nice... And I guess as long as we keep some form of conflict (fake or not) and stay neutral, I got no problem. But stagnant water will choke out life faster than a chaotic and quick moving river, just remember that.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-03-26, 10:50

I understand you guys are trying to avoid talking to France but if it stops you from being invaded, I'd join Terra. If not them, then EDEN would be an alright idea, you guys should be protected by someone, being neutral gets you no where and wheres the risk? Sure, you may lose the country in the future but you will get it back. You have many friends in the eWorld. You just don't know it yet.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Critically 2011-03-26, 15:50

Rowan Quigley wrote:I understand you guys are trying to avoid talking to France but if it stops you from being invaded, I'd join Terra. If not them, then EDEN would be an alright idea, you guys should be protected by someone, being neutral gets you no where and wheres the risk? Sure, you may lose the country in the future but you will get it back. You have many friends in the eWorld. You just don't know it yet.

+1!

EDEN ftw !
Critically
Critically
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3323844

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-26, 15:52

Apart from the France part, I like it. If Terra could twist France's arm into some formal apology and refunding of some sort of resources that we lost or whatever, I'd go along with Terra. We're behind frienly lines after all.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-26, 15:56

Elynea wrote:I speak about the last month for the mpp.

I respect choices, but that of the mpp is very important.
If we continue to have TW, it's nice in this moment.

The TW with hungary is one of a long chain of MPPs we had
We used to switch MPPs every month between Phoenix and Eden (Brolliance) when the new alliances werent there yet

One month Phoenix, one month Eden (Brolliance) etc
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-03-26, 16:30

RayCaptain wrote:Apart from the France part, I like it. If Terra could twist France's arm into some formal apology and refunding of some sort of resources that we lost or whatever, I'd go along with Terra. We're behind frienly lines after all.

I'm sure if Terra gains an extra member that they'd be happy to fix a political and military issue. Just remember guys, there is no harm in trying to get into Terra and if you do, you may get the Netherlands, who knows? Anything is possible if you take a risk and try something new. I may come back to Belgium as Australia has become very depressing and frustrating.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-26, 18:24

No against any alliance
See what happened to my eBirth country Ireland
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-26, 19:17

Glenn Wauters wrote:No against any alliance
See what happened to my eBirth country Ireland

Ireland was doing just fine in the Brolliance era, in fact, they were able to push the UK around quite a bit. The way I see it, as long as we have America on our side (there is a certain morale boosting aura about them) then we'll be in good shape. If everyone would just swallow that French grudge and whatnot, we would do nicely in Terra...
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-26, 19:38

Sorry, but you are wrong about eFrance. I can tell you, If no Frenchs hadn't come in the country to fight in our side , eBelgium would not exist any more. yes, they made errors, but the country always exists, it is the main thing in this story. I saw more than ten persons coming for the battles. I'm not for Terra or other alliance, because they make a dependance. (liberty before all)

It's time to open your eyes, and see the reality.

You are too stubborn and vindictive, but if you want keep the neutrality, you must have more citizens.
It is a game above all, do'nt forget that. Admins made the alliances to create battles. you must choose an active country and especially keep good relations with the other countries. Wink
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-26, 21:33

Well EDEN is going downhill and no way anyone would join NWO, not like we're given the chance... What do you suggest we do Elynea?

Also, France did make a mistake, a big one, not a little one, a big one... One that was drawn out and hurt a lot of Belgian feelings lol. We're, for a lack of a better word, pissed...
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-26, 22:09

Sincerely, I don't know. At the beginning, I would have been shocked to participate in an alliance. Now, the country chooses and I play the game, i follow the choice. We must have fun, if we are angry for this or that, we can't have it.

If eBelgium chooses an alliance, I shall follow the country, but I wouldn't participate in a battle which takes a region in another country. I prefer to defend, it's a personal choice. I respect the neutrality.

The problem with NWO, They would ask to block the countries of Terra which are our neighbors. TERRA don't help enough for me, Eden, i don't know really that alliance. But i'm open to meet news persons, it's not a problem for me.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-03-27, 06:40

Elynea wrote:Sincerely, I don't know. At the beginning, I would have been shocked to participate in an alliance. Now, the country chooses and I play the game, i follow the choice. We must have fun, if we are angry for this or that, we can't have it.

If eBelgium chooses an alliance, I shall follow the country, but I wouldn't participate in a battle which takes a region in another country. I prefer to defend, it's a personal choice. I respect the neutrality.

The problem with NWO, They would ask to block the countries of Terra which are our neighbors. TERRA don't help enough for me, Eden, i don't know really that alliance. But i'm open to meet news persons, it's not a problem for me.

According to your statements, Belgium can't be neutral because they need more citizens. They can't join Terra because of the Frenchies, you don't want to betray America by joining the NWO and you say EDEN is dieing. So the solutions are either get a babyboom, make peace with the Frenchies, ignore the Americans or just join EDEN and see where it takes you.

I'm sorry for those who didn't want their problems to be solved.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elynea 2011-03-27, 10:35

why we need news citizens? Because, how much ebelgians in this moment? not a lot. You can see risk of pto, TO ... The country doesn't live, it survives.

I don't say : you must make that or this, but we are locked into the politics, and it's a game of strategy. It is necessary to develop our relations with the other countries.
Elynea
Elynea
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-27, 11:25

Elynea wrote:why we need news citizens? Because, how much ebelgians in this moment? not a lot. You can see risk of pto, TO ... The country doesn't live, it survives.

what PTO risk? YMAD?

Apart from our "internal PTO", we haven't had a decent PTO attempt in years.

Elynea wrote:I don't say : you must make that or this, but we are locked into the politics, and it's a game of strategy. It is necessary to develop our relations with the other countries.

also, anyone saying we could join Terra is a retard. Since it's clear we can't. I asked last month and I could nearly hear them laughing from the other side of the Atlantic.

shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-27, 13:46

shadowukcs wrote:
Elynea wrote:I don't say : you must make that or this, but we are locked into the politics, and it's a game of strategy. It is necessary to develop our relations with the other countries.

also, anyone saying we could join Terra is a retard. Since it's clear we can't. I asked last month and I could nearly hear them laughing from the other side of the Atlantic.

Epic comment of the month
piggy
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-27, 14:49

shadowukcs wrote:also, anyone saying we could join Terra is a retard. Since it's clear we can't. I asked last month and I could nearly hear them laughing from the other side of the Atlantic.

The Opposition reference
We're Surrounded by Terra Countries. - Page 2 ImagesCAQ1BAMW

Look, just because you can't get something done by yourself, doesn't mean Belgium as a community can't. Now, I'm an avid believer Belgium should join/create/whatever some form of an alliance. I don't care if it's Terra or not, but have a little faith in us all Shadow.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowukcs 2011-03-27, 19:09

RayCaptain wrote:
shadowukcs wrote:also, anyone saying we could join Terra is a retard. Since it's clear we can't. I asked last month and I could nearly hear them laughing from the other side of the Atlantic.

The Opposition reference

Look, just because you can't get something done by yourself, doesn't mean Belgium as a community can't. Now, I'm an avid believer Belgium should join/create/whatever some form of an alliance. I don't care if it's Terra or not, but have a little faith in us all Shadow.

both "UMAD" and "YMAD" work. (YMAD is the retro version of UMAD)

As for your second comment: On 2 occasions we joined a alliance that was s***, but nevertheless joined it for the sake of joining a alliance.

On both occasions we ended up with biggest fails in our eHistory.

Terra: no way we can ever join them
NWO: idem
EDEN: dying.

Hence joining any alliance at this point would be utterly stupid.

But I'll tell you what: if you can get Terra so far that we can join them, I'll give you all my gold + my account, I'll go the manège behind us, rape a horse, take pics of me raping the horse and post them online on this forum.

That's how certain I am Terra will never take us in.
shadowukcs
shadowukcs
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Wauters 2011-03-27, 19:38

shadowukcs wrote:
RayCaptain wrote:

The Opposition reference

both "UMAD" and "YMAD" work. (YMAD is the retro version of UMAD)

As for your second comment: On 2 occasions we joined a alliance that was s***, but nevertheless joined it for the sake of joining a alliance.

On both occasions we ended up with biggest fails in our eHistory.

Terra: no way we can ever join them
NWO: idem
EDEN: dying.

Hence joining any alliance at this point would be utterly stupid.

But I'll tell you what: if you can get Terra so far that we can join them, I'll give you all my gold + my account, I'll go the manège behind us, rape a horse, take pics of me raping the horse and post them online on this forum.

That's how certain I am Terra will never take us in.

If I send them that you will do this if they let us join, then they'll probably let us in clown
Just so they can see you rape a horse
Glenn Wauters
Glenn Wauters
Forum Bad-a**
Forum Bad-a**

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-27, 19:53

Ok, my bad for getting us off-topic here. Look, I'm being serious lol... Have some faith in what a small, determined community can do. If you all will actually put your mind to it and show that you're interested, I will personally open up talks, but I need for at least a majority of people here to show they support Terra. Belgium is a fickle country when it comes to foreign relations... We're a rainbow when it comes to that area >_> BUT, like I said, get behind it, and I'll do it ^_^
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-03-28, 02:00

There's a certain pride in being self-reliant.

Isn't it possible to keep investing in backup and underground structures? So in the event of a foreign invasion we can:
- maintain communications (forum, irc, alert chains ...) and economic infrastructure (private and state companies)
- keep a systematic political activity pursuing self-government
- still look for ad hoc allies to wage resistance wars (motivate them with payment from a reserve fund and letters of credit or promises for future support in return, like the Lend-Lease agreements in WW II)

Then i suggest we keep on investing in a strong economy, education, cohesion, even psy-ops ...
I think the Swiss have such a social defence system in real life. Since foreign powers know it exists, it likely has prevented invasions for a long time. In Singapore a variant is called Total Defence.

The best asset we could have is our internal cohesion and the fact that we consistently honour our agreements. It would meddle potential opponents' brains Cool
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever
2,000 Premium Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail Alexander 2011-03-28, 03:59

Become friendly with Terra, send a representative over to the HQ. Get to know them. Make suggestions to make the alliance better and they may take you in. I can see Shadow, you may find it pointless to join an alliance, yes, it maybe but at least you can say you got Belgium into a well-known alliance. Or you can make your own alliance, which most alliances that aren't big, fail. So just make a decision, do you want to join one, or not, and let this discussion come to rest.
Mikhail Alexander
Mikhail Alexander
1,000 Club Member
1,000 Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-03-28, 04:38

Methinks the exchange of opinions should be ongoing. We should not let a decision be forced upon us or choose sides frivolously. For now there's no imminent threat. Only a rogue state would invade us. Even so, given our good standing in the world, we still could ask to join the "opposing" alliance and meanwhile fight bravely for our cherished freedom. Am i wrong?
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by RayCaptain 2011-03-28, 04:45

Ward De Bever wrote:Methinks the exchange of opinions should be ongoing. We should not let a decision be forced upon us or choose sides frivolously. For now there's no imminent threat. Only a rogue state would invade us. Even so, given our good standing in the world, we still could ask to join the "opposing" alliance and meanwhile fight bravely for our cherished freedom. Am i wrong?

Well, tell me this... If an alliance wouldn't take us when we weren't giving them any problems, why in the world would an alliance take us when they knew they'd have to immediately rush to defend us? They would not. That's just it, we don't have any 'good standings', we're just on no ones bad side as of yet. That's what 'neutral' is in eR. You aren't ticking anyone off, but a single rogue nation attacks and every other nation has this "Not my problem" moment.
RayCaptain
RayCaptain
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ward De Bever 2011-03-28, 05:20

Thanks for your reply. You talk about the need to "immediately rush". But what i learned from PTO's and invasions in eBelgium so far is that patience and time run through the longest day (Patience et longueur de temps font plus que force ni que rage - Rome is niet op een dag gebouwd). All i'm saying is that we could keep on exploring alternatives to fighting like headless chickens. A foreign rogue state should learn (or rather: should already know) that they can bend, not break us. Maybe this attitude can evoke sympathy among intelligent nations... Just my two centimes though.
Ward De Bever
Ward De Bever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2